PDA

View Full Version : No smoking in Classico's

WickedWillie
10-28-2010, 12:35 PM
As of this week there is now no smoking allowed in Classico's.

Guessing the owner is under pressure to comply with the law:wink:

mikelodge
10-28-2010, 12:42 PM

So no more risk of betting burned our burn holes in your clothes and coming out smelling like smoke. I can live with that and live longer not breathing that. I am assuming we were talking about cigerettes and cigars :lol::wink:

vewdew
10-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Well Well, one more place I cant smoke.

vewdew
10-28-2010, 12:45 PM
So no more risk of betting burned our burn holes in your clothes and coming out smelling like smoke. I can live with that and live longer not breathing that. I am assuming we were talking about cigerettes and cigars :lol::wink:

I do agree with you, even knowing that I am a smoker, but when I get a few drinks in me I want to smoke, I guess I have to go outside.

Choirboy
10-28-2010, 12:55 PM

Gracias a Dios that I quit smoking in February or I'd be pissed. I always smoked like a fiend in there.

Tiger
10-28-2010, 01:11 PM
That is good news but I wonder how they will be able to, or even want to, enforce it.

Passport Playa
10-28-2010, 01:19 PM

In a Marv Albert voice, all I will say is: YES!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Bangkok

mikelodge
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM
I do agree with you, even knowing that I am a smoker, but when I get a few drinks in me I want to smoke, I guess I have to go outside.

That goes away after a few months of not smoking. I remember when I first quit and went in the bar. I would chew a nicorette gum every 15 minutes. :lol: But when the bars here went smoke free a couple years ago I had no choice but to quit or go out and freeze in the winter.

The Sage
10-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes, yes, and double yes.

TONYTNT40
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Its amazing guys go into whorehouses and they are worried about their clothes being burnt with and smelling like smoke. What world are you guys living in? (fantasyland) I wish I can go to a whorehouse and come out smelling like roses too, but come on. If you dont want to get wet, dont go outside in the rain. Classico is a shady whorehouse, with a lot of questionable characters. You can get pick pocketed, stabbed, or shot and you guys worried about smelling like smoke. TRy not to get burned twice and please wear a condom when taking a whore from Classico's. I remember when Help banned ash trays, but didnt ban smoking. I asked the waiter why? He said the girls, would throw ash tray at people during fights. I asked, whats going to stop them from throwing bottles now?

getrhythm
10-28-2010, 02:10 PM
That is good news but I wonder how they will be able to, or even want to, enforce it.

Well, I innocently lit up a cigarette at one of the tables surrounding the dance floor this past Sunday night, and three security guards were all over me within about ten seconds. I didn't waste any time putting it out.

One of the guards pointed somewhere towards the front area where apparently some notification was posted, but I didn't see it. Anyways, yes - definitely non-smoking for the time being at least.

The Sage
10-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Its amazing guys go into whorehouses and they are worried about their clothes being burnt with and smelling like smoke. What world are you guys living in? (fantasyland) I wish I can go to a whorehouse and come out smelling like roses too, but come on. If you dont want to get wet, dont go outside in the rain. Classico is a shady whorehouse, with a lot of questionable characters. You can get pick pocketed, stabbed, or shot and you guys worried about smelling like smoke. TRy not to get burned twice and please wear a condom when taking a whore from Classico's. I remember when Help banned ash trays, but didnt ban smoking. I asked the waiter why? He said the girls, would throw ash tray at people during fights. I asked, whats going to stop them from throwing bottles now?

Tony, are you a smoker?

frecome
10-28-2010, 02:47 PM
They are really enforcing that law. Fines can be as high as RD$250,000 to the establishment.

Passport Playa
10-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Should I interpret this as meaning just because I like to f*ck, it is okay for me to inhale second hand smoke? Studies have shown that second hand smoke can greatly contribute to acquiring CANCER. Based upon your post, I should increase my risk of acquiring CANCER, just because I like to f*ck.

Your argument isn't very compelling (at least not IMO).

Dr. Bangkok

TONYTNT40
10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Tony, are you a smoker?

Yes Sage, I smoke occasionally, a pack of cigs may last me 3 weeks. The smoking ban in Classioc's wont affect me, because, I will not be there long enough to need a smoke. I always leave Classico by 2am.

Jimbo44
10-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I have never smoked and never will, but, how am I going to find my smoking girls for Bow Wow time now???

WickedWillie
10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
They are really enforcing that law. Fines can be as high as RD$250,000 to the establishment.

The no smoking in public places law has been in effect for a couple of years now.

Try smoking in a bar, club or restaurant in Santo Domingo. Ain't gonna happen.

The only other place I know that abides by this law on the north coast is inside Pomodoro's on Cabarete beach so this must be a 1st for Sosua and I'm guessing it's just a 'special' requirement for the law abiding owner of Classico's.

TONYTNT40
10-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Should I interpret this as meaning just because I like to f*ck, it is okay for me to inhale second hand smoke?

Dr. Bangkok

What I mean is, you are going in a Whorehouse, there are going to be risks involved, and smoking IMO, isnt the worst thing that can happen. I dont find your argument that compelling either. You want to fuck and not inhale smoke, why go upstairs where you know they smoke? You can stay outside and get the same girls, and avoid 2nd hand smoke, maybe. It like going into a cigar bar, and complaining about the smoke. "Its a fucking Cigar Bar", they smoke there, you dont like it stay out. My post wasnt about you or anyone in particular. I just see a lot of hypocrisy in some of the posts, the same guys complaining about 2nd hand smoke and cancer, are taking whores and fucking them bareback. Where are the complaints about AIDS? Lets get real here, you are going to a 3rd World country and going to a Whorehouse. There is going to be smoking.

mikelodge
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Should I interpret this as meaning just because I like to f*ck, it is okay for me to inhale second hand smoke? Studies have shown that second hand smoke can greatly contribute to acquiring CANCER. Based upon your post, I should increase my risk of acquiring CANCER, just because I like to f*ck.

Dr. Bangkok

Agreed and some of us don't wear a cheap ass 5 buck Tshirt (Not saying you do Tony) when we go to a club and don't want to get a nice shirt burned. Now if I go to a biker bar or country bar then I dress accordingly and have a leather jacket with plenty of burn marks.

When they try to pass the law in different states all the bars argue that it will hurt business. Having been in the bar business when the law took effect here I can tell you it didn't hurt except maybe on 10 super cold days.

Jimbo44
10-28-2010, 06:10 PM
I used to hate to come home smelling like an ashtray also, and very happy they passed this law here in NY yrs ago. However, I can honestly say i never really smell anything in Clssicos or come back to my room smelly. They must have good ventallation upthere.

whynotme
10-28-2010, 06:23 PM
i havn't smoked since i turned 15........and that was a long, long time ago.

when i started doing life on the instalment plan as a civil servant(corrections canada) i was out numbered 25 to 1 by smokers. by the time i took my golden handshake 16 years later it was down to 10 to 1. now i would say its down to 3 to 1.

when i opened my bar i built an out door patio that seated 35 for the smoking crowd but it ended up that during the day time there was only the odd smoker out there and we always got more complaints about smoking than not being allowed to smoke inside.

WickedWillie
10-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I used to hate to come home smelling like an ashtray also, and very happy they passed this law here in NY yrs ago. However, I can honestly say i never really smell anything in Clssicos or come back to my room smelly. They must have good ventallation upthere.

We call it air conditioning down here:wink:

Citynights
10-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Gracias a Dios that I quit smoking in February or I'd be pissed. I always smoked like a fiend in there.

good for you...will I be seeing you dec.17-jan.2

FritoBandito
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM

That FUCKING sucks....I am not a regular smoker but I do like to smoke when I drink....

Is that going to apply only to the disco upstairs (Classico) or the whole place including Merengue Club (downstairs)??????:eek:

Choirboy
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
good for you...will I be seeing you dec.17-jan.2

I will be in Sosua Nov.21- Dec.5 and then back Christmas day until Jan.8. I'll see you during the second trip. We should plan to have Christmas dinner with Wilfried and Allan.

Citynights
10-28-2010, 11:02 PM
I will be in Sosua Nov.21- Dec.5 and then back Christmas day until Jan.8. I'll see you during the second trip. We should plan to have Christmas dinner with Wilfried and Allan.

sounds like a plan...:ilike:

GrandePadre
10-28-2010, 11:31 PM

I never even noticed anyone smoking in there and I never smelled it on my clothes or in the air. But then again I was visually overwhelmed and my other sense shut down to give extra power to my eyes. LOL

The Sage
10-28-2010, 11:37 PM
What I mean is, you are going in a Whorehouse, there are going to be risks involved, and smoking IMO, isnt the worst thing that can happen. I dont find your argument that compelling either. You want to fuck and not inhale smoke, why go upstairs where you know they smoke? You can stay outside and get the same girls, and avoid 2nd hand smoke, maybe. It like going into a cigar bar, and complaining about the smoke. "Its a fucking Cigar Bar", they smoke there, you dont like it stay out. My post wasnt about you or anyone in particular. I just see a lot of hypocrisy in some of the posts, the same guys complaining about 2nd hand smoke and cancer, are taking whores and fucking them bareback. Where are the complaints about AIDS? Lets get real here, you are going to a 3rd World country and going to a Whorehouse. There is going to be smoking.

Tony, this is contorted dope fiend reasoning. You know that don't you?

mikelodge
10-29-2010, 12:03 AM
sounds like a plan...:ilike:

Who is Allen? Thats confusing
'

TONYTNT40
10-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Tony, this is contorted dope fiend reasoning. You know that don't you?

Seems like common sense to me. Its not that complicated. You are not going to come out of a Whorehouse smelling like roses. I dont understand the logic of those that think they can walk into place like that and come out squeaky clean. There are repercussions to everything you do in life. My favorite saying is, "this is the fucking you get, for the fucking you got".

nnjdave
10-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Passions now has a non-smoking section. Last night that section was dead, no chicas, so no customers. The rest of the bar is still approved for smoking, I saw about 1 in 10 was actually smoking.

Jonew1
10-29-2010, 09:07 PM
i will definatley still be going but i have to say im sorry to all you non smokers but i smoke and drinking and smoking go hand and hand for me and lots of other folks as well. i just hate to hear when places do something like this ...

howudoen
10-29-2010, 09:50 PM
I am 39 years old, started smoking when I was 13. I smoke 2 packs every day no matter what, sick or where ever I went, I would smoke. In the morning when my alarm would go off my hand would reach on the night table to grab a cigarette and light it and then shut off my alarm. This past Sunday I woke up with a bad cough and by Monday couldn't take a breath without coughing so bad I could've woke the dead. Monday morning as every morning before I lit a cigarette before my eyes opened in the morning. I couldn't even take half a drag without choking. I took my cigarettes and threw them in the garbage and haven't had a cigarette since. That was 4 days ago and am still smoke free. Never could I imagine an hour going by (forget about a day) without a cigarette. Point of my boring ass story is, if I could stop anyone can stop.

Here in N.Y. cigarettes are $9.40 a pack X's 2 packs a day, not to mention the 1.5 million life insurance policy I just took out 4 months ago when my kid was born, cost me about $530 a month. Fucking insane.

I never understood the social smoker or the pack or 2 a week smoker. For me it was I needed 2 packs a day period. I tried many times to try and cut down to maybe a pack a day but never successful. I blamed it on my very stressful job (working for myself and having 30 employees) need I say more.

Anyone else have any quitting stories. I could use some encouragement as I am watching college football right now jonesing for a smoke.

Jonew1
10-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I am 39 years old, started smoking when I was 13. I smoke 2 packs every day no matter what, sick or where ever I went, I would smoke. In the morning when my alarm would go off my hand would reach on the night table to grab a cigarette and light it and then shut off my alarm. This past Sunday I woke up with a bad cough and by Monday couldn't take a breath without coughing so bad I could've woke the dead. Monday morning as every morning before I lit a cigarette before my eyes opened in the morning. I couldn't even take half a drag without choking. I took my cigarettes and threw them in the garbage and haven't had a cigarette since. That was 4 days ago and am still smoke free. Never could I imagine an hour going by (forget about a day) without a cigarette. Point of my boring ass story is, if I could stop anyone can stop.

Here in N.Y. cigarettes are $9.40 a pack X's 2 packs a day, not to mention the 1.5 million life insurance policy I just took out 4 months ago when my kid was born, cost me about $530 a month. Fucking insane.

I never understood the social smoker or the pack or 2 a week smoker. For me it was I needed 2 packs a day period. I tried many times to try and cut down to maybe a pack a day but never successful. I blamed it on my very stressful job (working for myself and having 30 employees) need I say more.

Anyone else have any quitting stories. I could use some encouragement as I am watching college football right now jonesing for a smoke.

congraduations on your success in quitting ! thats awsome.....for me its not about not being able to quit i actually enjoy a smoke when im drinking.

howudoen
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM
congraduations on your success in quitting ! thats awsome.....for me its not about not being able to quit i actually enjoy a smoke when im drinking.

