PDA

View Full Version : $1 (One Dollar) Spirit Airlines Tickets to Santiago

FritoBandito
09-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I was just on the Spirit Airlines website tonight, checking prices, and was surprised to see $1 tickets available.

$1 tickets from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Santiago on November 3, 10, 16.

$1 tickets from Santiago to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on December 4, 7, and 8, as well. :surprised:

Talis
09-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Holy crap.. Combining this with Southwest I can fly from Idaho almost direct (no flying to through Seattle, LA, or San Fran), get there in one day, and the total fare is under 500.00... The only negative is that I arrive at 2:00 in the morning... Cuts my actual time in the airports from 21 hours to under 12!

Shit shit shit... thank you thank you thank you!

Mr Hillbilly
09-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Cartagena was 220 from Detriot round trip couple days ago.

They are charging fuel surcharge to DR but not to Colombia for whatever reason.

Talis
09-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Ga! I pulled the trigger.... Had no choice! Short trip from 11-03 to 11-08.. Two nights in Santiago (first and last) and three nights in Sosua. My first time dealing with Spirit Airlines.. Man they know how to nickel and dime.. Want better seats up front for just $15.00?? Hell yeah! $20 for a carry on? Both ways? Well crap! .. and I had to join the $9 dollar fare club for $39.99.. waived the 12.00 travel insurance.

So now that I have paid I should ask.. Can I get a taxi to a hotel in Santiago at 2:00am from the airport?? :)

michel3275
09-23-2010, 09:45 PM
i will be there on the 4th amigo
See you there

Ga! I pulled the trigger.... Had no choice! Short trip from 11-03 to 11-08.. Two nights in Santiago (first and last) and three nights in Sosua. My first time dealing with Spirit Airlines.. Man they know how to nickel and dime.. Want better seats up front for just $15.00?? Hell yeah! $20 for a carry on? Both ways? Well crap! .. and I had to join the $9 dollar fare club for $39.99.. waived the 12.00 travel insurance.

So now that I have paid I should ask.. Can I get a taxi to a hotel in Santiago at 2:00am from the airport?? :)

drdreamer
09-23-2010, 10:00 PM

And 2.5 weeks ago,you said you may never go back:rofl:. Addictive isn't it......:D

TNT72
09-23-2010, 10:18 PM

Get with Naptime about our driver. He will get you to Sosua just a bit before dawn. And then will either pick you up in Sosua at 11pm to get you to the airport Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what I would recommend. Take the last Metro to Santiago for about 15 US, then call him to go to a cabana, grab some good grub, and have Johan hook you up with some Santiago punani!!!
ALOT of light skinned chica's in Santiago!!!

Talis
09-23-2010, 10:56 PM
i will be there on the 4th amigo
See you there

Excellent. How long are you staying? I am probably going to stay at TL this time around just to try the place out. Every place is going to seem like 2nd class after the villa....

Talis
09-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Get with Naptime about our driver. He will get you to Sosua just a bit before dawn. And then will either pick you up in Sosua at 11pm to get you to the airport Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what I would recommend. Take the last Metro to Santiago for about 15 US, then call him to go to a cabana, grab some good grub, and have Johan hook you up with some Santiago punani!!!
ALOT of light skinned chica's in Santiago!!!

That was my plan for sunday.. the plane back is 5am Monday so take the latest bus back to Santiago on Sunday... Thank you much for the info, I will be pestering naptime shortly. :D

JD426
09-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Wow , you are addicted for sure now. So Halloween is out ? who else is going from the Canadian Crew ?.

chicmatic
09-23-2010, 11:07 PM
$2 airfare..even with the $159.80 tax isn't that bad. I've never flown to DR for that low. This just makes me wish I lived in FLL or could get Spirit here. I'd think about it if I could come back on a Sunday.

michel3275
09-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Excellent. How long are you staying? I am probably going to stay at TL this time around just to try the place out. Every place is going to seem like 2nd class after the villa....

7 days, probably at new garden, I'm waiting for wilfried to come back from is vacation to book. I might be interested in going with you in santiago on your last day, i wanted to go there on the last trip but as you know i got hooked by my special amiga pretty hard and most of my plans went trought the window.

Talis
09-24-2010, 03:31 AM
7 days, probably at new garden, I'm waiting for wilfried to come back from is vacation to book. I might be interested in going with you in Santiago on your last day, i wanted to go there on the last trip but as you know i got hooked by my special amiga pretty hard and most of my plans went through the window.

You are not the only one that suffered from that affliction.. There seemed to be a dirth of it on this trip. Notice the lack of trip reports from this outing as compared to the last one.. People letting their heads clear and all before posting :) I had an absolutely fabulous time and am probably more of a "wife-up" person than most here but the after effects are less enjoyable... Something has to balance that high from the trip.

Mr Hillbilly
09-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Not going to Yahi Bar in Santiago on Sunday night is a crime!

hwyrider37
09-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Some weird hours even on the return, but like Chicmatic said still a real deal if you're close to FLL. It kind of sucks for travel time here too, 8 hour layover in MIA was enough, although I have a sister close to Tampa. Hummmmmmmm :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. I'll have to look to see when you have to book by. Thanks for the info Frito.
Talis, I know what you mean about clearing your head before doing a tr. Sounds like you got a good plan though. Enjoy my friend. :corky: