PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Voramar

Dark Knight
08-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Voramar? Has anyone stayed there? How are the chicas there? Do they have many onsite? Is it a recommended hotel by ISOC? Since it advertises itself as a monger hotel, I'm surprised not to have seen anything about it here. Have I just missed something?

Jimmydr
08-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Voramar? Has anyone stayed there? How are the chicas there? Do they have many onsite? Is it a recommended hotel by ISOC? Since it advertises itself as a monger hotel, I'm surprised not to have seen anything about it here. Have I just missed something?

Its away from the action and you may need a car at night.

Rocky
08-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Voramar? Has anyone stayed there? How are the chicas there? Do they have many onsite? Is it a recommended hotel by ISOC? Since it advertises itself as a monger hotel, I'm surprised not to have seen anything about it here. Have I just missed something?You may be able to search the archives for older threads about Voramar, but to summarize, the main complaint is that the English speaking clients don't feel well received by the German management.
I'm just repeating what I have heard and what has been said, so please don't kill the messenger.

Jimmydr
08-10-2006, 07:47 AM
You may be able to search the archives for older threads about Voramar, but to summarize, the main complaint is that the English speaking clients don't feel well received by the German management.
I'm just repeating what I have heard and what has been said, so please don't kill the messenger.

I stayed there years ago. Its the same owner I think and he was friendly enough and never rude.

Rocky
08-10-2006, 07:56 AM
I stayed there years ago. Its the same owner I think and he was friendly enough and never rude.There's a fellow by the name of Henk (not LM) who has been working there for years, and used to be associated with Don Andres and Hotel Yaroa.
He's a great guy and always friendly.
I'll try to search out the archives for the posts that complained about the unfrindlieness of the German owners.
I was hoping this would not happen.
I'm always retiscent to post anything about other hotels, good or bad, as it could be perceived as having a hidden agenda.
I will try to find those threads and post them, ASAP.

Apos
08-10-2006, 07:59 AM
some of the guys have felt less then comfortable there and have either not even chceked in or move after a short stay. i'll leave it to them to post the reasons but the past posts are there to be found.

Rocky
08-10-2006, 08:07 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19236&highlight=Voramar

I personally didn't feel welcome there. I would do a search to find the different experiences of the mongers who stayed at the hotel.

I stayed there in january against PS 's advice......The place is very cold and unfriendly, the chicas seemed that way as well and I couldn't wait to check out of there!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just it! He treated me like i was trash. 5 minutes of questioning before he gave me the room. Even asked me how i heard about the hotel in a very condescending way. I only took the room because i was in a bind. But never again.......... Hope it didn't have anything to do with the color of my skin!!

When I almost stayed there in january 2005, I sent soem emails enquiring about the place. I found his responses very pushy and never stayed there.

Very true.... I stayed 1 night and left.

stay away from hotel voramar...CHECK!

I never talked to you about that. I did the same stayed there one night and left for much greener pastures. I felt that the color of my skin had a lot to do with it!!!!!!!!!!! A local wannabe gangsta also tried to set me up to rob me that night while I was walking to clasico's. But I felt it, saw it didn't look right and took a motoconcho and avoided it. The chica riding with me said it was a set up in the making.

I started a thread about the Voramar last year but was put off staying there because they put one price on their website and tried to charge another when I made a booking enquiry (I dealt with Henk and he wouldn't move on this).

Berzin
08-10-2006, 09:59 AM
I stayed there last August and could not have been happier. The rooms are actually very large with everything else that comes with it(hot water, a/c, ect.) but a fridge would of made life easier. But at $35 balls a night it was great.

The walk is a long one to the main action in Pedro Clisante. I say walk because at the time of night that I was rolling around drunk I would not trust a moto that I did not know. So I always walked it. Totally not recommended because I could have gotten hurt alongside that road and nobody would have known until the sun came up. But I took my chances and I am now writing about it today.

Henk was a totally cool guy. Then again I would be too if I had a piece of ass like he did. This is the type of dreamy dominican babe that would make a monger consider retiring and settling down-yes, she was THAT FUCKING FINE. But the chicas that worked there, I guess out of jealousy, told me she was off-limits even though he was always out partying with clients and never with her. Wherever we saw each other he always had a warm greeting and a smile on his face. He always wanted to know how I was, did I need anything and that sort of stuff. The other german guy was a little intimidating, all business but seemed fine otherwise.

The bar girls were awful. They were bored, listless and made no attempt to even pretend to make anyone feel at home. The dark-skinned loudmouth who always worked the bar when I was there was terrible. All she talked about was her problems and how she needed money. Many times I wanted to sit at the bar and chat but took one look at her and declined. She regailed us one night about her gastro-intestinal issues, and how she had to go to the bathroom to "blow it up"(BABOOM!!!!!!!!). Nice.

One night there were some young latinos at poolside with their hookers and they got their typical frat-house groove on, so I figure that type of obnoxious behavior was tolerated. It was definitely tolerated from me because there weas many a night when my chica and I screamed at each other at the top of our lungs and threw shit all over that room and noone ever said a word, even though I had people in the rooms next to me. We even had time to have sex in between all the fighting, but that was because I apparently violated some monger rule about not keeping a GF if she got too possessive. Oh well-I guess I get a big "Fuck You" for that, but a well-deserved one nonetheless.