I also enjoyed it when I was drinking, eating, fucking, standing, sitting,driving, sleeping, watching tv, gambling, breathing and any other thing you could think of.

MisterPink
10-29-2010, 10:58 PM

Bad news. I am not smoker, but bad news. like NO PARKING signs and tow aways.

With each new restrictive oppressive law like this one we are brought closer and closer back to the US life that we desperately try to escape at least for a while in places like Bangkok, Sosua, Boca Chica.

Right, no parking and no smoking gives us some comfort. But the price we are going to pay for it eventually does not justify it.

In our interests is to keep those few hidden heavenly spots on the fucking LE planet for ourselves without any changes at all.

Or be prepared for a sting operation on Pedro Clisante next.

DMV
10-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Bad news. I am not smoker, but bad news. like NO PARKING signs and tow aways.

With each new restrictive oppressive law like this one we are brought closer and closer back to the US life that we desperately try to escape at least for a while in places like Bangkok, Sosua, Boca Chica.

I'm not a smoker, I actually hate smokers, the smell that lingers on your clothes, the smell in your house and car. The nasty butts all over the streets. I don't allow it in my house or car.

Hey but guess what, if I walk into a bar or club I expect smoke. If I don't like it I will leave. As BCguy pointed out I want to escape the rules of US life. I want to able to fuck who I want, drink what I want without someone's rules. I would add smoking but I'm not one ( well the occasional cigar).

Also I find it funny that DR has this rule. With all the F'n problems this country has, this is the one they actually enforce.

We are dealing with Hos in Sosua. drinking and smoking comes with the territory. I'm not a smoker but I don't like this law. I don't like it in America and now it's has come to DR.
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/140624ccb9dfd08aac.jpg

getrhythm
10-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Classicos actually still has a 'defacto' smoking area, which is now the fire escape area outside. The door is located at the end of that small sitting area as you just enter the club. It leads down a flight of stairs to a small area at the bottom. You can smoke on the stairs or in the area at the bottom.

This has some advantages, as in if you're not feeling a chica, it gives you another excuse besides 'bano' to break away from her...

TC
10-30-2010, 02:41 PM

Congratulations!!! I am a fomer pack-a-day man who tried to quit many times before actually succeeding. I remember day 4 very well. Right now, it's hard to imaging never having anothing one, just take it one day at a time. I know it's a cliche, but it's a cliche for a reason. I'm rooting for you!!!

TC
10-30-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm surprised no one has brought up the question of how this might impact the scene at Classicos. A good portion of the girls smoke, especially while drinking, and, as a former smoker, I know they will either go outside or suffer nicotine fits. If they go outside, they risk losing a customer. Even though there are many guys outside, these girls chose to be inside for a reason.

We've all had girls ask us for a high price we didn't want to pay and have them walk away while we each look for someone else. But if a girl is going through a nicotine fit, is it possible that she will agree to a lower price than she ordinarily would, just so she can close the deal AND have a cigarette on the way to the hotel?

Granted this is wishful thinking on my part, but a person's thinking can be influenced by a nicotine fit, just like it can by hunger, thirst, heat, cold, horniness, having to go to the bathroom, the DTs or addiction to any other drug.

I'd be interested in everyone's thought on this, but especially people have ever had a nictotine fit.

JuanElGriego
10-30-2010, 03:05 PM
I've actually found an extremely low pct of girls that smoke in all the time i've spent in the DR.

eldorob
10-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I've actually found an extremely low pct of girls that smoke in all the time i've spent in the DR.

I would second that, they would rather spend in on their hair.

mikelodge
10-30-2010, 03:52 PM

Take up weed for a short time. It will satisfy your need to smoke and make you forgetful so you would remember you want a cig. :lol: Only kidding that is frowned upon

The Sage
10-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Take up weed for a short time. It will satisfy your need to smoke and make you forgetful so you would remember you want a cig. :lol: Only kidding that is frowned upon

Only if you don't live in LA. Medicinal marajuana his a big following here. Folks invent diseases so that they can buy weed. Smoke a joint a day or two packs of cigs a day. I have no doubt 95% of physicians would recommend the former.

Passport Playa
10-31-2010, 07:06 AM
I'm surprised no one has brought up the question of how this might impact the scene at Classicos. A good portion of the girls smoke, especially while drinking, and, as a former smoker, I know they will either go outside or suffer nicotine fits. If they go outside, they risk losing a customer. Even though there are many guys outside, these girls chose to be inside for a reason.

