PDA

View Full Version : 09/2010 - Would you do it again.

DMV
09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
To all the guys that have made the move to DR, Columbia, Brazil, Thailand etc; would you do it again if you could go back in time? Or would you move to a different part of the country or to different country all together.

Robert you can't answer, you are still on your Ho-neymoon.

Tiger
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Good question.

Or would you not move at all? Is your money holding out OK? Do you miss any family left behind? How often do you go back home?

DMV
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Good question.

Or would you not move at all? Is your money holding out OK? Do you miss any family left behind? How often do you go back home?

Thanks Tiger for adding those questions. Would like to hear from the guys that have been in country for at least a year.

steviewonder
09-28-2010, 08:59 PM
4 yrs in the DR north and yes would move here with no problem again. To travel within this country is amazing, especially when you get to learn a new culture, language, and the process in how things are done in a third world country. The main success for anyone living here as I see it is to have a purpose and a budget whether you rent or own. I learned very quickly that I couldn’t live here as tourist, and at the same time I couldn’t save or change every local I crossed paths with. The locals see me more often and I try to use that to my advantage as much as possible as it make living here much more rewarding. Especially when it comes to chicas and getting pussy from all areas in the DR, as well as local business owners that will help in getting goods that I need to buy. I’ve had no problem in having a budget with my expenses as I make sure I get a local price, whether it’s food, clothing, and especially for pussy. In fact, my monthly expenses have only increased by 10% from the 1st yr I moved here when you include the movement in the exchange rate vs. the US. . The most expensive cost here for me is gasoline compared to back home, but having a car is such an advantage with what you can experience here. Believe me when I tell you this is one big fucking country, and the chicas are less expensive and are more available in areas where only the locals go for pussy. Family and friends will always be an issue, but I make a trip a yr. back home for family, and have several friends visit here and that’s been fine. As far as being anywhere else here in the DR, I’d probably choose POP or Santiago. But I would only do this after getting my feet wet with the culture and the language as I’ve done in the Sosua area. As I didn’t know 90% when I arrived here of how things are done, as well as how locals would treat me, I’m certainly happy that I moved into an area that was dominated by gringos. While living here I’ve certainly been able to learn not to let the little things concern me in life as I did back home. But one thing hasn’t changed over the last 4 yrs for me is the concern I have in the drop off numbers of sex visitors that visit here and the impact it has. I’m not the local gringo who is shy about being in Sosua and POP 4-6nights a wk. and every colmado in between. When I see the lack of visitors at night and the domino affect it has on this economy, it does concern me. Especially when you consider that 99.5% of the sex trade in Sosua is done in an area that is less than the length of a football field and at the same time creates so many other jobs and opportunities for locals that I have come in contact with. But this concern of mine is for another tread, so I’ll say it for DMV again, and let the congregation say, Amen :wink:

moshy2k
09-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Hey Steve,

If you don't mind writing a bit more.

1. What was the hardest things to learn in your new environment? Biggest lessons learned...
2. How long did you live there before the local started treating you different than the typical tourist?
3. Would you ever live outside a gringo dominated area or would you recommend it?
4. Do most of the X-pats tend to slow down to a steady chica/girlfriend and just dabble on the side.

Thx.

MrHappy
09-29-2010, 07:15 AM
To all the guys that have made the move to DR, Columbia, Brazil, Thailand etc; would you do it again if you could go back in time? Or would you move to a different part of the country or to different country all together.

Ha ha.. what a question!!!

DMV
09-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Ha ha.. what a question!!!

Com'on Mr. Happy. You've seen many changes. I know you could write a book (I wish you would), but give us some cliff notes.

terrierist
09-29-2010, 02:16 PM

I just had my one year anniversary as a permanent resident of Puerto Plata. I have a limited income and have now spent all my savings in getting settled here, as planned. But it is much better to be rich man in a poor country than poor man in a rich country.

I bought a recent model small car and a nice house with pool and live with a sweet young Dominican woman. And I live on less money monthly than I used to pay in Canadian taxes and gas/electric bills. I still have my high definition satellite tv and high-speed internet, so don't feel like I've given up anything of importance, except 8 months of winter. I don't monger much (hardly at all) on my budget, but then I couldn't afford to do so in Canada either. And living with a young willing young woman makes up for that in spades :biggrin:. Far better than dating old fat gringas in Canada. The only downside is that I only see my son and grandson once a year.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat, without thinking. But if my Spanish had been better I'd have liked to visit Ecuador and Columbia first.

DMV
09-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I still have my high definition satellite tv and high-speed internet, so don't feel like I've given up anything of importance, except 8 months of winter.
Would I do it again? In a heartbeat, without thinking. But if my Spanish had been better I'd have liked to visit Ecuador and Columbia first.

Congrats on your 1st yr!!!! Do you use one company for your internet and TV reception?

terrierist
09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Congrats on your 1st yr!!!! Do you use one company for your internet and TV reception?

Thanks, DMV. The last year has been an adventure, but a good one.

To answer your question, high definition TV is not available here officially. So I subscribe to DishNetwork using a New York address. ClaroTV, SkyTV and digital cable are all available, though in standard definition. But I still like lots of English channels and High Definition, so I use a New York address to subscribe to DISH.

My internet uses DSN through Codetel. But there are cable and wireless internet vendors here too. It is getting competitive and service is improving. I have heard horror stories about Codetel historically, but my experience with them has been near perfect. This week Codetel upgraded me from 768 kb/s to 1.5 mb/s for no additional charge. It makes a big difference when downloading movies or streaming videos.

I use Orange for my cell phone. Claro generally has better service, but my house is in one of the rare locations where Claro's signal is blocked and Orange is better.

But if you want, you can get cell phone, land line, digital tv and internet all through Codetel (Claro), and get a bundled discount at that, just like in North America. It's a good deal if you are not a videophile. But for me, hdtv is an important part of my techno-geek lifestyle. It keeps me at home and living within my budget. Hockey (yes I'm Canadian) now seems barely watchable on regular definition tv...the puck is small and fast and the difference in HDTV is quite dramatic. These old eyes can use all the help they can get.

I'm not out drinking and mongering very often, and tend to stay at home with "mi esposa, el internet, y el televisor", but it's a wonderful place to live and I do enjoy the local festivities. For example, last weekend was a 3 day merengue festival in Puerto Plata at the site of the old fort. It was well organized, with good security, ambulances, etc. Admission was FREE. It was packed. It was fun. The music was fine. And the chica turnout was superb. You just need to remember that this is not Sosua, and that these are not "working" girls. Nevertheless, poverty speaks volumes and I did manage to meet a couple of young things and take their digits for future reference. I am fortunate that my Spanish is improving. It compensates for the decline in the "professional" chica scene here on the North Shore.

The Sage
09-29-2010, 11:32 PM
This may sound like an oxymoron, but anyone planning to live the expat life better have some personal discipline. Paradise can and will consume you if you don't. Yes, you can have too much fun.

hugrad95a
09-29-2010, 11:45 PM

To answer your question, high definition TV is not available here officially. So I subscribe to DishNetwork using a New York address. ClaroTV, SkyTV and digital cable are all available, though in standard definition. But I still like lots of English channels and High Definition, so I use a New York address to subscribe to DISH.

My internet uses DSN through Codetel. But there are cable and wireless internet vendors here too. It is getting competitive and service is improving. I have heard horror stories about Codetel historically, but my experience with them has been near perfect. This week Codetel upgraded me from 768 kb/s to 1.5 mb/s for no additional charge. It makes a big difference when downloading movies or streaming videos.

I use Orange for my cell phone. Claro generally has better service, but my house is in one of the rare locations where Claro's signal is blocked and Orange is better.

But if you want, you can get cell phone, land line, digital tv and internet all through Codetel (Claro), and get a bundled discount at that, just like in North America. It's a good deal if you are not a videophile. But for me, hdtv is an important part of my techno-geek lifestyle. It keeps me at home and living within my budget. Hockey (yes I'm Canadian) now seems barely watchable on regular definition tv...the puck is small and fast and the difference in HDTV is quite dramatic. These old eyes can use all the help they can get.

I'm not out drinking and mongering very often, and tend to stay at home with "mi esposa, el internet, y el televisor", but it's a wonderful place to live and I do enjoy the local festivities. For example, last weekend was a 3 day merengue festival in Puerto Plata at the site of the old fort. It was well organized, with good security, ambulances, etc. Admission was FREE. It was packed. It was fun. The music was fine. And the chica turnout was superb. You just need to remember that this is not Sosua, and that these are not "working" girls. Nevertheless, poverty speaks volumes and I did manage to meet a couple of young things and take their digits for future reference. I am fortunate that my Spanish is improving. It compensates for the decline in the "professional" chica scene here on the North Shore.

Does not sound like a bad lifestyle.

mikelodge
09-29-2010, 11:50 PM
This may sound like an oxymoron, but anyone planning to live the expat life better have some personal discipline. Paradise can and will consume you if you don't. Yes, you can have too much fun.

Why does that make me think of Apos :lol: Only kidding Darcy :wink:

hugrad95a
09-29-2010, 11:52 PM

If she is of age she's having sex... You don't always need a professional. Amateurs work well also.

The Sage
09-29-2010, 11:58 PM
While all domincan women are not hoes I truly believe that 85% are only a family or personal emergency away from trading some snatch for cash. Sex just ain't the big deal it is for many of our first world females. It's simply another resource to be utilized in case of a financial emergency.

Seville
09-30-2010, 12:04 AM
While all domincan women are not hoes I truly believe that 85% are only a family or personal emergency away from trading some snatch for cash. Sex just ain't the big deal it is for many of our first world females. It's simply another resource to be utilized in case of a financial emergency.

I couldn't disagree more. Sex is not that big a deal, compared to the States or Canada, but to the majority of Dominicans selling your ass is not acceptable under any circumstances.

The Sage
09-30-2010, 12:17 AM

I want to clarify this. i'm not talking about indiscriminately selling sex on the street or in the club. What I'm talking about is a chick going to a friend who she knows, knows guys who like meeting "new girls" or a neighbor choosing to make her presence and availability known to you. Once you get over the initial hurdle your name gets put on their go to list when they need something. In my view this is the only way to operate if you were living on the island outside of monger central. Who needs putas when you got an unlimited number of regular girls in you potential pool of lovers.

Seville
09-30-2010, 12:48 AM
I want to clarify this. i'm not talking about indiscriminately selling sex on the street or in the club. What I'm talking about is a chick going to a friend who she knows, knows guys who like meeting "new girls" or a neighbor choosing to make her presence and availability known to you. Once you get over the initial hurdle your name gets put on their go to list when they need something. In my view this is the only way to operate if you were living on the island outside of monger central. Who needs putas when you got an unlimited number of regular girls in you potential pool of lovers.

I understand what you are saying, but I still disagree. This is a very Catholic country for starters. Family is extremely important here, much more so than the states, and as such a families opinion matters much more also to a girl. I don't think you can overestimate that. I would ask how much time have you spent with Dominican families? With their extended families? Completely outside of tourist areas, where you don't see any other gringos? Certainly not trying to imply I know everything or more than you do. Just what my personal experiences and observations have been since coming here and now living here. As always, I could be wrong.:)

weyland
09-30-2010, 12:56 AM
I have been here just over a year. Unlike Terrierist I haven't bought a property, and have no plans to do so. So I could always move to another country if things turned sour here. I have had a few problems and disappointments but nothing that has come close to making me regret moving here.

I have a few things going for me:

Firstly, being 70, I don't have to plan too far ahead (which makes the decision not to buy a property a no-brainer, for example, whereas a younger man might need to weigh that up more carefully).

Secondly, I am not an alcoholic and am ever less-likely to become one. I have seen that alcoholism is the main pitfall for ex-pats here.

Thirdly, at my age my sex drive is much reduced. This not only saves me money but makes it far less likely that I will make dumb decisions using the wrong head (another pitfall, second only to alcoholism). I don't actually believe in love between men and women and that helps too. (There is sex and there is friendship, and on rare occasions both together - parental love is a different issue).

Fourthly, I lived a simple life in England so there are no material things I miss too much here. (Would be nice to have a local soccer team to support but I might have to move to Haïti for that.)

Fifthly, although I have a daughter in England she is well able to support herself and cope with life's problems so I can focus all my attention on this disfunctional island.

Lastly, I have always been happy with my own company and am self-motivated. I meet a lot of ex-pats who aren't and they panic if they are alone for a day or two. This results in them going out in search of external stimulation and spending a lot more money than they can afford, and perhaps getting into further trouble with women or the police.

I could do with more of the discipline which Sage has wisely referred to. Before emigrating I was making good progress with Spanish and bragged that by the end of my first year here I would be speaking fairly fluently, if not necessarily correctly. In fact my Spanish is probably worse now than when I lived in England. From tomorrow I am going to discipline myself to study for an hour a day. I have all the materials I need and ten million Spanish speakers outside my door to practice on, so no more excuses.

I think anyone moving here needs at least one hobby or interest other than fucking and drinking. As most know, in my case I try to help out the local Haitian community but it is very hard to help people here. "No good deed goes unpunished" must have been written with this island in mind. But I am toughening up and getting more crafty at it.

My life is on hold at the moment as I waiting on two decisions which are out of my hands. Those issues should be resolved within a couple of weeks and then I can start on Year Two of my life here. It will be very different from Year One which, in many ways, was like a prolonged version of previous mongering holidays.

weyland
09-30-2010, 01:10 AM
I understand what you are saying, but I still disagree. This is a very Catholic country for starters. Family is extremely important here, much more so than the states, and as such a families opinion matters much more also to a girl. I don't think you can overestimate that. I would ask how much time have you spent with Dominican families? With their extended families? Completely outside of tourist areas, where you don't see any other gringos? Certainly not trying to imply I know everything or more than you do. Just what my personal experiences and observations have been since coming here and now living here. As always, I could be wrong.:)
I have to agree with Sage. It is not just a question of sex with gringos. This is the situation between Dominicans. Female jobs are routinely advertised with the requirement that the applicants are "of good appearance". This may simply mean "not dark-skinned" but it may also signal that the applicant is expected to put out.

Secondly, I don't agree that this is a "very Catholic country". The ruling class is certainly truly Catholic but they are a small minority. Outside that Catholicism is only paid lip-service.

Most Dominicans we meet would consider themselves "Christians" but which they mean not Catholic but one or other half-assed Evangelical or Baptist sect, possibly with a good admixture of santería. Not that this affects the question of putting out as they are just or more likely to be puritanical than strict Catholics.

The Sage
09-30-2010, 01:13 AM
As you rightly deduced most of my time has been spent on the North Coast, but I talk to Dominicans that have lived and visited all over the island and in my years of visiting the country I think I have developed a feel for the culture. Actually I don't know what you're disagreeing with. My position is if the pressure is on and the "right" guy is around most dominican women would not be adverse to trading a little snatch for a financial favor or two. Of course this assumes that it could be done on the down low. Without a doubt the activating event for a chick would depend on her status and relationship with her family and community. Pressure to one woman is simply a momentary inconvenience to another. The point I'm trying to make is that the general attitude towards sex on the island opens the possibilities for a woman to trade on her charms as a survival resource. I suggest you take a very hard look at dominican culture. I believe what will be revealed is while the DR is a catholic country it is probably closer in application to the pragmatic approach embraced by the bishops and cardinals who tacitly supported the rape and molestation of young boys than it is to the idealism the church tries to market to its members.

The Sage
09-30-2010, 01:34 AM
One more observation. I love Dominican women. No ifs or buts about it. i love those hoes. However, there's one big problem with them. Their place and treatment in their culture more times than not creates a creature who is deceitful and manipulating to an extreme. They will abandon you when you least expect it after telling you everything you wanted to hear, for months! My approach, always keep your guard up and expect the worst. Being involved with a Dominicana is like loaning out money. You should never loan someone more money than you are willing to lose.

Apos
09-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Muerda mí, pendejo :rolleyes:
Why does that make me think of Apos :lol: Only kidding Darcy :wink:
Someday you'll have to explain to me what you mean by this.

Mr. Smooth
09-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Damn, this thread is getting pretty deep. I wholeheartedly agree with weyland's opinion about expats and having a hobby besides drinking and fucking. And the part about enjoying your own company...very important!

I feel that the guy who has the take it or leave it attitude regarding the boozers and women has the best chance of being able to not only survive but make a decent life for himself. Moderation in vice can have it's own benefits. Robert, with his situation of having his weekend visitors and not going over the top with the alcohol, seems to be bearing this fact out.

If you are a person who needs constant outside stimulus in whatever form it may take to get through the day, or night, maybe you should think twice about doing the expat lifestyle fulltime and keep it in small doses throughout the year. After all, that ain't a bad way to live your life either!

mikelodge
09-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Muerda mí, pendejo :rolleyes:
Someday you'll have to explain to me what you mean by this.

Just that you were out of control having fun down there, :p

DMV
09-30-2010, 10:08 AM
My life is on hold at the moment as I waiting on two decisions which are out of my hands. Those issues should be resolved within a couple of weeks and then I can start on Year Two of my life here. It will be very different from Year One which, in many ways, was like a prolonged version of previous mongering holidays.

Do you see yourself staying in Puerto Plata?

Jimmydr
09-30-2010, 10:12 AM
One more observation. I love Dominican women. No ifs or buts about it. i love those hoes. However, there's one big problem with them. Their place and treatment in their culture more times than not creates a creature who is deceitful and manipulating to an extreme.

You think that its on Dominicans? Americans and Colombians and all other women are the same.

steviewonder
09-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey Steve, If you don't mind writing a bit more.
1. What was the hardest things to learn in your new environment? Biggest lessons learned...2. How long did you live there before the local started treating you different than the typical tourist?3. Would you ever live outside a gringo dominated area or would you recommend it?
4. Do most of the X-pats tend to slow down to a steady chica/girlfriend and just dabble on the side. Thx.
You asked 4 it!:wink:

#1. Environment concerns: Security in where I was going to live and my surrounding area was the hardest thing for me as I was not sure what the dangers were here w/ the locals. Also I needed to get to know other gringos around me as I was told they would help with the ins and outs of your area. I was always on my guard at home and when traveling out and into areas that may not have a lot of gringos present. Over time I was able to get out around the country which made my days more interesting and at the same time very rewarding. As stated b4, unless you think you can go to the beach every day and live a co**** life while hitting Sosua at night, you will need a purpose for being here. Even with a job, you need to get involved in something besides hunting chicas down. Volunteering your time, gym, and planning a personal trip somewhere helped me. Like 2or3 times a week outside of Sosua while taking public transport is what I did in the first 3 months b4 getting a car. Just going to POP and walking the streets, or learn the bus system and head to Santiago and back in a full day will help in developing confidence in where you are and the people you meet. I didn't know Spanish and It was very easy to see that I would need to learn quickly especially if I wanted to deal with the locals. If you need to learn then you will find just getting by on the basics (CD’s) will get you a long way. Then the more you hook up with locals in some way then the easier you will develop your skills vs. in a class room w/ a group of gringos, trust me on that one. I hooked up w/ a chica that I enjoyed and paid her $ a month to work 2 or 3 times a week in helping w/ my Spanish, and it also improved the sex.LOL! I’ve maintained that you must develop the ability to live under the radar in most every situation while living here as gringo. Avoiding conflicts with Dominicans is a must, and at the same time learn to swallow your ego and harness your anger. Never think a Dominican will side with you as a gringo when there’s another Dominican involved in a dispute. If you want and can only live by flashing, then it’s your thing and your time, it’s not mine. What I learned living here is that this is a third world country where 90% of the entire working force earns less then US$200 a month. Then when you take a local gringo who is spending on avg. 7 times that amount in living here, why would I want to flash and bring attention to myself? I learned Dominicans are survivors and image is everything to them. They will spend the last peso they have on a salon or pair of jeans b4 they think about where they are going eat next. But to see the real environment I had to venture out in this country. There I found people who may have just the basics in life, however they would give you the last scoop of rice if they knew you needed it. One of many lessons I learned about the environment was one that no matter how long I or you would live here this is not our country. Also, I learned because you cannot change the way things are done here, learn not to sweat the small stuff. Also another lesson I learned quickly was most Dominicans aren’t concern in getting anything changed here either. As far as looking at things in a logical way, well I was best leaving that at the airport especially when you experience how some things are done here and the speed in which they are done.

