PDA

View Full Version : Fare Alert Spirit LGA to Santo Domingo Fare Cut $ 39 each way

psriches
03-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Subject: Spirit Airlines - Free Flight Offer

Give Your Next Vacation a Head Start
- With a FREE FLIGHT*

We have an offer just for you - kick off your next vacation with a FREE flight* from Spirit Airlines.

To get your FREE flight*, register for this offer, apply and be approved for the FREE SPIRIT™ MasterCard®, and charge at least $100 in purchases to your card by June 8, 2007. Then relax and start planning your next trip courtesy of Spirit Airlines. Don't let this limited time offer pass you by.

In addition, cardholders also get:

No annual fee for 12 months1
Get up to 15,000 more bonus miles with first purchase1
Miles that never expire2
Automatic Elite status**
Bonus miles for every $1 spent
Plus, these miles all count towards your FREE SPIRIT status.
APPLY NOW

Here’s what you have to do to ensure
you get your FREE trip*:

1. If you're not already a member, sign up for FREE SPIRIT, Spirit’s innovative frequent flyer program. Enroll now - it's FREE and it only takes a few minutes to sign up.

2. Using your FREE SPIRIT number, you must register for this FREE flight offer at spiritair.com.

3. Apply and get the FREE SPIRIT MasterCard, be sure to enter your
FREE SPIRIT number on the application form. Click here to apply now.

4. Spend at least $100 in purchases on your FREE SPIRIT MasterCard by June 8, 2007.

5. On August 15, 2007 Spirit Airlines will send your FREE flight* voucher to the e-mail address listed in your FREE SPIRIT account profile. FREE trip* must be booked by September 30, 2007 and is good for travel to select destinations between August 15, 2007 and November 15, 2007.

APPLY NOW

* This offer is for select Sprit Airlines subscribers and is not transferable. In order to qualify for this promotion, an applicant must register for the promotion, apply and be approved for the FREE SPIRIT MasterCard between March 14, 2007 and April 7, 2007, and make purchases on this FREE SPIRIT MasterCard of $100 or more by June 8, 2007. Free flight will come in the form of a coupon via e-mail and is valid for one passenger for roundtrip travel between Detroit and Atlantic City, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Myrtle Beach, New York (LaGuardia), Orlando, Tampa, and Washington, DC (Reagan) or Fort Lauderdale and Cancun, Grand Cayman, Kingston, Montego Bay, Nassau, Punta Cana, San Juan, Santo Domingo, Detroit, and New York (LaGuardia). Free flight must be booked on spiritair.com by 9/30/07 and is good for travel only between 8/15/07 and 11/15/07. A 7-day advance booking requirement applies. Availability during holiday periods may be difficult. Travel is coach class and availability is capacity controlled. Seats for free trip may not be available on all flights if the available seats have already been booked. Taxes and fees are the responsibility of the coupon holder. Once ticketed there are no changes permitted. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change. Offer limited to new card members only.

** Eligibility for the FREE SPIRIT Onyx World MasterCard will be based upon the each applicant’s individual credit worthiness and will be subject to the terms and conditions governing the FREE SPIRIT Onyx World MasterCard. No applicant is guaranteed that they will be eligible to receive a FREE SPIRIT MasterCard. Depending on your credit review, you may receive a Platinum card with a credit line of less than $5,000. Platinum benefits differ from World benefits (Cardmembers who receive a Platinum card will not be eligible for the up to 15,000 bonus miles). Please review the Terms and Conditions and the materials provided with your Cardmember Agreement for more details. In order to earn miles, the member’s FREE SPIRIT account must be active by having at least one purchase every month and have a valid e-mail address on file. Other restrictions apply. Offer subject to change.

psriches
03-15-2007, 12:25 AM
But here's the small print slick talk!!!

