PDA

View Full Version : Is Boca still alive?

Duelist
04-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey guys,
I am coming to Boca Cica in april 13-19 and been reading alot of posts on Boca trips ,people saying its almost dead and all the mongering moved to Sosua. Is it true?Did i wasted my money and time cause I made plans with Boca Chica stay?
I would appricite all the info on that,also if anyone going to be there in the same time maybe we could get some "mongering group" together.
Duelist.

continentalmike
04-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Hey guys,
I am coming to Boca Cica in april 13-19 and been reading alot of posts on Boca trips ,people saying its almost dead and all the mongering moved to Sosua. Is it true?Did i wasted my money and time cause I made plans with Boca Chica stay?
I would appricite all the info on that,also if anyone going to be there in the same time maybe we could get some "mongering group" together.
Duelist.

No BC ain't dead.. as far as I know all the action is concentrated into 1 disco along the main street (Duarte).. the name escapes me but you can't miss it it just down from the park..

Helpmann and a few other can inform you further

Macky
04-10-2005, 10:29 PM
duelist

Scroll down to my post Boca Weekend El Caucho, Boca is not dead but Duarte was dead at night when I was there.

Actually I can't help but wonder what the scene in Sosua is really like. There was a crackdown there also and I don't know that it has been lifted. I feel badly to say this but the only time that I saw the DR scene in Boca and Sosua in all its glory was a few years ago on my first visit. Both places were great, and conformed to what most posts said about the scene being total pandemonium with chicas everywhere. I haven't seen Sosua as good as that since then. Last year with all the power blackouts didn't help, since I imagine a lot of tourists knew about it and didn't show, and the decline in the dollar this year doesn't help either. Still, I plan to check out the north coast again sometime this year.

Apos
04-10-2005, 10:39 PM
duelist

Scroll down to my post Boca Weekend El Caucho, Boca is not dead but Duarte was dead at night when I was there.

Actually I can't help but wonder what the scene in Sosua is really like. There was a crackdown there also and I don't know that it has been lifted. I feel badly to say this but the only time that I saw the DR scene in Boca and Sosua in all its glory was a few years ago on my first visit. Both places were great, and conformed to what most posts said about the scene being total pandemonium with chicas everywhere. I haven't seen Sosua as good as that since then. Last year with all the power blackouts didn't help, since I imagine a lot of tourists knew about it and didn't show, and the decline in the dollar this year doesn't help either. Still, I plan to check out the north coast again sometime this year.

Sosua is far from dead! Even over Xmas and New Year's things were hopping. You do READ this board right? :lol: I can't imagine so much enthusiasm and posting if the place was shutdown. Give your head a shake brother :P

Macky
04-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Apostro

Yeah, I read the motherfucking board right. And I rightly read hundreds of posts on WSA last year raving about Sosua and when I got there almost all the bars were empty or shut down. And hardly anyone was reporting accurately on the true situation with the power, which was out almost all the time, not just some of the time.

This board is more honest about various destinations but a guy has to temper his expectations and not believe everything.

Shake this.

Macky
04-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Read my post right. I didn't say that Sosua is dead. I said I don't know what the situation is.

Macky
04-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Duelist

I don't want you to read between my lines and get the wrong impression. I have not been in Sosua in a long time and my comments referred to Last Year. Some posts indicate that the crackdown in Sosua has let up a bit. My question was whether it has gone back to pre-crackdown mode. Don't know. I will find out when I get there. Eventually.

As far as Boca is concerned when I got there I thought oh shit. At first. Once I found out where the action was it was no problem. Only thing was, I miss the Duarte street scene which was very entertaining in its day. But the girls are around anyway, just not on Duarte.

The posts about Sosua coming back to life I can believe, simply because I found that Boca was still going, so I figure the same can be true for Sosua, I just don't have the first hand experience on Sosua lately. If you have the time check out both. Either one beats the hell out of anywhere in the US.

Forget about my comments about last year. The power was out, it was off season, it was quiet. Very quiet. It's different now the power is on and things in Boca were reasonably lively. I will be hitting Sosua next trip.

D_W_
04-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Apostro

Yeah, I read the motherfucking board right. And I rightly read hundreds of posts on WSA last year raving about Sosua and when I got there almost all the bars were empty or shut down. And hardly anyone was reporting accurately on the true situation with the power, which was out almost all the time, not just some of the time.

This board is more honest about various destinations but a guy has to temper his expectations and not believe everything.

Shake this.

That's why I give WSA no mind. The only board I detest more is WSG.

I found that Sosua can be streaky.

Duelist
04-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Guys thank you so much for the info on my question,
I really appricite that.Now lets say I dont enjoy the "game" in BC is it possible to get on the bus to sosua find a lovely chik and bring her back to BC hotel where I will be staying ,I know its a 3 hour trip so is ir worth the hustle or should i stay localy like SD and BC?
Thank you in advance.

Tonto4
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Duel- How bout we ride together? I'm going north the 14th. You know where I am in BC.

D_W_
04-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Guys thank you so much for the info on my question,
I really appricite that.Now lets say I dont enjoy the "game" in BC is it possible to get on the bus to sosua find a lovely chik and bring her back to BC hotel where I will be staying ,I know its a 3 hour trip so is ir worth the hustle or should i stay localy like SD and BC?
Thank you in advance.

Why don't you screw BC altogether and stay in Sosua? If you are newbie...BC may just devestate your outlook on the DR.

BC is depressing...it's just nasty.

Macky
04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Duelist

Are you staying at an all inclusive resort around BC? Reason I ask is that it sounds like you are locked into staying in BC. If you are able to change your plans then hang for a while in BC ---and then head for Sosua and stay there. I don't think it would be worthwhile to go that far for a chica and go back to BC. By the way if you are staying at an all inclusive, they are not chica friendly unless you pay her way and register her.

There are some very cute chicas at the Burbujos in BC. You may need to be patient, but chica hunting for the lookers always requires patience. That is nothing new. Sometimes she will be out in front of the place and not inside. By midnight the place is packed.

If you have plans to head for BC first, I wouldn't change that, head there and rest after your flight, and take it from there.

Sosua PARTYBOY
04-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Just got back from BC.... Its the shit... Burbujus is my dream club the only down fall is the day time action... Oh waite a minute there is none but if you know your way around or read enough here you'll be str8... Who's awake before sunset anyway???

Dick Dawson
04-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Is Burbujus the club that's supposed to be near to El Caucho?

Sosua PARTYBOY
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Is Burbujus the club that's supposed to be near to El Caucho?

Don't Know ...but you can't miss it, right on Duarte on the far end away from Hamaca.........across from WU and don juan

Macky
04-15-2005, 08:13 PM
DD

Burbujos is a ten minute walk from El Caucho. On Duarte west of downtown. It's underneath the hotel of the same name.

Daytime action in Boca was always scanty in my experience, it's even scantier now. Sosua always seemed a little better for that.

I think there's more to do non-mongering wise out of Sosua also. Some of us keep hitting Boca because it's convenient. It's OK, but it would be more fun if Duarte returned to it's previous state. Still, I have managed to have a reasonably good time in Boca for some long weekends.

I was told that the bars on Duarte would re-open if some hefty fines were paid. Hope it happens. It was a small scene, but fun.