We've all had girls ask us for a high price we didn't want to pay and have them walk away while we each look for someone else. But if a girl is going through a nicotine fit, is it possible that she will agree to a lower price than she ordinarily would, just so she can close the deal AND have a cigarette on the way to the hotel?

Granted this is wishful thinking on my part, but a person's thinking can be influenced by a nicotine fit, just like it can by hunger, thirst, heat, cold, horniness, having to go to the bathroom, the DTs or addiction to any other drug.

I'd be interested in everyone's thought on this, but especially people have ever had a nictotine fit.

IMO, it is ludicrous for anyone to think/believe that having a non-smoking policy will have an affect on whether or not chicas continue to patronize Classicos. Let's not forget the main reasons why chicas patronize Sosua in the first place: They need money for pampers, they need money for milk, they need money because their mother needs an operation, they need money for food, they need money to pay rent, they need money for the salon, etc.. The list goes on and on and on! That said, do you reaaly think some smoking ban is going to greatly affect whether or not chicas continue their paper chase? For the record, "it's all about the Benjamins, Dawg"!

Mr. B

mikelodge
10-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Only if you don't live in LA. Medicinal marajuana his a big following here. Folks invent diseases so that they can buy weed. Smoke a joint a day or two packs of cigs a day. I have no doubt 95% of physicians would recommend the former.

And it smells so much sweeter :lol:

Trib
10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
I quit 14 years ago and smoked 2 paks a day back then. I didn't mind the smoking until it go blown in my face or when someone had one on the dance floor. I am glad they did it as now I don't have to air out my clothes.

For the record I subscribe to live and let live, I will troll the smoking area just to see if a cutie has dsl's and can give me a rise LOL

Seville
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM
In many places it is just plain good business to have a no smoking establishment, especially in the states and Canada. The vast majority of people there do not smoke and the numbers of those that do keep shrinking. If you run a business are you going to cater to a customer base of 80% or 20% of the people? I quit years ago but it doesn't bother me if others smoke. Many people don't feel that way and will avoid places where there are smokers.

In NY prior to the no smoking law many people were saying things like bars would go out of business or bowling alleys would shut down. Whatever. None of that ever happened.

GrandePadre
10-31-2010, 11:30 PM
In many places it is just plain good business to have a no smoking establishment, especially in the states and Canada. The vast majority of people there do not smoke and the numbers of those that do keep shrinking. If you run a business are you going to cater to a customer base of 80% or 20% of the people? I quit years ago but it doesn't bother me if others smoke. Many people don't feel that way and will avoid places where there are smokers.

In NY prior to the no smoking law many people were saying things like bars would go out of business or bowling alleys would shut down. Whatever. None of that ever happened.

Yep I thought when they made DC no smoking that a lot of bars would die. Once it started, I actually enjoyed it. People hate change. But sometimes change is for the better.

Passport Playa
11-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Yep I thought when they made DC no smoking that a lot of bars would die. Once it started, I actually enjoyed it. People hate change. But sometimes change is for the better.

You hit the nail right on the head (my dude). PEOPLE HATE CHANGE! And to those whom this applies to: Either accept change or run the risk of finding yourself left behind.

Dr. Bangkok

SrSuerte
11-01-2010, 10:17 AM
IMO, it is ludicrous for anyone to think/believe that having a non-smoking policy will have an affect on whether or not chicas continue to patronize Classicos. Let's not forget the main reasons why chicas patronize Sosua in the first place: They need money for pampers, they need money for milk, they need money because their mother needs an operation, they need money for food, they need money to pay rent, they need money for the salon, etc.. The list goes on and on and on! That said, do you reaaly think some smoking ban is going to greatly affect whether or not chicas continue their paper chase? For the record, "it's all about the Benjamins, Dawg"!

Mr. B

Papi Chulo needs the money sometimes too!

DMV
11-01-2010, 11:09 AM

Bars didn't die because we are social creatures, people adapt to change. Also drinking is more popular than smoking. I don't think smoking makes a girl get loose but I know drinking does.

I'm as liberal as they come but I don't believe in forcing a business to not allow something that is legal to be consumed in their establishments. You can't regulate behavior. Let the market decide. If more non smokers ( like myself) stop coming to your establishment you will change or get left behind.

I still find it funny, that guys dont mind kissing a Ho on the mouth that's been with, who knows how many men, but can't stand smoke on her. :rofl::rofl::rofl

Once again, I'm not a smoker, but I have other vices and drinking and whores are two of them. I can't do those out in the open in America, so that's one of the reason I travel. Are those going to go away one day?

TC
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Mr. B

You completely misread my post. No one questioned whether the chicas would ontinue to PATRONIZE Classicos. The question was.....Screw it. You can re-read it yourself.

TC
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Very true!And decades before that, when smoking was banned on the subways, people said no one would take the subway anymore.

I still can't get a seat.

TC
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm as liberal as they come but I don't believe in forcing a business to not allow something that is legal to be consumed in their establishments. You can't regulate behavior. Let the market decide.

In New York, the rationale was about providing a non-smoking working environment for everyone, regardless of where they work. In other words, a server in a bar and an office worker both having an equal right to that.

While smoking is certainly more associated with bars than office buildings, I am old enough to remember having a big full ash tray on my desk. An argument could be made that eliminating smoking from office buildings was also "forcing a business to not allow something that is legal to be consumed in their establishments".

You CAN regulate behavior. Every law on the books seeks to do just that.

DMV
11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
An argument could be made that eliminating smoking from office buildings was also "forcing a business to not allow something that is legal to be consumed in their establishments".

You might be able to make that argument but that's a long stretch. I wouldn't walk into a office environment and expect loud music, smoking, drinking, and a disco ball hanging from th ceiling. Now if your job is in a Whore house that's a different story.

Making a law is an attempt to regulate behavior, it doesn't work. People still drink, still smoke and still partake in "Illegal drug use." Oh and Still fuck Whores

Passport Playa
11-01-2010, 12:33 PM
You completely misread my post. No one questioned whether the chicas would ontinue to PATRONIZE Classicos. The question was.....Screw it. You can re-read it yourself.

Perhaps you forgot you included the following in your post: "I'm surprised no one has brought up the question of how this might impact the scene at Classicos."

My comment was directly related to this statement. Maybe just maybe, I still do possess outstanding reading comprehension "skillz"??? However, I thank you for your comment.

Mr. Bangkok

MisterPink
11-01-2010, 10:25 PM

Looks like you graduated from Ivy League and serve in NY police now.
Good for you.

As for us, we spend hundreds of bucks on tickets and another hundreds and hundreds on hotels and such just to be able to free from the society that "regulates our behavior". And we`ll try to do anything in our power not to allow our wonderful Sosua to be "behaviour regulated" by the Big Brother with Big Stick and Long Arms.

Classico must be boycotted for daring to "regulate our behavior" . This old fat Italian SOAB should take his lesson and stop messing with us.

I do not smoke, but he deserves our boycote. He stepped over the line. If we allow it non-challenged, the next thing we`ll see - sting operation on Pedro Clisante.

Hoseman
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Bravo BC

TONYTNT40
11-02-2010, 12:21 PM
As for us, we spend hundreds of bucks on tickets and another hundreds and hundreds on hotels and such just to be able to free from the society that "regulates our behavior". And we`ll try to do anything in our power not to allow our wonderful Sosua to be "behaviour regulated" by the Big Brother with Big Stick and Long Arms.

Great post, my sentiments exactly. We leave the US to get away from their rules and regulations.

TC
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
You might be able to make that argument but that's a long stretch. I wouldn't walk into a office environment and expect loud music, smoking, drinking, and a disco ball hanging from th ceiling. Now if your job is in a Whore house that's a different story.

Making a law is an attempt to regulate behavior, it doesn't work. People still drink, still smoke and still partake in "Illegal drug use." Oh and Still fuck Whores

As I said, smoking is MORE associated with bars than offices, but I can still remember a time when I wouldn't even think of beginning my workday without a cigarette at my desk. And I don't think I'm the only one. It was associated.

As far as loud music, drinking and a disco ball, I agree.

There are laws against killing, rape, robbery, jaywalking, etc. They are all attempts to regulate behavior. And they are all sometimes broken. Sometimes the people who break those laws are punished. Sometimes not. Whether or not that means these attempts to regulate behavior, "work" is a discussion far too metaphyical for me.

But the law was not designed to prevent people from smoking altogether. I mentioned above the rationale in NY. I don't know what it was in the DR.

TC
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Looks like you graduated from Ivy League and serve in NY police now.
Good for you.

