PDA

View Full Version : Victor RIP

The Sage
10-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Victor the black expat in Sosua who sold the perfumed oils on PC near the Four Roses died this morning. He had complained about stomach pains earlier in the day. They got more severe in the evening. He went to the hospital last night either he was released or simply left to go home. He died in his bathroom about an hour after leaving the hospital. His family has been contacted.

Vic was a good guy. He lived around the corner from me across the street from Condos Dominicanos. He was a retiree trying to get by on SS so he struggled financially yet he always had a smile and thoroughly enjoyed his time in Sosua. If you knew Vic say a silent farewell and wish him fulfillment in the life that lies beyond.

Jimmydr
10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Victor the black expat in Sosua who sold the perfumed oils on PC near the Four Roses died this morning. He had complained about stomach pains earlier in the day. They got more severe in the evening. He went to the hospital last night either he was released or simply left to go home. He died in his bathroom about an hour after leaving the hospital. His family has been contacted.

Vic was a good guy. He lived around the corner from me across the street from Condos Dominicanos. He was a retiree trying to get by on SS so he struggled financially yet he always had a smile and thoroughly enjoyed his time in Sosua. If you knew Vic say a silent good bye and wish him fulfillment in the life that lies beyond.

Any idea how old he is?

The Sage
10-03-2010, 11:26 AM
My guess would be mid 60s

Jimmydr
10-03-2010, 11:28 AM
My guess would be mid 60s

So he got about 3 or 4 years of SS. Not much at all.:icontd:

hugrad95a
10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I never had the pleasure of meeting him hopefully he did not suffer and I feel for his family.

greydread
10-03-2010, 04:08 PM
So he got about 3 or 4 years of SS. Not much at all.:icontd:

Idunno. If he was a decent earner he may have brought in a couple grand (USD) a month. That's alot of moolah in the DR.

Jimmydr
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Idunno. If he was a decent earner he may have brought in a couple grand (USD) a month. That's alot of moolah in the DR.

"He was a retiree trying to get by on SS so he struggled financially"

JuanElGriego
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Doubt it.

If he made enough money in the US to get a couple grand SS, he wouldn't be selling perfumed oils on PC.

Hoseman
10-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Vic was a good guy. He lived around the corner from me across the street from Condos Dominicanos. He was a retiree trying to get by on SS so he struggled financially yet he always had a smile and thoroughly enjoyed his time in Sosua. If you knew Vic say a silent farewell and wish him fulfillment in the life that lies beyond.I still look up there and expect to see him up there.I can hear him saying right now you know what Monday is.Are you going to take those Pesos out of that book? I almost forgot his other favorite line he does not know who is worst you or me.