"valid for one passenger for roundtrip travel between Detroit and Atlantic City, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Myrtle Beach, New York (LaGuardia), Orlando, Tampa, and Washington, DC (Reagan) or Fort Lauderdale and Cancun, Grand Cayman, Kingston, Montego Bay, Nassau, Punta Cana, San Juan, Santo Domingo, Detroit, and New York (LaGuardia)"

What???

scoochamenz1
03-17-2007, 09:17 PM
so i'd have to fly to detroit or ft. lauderdale to get the flight? did i read this correctly?

psriches
03-18-2007, 11:56 AM
so i'd have to fly to detroit or ft. lauderdale to get the flight? did i read this correctly?I didn't call to confirm but it seems that you have to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale for the DR destination. I applied for it anyway!

Gutter Meat
01-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Beginning June 18, Spirit Airlines will add service to Santiago in the Dominican Republic. The carrier will fly four round-trip flights a week from its hub in Fort Lauderdale on Airbus A319 jets. Connecting flights to Santiago will be available from 16 of Spirit's other destinations. Spirit says the new service to Santiago will complement its existing service to Santo Domingo and seasonal service to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

elsucio
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah but Spirit Airlines really suck, used to use them from DC to SDQ.....

DCIronman
01-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah. Spirit screwed me over once in '06 and I swore I'd never fly them again.

But my only other option to STI from DCA is AA. And their prices are ridiculous right now. Therefore, I'd fly Spirit again if they can provide decent fares to STI.

elsucio
01-13-2009, 04:53 PM

But my only other option to STI from DCA is AA. And their prices are ridiculous right now. Therefore, I'd fly Spirit again if they can provide decent fares to STI.

BWI is not an option?

greydread
01-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Bro!

One of my road dogs booked today for 15-22 Jan (that's right, day after tomorrow) on AA from DCA to SDQ for $336. $336 with two days notice.

You can use the money you save for the ($7) Caribe Tours bus ride to the North Coast, some cervezas and punani. Spirit sucks for the DR from DCA now. All their flights from DCA to SDQ are overnight layovers or get there at 2 am. Sucks.

cainer
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Back in 2006 i flew with Spirit into Santo Domingo. They lost my luggage and didnt recovery it til 2 days later. They made us sit in the airplane for an hour before leaving Fort Lauderdale and were arrived the 1 hour late to Santo Domingo. Then on our return, they once again made us sit in the plane for 1 hour before departing Santo Domingo and again we were one hour late arriving to Fort Lauderdale.

Ill never fly with them again. They are usually half the price then most airlines but, losing luggage and being late all the time has discouraged me from ever using them again.

KoKi9290
01-13-2009, 10:47 PM
I also have heard nothing but horror stories to the DR with Spirit. However, if you get on their e-mail list, they have some fare sales which might make it worthwhile. Last week, I had a $168 fare R/T FLL-SDQ but couldn't get away for that weekend. It was $18 each way. 6:30 am dpt from FLL and arrv in FLL at 11:30 pm. It'll be interesting to see how their sale fares work out.

DCIronman
01-13-2009, 11:53 PM
BWI is not an option?

A little far for me (about an hour drive) as I live in DC and don't own a car. Not a good option for someone like me who likes early flights.

Plus, the security check lines at BWI are flat out RIDICULOUS!!! Seriously, I missed just about every flight I've scheduled out of BWI and had to take the next one.

I very much prefer DCA.

DCIronman
01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Bro!

One of my road dogs booked today for 15-22 Jan (that's right, day after tomorrow) on AA from DCA to SDQ for $336. $336 with two days notice.

You can use the money you save for the ($7) Caribe Tours bus ride to the North Coast, some cervezas and punani. Spirit sucks for the DR from DCA now. All their flights from DCA to SDQ are overnight layovers or get there at 2 am. Sucks.

I may have to do that from now on. My last AA flight into STI was delayed for 4 F@#KING HOURS and my wingman and I didn't get into Santiago until 3 A.M.

Unfortunately, I have a ton of miles with AA that I gotta use before I kick them to tha curb. So I'm kinda married to that bitch unless I wanna come out the pocket for a plane ticket.