#2 Local treatment: There’s not a one rule for this on how Dominicans will treat you and the timing of this change. However, what I have learned is this really depends on you and what type of personality you bring to their table. Also a lot will simply evolve over time as to where and when you encounter locals, and probably more importantly how you present yourself to them. From day 1 I never dressed like a tourist w/ a camera around his neck everywhere, or wore shorts and sandals at night outside of tourist areas as I knew the locals would look at me as a tourist. I was told at the beginning; If you treat the locals like lower class citizens similar to how they’re treated by the so called rich Dominicans here, then I would suggest you get to the airport as fast as you can and leave. It did help me, and at the same time amazed me how showing a little respect along with a smile went a long way with the locals. And I already knew that if I did was hang out on PC all day/night and then head into classicos, well then I wouldl only really have one type of connection w/ a local that I was living here. Also my sole judgment would be based on what the rate was, which I know would be harder to convince them to lower if they only saw me in Classicos all the time. So I would say, depending on how long you plan to live here will determine whether you’re able to encounter more Dominicans especially outside of Sosua, and how they treat you as well. I had and still do have a 6-8 yr plan to be here. So Sosua was used as a base for me, and not to be used as my only area to educate myself or hunting chicas down. Not to say it’s the right plan for most people, but it worked for me in that it offered me a lot of opportunities to meet Dominicans in places that Sosua would never be able to provide. However in Sosua I would only hang out in local gringo bars, make some friends in these places and move out to the country in order to meet some Dominicans, especially chicas that were not interested in Sosua. I would say within 2 months I started to experience the different reaction from locals and more importantly the confidence that I developed in being amongst the locals in places I knew I had to go to see the real DR. What I mean by this is when you’re in local bars, carwash, colmado, or restaurant outside of Sosua, Dominicans will generally look you over like they did me, but in most cases will not make you feel uncomfortable. You may find yourself thinking as I did as to what these Dominican where saying about me, or thinking like, why is he here? Then and only then you will learn how things are done here as well as basically improving your local senses. You’ll then start to notice that Dominicans don’t drink to get drunk, and in fact can take a ½ hr to finish off a grande. Chicas are not interested in you if you’re seen as a drunk unless you’re in Sosua where they have mastered “the money and run trick”. Be aware if you see a chica you like if other Dominicans are heavily checking her out as well in these local places. I made this mistake one too many times as you may want to rethink about stealing a local girl away from him. However, if you have established in the place you live here, or if the chica is very receptive then go 4 it. Never flash your tip to a local bar girl or waitress like you’ve got money to throwaway. I learned to place it in her palm w/ a smile either when I’m ready to leave, or if I buy a beer and get 5 pesos back. I’ve seen tourist buy a beer at 70 pesos, get 30 pesos back and give it to the girl. WTF, 40% tip and the girl doesn’t even smile and the guy doesn’t even get her number. Trust me while living here, throwing your money away in tips will never earn you any respect, it will only put you into the loco gringo class and not local gringo. These are just some of the Dominican customs that I mention because they were easy for me to see how the local do things, and at the same time made some of the differences in how you’re treated by locals. As far as Sosua, getting Dominicans to treat you differently will be based on who and how often you encounter them. If you go into say Playaro 2 to 4 times a week for one month, chances are very good most of the staff will know you’re living here. The same goes for banks, bars, beach vendors, where ever. Despite what people think about Dominican’s and their lack of education, they do have an amazing memory with names and faces, and I mean amazing. Just watch them play Dominoes and they can tell you every combination that’s been played.

#3 Gringo area: This really depends on you language skills and how confident you are in your environment. Yes it’s easier in the tourist areas to get started as I did not knowing any Spanish. But at some point I knew it would depend on what I wanted to get out of living here. The main advantage in the tourist areas is the services that are available and the ability of getting help if you need, i.e. medico, transportation system, friends w/ gringos, & others. The drawback is that you’re sometimes grouped w/ tourist gringos as the locals in this area can change almost daily. Even after 4 yrs. living here I still get approached by locals who think I’m a tourist. But also the upside is you can make some very good local contacts overtime that will support you as resident and provide you some very valuable information while living here.

#4 Chicas/Novias: The amount you dive into and the pace you go at it, really depends how important to you is quantity vs. quality and everything in between. What I have experienced is that the longer I’ve lived here the more I have changed as to how I look at these chicas, and the bullshit that comes w/ it. But the variety that one can obtain here will always outweigh the disadvantages. I guess you could ask yourself while living here; do I want to eat at the local favorite all you can eat buffet line and gain 30 pounds in the first 6 months? Or would I prefer to order from my favorite menu, and maybe have several desserts on the side? What is consistent here with some local gringos is yes they fuck other women while having a local novia. As you know being a tourist and will learn more by living here is it’s in your face and the availability is at every street corner. Then you add the payment factor most local gringos which are paying peanuts vs. what a tourist pays or nothing at all. I never wanted a novia when I first arrived as I was told it would tie me down with all the side issues that would come with being a local newbie. Well what happened to me was the opposite in what I planned for my first yr. However, I ‘m glad I didn’t listen to that advise as this stunner actually was one of the best things besides her pussy that happened to me. She ended up helping me get around this country and also spoke English and taught me a lot about the DR and the people in it. Now I was lucky to get a girl that had a very good job and saw Sosua as a cesspit which allowed me some freedom. However, I was not prepared what happened to me and what is very common here in what I call the jealous encounter from the third kind. Some guys I know have avoided this and after being here for awhile do have novias that have worked in Sosua. For the most part I think it’s easier to take the girl out of Sosua then it’s to take Sosua out of the girl. The other problem is when you dump a chica that works in Sosua, you will have a hell of a time avoiding her when going back into the city, as well as not knowing what she’s told her amigas about you. Then I know many more guys who enjoy the novia experiences only w/ girls from other parts i.e. STG/POP/SD and Badoo.com These relationships seem to work a little better, but can’t be compared to want normal is in other countries. The culture, education, and economical differences here will always be a facture in the vast majority of these girls, no matter how fucking good their pussy is. You will also experience as I have way too often when w/ a novia the “amigo factor”. This is the novia that tells you he’s only an amigo and we never had B4 or are having sex. These girls are no different than us guys, they’re masters at bending the truth, and more important to us they love to fuck. Now, there are many girls which you can meet that say work in a bank, office, or etc. and may be a bit different in how a relationship would develop. They’re in most cases living with their parents and may not be so eager to put out until they’re sure that you are only interested in a real relationship, and not an adventure. You’ll get asked like I have; how long you have lived here and how long will you be staying? They’ll also ask you about your family, back home and how you make your money. But don’t be fooled, these girls know the gringo sex scene and they will be a bit more suave in how and what they want from you, especially after they finally have given you their toto. I found that their families and amigas pressured them in getting pesos or things from me because I was seen as a rich gringo and that I should be paying in some way for the sex I was getting. But there are also ways to justify helping them and really at the end of that day you’re not really paying out a lot compared to back home, unless you get them pregnant.

Warning: These girls are the hardest ones to get rid of if you decide you want out.Especially when you consider how they or their amigas have been fucked up mentality by Dominican males over the sexual freedom that has existed here for many yrs. As for us gringos, we haven’t been here long enough to qualify in this class.

4 yr. residential report for the DR and for DMV……AMEN!

DMV
09-30-2010, 10:51 AM

You went from Genesis to Revelation. Preach Bro Preach!!!!!

Teachers keep on teachin'
Preachers keep on preachin'

Gonna keep on tryin'
Till I reach my highest ground

Thank you for your post, a good insight on actually living there.

JD426
09-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Awesome Post Steviewonder.
Should be required reading.

Seville
09-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks Steviewonder. Very informative. As a newbie here I appreciate your insights.

Apos
09-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Just that you were out of control having fun down there, :pIt's all a balance.

That's really the "secret" to most things...and moderation.

(More $$$ is always a good plan too) :rolleyes::rofl:

weyland
09-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Awesome Post Steviewonder.
Should be required reading.
I will read it if he edits it into the standard font. I cannot understand why anyone would go to the trouble of writing such long and carefully-worded posts then deliberately fuck them up with stupid colors or fontfaces.

JD426
09-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I will read it if he edits it into the standard font. I cannot understand why anyone would go to the trouble of writing such long and carefully-worded posts then deliberately fuck them up with stupid colors or fontfaces.
I will be honest with you, I cut and paste it into a Word Document and then PRINT IT OUT , otherwise it would destroy my already poor eye sight. Many post are not worthy of printing out, but this one IS.

riclagriclag
09-30-2010, 03:07 PM
I’m curious to know after living in the Dr have some of you conquered the don’t drink the water issue. I can’t even bring myself to eat salads and have ice at local none tourists restaurants and brush my teeth without wondering if I’m going to get sick
Ric

Excuse my spellin!!

Seville
09-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Just a thought ! I’m curious to know after living in the Dr have some of you conquered the don’t drink the water issue. I can’t even bring myself to eat salads and have ice at local none tourists restaurants and brush my teeth without wondering if I’m going to get sick.
Ric

Excuse my spellin!!

Now how the fuck are us old guys supposed to read that shit? Could you maybe make it a little smaller......
please:)

Seville
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Just a thought ! I’m curious to know after living in the Dr have some of you conquered the don’t drink the water issue. I can’t even bring myself to eat salads and have ice at local none tourists restaurants and brush my teeth without wondering if I’m going to get sick.
Ric

Excuse my spellin!!

