PDA

View Full Version : La Roca Restaurant for Sale

FritoBandito
10-06-2010, 01:00 AM
La Roca:
http://www.dr-remax.com/Sosua/Puerto_Plata/Commercial_Real_Estate/Puerto_Plata/Sosua/Agent/Listing_3751509.html

1.4 Million (US Dollars) for this place in today's economy???? :eek: :icontd:

Maybe 1 mil and that pushing it!!!

Gutter Meat
10-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Not even worth a half mil!!! What are they smoking crack!!!

FritoBandito
10-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Villa @ Sea Horse Ranch:
http://www.dr-remax.com/Cabarete/Puerto_Plata/Homes/Dominican_Republic_Luxury_Villa_Beach/Cabarete/Agent/Listing_959059.html

$3,995,000 USD for this villa :rofl:, it's real nice pad if you look at the pics, but WAY overpriced -- maybe it's worth 2 mil...

What are they thinking??? Cabarete ain't no Alcapulco....:eek:

Nice house on the beach, but the lot isn't all that big...only 0.3777 acres!!!!

These people @ the Seahorse Ranch are smoking crack laced with Angel Dust and LSD!!!!

gdogg
10-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Everything in Sosua is for sale, and for an outrageous price. Nothing new.

MrHappy
10-06-2010, 06:57 AM
La Roca:
http://www.dr-remax.com/Sosua/Puerto_Plata/Commercial_Real_Estate/Puerto_Plata/Sosua/Agent/Listing_3751509.html

Again????

What has me laughing is the way real estate agents are pushing the "Now is the time to buy, when prices are at the lowest they've ever been!!" schmeel.

Just like the folks in Casa Linda. I looked at villas in there in 2000 that were going for 50K. Look what they're asking for now!

mikelodge
10-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Villa @ Sea Horse Ranch:
http://www.dr-remax.com/Cabarete/Puerto_Plata/Homes/Dominican_Republic_Luxury_Villa_Beach/Cabarete/Agent/Listing_959059.html

$3,995,000 USD for this villa :rofl:, it's real nice pad if you look at the pics, but WAY overpriced -- maybe it's worth 2 mil...

What are they thinking??? Cabarete ain't no Alcapulco....:eek:

Nice house on the beach, but the lot isn't all that big...only 0.3777 acres!!!!

These people @ the Seahorse Ranch are smoking crack laced with Angel Dust and LSD!!!!

Hospitality Industy values and Business advice along with Real Estate values and advice at just after 8am. :lol:

Acapulco you can get kidnapped hell I would rather be at Sea Horse than there right now. Ridiculous prices trying to sell Blue Sky when the economy is in ruin.

Jimmydr
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
La Roca:

I can show you a few 1,000 restaurants in NY that are for sale for about $300,000.

That really is a joke.

Hunter
10-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Everything in Sosua is for sale, and for an outrageous price. Nothing new.

Palace John never did get his price --- huh :p:eek::D

JuanElGriego
10-06-2010, 10:21 AM
The only thing worth buying in Sosua is pussy.

Jimmydr
10-06-2010, 10:22 AM

You mean renting?

JuanElGriego
10-06-2010, 10:38 AM
You mean renting?

Yes, thank you.

ralphie1
10-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Not even worth a half mil!!! What are they smoking crack!!!

probably not. looking for a deep pocketed gringo that is smoking crack. lol

Jimmydr
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
probably not. looking for a deep pocketed gringo that is smoking crack. lol

Anyone with that kind of money won't be stupid enough to pay $50,000 for it.

Nakom
10-06-2010, 11:46 AM
The only reason those places are priced like that is that they are 'established'. You could build either one from scratch with land in the DR for under 1 million easy. Hell you could build them in the US or Canda for around 1 million.

Jimmydr
10-06-2010, 11:48 AM
The only reason those places are priced like that is that they are 'established'. You could build either one from scratch with land in the DR for under 1 million easy. Hell you could build them in the US or Canda for around 1 million.

Now if the land is included and it is zoned for a 7 story Hotel with 60 rooms, it may be worth more. Many of these guys don't own the land.

gdogg
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Palace John never did get his price --- huh :p:eek::D

Imagine what I would have been left with if I coughed up the $25,000 for good old room C-2. Scary. And everybody else was being offered a room for a lot more!
:eek:

JD426
10-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Imagine what I would have been left with if I coughed up the $25,000 for good old room C-2. Scary. And everybody else was being offered a room for a lot more!
:eek:
So what happened ? the guy walked away rather than take a lower more realistic price for his Hotel ? or he just had NO buyers at all ?

There was a really funny line I think Mr Happy or Greydread posted on a Santo Domingo thread, about a Bar or restaurant for Sale, and the desperate business owner was so stupid he showed his cards to The potential Buyer when he said something to the effect of " If I dont get my asking price, Im going to just walk away from it". LOL
So the Buyer simply WAITED a couple weeks, the guy walked and ge got the business location from the landowner for nothing more than the new Lease amount... LOL
ya gotta laugh... Smart business people ,some of them are NOT.

Jimmydr
10-06-2010, 01:11 PM
So what happened ? the guy walked away rather than take a lower more realistic price for his Hotel ? or he just had NO buyers at all ?

He sold it and that guy ran it completely out of business. It wasn't Johns money anyway.

steviewonder
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM

And Presidente.:wink:

steviewonder
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Anyone with that kind of money won't be stupid enough to pay $50,000 for it.

I always like this part in the sales pitch: Reason for selling is that the owner is retiring.

Especially if he gets 1.4 mil and you get a new steak house that has turned into a flop.:eek:

JD426
10-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I really dont have an axe to grind with the place, but I think it is damaged goods because of its reputation.
You cant have a HUGE SPECIALS SIGN outside that says for example "70 peso Presidentes" , and then the tab comes and its 100 pesos each , and u are thinking, was I imagining it ??
You ask, and they even have the nerve to tell you that the 70 pesos price is during the DAY time only, and the sun just went down, where the f** does it say that on the sign outside ??
You lured me in, I bought a full Meal and now you are gonna hammer me even on the item you lured me in with ? That kind of shit will piss people off .
You just dont hear crap like this about places like Baileys, u know why, cause they dont do it.

mikelodge
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I really dont have an axe to grind with the place, but I think it is damaged goods because of its reputation.
You cant have a HUGE SPECIALS SIGN outside that says for example "70 peso Presidentes" , and then the tab comes and its 100 pesos each , and u are thinking, was I imagining it ??
You ask, and they even have the nerve to tell you that the 70 pesos price is during the DAY time only, and the sun just went down, where the f** does it say that on the sign outside ??
You lured me in, I bought a full Meal and now you are gonna hammer me even on the item you lured me in with ? That kind of shit will piss people off .
You just dont hear crap like this about places like Baileys, u know why, cause they dont do it.

No but Baileys add that damn 16 or 17% service charge for tax and then still hands you the bill in a stupid wood treasure chest box and picks up the box and looks inside before asking if you need change sometimes. So the bill is 2400 and he wants to know if I want change from 3000 WTF

This why I always like to have some smaller bills so I can leave and not have to wait for change..

Apos
10-06-2010, 07:30 PM
You will all have to try and forgive Mike. He occasionally goes off on a rant about things that apparently make him a bit mental :rolleyes:

...like the legally mandated tax on restaurant bills, his opinion of the security at various hotels, etc...

He's a great guy but occasionally off his meds :eek: :lol: (or is ODing on them :p)

FritoBandito
10-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Their all-you-can-eat Friday barbecues weren't bad, but I stopped eating at La Roca after I ate their lasagna and got sick as a dog for a day. After I ate it and it settled in my stomach, it wasn't digesting, just like Mickey D's so-called food...it pretty much came back up in a couple hours looking the way it did before it went down.....:eek:

mikelodge
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
You will all have to try and forgive Mike. He occasionally goes off on a rant about things that apparently make him a bit mental :rolleyes:

...like the legally mandated tax on restaurant bills, his opinion of the security at various hotels, etc...

He's a great guy but occasionally off his meds :eek: :lol: (or is ODing on them :p)

Yah Yah yah but the legally mandated tax should be included in a menu price as the majority of places do and the majority of people would agree is the right and simplest and best way to do it.

It is the same bull shit in the US when a bar offers $2 pints for example at TGIF or Applebees you can go up to the bar and pay 2 Bucks but if you run a tab they add tax. Fuck that I carry Green and the tax is already built in there.

After decades in the bar/nightclub/dining/hospitality business I know it is just a way to scam the customer to pay the tax the business should be paying in the built in price. Most guys that only own a few never report many of the cash transactions. Of course I always Did :p:wink::lol:

Apos
10-06-2010, 10:57 PM
As long as you choose to beat these dead horses
I reserve the right to bust your chops over it...:rolleyes:

Yah Yah yah but the legally mandated tax should be included in a menu price as the majority of places do and the majority of people would agree is the right and simplest and best way to do it.

It is the same bull shit in the US when a bar offers $2 pints for example at TGIF or Applebees you can go up to the bar and pay 2 Bucks but if you run a tab they add tax. Fuck that I carry Green and the tax is already built in there.

After decades in the bar/nightclub/dining/hospitality business I know it is just a way to scam the customer to pay the tax the business should be paying in the built in price. Most guys that only own a few never report many of the cash transactions. Of course I always Did :p:wink::lol: