PDA

View Full Version : One Ocean Place

Bug Boy
04-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Can anyone verify this information?

Recreation: Shows three nights a week; one free scuba diving lesson in the hotel pool; and a free hour snorkel per day offered by Holocanthus Diving to Hotel guests.

I am trying to decide between One Ocean Place and Sosua Palace. There has been a lot of talk about sitting by the pool at Sosua Palace but I don't remember anyone mentioning taking a late night swim with a chica. One Ocean Place seems to have a large enough pool to offer a free scuba lesson.

From my readings both are chica friendly with no charge. The advantage, maybe, with the Palace is the onsite chicas. From the webistes both seem to have decent rooms. But as we all know hotels only post the best pictures they have, and even then who know how old those pictures are.

I plan to give Hotel de Aventura a try the first 2 nights than move onto Sosua. The manager at Hotel de Aventura emailed me a few photos of the rooms and they look pretty nice. This may be interesting to sit at your hotel and have the manager call in a herd of chicas and pick the one you like then send the rest back. :lol:

JDR
04-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Yes they give the lessons at One Ocean but there are alot of families there and you won t be swimming at 1am but you can at The Palace.

Bug Boy
04-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Yes they give the lessons at One Ocean but there are alot of families there and you won t be swimming at 1am but you can at The Palace.

Maybe I am missing something as a newbie to this board but it seems like the only place to stay in Sosua is the Palace. Is this actually the only chica friendly hotel or is it just the only hotel ISOC members like.

jd_mine
04-09-2005, 08:43 PM
There's loads of them: Palace, One Ocean Place, Blue Dolphin, Voramar, Don Andres, Europa, etc. etc

JDR

Maybe I am missing something as a newbie to this board but it seems like the only place to stay in Sosua is the Palace. Is this actually the only chica friendly hotel or is it just the only hotel ISOC members like.

No there are 7 or 8 chica friendly hotels but The Palace is the only one you can swim at 2 in the morning. As long as someone staying there goes swimming you can join in from another hotel.

jd_mine
There's loads of them: Palace, One Ocean Place, Blue Dolphin, Voramar, Don Andres, Europa, etc. etc

gdogg
04-09-2005, 09:26 PM
...and a little of the beaten path...The Romanoff! Thanks, ps.
:wink:

Bug Boy
04-09-2005, 09:40 PM

Hang in there with me gentlemen I am doing a lot, and I mean a lot of reading before posting. I spent well over an hour a day for 2 weeks before I started asking questions. There are so many different catorgories to get the information. One hotel might have its own forum and a different hotel information might be in several forums. Than for some reason, and I know it happens on most boards, you read the first few posts and all of a sudden the information becomes messages about who is in town and when.

As all of you vets on this board should know newbies to a new board can sometimes be a nuisance untill they find the ins and outs of this message forum.

I am well aware you can not prevent a disaster occuring during a first trip to DR or anywhere but you can minimize in by reading and asking questions.

Thanks

Bug Boy
04-09-2005, 09:44 PM
One more thing.............is there a sticky around with a list of hotels and website address?

JDR
04-10-2005, 09:45 AM
One more thing.............is there a sticky around with a list of hotels and website address?

Listen up, you did hours of research which is clear. The threads tend to go off. At this point you have earned the right to ask 100 questions to fine tune your trip.

There are 7 chica friendly hotels in Sosua but The Palace is the only one you can swim at, in the middle of the night. If you are staying at another hotel and you buddy up with a Palace Guest you can swim as well.

Bug Boy
04-10-2005, 01:49 PM

Thanks gentlemen,

I am on a roll now. I have a good selection now. I have visited the websites and have basically narrowed it down to 2 hotels. I should be good to go with accomodations for both Caberete and Sosua.

I will return shortly with my list of questions for the best "pick up spots". For now back to doing some more post reading and website visits.

It took awhile to piece the information together. The information is here, you just have to do a little hunting. I guess it is good practice for when it comes time to hunt the chicas down.

Last thing for now :lol: is there a salutation commonly used in DR other than adios?

Reel Deal
04-10-2005, 01:59 PM
I will return shortly with my list of questions for the best "pick up spots". For now back to doing some more post reading and website visits. It's the DR, dude. The only places prolly NOT pick-up spots are convents, monasteries, cathedrals, and orphanages.

And I might be wrong about some of those...

Enjoy!!!

continentalmike
04-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Last thing for now :lol: is there a salutation commonly used in DR other than adios?

Yes, with chicas it's Ven Acqui.. pronounced as ben acqui

Apos
04-10-2005, 03:53 PM

dou you mean "¡venido aquÃ*!" or "come here!"? :lol:

continentalmike
04-10-2005, 03:57 PM

Eye waz newer ani goot ad speling.. u aer korrekt :wink:

Apos
04-10-2005, 04:26 PM

Eye waz newer ani goot ad speling.. u aer korrekt :wink:

my english sucks but i'm actually trying to learn español :lol: