PDA

View Full Version : Help with the weather please

QueGuapo
10-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Hi Guys,
Tomorrow my first mongering trip will begin but I am really concerned about the weather.
Looking at the forecast it seems that it's gonna be raining the whole week...
Is it really costantly raining 24/7 or it's the normal tropical weather: rain and sun and rain and sun?
I am really worried that my vacation is gonna be ruined by this weather!
Thx

Seville
10-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi Guys,
Tomorrow my first mongering trip will begin but I am really concerned about the weather.
Is it really costantly raining 24/7 or it's the normal tropical weather: rain and sun and rain and sun?
Thx

You are traveling to Sosua? For toto? That is mainly an indoor sport here. don't let it worry you. Where you staying? Do you have a wingman or traveling solo?

weyland
10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi Guys,
Thx
For sure the weather won't spoil your holiday unless you are planning to spend it on 12-hour hikes in the countryside each day.

It is very pleasant at present. The extreme heat and humidity of recent week is gone. It rains for a hour or two most days but that is good as it lessens the humidity and lays the dust.

If you want to spend time on Costambar or Sosúa beaches there are plenty of bars and cafés where you can shelter if it rains.

And don't forget the rain is not cold here like in the UK or North America. You can get soaked and dry out when the sun comes out without problems (although no Dominican seems to realise that!).

QueGuapo
10-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you Weyland,
You are always a reliable source of information and a big help.
I already feel better

Jimmydr
10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Thank you Weyland,
I already feel better

Feel free to visit Weyland and pick up the bill, well worth it.

hugrad95a
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Buy a couple of 5 dollar poncho's.

QueGuapo
10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
You are traveling to Sosua? For toto? That is mainly an indoor sport here. don't let it worry you. Where you staying? Do you have a wingman or traveling solo?

Hi Robert,
I am staying at BB but willing to go to Sosua at night.
I have a buddy with me. Let's catch up.

QueGuapo
10-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Feel free to visit Weyland and pick up the bill, well worth it.

Absolutely,
Hey Weyland, where do I find you?
Glad to get you a couple of beers.
Let me know

Jimmydr
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Absolutely,
Let me know

He is located around Puerto Plata, about 15 minutes away from BB. He will have his assistant check his availabilty.

Robert, what are his free afternoons?

weyland
10-05-2010, 10:34 AM
He is located around Puerto Plata, about 15 minutes away from BB. He will have his assistant check his availabilty.

I have a brunch date on Thursday around midday but I would give my right arm for an excuse to get out of that one. :rolleyes:

JuanElGriego
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Guys,
Thx

I learned a long time ago to never waste my time checking the forecast for DR because you will always see the same thing ..... rain. Even if there's a chance it will rain for 5 minutes, they make it seem like torrential downpours the whole day.

My last trip down the guy at the hotel in Santiago told us it was supposed to rain the whole week (it was drizzling outside at the time). It never rained once the rest of my trip.

Go and don't think twice.

weyland
10-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Absolutely,
Let me know
Beer? Get thee behind me, Satan! Mine's a stiff water, or if you are feeling flush, a lemon tea.

Will PM you my details, but weren't you the guy who is only in the DR three days? I feel very sorry for you if you don't have anything better to do than meet me!

It's alright for Robert to hang on to my coat-tails because the local chicas won't go near him (demasiado tacaño) and he is a laughing-stock on ISOC, so I am the best he's got.

Jimmydr
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
It's alright for Robert to hand on to my coat-tails because the local chicas won't go near him (demasiado tacaño) and he is a laughing-stock on ISOC, so I am the best he's got.

He has two of the hottest chicas that I have seen in a while. He needs a break from them sex fiends and hanging with you insures a very quiet and laid back afternoon.

QueGuapo
10-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Beer? Get thee behind me, Satan! Mine's a stiff water, or if you are feeling flush, a lemon tea.

Will PM you my details, but weren't you the guy who is only in the DR three days? I feel very sorry for you if you don't have anything better to do than meet me!

It's alright for Robert to hang on to my coat-tails because the local chicas won't go near him (demasiado tacaño) and he is a laughing-stock on ISOC, so I am the best he's got.

Yes, I am that guy that stays onlly three days now, but it doesn't matter, without this board I would know nothing about how to behave there...My motto is ' always get back to your teachers'.
I am waiting your PM to know where to find you.

I wanna meet those hot chicas that JimmyDr is talking about

weyland
10-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, I am that guy that stays onlly three days now, but it doesn't matter, without this board I would know nothing about how to behave there...My motto is ' always get back to your teachers'.

He was talking about Robert's (supposedly) hot chicas but the consensus here is they are only average for the DR. Jimmy has been away from the DR so long he has forgotten how attractive the chicas are down here so they are all "hot" to him.

Jimmydr
10-05-2010, 11:16 AM
He was talking about Robert's (supposedly) hot chicas but the consensus here is they are only average for the DR. Jimmy has been away from the DR so long he has forgotten how attractive the chicas are down here so they are all "hot" to him.

Roberts chicas are not for sharing.

Jimmydr
10-05-2010, 11:17 AM

I havenot been back in over 3 years and all my hot chicas are now expired.

QueGuapo
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Roberts chicas are not for sharing.

Got it! Thx

vewdew
10-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I havenot been back in over 3 years and all my hot chicas are now expired.

And new ones have replaced them.

ralphie1
10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Buy a couple of 5 dollar poncho's.

i always carry a large garbage bag or two to toss dirty laundry in. should i ever run into a bad stretch of weather and i want to be out in it, i simply punch a hole for my head and arms and am good to go

otherwise, i simply put my dirty laundry in the bag

Seville
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi Robert,
I am staying at BB but willing to go to Sosua at night.
I have a buddy with me. Let's catch up.

Catch up to what? I am not quite as spry as I used to be.:)

Seville
10-05-2010, 12:25 PM

Free afternoons? You must be joking. His afternoons are for one thng only....taking a nap.

weyland
10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
i always carry a large garbage bag or two to toss dirty laundry in. should i ever run into a bad stretch of weather and i want to be out in it, i simply punch a hole for my head and arms and am good to go

otherwise, i simply put my dirty laundry in the bag
Let me get this straight. You are equipped to change your laundry each and every time you are about and about? Do you have a bowel disorder, or do you spontaneous cum in your pants whenever you see a chica you fancy?

Feel free to PM me if you would feel more comfortable admitting to it privately. There is help available for these disabilities. (Ask Robert).

weyland
10-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Free afternoons? You must be joking. His afternoons are for one thng only....taking a nap.
I wish. I have yet to master the art of the afternoon siesta, though I badly need to do so.

Seville
10-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I have a brunch date on Thursday around midday but I would give my right arm for an excuse to get out of that one. :rolleyes:

I am not an animal. I am a human being and as such I have REAL emotions and feelings. You have cut me to the quick with this blatant slap in the face Pops. And I won't soon forget. I have an extremely poorly rated nursing home with your name on it!

P.S. Lunch Thursday is on me.:)

Seville
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Thank you Weyland,
I already feel better

He is also a reliable source for natural gas. Wanker could fuel a small city.

vewdew
10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Its tough to get old Weyland, look at all the mental abuse you have to put with daily.

:)

weyland
10-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Is it really constantly raining 24/7 ...?
I had to laugh when I stumbled on this post again. Originally posted by danytravel on 5th Oct. Since then there has been a drought in Puerto Plata. Only a few hours light rain since he posted. Some places have water-rationing including where I live. We cannot use the washing-machine. Only enough water for showers and flushing the toilet.

Any such problems in Sosúa?