See how easy that was. Now we can read it. To answer your question: if you are a germaphobe then the DR is not the place for you. Do you eat pussy? If so then you don't mind putting your mouth where she pees and bleeds but you have a problem with ice in the DR? Thats a good one. And of course the tourist places are so much more sanitary:wink:

You know you are a gringo when...............:)

DMV
09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
See how easy that was. Now we can read it. To answer your question: if you are a germaphobe then the DR is not the place for you. Do you eat pussy? If so then you don't mind putting your mouth where she pees and bleeds but you have a problem with ice in the DR? Thats a good one. And of course the tourist places are so much more sanitary:wink:

You know you are a gringo when...............:)

There you go Robert one more joke that you ddin't have to write, It came to you. LOL

Robert13212 will be performing all week, so please tip your waitress, not your Hos, unless they are the same person.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

riclagriclag
09-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh! I like to add to the thread that I’ve been to Terrierist house . I will say that he has a little bit of paradise in POP. He started from scratch and through hard work and determination he’s built an everyman’s dream. He is in my opinion the poster child of someone who has succeeded. I take my hat off to you. If ever I need advice on the move I know who to ask.
Ric

Excuse my spellin

Seville
09-30-2010, 03:30 PM
There you go Robert one more joke that you ddin't have to write, It came to you. LOL

Robert13212 will be performing all week, so please tip your waitress, not your Hos, unless they are the same person.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sometimes I just can't help myself. Must be some kind of nuerological disorder. Or maybe I am just fucked up (thats much more likely).:wink:

weyland
09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Do you see yourself staying in Puerto Plata?
For the time being, yes.

In future years, if I live that long, my real income may slowly shrink with inflation (not a problem for the near future) and I will need to reduce expenditure. One way of doing so would be to move away from the tourist areas where prices are higher. Hopefully by that time my Spanish, my local contact list, and my knowledge of how to get things done here will all have improved sufficiently to facilitate such a move.

Seville
09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
For the time being, yes.

In future years, if I live that long, my real income may slowly shrink with inflation (not a problem for the near future) and I will need to reduce expenditure. One way of doing so would be to move away from the tourist areas where prices are higher. Hopefully by that time my Spanish, my local contact list, and my knowledge of how to get things done here will all have improved sufficiently to facilitate such a move.

With each passing day your need for toto will slowly diminish. As inflation grows for the rest of the world, Deflation of that thing between your legs will more than off-set it.:wink: Always look on the bright side of life.

MrHappy
09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I’m curious to know after living in the Dr have some of you conquered the don’t drink the water issue. I can’t even bring myself to eat salads and have ice at local none tourists restaurants and brush my teeth without wondering if I’m going to get sick
Ric

Excuse my spellin!!

The water issue has been discussed here many times.

Ice first. No bagged ice is made here without using purified water. We're talking about as pure as you can get. A visit to any ice factory will place your mind at ease.

Water. Virtually nobody drinks water from pipes, due to contamination. The only folks you see drinking non bottled water are country folks.

Everyone else drinks bottled water, available in all sizes of bottles, but the main sizes being 16 oz bottles or 5 gal jugs.

Poorer people will buy water from small water trucks that drive through the neighborhoods numerous times a day, and is cheaper than bottled water in colmados.

steviewonder
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM

#1. Environment concerns: Security in where I was going to live and my surrounding area was the hardest thing for me as I was not sure what the dangers were here w/ the locals. Also I needed to get to know other gringos around me as I was told they would help with the ins and outs of your area. I was always on my guard at home and when traveling out and into areas that may not have a lot of gringos present. Over time I was able to get out around the country which made my days more interesting and at the same time very rewarding. As stated b4, unless you think you can go to the beach every day and live a co**** life while hitting Sosua at night, you will need a purpose for being here. Even with a job, you need to get involved in something besides hunting chicas down. Volunteering your time, gym, and planning a personal trip somewhere helped me. Like 2or3 times a week outside of Sosua while taking public transport is what I did in the first 3 months b4 getting a car. Just going to POP and walking the streets, or learn the bus system and head to Santiago and back in a full day will help in developing confidence in where you are and the people you meet. I didn't know Spanish and It was very easy to see that I would need to learn quickly especially if I wanted to deal with the locals. If you need to learn then you will find just getting by on the basics (CD’s) will get you a long way. Then the more you hook up with locals in some way then the easier you will develop your skills vs. in a class room w/ a group of gringos, trust me on that one. I hooked up w/ a chica that I enjoyed and paid her $ a month to work 2 or 3 times a week in helping w/ my Spanish, and it also improved the sex.LOL! I’ve maintained that you must develop the ability to live under the radar in most every situation while living here as gringo. Avoiding conflicts with Dominicans is a must, and at the same time learn to swallow your ego and harness your anger. Never think a Dominican will side with you as a gringo when there’s another Dominican involved in a dispute. If you want and can only live by flashing, then it’s your thing and your time, it’s not mine. What I learned living here is that this is a third world country where 90% of the entire working force earns less then US$200 a month. Then when you take a local gringo who is spending on avg. 7 times that amount in living here, why would I want to flash and bring attention to myself? I learned Dominicans are survivors and image is everything to them. They will spend the last peso they have on a salon or pair of jeans b4 they think about where they are going eat next. But to see the real environment I had to venture out in this country. There I found people who may have just the basics in life, however they would give you the last scoop of rice if they knew you needed it. One of many lessons I learned about the environment was one that no matter how long I or you would live here this is not our country. Also, I learned because you cannot change the way things are done here, learn not to sweat the small stuff. Also another lesson I learned quickly was most Dominicans aren’t concern in getting anything changed here either. As far as looking at things in a logical way, well I was best leaving that at the airport especially when you experience how some things are done here and the speed in which they are done.

#2 Local treatment: There’s not a one rule for this on how Dominicans will treat you and the timing of this change. However, what I have learned is this really depends on you and what type of personality you bring to their table. Also a lot will simply evolve over time as to where and when you encounter locals, and probably more importantly how you present yourself to them. From day 1 I never dressed like a tourist w/ a camera around his neck everywhere, or wore shorts and sandals at night outside of tourist areas as I knew the locals would look at me as a tourist. I was told at the beginning; If you treat the locals like lower class citizens similar to how they’re treated by the so called rich Dominicans here, then I would suggest you get to the airport as fast as you can and leave. It did help me, and at the same time amazed me how showing a little respect along with a smile went a long way with the locals. And I already knew that if I did was hang out on PC all day/night and then head into classicos, well then I wouldl only really have one type of connection w/ a local that I was living here. Also my sole judgment would be based on what the rate was, which I know would be harder to convince them to lower if they only saw me in Classicos all the time. So I would say, depending on how long you plan to live here will determine whether you’re able to encounter more Dominicans especially outside of Sosua, and how they treat you as well. I had and still do have a 6-8 yr plan to be here. So Sosua was used as a base for me, and not to be used as my only area to educate myself or hunting chicas down. Not to say it’s the right plan for most people, but it worked for me in that it offered me a lot of opportunities to meet Dominicans in places that Sosua would never be able to provide. However in Sosua I would only hang out in local gringo bars, make some friends in these places and move out to the country in order to meet some Dominicans, especially chicas that were not interested in Sosua. I would say within 2 months I started to experience the different reaction from locals and more importantly the confidence that I developed in being amongst the locals in places I knew I had to go to see the real DR. What I mean by this is when you’re in local bars, carwash, colmado, or restaurant outside of Sosua, Dominicans will generally look you over like they did me, but in most cases will not make you feel uncomfortable. You may find yourself thinking as I did as to what these Dominican where saying about me, or thinking like, why is he here? Then and only then you will learn how things are done here as well as basically improving your local senses. You’ll then start to notice that Dominicans don’t drink to get drunk, and in fact can take a ½ hr to finish off a grande. Chicas are not interested in you if you’re seen as a drunk unless you’re in Sosua where they have mastered “the money and run trick”. Be aware if you see a chica you like if other Dominicans are heavily checking her out as well in these local places. I made this mistake one too many times as you may want to rethink about stealing a local girl away from him. However, if you have established in the place you live here, or if the chica is very receptive then go 4 it. Never flash your tip to a local bar girl or waitress like you’ve got money to throwaway. I learned to place it in her palm w/ a smile either when I’m ready to leave, or if I buy a beer and get 5 pesos back. I’ve seen tourist buy a beer at 70 pesos, get 30 pesos back and give it to the girl. WTF, 40% tip and the girl doesn’t even smile and the guy doesn’t even get her number. Trust me while living here, throwing your money away in tips will never earn you any respect, it will only put you into the loco gringo class and not local gringo. These are just some of the Dominican customs that I mention because they were easy for me to see how the local do things, and at the same time made some of the differences in how you’re treated by locals. As far as Sosua, getting Dominicans to treat you differently will be based on who and how often you encounter them. If you go into say Playaro 2 to 4 times a week for one month, chances are very good most of the staff will know you’re living here. The same goes for banks, bars, beach vendors, where ever. Despite what people think about Dominican’s and their lack of education, they do have an amazing memory with names and faces, and I mean amazing. Just watch them play Dominoes and they can tell you every combination that’s been played.

#3 Gringo area: This really depends on you language skills and how confident you are in your environment. Yes it’s easier in the tourist areas to get started as I did not knowing any Spanish. But at some point I knew it would depend on what I wanted to get out of living here. The main advantage in the tourist areas is the services that are available and the ability of getting help if you need, i.e. medico, transportation system, friends w/ gringos, & others. The drawback is that you’re sometimes grouped w/ tourist gringos as the locals in this area can change almost daily. Even after 4 yrs. living here I still get approached by locals who think I’m a tourist. But also the upside is you can make some very good local contacts overtime that will support you as resident and provide you some very valuable information while living here.

