PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Shrink Wrap: worth it or not?

slipheed
10-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Planning on checking some baggage this trip and would like to hear your opinion of “shrink wrapping” the ol’ suitcase.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/70/178750245_612ad9b3cb_z.jpg
I’ve always wondered how reliable this stuff was and specifically, if the custom dudes in POP airport will “let me pass by” if my bags are wrapped.

Seville
10-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Planning checking some baggage this trip and would like to hear your opinion of “shrink wrapping” the ol’ suitcase.
Click to see pic (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/70/178750245_612ad9b3cb_z.jpg)
I’ve always wondered how reliable this stuff was and specifically, if the custom dudes in POP airport will “let me pass by” if my bags are wrapped.

I think it would give them more of an incentive to open your bag at POP.

TC
10-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I agree. If shinkwrapping discouraged them from opening your bags, it would be a very short time before druglords caught on.

Besides, what's the big deal about them opening your bags? I alwyas keep anything of real value with me. If they want to sort through my dirty undies, I say, "Have at 'em!"

vewdew
10-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree. If shinkwrapping discouraged them from opening your bags, it would be a very short time before druglords caught on.

Besides, what's the big deal about them opening your bags? I alwyas keep anything of real value with me. If they want to sort through my dirty undies, I say, "Have at 'em!"

The big deal for me when they do open my bag is I have to put everything back and them fuckers dont help.

naptime
10-26-2010, 03:43 PM
i would not waste the money or the time. since you are going through customs.

for a domestic flight, maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea.

but for an international, i think you are just asking for more attention. not diverting it.

Nakom
10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
With some of the putas on PC in Sosua you should invest your money in some dink wrap instead.

slipheed
10-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the input gent's.
I think I will pass on it.