PDA

View Full Version : VIVA WYNDHAM TANGERINE -- Caberete...

JimmyGondulezNYC
09-21-2010, 02:22 AM
How's everyone doing out there? A friend of mines had introduced me to this site, and I immediately began to realize that going to DR is not a trip, its an experience. I have been going religiously about 5-6x a year for the past 3 years. Like all, started out with the AI's in Puerto Plata, took my game down south to the capital and Boca Chica, but have returned back to the north coast simply because it has all you need and want. Recently I've strayed away from the AIs and started renting villa houses in Casa Linda... I've done this about my last 3-4 last trips, and its a great idea, but can get pricey when you eat and drink like animals and the chica revolving door doesn't stop.

I've decided to go back to an AI this weekend Sept 27-Oct 2, this time, staying at the Viva Wyndham Tangerine. Coming from NY, I got a flight and hotel for a wopping total of 710, so this was a no brainer. Any fellow members have any experiences with this property- good, bad, indifferent? One weird thing about this property was this: 59 USD a room for one person, and 77 USD for 2. I've never done this in AIs, but you think it is possible to pay for 2 in a room, and when I want, just check the chica in with me, and check her out when I am done? Better than paying for passes, and the location of the hotel to the strip in Caberete and Sosua, it's really a win win situation. I'm familiar with a few of the bars and discos in Sosua, but one thing that seems to be very popular with members on this board are the various smaller chica friendly hotels where all the parties and meetings amongst the board members commences.

Really looking for some last minute advice for my last second trip and really looking to making new friends and really getting a feel for what this country has to offer. 20+ trips in the past 5 years doesn't make me totally clueless, but theres definitely room for more knowledge and opportunity...

Apos
09-21-2010, 02:30 AM
Bienvenido!

Generally we don't do AI's and tend to stay in Sosua.

Get to Sosua and consider renting a cheap room just to take the chicas to, you'll be thankful later, jejeje :corky:

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Yeah, why do an AI at all? Good and drinks are cheap- stock up at the suparmarket and you're good to go! You can even get many a chica to come cook for you!
The revolving door can't get any cheaper than "at" ground-zero!
Y si, bienvenido hermano!

jose1234
09-21-2010, 05:03 AM
I went to this AI this summer and it was fine and modest as compared with some of the other AI's I've been to. The AI's are a family or couple thing and not for a monger experience. You will still have to take a taxi to Sosua every day or Motoconcho... Taxi will be expensive. But, since you already signed up for this trip, hope it goes ok and all.

weyland
09-21-2010, 08:56 AM
You will still have to take a taxi to Sosua every day or Motoconcho.
Wrong on two counts.

Firstly, visiting Sosúa every day is not obligatory under Dominican law as far as I am aware. I visit there on average once every two weeks and I still retain my health and virility. There is life beyond Sosúa for true believers, you know.

Secondly, if and when he does visit Sosúa he will take neither a private taxi (too expensive, as you rightly say) nor a motoconcho (avoid those dangerous f*ckers for all but short trips), but a publico (shared taxi running along fixed routes) or the Rio San Juan to Puerto Plata guagua (people carrying van or, very occasionally, bus). Both these last methods will cost about 30 pesos each way and are fast and frequent. Can be uncomfortable when crowded but it's only a 12-minute ride.

weyland
09-21-2010, 09:02 AM
One weird thing about this property was this ... US$77 for 2.
This would be a very good deal and would make buying a flight and hotel package very competitive ...

but ...

I suspect you would only be able to register one (that is, the same) chica for your week, not chop and change. If so, you might get round this one or twice by stealth or bribery but not on every occasion you take someone back to the hotel for sex.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Seville
09-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Wrong on two counts.

Firstly, visiting Sosúa every day is not obligatory under Dominican law as far as I am aware. I visit there on average once every two weeks and I still retain my health and virility. There is life beyond Sosúa for true believers, you know.

Secondly, if and when he does visit Sosúa he will take neither a private taxi (too expensive, as you rightly say) nor a motoconcho (avoid those dangerous f*ckers for all but short trips), but a publico (shared taxi running along fixed routes) or the Rio San Juan to Puerto Plata guagua (people carrying van or, very occasionally, bus). Both these last methods will cost about 30 pesos each way.

When Sir Weyland speaks, people listen.:wink:

weyland
09-21-2010, 09:05 AM

Sorry. Duplicated post.

weyland
09-21-2010, 09:09 AM
When Sir Weyland speaks, people listen.:wink:
OMG! I have acquired another weird stalker. Just when I had finally shaken off CuriousDude.

TONYTNT40
09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I stayed at the Tangerine Wyndham in Caberete last year. I hated the place. You will only be able to check in one guest,and they will give her an arm band to be able to walk around the premises. They have two entrances to the Hotel, one through the front desk and the other to the left near the pay restaurant. One time I was able to sneak a few chicas in the room after we left the pay restaurant, and the next time I tried it the guard was there, so its hit and miss. Last year to break up my trip, I decided, to get a room at the Wyndham for the weekend, but I also kept my room in the Seabreeze for the chicas. When I arrived, I still thought it was a good idea, until I had my 1st beer. The beer was hot, and in a plastic cup, then I tried the pina calada, that was bad also. On the
Hotel website, they claim to have 3 restaurants, well they do, but one is a pay restaurant and one wasnt open, so I was left with one restaurant, for lunch they had hamburgers and mystery pizza. It was awful. I packed a bag, and went to the Seabreeze, never to return to the Wyndham, even though I had paid in advance for 2 more days, I had to cut my losses.

jose1234
09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I think a lot of people will have the same opinion about the food and drinks at this hotel. They use the cheapest liquer available and the mixed drinks are not very good to me. As far as taking public transportation, that is fine if you want to stand around on the street and wait for it and sit in an overcrowded vehicle... Actually that may be fun a few times, but my attitude on vacation is "when I want to go...I want to go" I don't want any more hastle or complications than necessary... But that is my style... I just want to fly in there and plop into my hotel and walk around to everything I want to do if possible...

One of the good things is that downtown Cabarete is about a 15 minute walk along the beach or road... So you can enjoy partying around there a few nights...but things don't get going there until about 11pm... There is usually a Presidente party at one of the bars...

Have fun!

Jimmydr
09-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I think a lot of people will have the same opinion about the food and drinks at this hotel. They use the cheapest liquer available and the mixed drinks are not very good to me. As far as taking public transportation, that is fine if you want to stand around on the street and wait for it and sit in an overcrowded vehicle... Actually that may be fun a few times, but my attitude on vacation is "when I want to go...I want to go" I don't want any more hastle or complications than necessary... But that is my style... I just want to fly in there and plop into my hotel and walk around to everything I want to do if possible...

One of the good things is that downtown Cabarete is about a 15 minute walk along the beach or road... So you can enjoy partying around there a few nights...but things don't get going there until about 11pm... There is usually a Presidente party at one of the bars...

Have fun!

I stayed in Caberete about 7 times in 2 years. Great little town.

Jimmydr
09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Really looking for some last minute advice for my last second trip and really looking to making new friends and really getting a feel for what this country has to offer. 20+ trips in the past 5 years doesn't make me totally clueless, but theres definitely room for more knowledge and opportunity...

Well tell us all about it.

weyland
09-21-2010, 11:46 AM

Oops! Something funny going on with my link? My posts are duplicating.

weyland
09-21-2010, 11:55 AM
As far as taking public transportation, that is fine if you want to stand around on the street and wait for it and sit in an overcrowded vehicle... Actually that may be fun a few times, but my attitude on vacation is "when I want to go...I want to go" I don't want any more hastle or complications than necessary.

Fair comment. We all choose to spend our extra cash different ways. Some on taxis, some on alcohol or cigars, some on additional chicas, some on helping locals, etc, etc.

Of course many guys have sufficient funds not to have to choose between these options, but I guess they wouldn't be staying in the Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Public transport can be overcrowded, but you can get round that by paying for two seats, still a fraction of the price of hiring a private taxi. And, yes, you may have to wait up to 5 minutes in the day or up to 15 minutes late at night when, if you are bringing a chica back to Cabarete from Sosua, a taxi might be a more attractive option, I agree.

But I cannot see there is any hassle or complication involved. It's fixed prices and more or less door to door. Often it is more hassle haggling with private cab drivers.

weyland
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM

JimmyGondulezNYC
09-21-2010, 02:45 PM
well much indeed thank you for all the great advice.. MY last few trips to Sosua, staying at CasaLInda was a great time and much fun had... It was 4 of us staying in a 4 bedroom villa.. Villa went for about 1600 USD for the 9 days we were there.... went to the supermercado next to the caribe tours bus stop ... alot better prices than the playero next to casa linda.... Most of our mongering was already set up on Dominican Cupid and Latin American cupid... Our search started about 3-4 months prior and we would tell the chicas we were buying the house we were staying in ... I would tell my girl to bring a friend and my friend would do the same... Somehow someway we had a house full of 4 girls every day and night.. ONly had one bad experience where the chicas friend wanted money and because we said no, the chicas refused to leave.. had to get a little physical with them, while security sat there and did nothing, but that was it.. We went to Sosua beach a few times, picked up some nice chicas, and they came over 1-2x, and once again, as long as we fed them, drank with them, and promised them more visits, everything was good.. Many of them wanted to exchanged emails and they question of money doesn't come up until I return back to the States. I usually ignore them for a few weeks and pick up right where we left off...

The AI is only because it was last minute and strapped for cash on this trip. I see the SeaBreeze and New GArden are the popular ones on here. As we walk around Sosua, the names and places I hear about on here, sorta come to life, and I smile and say, i can only imagine the shenenigans going on behind those gates...lol

Looking for a return trip to one of these smaller places possibly week of Martin Luther King Day... I know this trip won't be as fun as my previous ones, but definitely looking for possible wingmen and get together in January.

Apos
09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
How about some trip reports? :wink:;)
I stayed in Caberete about 7 times in 2 years. Great little town.
Got pix? :lol:

Jimmydr
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
How about some trip reports? :wink:;)
Got pix? :lol:

Before I had a camera.

Apos
09-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Before I had a camera.
The dog ate mine...:rolleyes:

Jimmydr
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
The dog ate mine...:rolleyes:

I started with pictures in 2003, I think.

Apos
09-21-2010, 06:05 PM
I started with pictures in 2003, I think.
I remember from the earlier sites...like the Yahoo.

Most of you pix had nice frames :D

Some of your adventures and pix along with the infamous Sage pic of the 2 chicas convinced me to go to Sosua...along with a few hundred other guys, maybe more. :up:

I was really leaning heavily to Cuba...it's all YOUR fault! :eek:

JimmyGondulezNYC
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I will provide you a trip report for this trip coming up.. It is hard to remember details from my last trips like the detailed reports I have seen on here.. But can definitely provide fotos from my trips ....

continentalmike
09-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Viva Tangerine is a family oriented AI, there is no way to decently go about getting girls in...

If it's just for crashing after you're done, having breakfast and dinner then yo're fine... during the day explore the area, at nigth go out and do whatever...

Do your chica's in a cabana is a good alternative