#4 Chicas/Novias: The amount you dive into and the pace you go at it, really depends how important to you is quantity vs. quality and everything in between. What I have experienced is that the longer I’ve lived here the more I have changed as to how I look at these chicas, and the bullshit that comes w/ it. But the variety that one can obtain here will always outweigh the disadvantages. I guess you could ask yourself while living here; do I want to eat at the local favorite all you can eat buffet line and gain 30 pounds in the first 6 months? Or would I prefer to order from my favorite menu, and maybe have several desserts on the side? What is consistent here with some local gringos is yes they fuck other women while having a local novia. As you know being a tourist and will learn more by living here is it’s in your face and the availability is at every street corner. Then you add the payment factor most local gringos which are paying peanuts vs. what a tourist pays or nothing at all. I never wanted a novia when I first arrived as I was told it would tie me down with all the side issues that would come with being a local newbie. Well what happened to me was the opposite in what I planned for my first yr. However, I ‘m glad I didn’t listen to that advise as this stunner actually was one of the best things besides her pussy that happened to me. She ended up helping me get around this country and also spoke English and taught me a lot about the DR and the people in it. Now I was lucky to get a girl that had a very good job and saw Sosua as a cesspit which allowed me some freedom. However, I was not prepared what happened to me and what is very common here in what I call the jealous encounter from the third kind. Some guys I know have avoided this and after being here for awhile do have novias that have worked in Sosua. For the most part I think it’s easier to take the girl out of Sosua then it’s to take Sosua out of the girl. The other problem is when you dump a chica that works in Sosua, you will have a hell of a time avoiding her when going back into the city, as well as not knowing what she’s told her amigas about you. Then I know many more guys who enjoy the novia experiences only w/ girls from other parts i.e. STG/POP/SD and Badoo.com These relationships seem to work a little better, but can’t be compared to want normal is in other countries. The culture, education, and economical differences here will always be a facture in the vast majority of these girls, no matter how fucking good their pussy is. You will also experience as I have way too often when w/ a novia the “amigo factor”. This is the novia that tells you he’s only an amigo and we never had B4 or are having sex. These girls are no different than us guys, they’re masters at bending the truth, and more important to us they love to fuck. Now, there are many girls which you can meet that say work in a bank, office, or etc. and may be a bit different in how a relationship would develop. They’re in most cases living with their parents and may not be so eager to put out until they’re sure that you are only interested in a real relationship, and not an adventure. You’ll get asked like I have; how long you have lived here and how long will you be staying? They’ll also ask you about your family, back home and how you make your money. But don’t be fooled, these girls know the gringo sex scene and they will be a bit more suave in how and what they want from you, especially after they finally have given you their toto. I found that their families and amigas pressured them in getting pesos or things from me because I was seen as a rich gringo and that I should be paying in some way for the sex I was getting. But there are also ways to justify helping them and really at the end of that day you’re not really paying out a lot compared to back home, unless you get them pregnant.

Warning: These girls are the hardest ones to get rid of if you decide you want out.Especially when you consider how they or their amigas have been fucked up mentality by Dominican males over the sexual freedom that has existed here for many yrs. As for us gringos, we haven’t been here long enough to qualify in this class.

terrierist
09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Oh! I like to add to the thread that I’ve been to Terrierist house . I will say that he has a little bit of paradise in POP. He started from scratch and through hard work and determination he’s built an everyman’s dream. He is in my opinion the poster child of someone who has succeeded. I take my hat off to you. If ever I need advice on the move I know who to ask.
Ric

Excuse my spellin

One man's paradise is another man's prison. Careful what you hope for. I'm very happy with my decision and my lifestyle, but as Weyland noted, it's not the right decision for many. And for those who care to ask, my advice is free...and worth exactly what you pay for it.

DMV
09-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey, any guys living in the south or east?
Represent, Las Terrenas, Rio San Juan, Santiago, San Cristobal, San Pedro, San Francisco and yes even Bavaro. You guys are 4 hours from anyone else, but I don't hear many stories about power problems

moshy2k
10-01-2010, 12:14 AM

Stevie,

This was a great read with plenty of insight....... Thanks.....

Care to elaborate on the the issues with breaking up with the girls. I am sure you have a few great stories we would all enjoy.

The Sage
10-01-2010, 12:27 AM
You will also experience as I have way too often when w/ a novia the “amigo factor”. This is the novia that tells you he’s only an amigo and we never had B4 or are having sex. These girls are no different than us guys, they’re masters at bending the truth, and more important to us they love to fuck

I gave up trying to figure this shit out. Is this person who was introduced as a platonic friend, primo, esposo de la prima, or tio really who the hell she says he is. I'd find myself after the introduction looking for clues to the contrary. Now I don't give a damn. If she's generally behaving herself who cares who she is fucking. Who am I to say something about it I'm still targeting anything that meets my fancy. And if I ever really busted her ass due to her literally throwing something in my face then it's time to find the next willing victim.

steviewonder
10-01-2010, 01:12 AM
I gave up trying to figure this shit out. Is this person who was introduced as a platonic friend, primo, esposo de la prima, or tio really who the hell she says he is. I'd find myself after the introduction looking for clues to the contrary. Now I don't give a damn. If she's generally behaving herself who cares who she is fucking. Who am I to say something about it I'm still targeting anything that meets my fancy. And if I ever really busted her ass due to her literally throwing something in my face then it's time to find the next willing victim.

Whatever tickles your fancy, Sage? But my experience and knowing some others is based on those guys who you see here having what they think is a real relationship with a novia, not a street girl. There will always be some living here that would like to think as they do back home that he’s the only one she doing while in a GF, BF relationship, especially if they’re living together. What we can’t answer as we have only been here in the DR for a very short time is what type of real contact that novia may have had with her so call amigo. This will always be an issue for some, especially when most chicas here will have more than one amigo that they enjoy having sex with, and at the same time are not committed to each other. Then, you tell me if you would ever trust not using protection the next time you’re down or in her?:confused:

The Sage
10-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Steve, I'm not talking about a street girl. I'm talking about a "trying to pass herself off as regular girl". They have too many fucking relatives and it at one point that made me uncomfortable. Lately I've been hearing too much of that "novia" shit on this site. These women aren't fiances to most of the guys who refer to them as such. They are simply the flavor or color of the month or some other time frame with an expiration date. Notice I'm not placing total blame on the girls. To be honest, though the odds are bad I'm convinced the supply of sincere chicas far exceeds the supply of sincere expats or mongers. For he most part the girls are just playthings. Fulfillment of some desire that went unmet when we were younger, some attempt to make peace with some stinky shit we did to some chick years ago, an attempt to assuage our exploitation guilt, or simply a budget device.

Granted most of the time these chicks are playing us, but at the same time we are playing them. The stakes and rules of the game simply differ. it's one thing what we tell them. It's another thing altogether what we share with each other. i played the novia game until I had to accept it was all bullshit. Now as far as you all are concerned I have favoritas and amigas.

By the way they are all fucking someone else. I have had six count them six favoritas become pregnant while I was having a sexual relationship with them. All, but one was a quasi regular girl. None where street girls. I don't know about the rest of you, but the one thing my favoritas all have in common is they love sex. Women who love sex tend to get it elsewhere when they can't be certain they're going to be able to get if from you when the need it. In my view that is completely logical.

weyland
10-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Steve, I'm not talking about a street girl. I'm talking about a "trying to pass herself off as regular girl". They have too many fucking relatives and it at one point that made me uncomfortable. Lately I've been hearing too much of that "novia" shit on this site. These women aren't fiances to most of the guys who refer to them as such. They are simply the flavor or color of the month or some other time frame with an expiration date. Notice I'm not placing total blame on the girls. To be honest, though the odds are bad I'm convinced the supply of sincere chicas far exceeds the supply of sincere expats or mongers. For he most part the girls are just playthings. Fulfillment of some desire that went unmet when we were younger, some attempt to make peace with some stinky shit we did to some chick years ago, an attempt to assuage our exploitation guilt, or simply a budget device.

Granted most of the time these chicks are playing us, but at the same time we are playing them. The stakes and rules of the game simply differ. it's one thing what we tell them. It's another thing altogether what we share with each other. i played the novia game until I had to accept it was all bullshit. Now as far as you all are concerned I have favoritas and amigas.

By the way they are all fucking someone else. I have had six count them six favoritas become pregnant while I was having a sexual relationship with them. All, but one was a quasi regular girl. None where street girls. I don't know about the rest of you, but the one thing my favoritas all have in common is they love sex. Women who love sex tend to get it elsewhere when they can't be certain they're going to be able to get if from you when the need it. In my view that is completely logical.
Brilliant post!

DMV
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Good points from Sage and StevieWonder. It just goes to show you everybody is different and what might be right for you, might not be right for some. It takes different strokes, yes different strokes to move the world (DR). LOL

Now that I've jacked my own thread can we hear from some guys that live there.

Would you do it gain and what would you do different?

Jimmydr
10-01-2010, 05:56 PM

How many kids do you have now? WOW!

Jimmydr
10-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Whatever tickles your fancy, Sage? But my experience and knowing some others is based on those guys who you see here having what they think is a real relationship with a novia, not a street girl. There will always be some living here that would like to think as they do back home that he’s the only one she doing while in a GF, BF relationship, especially if they’re living together. What we can’t answer as we have only been here in the DR for a very short time is what type of real contact that novia may have had with her so call amigo. This will always be an issue for some, especially when most chicas here will have more than one amigo that they enjoy having sex with, and at the same time are not committed to each other. Then, you tell me if you would ever trust not using protection the next time you’re down or in her?:confused:

What exactly is a real relationship? How many ISOC wives think their husbands are faithful? How many ISOC marrried members do we have here?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

MrHappy
10-02-2010, 10:17 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Every girl here has a dick she's in love with, attached to some worthless piece of shit who's only interest is to get her pregnant, and add another kid he won't support to his list of trophies.

From the time they hit 12-13 yrs old(and less) girls here feel the irresistible urge to get that dick inside of them, and give that worthless piece of shit what he wants.

Problem is, they think they're in love. He sure as hell ain't.

pixall7887
10-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I know now why they call you the sage. Such wisdom. All this info here and i still see people write that they swear they have a good girl??? They must have real game that the rest of us don't. I bet you were suprised all six times, but less so at each passing one.

JuanElGriego
10-02-2010, 11:12 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Every girl here has a dick she's in love with, attached to some worthless piece of shit who's only interest is to get her pregnant, and add another kid he won't support to his list of trophies.

From the time they hit 12-13 yrs old(and less) girls here feel the irresistible urge to get that dick inside of them, and give that worthless piece of shit what he wants.

I'm surprised someone who lives down there such as yourself, Mr. Happy, would paint them all with the same broad brush.

Surely you know there are tons of Dominicanas who come from middle and upper middle class homes who never deal with 'tigueres' on any level and would have no use for them if they came across them. These women associate with men in the same (or higher) economic bracket as themselves, and while they may desire to be in love and want some dick just like a campo chica, it's not with a "worthless piece of shit", as you described ... unless you're implying all Dominican men are worthless pieces of shit, which i doubt you are.

Jimmydr
10-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I know now why they call you the sage. Such wisdom. All this info here and i still see people write that they swear they have a good girl??? They must have real game that the rest of us don't. I bet you were suprised all six times, but less so at each passing one.

The Sage landed and stayed long enough to understand how this place works so he can explain it to the rest of you guys.:rolleyes:

greydread
10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
What exactly is a real relationship? How many ISOC wives think their husbands are faithful? How many ISOC marrried members do we have here?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It's unrealistic to want a beautiful Woman who loves to fuck to only fuck you. Face it, a beautiful Chica gets hit on what? 1,000x a day? While we hit on maybe a dozen on a good day. We've got to "get lucky", all the've got to do is not resist. The odds of them running into an irrisistable urge at some point are insurmountable. The Boriqua princesses of the 5 boroughs made a man out of me and I have had the advantage of understanding the process all my adult life. These stunningly beautiful Chicas literally operated like foxes in a hen house and were naturally adept at balancing their needs with their wants. They all outweigh me now but in their day they mastered the game of love. The mindset of the Dominicana doesn't vary much from this.

These Women differ from their 1st World counterparts only in that they don't just think about doing what they want to or dabble in it, they go all out the same way that they do in la cama, living for the moment and enjoying the full measure of their sexuality, sensuality and love of life. Having said that, please allow me to restate the rule....every beautiful Woman everywhere in the World who is in touch with her sexulity has an iron(s) in the fire. It's their nature and they are selfish about it. They will have their fun but want you all to themselves (sound familiar). The difference is that they are way better at disguising their indiscretions than their male counterparts. They start learning as soon as they are old enough to talk.

Faithful= "I will not embarass you with my indiscretions"

Back to your regularly scheduled programming......

cervezalover
10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Hey, any guys living in the south or east?
Represent, Las Terrenas, Rio San Juan, Santiago, San Cristobal, San Pedro, San Francisco and yes even Bavaro. You guys are 4 hours from anyone else, but I don't hear many stories about power problems

I live in San Christobal and electricity is a mayor problem here. We have several power blackouts a day. People who have some money buy a inversor (backup batteries) when there is no electricity. you can hear on a daily basis (no hay luz, se fue la luz, llego la luz....) there are areas in San christobal which have 24// luz but most don`t. Between 12 to 15 hours luz per day is the average in San Christobal.
Also water (agua) is a huge problem, due to pollution you can not drink the water from the pipe in case there is any. You have to buy water which is at 25 pesos. Again on a daily basis you can hear people no hay agua, llego el agua,....

Seville
10-02-2010, 11:19 AM

I'll take that as a compliment:wink:

pixall7887
10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry i didn't mean you guys who live here, i should have said that. I meant the guys who come a few weeks a year and expect a girl to be faithful.

DMV
10-02-2010, 12:34 PM
I live in San Christobal and electricity is a mayor problem here. We have several power blackouts a day. People who have some money buy a inversor (backup batteries) when there is no electricity. you can hear on a daily basis (no hay luz, se fue la luz, llego la luz....) there are areas in San christobal which have 24// luz but most don`t. Between 12 to 15 hours luz per day is the average in San Christobal.
Also water (agua) is a huge problem, due to pollution you can not drink the water from the pipe in case there is any. You have to buy water which is at 25 pesos. Again on a daily basis you can hear people no hay agua, llego el agua,....

Gracias Cervezalover. With the problems you have stated, would you do it again? How long have you live in DR and was the San Cristobal your first choice?

JuanElGriego
10-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry i didn't mean you guys who live here, i should have said that. I meant the guys who come a few weeks a year and expect a girl to be faithful.

And if you're not actually living with your 'novia', regardless if you're living in DR, you're ALSO assuming she's being faithful.

Jimmydr
10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
And if you're not actually living with your 'novia', regardless if you're living in DR, you're ALSO assuming she's being faithful.

There was one living with her guy in Sosua and she would go visit mommy except she came to see me instead. You never know where they are going.

greydread
10-02-2010, 12:50 PM
There was one living with her guy in Sosua and she would go visit mommy except she came to see me instead. You never know where they are going.

It only takes 20 minutes if she knows what she's doing.

DMV
10-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Faithful = Respect IMO.

You'll never know what a person will do and you definitely can't control some one's else emotions. Just enjoy life and be good to yourself.

As you become older, this happens less frequent, but it can still happen to anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXGa__ECvnM
'

Damn, Jacked my thread again.:confused::confused::confused:

The Sage
10-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I know now why they call you the sage. Such wisdom. All this info here and i still see people write that they swear they have a good girl??? They must have real game that the rest of us don't. I bet you were surprised all six times, but less so at each passing one.

Only one surprised me. The one thing my favoritas have in common other than a love of sex is that they are all attractive and personable. It was simply unreasonable to believe they were living the life of a nun when I was absent because those girls are lovable. Typically they would become unreachable. Being the hoe I am if I'm there on a 10 day stay and Susie's not answering her phone or can't see me because she's sick then I got more time to find new pussy. The other thing is when you're showing up only every two and half to three months if you can't reach her for two trips, by the time you get back for the third 9 months have elapsed. Throw in that possibly when you saw her last she was 1-3 months pregnant its easy to see how by the time you complete a 4 trip cycle there could be a 2-3 month old baby where there was none before. If I needed to label the my reaction to the discovery I have to label it disappointment. At least someone could have told me they were pregnant. Naw, all those chicks went into hiding.

The one time I was surprised is kind of funny. To those of you who remember my epic trip report of a few years back I refer to my longest term favorita as "La Vieja". I've known this women since 2003. If there's a woman on that island that loves me she is it. La Vieja turned 30 this year so there's no way I would expect her to get pregnant. I usually see her 1 or 2 days per visit. She has a WU novio so sometimes things don't work out and she can't show up. She lives in the Cibao valley. She takes the bus to Sosua. At the time in question I'm enjoying an extended stay on the island. She's coming up maybe once a month. Novio was in town the month before so when she arrives at the apartment I've not seen her in about 10 weeks. She arrives and she's chubby. I don't like this at all. She stays two days. We stay mostly in the apartment because she doesn't have a lot of energy and I'm not all that thrilled about the crew seeing her in less than her usual radiant self. Now any one else I would have thought "pregnant", but not La Vieja she's gone all these years without managing to get caught so the thought doesn't even cross my mind.

Over the next few months I'm ducking her. I wasn't real happy with her appearance or her lethargy during the last visit. She's not calling me. I'm not calling her. This goes on for about four months. Finally we talk. She apologizes for not calling saying she's had issues with her novio. I ask her up. Fat or not she's my bud and I want to spend some time with her. I had also put on a little weigh so it would be two chubbies hanging out. She declines saying this is not the right time for her to visit. No problem. I go simply dive in to all the distractions Sosua has to offer. She calls me a few months later to say hello. I ask her up. She says she would love to visit, but right now she doesn't have anyone to watch the baby. I'm like WTF you don't have any kids. "Yes I do I have a new son". Stop fucking with me. "I'm serious I have a son who is three months old" I give up at this time thinking I'm just the victim of some elaborate prank. She agrees to come up in two weeks. Okay. I thinking I'm going to give her a really hard time for lying to me when I see her. Two weeks later she shows up at the apartment. She shows me a picture of a baby of about 3 months old. I'm like stop playing with me that could be anybodies baby. She goes okay strips off her clothes and shows me her cesarian scar. I was flabbergasted. I couldn't think of anything to say. I can't remember when I had been that surprised. That was almost 2 years ago. I still find it difficult to accept she has a baby.

cervezalover
10-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Gracias Cervezalover. With the problems you have stated, would you do it again? How long have you live in DR and was the San Cristobal your first choice?

I have been here for almost a year now. I am working for an international hotel chain and they offered me a job in Santo Domingo.
My mom is from Spain and she owns some property in San Christobal and when i had time during my highschool time or university time i spent my vacaction time in San Christobal so i know some people here.
My company offered me an apartment in Santo Domingo as well.
By the time you get used to all the issues, luz is not a problem for me as i have backup batteries, water is an issue at least sometimes.
My biggest problem is driving back home at night i absolutely hate this, fucked up streets, motos without any light on appears out of nowhere, drunk drivers, police checkpoints ( you never know if they are real cops) among other issues.
I live in an average dominican neighbourhood so crime is also a problem and at least for me it is very hard to make real friends ( you will always be the rich outsider).

prtyr2
10-02-2010, 09:17 PM

There is a lot of that going on but 85% sounds a bit on the high side. Even if counting chicas that pretty much stick to one "sponsor" I think 85% is high.
Whatever the number is it is certainly high enough to be a good thing!

DMV
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
There is a lot of that going on but 85% sounds a bit on the high side. Even if counting chicas that pretty much stick to one "sponsor" I think 85% is high.

Prtyr2, You've been in DR for a while. Would like to know if you would do it all again.

What about the other countries? Let's hear from ya.

MrHappy
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM

I'm with you, I don't go for the 85%. Too high.

Not only that, but there's a TON of those kind of chicas that may come to you when they've got a problem, but they're not thinking that it's going to be a "Oh, I'll suck his dick, and he'll give me some money" type of thing.

There ain't THAT many "Friends with benefits"......