Classico must be boycotted for daring to "regulate our behavior" . This old fat Italian SOAB should take his lesson and stop messing with us.

I do not smoke, but he deserves our boycote. He stepped over the line. If we allow it non-challenged, the next thing we`ll see - sting operation on Pedro Clisante.

Personally, I go to bang chicas. To each his own.

TC
11-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Perhaps you forgot you included the following in your post: "I'm surprised no one has brought up the question of how this might impact the scene at Classicos."

My comment was directly related to this statement. Maybe just maybe, I still do possess outstanding reading comprehension "skillz"??? However, I thank you for your comment.

Mr. Bangkok

Fair enough.

DMV
11-02-2010, 04:00 PM
As I said, smoking is MORE associated with bars than offices, but I can still remember a time when I wouldn't even think of beginning my workday without a cigarette at my desk. And I don't think I'm the only one. It was associated.

TC are you really Don Draper, from Mad Men? Funny this season was about them breaking away from advertising cigarettes, but not by choice,

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/140624cd06b8a09bfe.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/140624cd06fe612002.jpg

DCIronman
11-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Personally, I go to bang chicas. To each his own.

Me too, among other things.;)

I have no problem at all with rules and regulations. Wouldn't want to live anywhere that didn't have them.

nnjdave
11-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Just got back home, and I can state this with certainty: Classico's this week at least is not seeing ill affects from the smoking ban. I haven't been in there for quite a while, but can attest to what I saw in there during the Halloween party, we couldn't even get a drink after about 12:30. It was as packed as anywhere I've ever been. I had to circle the joint twice, once to get Robert13212 and his girl, and then again to get NJ_Hobby and his 2 girls. They had both gone past us, within feet, and never saw us.

Passport Playa
11-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Just got back home, and I can state this with certainty: Classico's this week at least is not seeing ill affects from the smoking ban. I haven't been in there for quite a while, but can attest to what I saw in there during the Halloween party, we couldn't even get a drink after about 12:30. It was as packed as anywhere I've ever been. I had to circle the joint twice, once to get Robert13212 and his girl, and then again to get NJ_Hobby and his 2 girls. They had both gone past us, within feet, and never saw us.

Based upon such, I think it's safe to assume that people have begun adapting to change. Just imagine how great this world would be if those from "First World Countries" were willing to accept change in such a manner.

Dr. B

FritoBandito
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Even though I'm American, I've come to learn that Americans, when compared to other people from around the world, are the most uptight, bigoted, selfish, belligerent, and conceited people in existence. I'm not saying ALL Americans, but there is a good percentage of the population that makes me deeply ashamed.

Americans like to be "in control" of anyone and anything. Just look at US world policies and social policies at home.

Too many rules and regulations in the US, Americans like to regulate everything and create a law for it.

I like the lax social laws in the DR. If I want to walk down the street drinking a beer, that's fine. Can't do that here at home or I would be arrested for having an "open container." If I want to smoke a cigarette, when drinking in a bar or restaurant, I can.

When I go to the DR, I feel more free, and I don't feel that "big brother" is breathing down my neck as I do in the US. :eek:

And that's my two centavos......

TC
11-03-2010, 01:23 PM
TC are you really Don Draper, from Mad Men? Funny this season was about them breaking away from advertising cigarettes, but not by choice,

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/140624cd06b8a09bfe.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/140624cd06fe612002.jpg)

I don't watch the show, but thanks for posting the pics. Nice rack on the last one!

DMV
11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't watch the show, but thanks for posting the pics. Nice rack on the last one!

If you get a chance check it out, great show. It's set during the time period where everyone smoked and even had a drink or two at work.

DMV
11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
If I want to walk down the street drinking a beer, that's fine. Can't do that here at home or I would be arrested for having an "open container." If I want to smoke a cigarette, when drinking in a bar or restaurant, I can.

When I go to the DR, I feel more free, and I don't feel that "big brother" is breathing down my neck as I do in the US. :eek:

And that's my two centavos......

Now while you're walking down the street with a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other, don't forget you can pick up a 20 something for a nice session. Try doing that in America.

In my best Allen Iverson/Jim Mora voice: We talk'n about smoking in Classico? Classico? Classico? Classico? We ain't talk'n about some upscale Gentlemen's Club, We talk'n about Classicos in Sosua, Sosua, Sosua

TONYTNT40
11-03-2010, 02:20 PM
It's set during the time period where everyone smoked and even had a drink or two at work.

I hope its set in the late 80's, I remember this very well. Every Friday after lunch there were cases of beer in Fridge, and we drank until it was time to leave.

DMV
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I hope its set in the late 80's, I remember this very well. Every Friday after lunch there were cases of beer in Fridge, and we drank until it was time to leave.

LOL, No the show is set in the early 60's. When did the laws restricting smoking in the Government buildings start?

TONYTNT40
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
LOL, No the show is set in the early 60's. When did the laws restricting smoking in the Government buildings start?

I think maybe early 90"s.

SeaWeed
11-03-2010, 07:45 PM

I can remember a time when we would smoke cigars at our desk!

boy there sure seemed to be a lot of smokers in Classicos when I was there last year - happy with the change

FritoBandito
11-03-2010, 09:48 PM
If I'm going to pick up a chica, I'll pick her up downstairs in the Merengue Bar. I hardly ever pick one up in Classicos.

I haven't heard yet, is the smoking ban being implemented just in the disco, or is it the whole place, including downstairs at the Merengue???

Tell you the truth, I like to take my chicas to Club X where it's less crowded, or if that is closed, I'll go to Latinos. Least I can smoke in either place. :biggrin:

DMV
11-04-2010, 02:33 PM
If I'm going to pick up a chica, I'll pick her up downstairs in the Merengue Bar. I hardly ever pick one up in Classicos.

I haven't heard yet, is the smoking ban being implemented just in the disco, or is it the whole place, including downstairs at the Merengue???

Tell you the truth, I like to take my chicas to Club X where it's less crowded, or if that is closed, I'll go to Latinos. Least I can smoke in either place. :biggrin:

Did you say Club X? Just make sure when the bill comes you don't say, "What's this?"

FritoBandito
11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Did you say Club X? Just make sure when the bill comes you don't say, "What's this?"

I've never had a problem in there, and I usually pay for my drinks every time I order....

DMV
11-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I've never had a problem in there, and I usually pay for my drinks every time I order....

I was just joking, When I see anything about ClubX it reminds me of the the guy who said he was punched in the face, dragged to the bathroom and punched some more, all over "the price of his bar tab"

sporthobbyist
12-15-2010, 09:53 AM
I smoked for many years. I quit smoking on the regular this summer. I believe a smoker never actually quits. Just goes into hibernation. Like an alcoholic.

But when I travel, I smoke. Why not??? I am traveling to places where cigarettes cost nothing. Spending my time in bars. and banging hookers. Why not add smoking to the other vices.LOL Plus they are only 2.60 in Sosua.(They were only .90 in Phillipines!!!)

I have not been in Sosua since the first half of this year and I cannot imagine a place in Sosua actually having a smoking ban??? It is nuts. But I can say that all my trips to Sosua. Classicos was a place that I was in at nightly, but rarely smoked in. It is too crowded to smoke. I would go to the top of the stairs to light up. But almost never in the club. unless I was in a seat. Plus it was never smokey in Classicos, the A/C are working full time and if you watch the lights over the dance floor, you did not see a cloud of smoke.
I assume you can still smoke at the bar in Meregue Bar???
maybe now I will not run through a pack of cigarrettes per night, from putas grubbing them??

hughgrection
12-15-2010, 08:16 PM
I smoked for many years. I quit smoking on the regular this summer. I believe a smoker never actually quits. Just goes into hibernation. Like an alcoholic.

But when I travel, I smoke. Why not??? I am traveling to places where cigarettes cost nothing. Spending my time in bars. and banging hookers. Why not add smoking to the other vices.LOL Plus they are only 2.60 in Sosua.(They were only .90 in Phillipines!!!)

I have not been in Sosua since the first half of this year and I cannot imagine a place in Sosua actually having a smoking ban??? It is nuts. But I can say that all my trips to Sosua. Classicos was a place that I was in at nightly, but rarely smoked in. It is too crowded to smoke. I would go to the top of the stairs to light up. But almost never in the club. unless I was in a seat. Plus it was never smokey in Classicos, the A/C are working full time and if you watch the lights over the dance floor, you did not see a cloud of smoke.
I assume you can still smoke at the bar in Meregue Bar???
maybe now I will not run through a pack of cigarrettes per night, from putas grubbing them??

I quit ciggies in 1976 with them 12 bux a pack in NYC i could either smoke a pack a day or go 3 different weeks to sosua and bang 21 putas :)