Hell, free flights are kinda hard to turn down.:wink:

Skynyrd
01-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Ive used Spirit several times FLL-SDQ and never a bit of trouble..I do hate the long Bus ride to Sousa so this may cut bus time in half..I Like that ideal.

Wish they added POP instead :(

DCIronman
01-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Ive used Spirit several times FLL-SDQ and never a bit of trouble..I do hate the long Bus ride to Sousa so this may cut bus time in half..I Like that ideal.

Wish they added POP instead :(

Much less competition in the STI market. It's underserved and they stand to profit greatly by stealing a ton of AA customers (including myself).

I hear that Delta will resume it's STI flights this year. But the only other low cost carrier serving this market is JetBlue.

I'm ecstatic!:D

hugrad95a
10-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Damn it I can't go. But here's to those who may be able to. Mostly Tues and Wed Travel.

Pricing and Customer Information

Your Itinerary

Tuesday - October 26, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: New York/LaGuardia (LGA) 1:20 PM 601 Arrive: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 4:17 PM
Tuesday - October 26, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 5:20 PM 601 Arrive: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ) 7:36 PM
Wednesday - November 3, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ) 8:53 AM 180 Arrive: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 11:08 AM
Wednesday - November 3, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 12:10 PM 180 Arrive: New York/LaGuardia (LGA) 3:03 PM
LGASDQ
Purchasing Price

AIRFARE
$78.00 TAXES & FEES Less Information ▼ (https://www.spiritair.com/PassengerContact.aspx#) $159.80

APHIS User Fee $500 DO - Airport Infrastructure Fee $3260 DO-Airport Authority Fees $3000 DO-Departure Tax $2000 Immigration User Fee $700 International Service Recovery Fee $1000 Passenger Facility Fee $450 Passenger Usage Fee $1600 September 11th Security Fee $250 US-International Departure Tax $32.20

TOTAL $237.80

ydogi
11-01-2010, 09:35 PM
199 rt on spirit from Ft Lauderdale, how far is the airport from NewGarden hotel ( strip)

Jimbo44
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
ha ha..... 4 plus hrs by bus!!!

Dave Diaz
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
ha ha..... 4 plus hrs by bus!!!

:rofl:

Its a long ride. How long a ride is it on the Caribe bus from Santiago to Sosua??

trEPP33
11-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Is the flight out of Florida into Santo Domingo on the same day as the flight from NY to Fla? I think you may have a typo on the departure date from Fla to SDQ.

psriches
11-04-2010, 08:02 PM
:rofl:

Its a long ride. How long a ride is it on the Caribe bus from Santiago to Sosua??2 hours and 17 minutes

psriches
11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Is the flight out of Florida into Santo Domingo on the same day as the flight from NY to Fla? I think you may have a typo on the departure date from Fla to SDQ.Everything is same day. No typo there. Leaving Oct 26th and retuning Nov 3rd.

SeaWeed
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
thinking we should call Spirit Air > Monger Air since it hits so many great monger destinations and it's not a very big airline
it has routes to Meddy, Montego Bay, Lima, San Jose, Cartagena, Panama City, Santo Domingo plus other Latin America countries

bluemiata
12-14-2010, 02:20 AM
some great deals on there, wish i would have checked out spirts site before booking on jetblue

hugrad95a
12-15-2010, 11:38 PM
thinking we should call Spirit Air > Monger Air since it hits so many great monger destinations and it's not a very big airline
it has routes to Meddy, Montego Bay, Lima, San Jose, Cartagena, Panama City, Santo Domingo plus other Latin America countries

I wonder if was started by a monger...lol Check out the advertising...
YouTube - Spirit Airlines - That's Low

Dave Diaz
01-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Downside to the flights to STI from LGA is that no matter what time you leave you will end up there at the same time, 2:30am I think is what it says.

This is still an amazing deal though. Thinking of making a quick stop just to take advantage of this offer.

hugrad95a
01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
This Just in the 272 from LGA to STI. Friday to Wed is 272 with taxes included.