The Sage
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Now, now fellows. My guesstamate of 80% was nothing more than a generalization meant to encompass the outside of the spectrum and garner interest with just a bit of sensationalism. Even if reality was only 50% that still would be an astounding number. Based on your many year's of experience there what would be your estimate of the pool of women open to that type of understanding if faced with a seemingly insurmountable financial issue?

MrHappy
10-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Now, now fellows. My guesstamate of 80% was nothing more than a generalization meant to encompass the outside of the spectrum and garner interest with just a bit of sensationalism. Even if reality was only 50% that still would be an astounding number. Based on your many year's of experience there what would be your estimate of the pool of women open to that type of understanding if faced with a seemingly insurmountable financial issue?

umm..... 85%.. Wahaahahahahahahaha

No, really, I'd make a guesstimate of less than half that much. I've met a ton of girls that have needed money, and most were not interested in trading money for sex, even for a one shot deal.

There's not too many insurmoutable issues that they get into.

Not only that, but if a girl I know comes to me with a life threatening problem, like a baby being seriously ill, I'd feel pretty low suggesting she give me some toto in exchange for money.

terrierist
10-05-2010, 09:06 AM
umm..... 85%.. Wahaahahahahahahaha

No, really, I'd make a guesstimate of less than half that much.

We all know that 82.37% of all quoted statistics are invented spontaneously in the spur of the moment. Read accordingly.

The Sage
10-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Okay, so we go from 8 who might consider it to 4-5 that actually will. Don't know about you'll, but I like those numbers.

Quick story. Daughter of the current novia of one of my street aquaitances comes to the apartment looking to borrow 3000 pesos for an apartment. Supposedly there was some friction between her and her mother's novio arising from him showing a sexual interest in her. At this point I got nothing going on with this chick. I explain how I couldn't possibly give her 3000 pesos since I barely knew her. She accepts this and ask how much can I give her. I say 1500 pesos, take her hand and lead her to the bedroom. She protests, "I'm not a puta". Understood and with me as your only customer you still won't be when you leave. This doesn't move her. I explain how I don't loan money out becuase no one here ever pays you back. Oh no she says I'm different. Okay, but I would be more comfortable if we simply exchanged favors and you would not have to repay me. She thinks about this for ten seconds then replys "I can't do anything because I'm on my period". I'm tired of this conversation and not feeling good about my intentions. I'm starting to feel I'm trying to turn her into something she's not. So I say "I can't loan you 1500, but I will loan you 500. If you pay me back on Saturday like you have promise then in the future I will help you when I can. She's thrilled and thanks me profusely telling me I will see she's not like the others.

Saturday rolls around she doesn't call. Two days later I see her at Flow she won't look at me. I'm thinking "no problem it was to be expected". I leave at that. Two weeks later she's hanging out with one of the vets entertaining two European gentelmen. My "I'm not a puta" is now in the business. I mentally kick myself for falling for her bullshit and anoint her as the last dominicana I will ever loan money to. They have a choice work or don't get paid,

DCIronman
10-05-2010, 02:13 PM

This is the gringo gospel right here.

MrHappy
10-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Okay, so we go from 8 who might consider it to 4-5 that actually will. Don't know about you'll, but I like those numbers.

Quick story. Daughter of the current novia of one of my street aquaitances comes to the apartment looking to borrow 3000 pesos for an apartment. Supposedly there was some friction between her and her mother's novio arising from him showing a sexual interest in her. At this point I got nothing going on with this chick. I explain how I couldn't possibly give her 3000 pesos since I barely knew her. She accepts this and ask how much can I give her. I say 1500 pesos, take her hand and lead her to the bedroom. She protests, "I'm not a puta". Understood and with me as your only customer you still won't be when you leave. This doesn't move her. I explain how I don't loan money out becuase no one here ever pays you back. Oh no she says I'm different. Okay, but I would be more comfortable if we simply exchanged favors and you would not have to repay me. She thinks about this for ten seconds then replys "I can't do anything because I'm on my period". I'm tired of this conversation and not feeling good about my intentions. I'm starting to feel I'm trying to turn her into something she's not. So I say "I can't loan you 1500, but I will loan you 500. If you pay me back on Saturday like you have promise then in the future I will help you when I can. She's thrilled and thanks me profusely telling me I will see she's not like the others.

Saturday rolls around she doesn't call. Two days later I see her at Flow she won't look at me. I'm thinking "no problem it was to be expected". I leave at that. Two weeks later she's hanging out with one of the vets entertaining two European gentelmen. My "I'm not a puta" is now in the business. I mentally kick myself for falling for her bullshit and anoint her as the last dominicana I will ever loan money to. They have a choice work or don't get paid,

The sooner one learns how to sympathetically say no to any and every request for money, the better off they'll be.

Ask any Dominican, and they'll be the first to tell you there is no such thing as loaning money, unless it's a bank, and the loan is guaranteed.

You won't find a Dominican that will loan money.

JuanElGriego
10-05-2010, 02:30 PM

So first she turns down 1500 for a blowjob and then ruined a potentially good relationship by not returning a measly 500 pesos.

She skips 'Go' and goes right to "stupid bitch HOF".

husl2001
10-05-2010, 02:30 PM
The sooner one learns how to sympathetically say no to any and every request for money, the better off they'll be.

Ask any Dominican, and they'll be the first to tell you there is no such thing as loaning money, unless it's a bank, and the loan is guaranteed.

You won't find a Dominican that will loan money.

Sure they do. Interest rates start at about 25%. And those are the legit banks.

"Finance houses" (often fronts for other, more interesting businesses) charge those rates per month.

As a rule, I only give loans to people using money I more or less write off as a gift. That way, if it comes back, it's a nice surprise.

Needless to say, the number of people who fit into the "qualified" category is an astonishingly small one, and only one is Dominican. And she gets upset if we don't smash four times a day when I'm in town. :rolleyes:

DCIronman
10-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised someone who lives down there such as yourself, Mr. Happy, would paint them all with the same broad brush.

Surely you know there are tons of Dominicanas who come from middle and upper middle class homes who never deal with 'tigueres' on any level and would have no use for them if they came across them. These women associate with men in the same (or higher) economic bracket as themselves, and while they may desire to be in love and want some dick just like a campo chica, it's not with a "worthless piece of shit", as you described ... unless you're implying all Dominican men are worthless pieces of shit, which i doubt you are.

I hear you. But how many gringo mongers come into contact with middle to upper class dominicanas? They don't usually frequent the tourist areas. And most don't go out of their way to meet gringo tourist men.

I'd say that Mr. Happy's adage holds fairly true for most of the chicas that the average gringo monger is likely to come into contact with.

husl2001
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I hear you. But how many gringo mongers come into contact with middle to upper class dominicanas? They don't usually frequent the tourist areas. And most don't go out of their way to meet gringo tourist men.

I'd say that Mr. Happy's adage holds fairly true for most of the chicas that the average gringo monger is likely to come into contact with.

Agreed, but would add that most steer clear of regular gringos, too, as they operate off the presumption that a gringo is a monger until proven otherwise.

Sure, Dominicans do the same thing, but men and women tend to be much, much more discreet.

Which is partly why their definition of "faithful" = doing nothing to bring shame to your spouse or your family. Thus, the ubiquitous presence of the casa/cabana/referral/"beeper chica" culture.

Investing ten bux for four hours of near-total discretion goes a long way.

That point may be lost on guys who post pics on the Internet of themselves biting asses and smashing, and shots at Passions that include guys on the other side of the bar who'd rather not be photographed in Sosua.

DMV
10-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I mentally kick myself for falling for her bullshit and anoint her as the last dominicana I will ever loan money to. They have a choice work or don't get paid,

I wouldn't kick myself. I don't see anything wrong with giving someone money if your intentions are truly to help. Now when we start to look for something in exchange is when we start to feel duped.

I still have compassion for people in need, but I'm not a sucker.
If it looks like a Ho, walks like a Ho and talks like a Ho, it's probably a Ho.

If I every gave money to someone, man or woman and they didn't use it for what it was intended, then it's on them and it will come back haunt them.

As Mr. Happy stated I would feel low as shit if a chica really needed money for an emergency and I would give it to them only if they would suck my dick.

The Sage
10-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Depends on the emergency

An example:

I have a friend who I met early in her career. She was trying her best at being a puta, but she was a bit too timid and way too square for the job. None-the-less in my view she was and still is one of the more attractive chicas to visit Clasicos. I take her out one evening and over the course of the next couple of months we develop an ongoing sexual relationship. My own little diamond in the rough She's at the apartment about two days a week. Always stays until the next afternoon. When we're not sleeping we're fucking. From time to time she has a family emergency. Her baby is in Santiago with mom and pop. She is the sole breadwinner. I fall into the habit of pre-paying (her suggestion), for often the emergency takes place during the day or when I don't have time to see her. We bounce along like this everything's cool. Without much luck she's still trying to build a career in the disco. So we're going at it one night and her phone rings. She puts her finger to her lips and points at the phone. She spends the next 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes talking to some cat who knows ten words of Spanish. Lucky for him she speaks a little English. Mercifully it ends. I ask, who was that? She says, "my novio". Whooa!!!! This is news to me. Where did you find a novio? Oh, in the disco. He's from NYC. How long have you known him? Hmmm, 2 weeks. I’ve had enough of this shit. I get back to my business.

I'm walking her to PC the next afternoon to catch a moto home. Before we can get to the corner she tells me "I can't walk with you any further because my novio has friends in town and I don't want them to see me with you". I'm thinking WTF. I been bailing this hoe out of shit for months and now she doesn't want to be seen with me. I don't raise a fuss. I know she needs sponsor, which is a role I hadn’t been willing to fill.

A week later I get a frantic text. She needs 2,200 pesos. The family had purchased and consumed tainted water. Everyone including the baby is sick with dysentery. I ask, "what about your boyfriend". I can't ask him. I have already asked for too much. This is a new relationship. I agree to a "loan" on our normal terms. Nice escapes me. She’s unwittingly been pissing me off a little bit at a time. Though it was 700 pesos more than "my rate" I would have only held her to 1 session. No that was not in the cards, I was perturbed about the new novio and her behavior in that regard so I say okay, but that's two visits sin dinero. Her response, "no problema muchas gracias.

A couple of weeks pass. I’m too busy to collect on her debt. I’m chillin in Clasicos in the “roost” with my buddy. In walks my amiga new boyfriend in hand. I’m thinking, “there goes my rep and now I got to hear shit from my friends”. She walks by us without so much as a smile. I see her later in the evening alone coming from the bano and she pretends I don’t exist. This chick is in debt to me for two TLNs, I've saved her family from illness and she doesn’t have the courtesy to at least smile???? I’m not pissed I’m incensed. I send her an evil text the next day. Synopsis – “I don’t want to see you again and you can keep the money”. Some shit jut ain’t cool.

Six months elapses. Eventually we’re on limited speaking terms. During this time I observe her increase her puta prowess. The wardrobe gets spiffier. The hair is always done. She even found a little rhythm. Now she has customers. She’s on the cusp of entering the puta first tier.

Sitting around Clasicos one boring weekday evening. It’s one of those nights where there are 30 chicks, 5 male tourist, and 10 expats. My amiga is there looking delectable without a potential customer in sight. Okay I got nothing better to do. I buy her a beer. An hour later I walk over to her say vamanos and off we go. Almost the first thing she says after entering the apartment “Sage, you’re going to have to pay me more money this time”. Expected. She has moved up in the ranks. We agree on 2K. The first session is as great as always. I wake up at 11:00 expecting a repeat. She heads to the shower. I'm not alarmed this is something she does. To my surprise instead of returning to bed she starts to get dressed pleading a family commitment. She says this with a little smirk on her face. I’m irritated. She extracted 500 pesos over our “normal” price and in my mind only delivered on half the job. You live and you learn. I walk her to the door and off she goes, victorious.

Two weeks later I get a text. It basically says – Can you help me. I haven’t had a customer in 4 days and I don’t have food or water. Anything you can give me I’d appreciate. I chose not to respond. She made a decision when she was with me to treat me like a customer. I simply followed her lead. A customer would ignore that type of text. I saw her about a week and a half after this. We shared a hola and a hug. She gave me a sheepish grin. Nothing was said about the text. What could she say? She knew she was reaching when she asked. Her little victory at the apartment a few weeks earlier had come back to haunt her.

This isn’t the first incident I’ve had of this type. The Dominicans I tend to interact with seem to believe in the end justifies the means. I don’t care what the darn story is. If I’m not in a position to collaborate it I assume it’s either an out and out lie or an exaggeration. Yeah, you’re going to come off as a heel on occasion, but it kind of beats constantly being a sucker. The ironic thing is in the Dominican pyche the “heel” is held in much higher esteem that the “sucker”.

DMV
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
If I’m not in a position to collaborate it I assume it’s either an out and out lie or an exaggeration. Yeah, you’re going to come off as a heel on occasion, but it kind of beats constantly being a sucker. The ironic thing is in the Dominican pyche the “heel” is held in much higher esteem that the “sucker”.

Sounds like you were dealing with a Ho and you knew that. Seems like you were just trying to see if you could put her on retainer. This was not a loan.

I think someone else said it best, only loan money that you don't expect to get back. If you think they are not being honest with their request for a "Loan" then why give it to them.

Hos, Putas, are what every you want to call them are in the profession of deception. Their job is to separate you from your money any way they can. You know this going in. Play by the rules and you will not get pissed.

This doesn't mean become a harden, no feeling, strictly business monger like some of the chicas. Just have fun and learn to say, "Lo siento, no puedo" I love that word puedo

The Sage
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I've been going to that island for 8.5 years. I have known literally hundreds of women. In all that time I have had three requests for money that where legitimate emergencies. All the rest were essentially of the help me out with my life variety. Outside of guys that are sending money my guess is I'm probably one of the more generous members with the girls. Believe it or not until this year I did not know the word in Spanish for borrow (prestado). When I chose to grant a request for assistance I do it as a gift though there is an underlying understanding that we will continue fucking (I'm no saint). Recently a favorita lost her apartment due to a roommate leaving. She called me asking for a gift of 3,000 pesos. This is the way she put it "Honey I have been staying at the hotel (she works in a hotel) for the past 3 weeks because we lost the apartment when Maria moved out. I have found another one, but don't have money for the deposit. Can you please give me 3,000 pesos for this. I know you don't have much money so if you can not help me I will understand". She had her deposit by the end of the day. Unfortunately she insisted, on my last visit, that I stay the night in the place. I politely declined.

Jimmydr
10-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I've been going to that island for 8.5 years. I have known literally hundreds of women. In all that time I have had three requests for money that where legitimate emergencies. All the rest were essentially of the help me out with my life variety. Outside of guys that are sending money my guess is I'm probably one of the more generous members with the girls. Believe it or not until this year I did not know the word in Spanish for borrow (prestado). If chose to grant a request for assistance I do it as a gift though there is an underlying understanding that we will continue fucking (I'm no saint).

Saint Sage has a nice ring to it.

JuanElGriego
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Just want to say how much i appreciate all the stories Sage shares with the board.

Like i told a friend, other people are quick to brag about their conquests but keep things real quiet when they've admittedly slipped up here and there in this game of ours.

Much respect and the intel is invaluable, Sage. :iconTU:

Jimmydr
10-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Just want to say how much i appreciate all the stories Sage shares with the board.

Like i told a friend, other people are quick to brag about their conquests but keep things real quiet when they've admittedly slipped up here and there in this game of ours.

Sage wants to fit in, so he is making up much of the slip ups. He is smooth. Keep in mind there are a few other real smooth guys here, but they will never admit to it. :rofl::rofl:

DMV
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM

That's why I enjoy the reports that tell the good and bad. I try to do that with my reports even if they come off boring.

gdogg
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM

Amen to that, brother!
:wink:

The Sage
10-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Juan, anyone who's chose to recognize another human being (some guys are incapable of doing this) on the otherwise of the P4P encounter then decided to engage a in a relationship (no matter how lightweight), has a story to share. Guys though tend to indulge in braggadocio to mask their real feelings. To each his own. In that regard I take pride in not having a picture of my dick on this site. lol

gdogg
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
In that regard I take pride in not having a picture of my dick on this site. lol

I hear ya! I would never have...uh oh, hold up...gpupp's unblocked image is still lingering here in some trip reports. Never mind...
:eek: :lol:

The Sage
10-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I once let an amiga take a picture of junior with her cell phone camera. It became her portable peep show. I think she showed it to all her female friends and acquaintances. I was actually with her a couple of times when she did this. I had to grin since I had already bared it.

pixall7887
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
This reminds me of a funny thing i heard on the radio this morning. The hosts asked the listeners to rate themselves in bed and everyone who called in rated themselves a 9 or 10. Then near the end one guy calls in and calls out everyones bullshit. I love guys who keep it real. I'd hate to hear that question answered here. Thanks for keepin it real Sage.

DMV
10-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I know this is mostly a DR site, but where are the guys living or have lived in other countires? I still would like to hear more about those in DR.

Hey, are any of you guys using slingbox?

Klockman
10-09-2010, 12:40 PM
That's why I enjoy the reports that tell the good and bad. I try to do that with my reports even if they come off boring.

I do the same, and usually there's one or two that chirp, but good or bad, it's all part of the process and perfect I'm not.

Westy
10-27-2010, 08:32 AM
But one thing hasn’t changed over the last 4 yrs for me is the concern I have in the drop off numbers of sex visitors that visit here and the impact it has. I’m not the local gringo who is shy about being in Sosua and POP 4-6nights a wk. and every colmado in between. When I see the lack of visitors at night and the domino affect it has on this economy, it does concern me. Especially when you consider that 99.5% of the sex trade in Sosua is done in an area that is less than the length of a football field and at the same time creates so many other jobs and opportunities for locals that I have come in contact with.
I recognized early on that we punters are a 'Renewable Resource', but I really hadn't put the math together on the domino effect till I read this. Not just the money we pay the putas, but the hotels we fill, the Presidentes we buy, the business we represent in the restaurants and bars ... hell, would I have come to Sosua last week for the diving alone?

And then there are the girls who come from outside Sosua looking for a steady flow of 'pappi' money - cf. the Santiago Sisters, for one particular and notorious example. They need places to stay and vendedores to sell them their arroz y pollo, too, and that puts money back into the local economy as well.

So we are actually performing a pubic good - ahh, pubLic good! :cheesygrin:

el_papi_chew_low
01-24-2016, 01:26 PM
I have no regrets. It's been more than a year living in the DR. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I do sometimes miss Medellin, but I could always take a trip there for a change of pace. Brazil is still on my bucket list as well and I really enjoyed Thailand, but the DR will always be my home base. Funny thing is, I probably visit Puerto Plata and Sosua less now than when I lived in the states lol.

gdogg
01-24-2016, 05:31 PM
I have no regrets. It's been more than a year living in the DR. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I do sometimes miss Medellin, but I could always take a trip there for a change of pace. Brazil is still on my bucket list as well and I really enjoyed Thailand, but the DR will always be my home base. Funny thing is, I probably visit Puerto Plata and Sosua less now than when I lived in the states lol.

Congrats! Where are you living now?

el_papi_chew_low
01-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Congrats! Where are you living now? DR. I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. I rarely even go back to the states to visit fam.

Jimmydr
10-06-2016, 06:37 AM

Would you?

Westy
10-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Would you?

For my own part, it's just as I've been saying ...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=132983&d=1465268263

This is a GREAT thread, well worth reviving. And it shows that the same questions keep rolling up, again and again.

For any newbies who are just starting to wonder about the expat option, I recommend Steviewonder's novelette on page 2. (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?303354-09-2010-Would-you-do-it-again&p=831717#post831717)

DMV
10-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Would you?

YES, I would and did

Jimmydr
01-16-2023, 05:35 AM
Bump, bump