DEPUTY DAWG
08-10-2006, 08:47 PM
That place f#*kin SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bj1: :bj1: :bj1: :bj1: :gay: :gay: :gay:

Pedrowantit
10-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Stayed there several times. Was ok for me. Never any problems bring the girls in, Room ok. Pool reasonable clean. Cheap. I always rent a car so distance to action not a problem.

Vincent Vega
02-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Is the pool side chica friendly. If not, can someone recommend a spot that has that? Something about swimming around with a fine young thing!

JoeDR
02-02-2007, 12:22 AM
tooo dammm farrrrr!!!!!!1 once knew a chica that stayed there and tried to get me 2 stay wit her away from the other action (competition)

psriches
02-02-2007, 06:27 AM
This place sucks and not "black-friendly".............................

Although, Yubi is now staying there!!

jd_mine
02-02-2007, 06:49 AM

Probably because her ex husband and father of her child is an owner there. Dunno about the ''not black friendly" since I'm whiter than white, but there was some discussion at the beach last october about stuff disappearing from safes and management doing nothing about it......
The dutch (like me) seem to like the place though......I've never even been there.

Jimmydr
02-02-2007, 07:30 AM
The dutch (like me) seem to like the place though......I've never even been there.

Because its cheap and basic.:mrgreen:

continentalmike
02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Because its cheap and basic.:mrgreen:

Exactly... so when are you applying for residency in Holland Jimmy?

It has:

1. Legal prostition, with girls from all over the world
2. Cannabis is legal here
3. Lot's of ethnic groups, inlcuding yours, have a large presence in Amsterdam
4. It's cheap
5. It's basic
6. You can let girls come over for 3 mo holidays

continentalmike
02-02-2007, 09:41 AM

Yeah I've heard about that before.. sorry to hear it..

And yes Yubi is still staying there... she is prob the girl Berzin is talking about

Cuba Libre
02-02-2007, 11:52 AM
The one good thing about Voramar is that the bar is open after-hours.

guttaman
02-02-2007, 01:41 PM
PS, has nothing to do with the color of anyones skin. Has to do with being from North America. I have stayed there 2 times for one night each when i came into town early from Santiago. I thought i was going to have to be finger printed before i got my key. It is the same at most of the Dutch/German places. I stayed at Don Andres for 2 weeks in November ( my not a putas sister was there those 2 weeks with her dutch novio ). From the start i butted heads with the owner. To make a long story short me and one of the owners got in one hell of a shouting contest over basicly him being rude to me and another of the sisters husband ( American living in Jamao ) because we were loud Americans.

Looks like it is just a clash of 2 different cultures. They were there 1st. How would you feel if a bunch of non tipping Europeans were running around your American hotel in Speedos with their wives topless titties hanging around their belly button rings.

rley69
02-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I made a booking enquiry there a while back but they wanted to bump the price up from what they quoted on their website. Then I read the thing in another thread about guests in some rooms being asked to bag up their used toilet paper into bin bags and decided to give the place a miss altogether.

guttaman
02-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I made a booking enquiry there a while back but they wanted to bump the price up from what they quoted on their website. Then I read the thing in another thread about guests in some rooms being asked to bag up their used toilet paper into bin bags and decided to give the place a miss altogether.

Actually the toilet paper thing is very common. It is common practice when i stay at a friends place in Jamao. Chicas do it all the time.

jd_mine
02-05-2007, 05:46 AM
PS, has nothing to do with the color of anyones skin. Has to do with being from North America. I have stayed there 2 times for one night each when i came into town early from Santiago. I thought i was going to have to be finger printed before i got my key. It is the same at most of the Dutch/German places. I stayed at Don Andres for 2 weeks in November ( my not a putas sister was there those 2 weeks with her dutch novio ). From the start i butted heads with the owner. To make a long story short me and one of the owners got in one hell of a shouting contest over basicly him being rude to me and

This also is a language issue. I work in international companies and have noticed that sometimes native English speakers experience our (Dutch speaking) English as to be rude. This is usually not meant this way, but aparently comes out that way in the translation.

weyland
02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
This also is a language issue. I work in international companies and have noticed that sometimes native English speakers experience our (Dutch speaking) English as to be rude. This is usually not meant this way, but aparently comes out that way in the translation.
There has been research done on this. Apparently Dutch, German and Scandinavian accents are sufficiently closely related to English that English speakers don't make the same automatic and subconscious allowance and therefore set the bar of tolerance higher. Which is why Dutch and Germans are said to be "rude" and Scandinavians "cold". Don't know if there is any truth in that but that's what the academics said. Obviously past history also colours prejudices.

Obviously our relatively recent differences with the Germans have been well documented, but who were the previous nation to attack English soil? It was the Dutch who sailed up the Thames in 1667 and gave us a good hiding.

I have the highest regard for the Netherlands and its people. They are too intelligent and bloody-minded to accept anything less than real democracy (not the sham version current in the UK and USA).

So, back to the Voramar. A German guy at BB who had just come from there enjoyed it but said it was Dutch owned. Which is it?

thunderstar
02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
We stayed there for a night 3 weeks ago. Think he is German??
He seemed nice enough to me - had an appartment there which I thought was very good value for money.

I need to update my trip report and post some photos of this place - but I would recomend it if you have transport.

continentalmike
02-05-2007, 04:28 PM
So, back to the Voramar. A German guy at BB who had just come from there enjoyed it but said it was Dutch owned. Which is it?

As far as I know there are now 3 owners/managers; 2 Germans ad 1 Dutch guy (Henk)..

Amongst the Dutch and German community it has a good reputation, not so with the US guys...