PDA

View Full Version : NO LOBSTER!!!!

Don Tomas
04-12-2005, 02:23 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lobsters served on menus need to be imported ones since their capture is temporarily banned. The Ministry of Environment said that once stocks run out at the restaurants, these should remove lobsters from their menus until August, when they can be captured again. Victor Taveras, spokesman for Vesuvio restaurant, said that during the banned period when fresh lobster is not legally available, they offer their clients other seafood.

Jose Infante, in charge of fish resources for the Ministry of Environment urged all to comply with the regulation.

As reported in El Caribe, the leading lobster capture areas are the National Park of Jaragua, Banco de la Plata and Banco de la Navidad.

DEPUTY DAWG
04-12-2005, 07:26 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lobsters served on menus need to be imported ones since their capture is temporarily banned. The Ministry of Environment said that once stocks run out at the restaurants, these should remove lobsters from their menus until August, when they can be captured again. Victor Taveras, spokesman for Vesuvio restaurant, said that during the banned period when fresh lobster is not legally available, they offer their clients other seafood.

Jose Infante, in charge of fish resources for the Ministry of Environment urged all to comply with the regulation.

As reported in El Caribe, the leading lobster capture areas are the National Park of Jaragua, Banco de la Plata and Banco de la Navidad.

So WTF I'm getting more and more reasons to make this my first and last trip there and I touchdown in 42 more hours :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I don't know how much more bad news I can take before I even land there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First the asshole wannabe pimp mayor of detroit announceswide sweeping layoffs. I come home for a little R&R at my favorite board and all I get is more bad news DAMN!!!! DAMN!!!! DAMN !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tonto4
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Please, DT, lay-off the bad news. Putas crackdown and now a lobster ban. This country is FUCKED UP! :)

Don Tomas
04-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Please, DT, lay-off the bad news. Putas crackdown and now a lobster ban. This country is FUCKED UP! :)

I was just about to say, Don't Shoot the messenger Deputy!

Sorry guys but I read many DR related sites including local news papers to learn Spanish.

Tonto4
04-12-2005, 07:46 PM
don't worry dt, we know you are cool. 8)

DEPUTY DAWG
04-12-2005, 07:46 PM

I was just about to say, Don't Shoot the messenger Deputy!

Sorry guys but I read many DR related sites including local news papers to learn Spanish.

Naah, We aren't blaming you but damn. This is like waiting for a juicy suculent steak, you're starving, you've waited for months to get reservation to get in and you've read the reviews......... You sit down order your meal and just as the waiter comes through the kitchen door with your food high and majestic in his right hand...........The biggest f
*#in roach you've ever seen sits next to you on the table with a bib on and a fork in his hand cheering your steaks arrival with you :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

freakaccident
04-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Aww shit!! I was planning on eating lobster at least 3 or 4 times. Bastards! :(

will_blueprint
04-14-2005, 11:02 AM
dont you mean pusys freak :)

BrooklynBeas
04-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Eat Pussy, It Takes Like Lobster :shock:

They need to ban Camarones also... So the chicas can stop ordering the expensive shit!

freakaccident
04-14-2005, 11:06 AM
dont you mean pusys freak :)

That's a given. I was actually wanting real lobster too.

RearWindow
04-14-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm easy going, quiet, adaptable, and generally forgiving.But I am really fucking hacked about not getting putas AND NOW lobsters! I need a vacation... :x

psriches
04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm still gonna try cafe central in Charimicos!!

freakaccident
04-15-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm still gonna try cafe central in Charimicos!!

Fuck yeah we will. Im sure we can pig out on shrimp and maybe just maybe we will get lucky and be able to get some lobster. Not likely but screw it I can dream.

the_Jayman
04-15-2005, 10:40 PM
I fuckin LOVE shrimp . . .

but those ones on my plate, with the fuckin heads still on,

looking up at me . . .

:roll:

freaks me out man ! ! :(

El Drunko
04-16-2005, 03:27 AM
The Lobsters they have down there are like large shrimp anyway. Personally I don`t consider them "real" Being from the North East. Lobsters have to have claws, the ones down there are spiny lobsters, not a cold water veriety.

Besides they love to cook the shit out of them, always overcooked and dry.

While on the subject of the shrimp, why do they serve them hot? Isn`t shrimp cocktail supposed to be ice cold?

OK DRUNKO, you are winey, go back to bed!!!

psriches
04-16-2005, 11:31 AM
400 pesos for 4 lobster halves cooked Dominican style at Cafe Central. You just can't beat that!!

freakaccident
04-25-2005, 12:22 PM
400 pesos for 4 lobster halves cooked Dominican style at Cafe Central. You just can't beat that!!

Freakin ripoff IMHO. You fuckers didn't tell me the lobster in the DR are three inches long. $9 in mexico gets you TWO 9" lobster tails. Real Carribean lobster tails not langostinos. I can't bitch though Jimmy's girl made me a hell of a killer shrimp and lobster dinner. Cost me two MGDs. Thanks again Jimmy. Oh and I want that freakin recipe for that sauce that she put on the shrimp. Next time I'm down I am bringing a notepad to watch her make it.

gdogg
04-25-2005, 12:36 PM

Freakin ripoff IMHO. You fuckers didn't tell me the lobster in the DR are three inches long. $9 in mexico gets you TWO 9" lobster tails. Real Carribean lobster tails not langostinos. I can't bitch though Jimmy's girl made me a hell of a killer shrimp and lobster dinner. Cost me two MGDs. Thanks again Jimmy. Oh and I want that freakin recipe for that sauce that she put on the shrimp. Next time I'm down I am bringing a notepad to watch her make it.

I wonder if they used to be bigger.
:?

Don Tomas
04-25-2005, 02:49 PM

You must have gotten the gringo lobsters.

freakaccident
04-25-2005, 02:56 PM

You must have gotten the gringo lobsters.

I think I got the gringo everything. Oh well I had a blast and don't regret anything except coming home.

Don Tomas
04-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I think I got the gringo everything. Oh well I had a blast and don't regret anything except coming home.

Of course maybe that is why the lobsters are banned, they aren't getting big anymore. FYI The lobsters they have in Mexico are the species they have in Florida or in the DR. Unless they are flying down Maine lobsters.

freakaccident
04-25-2005, 03:10 PM

Of course maybe that is why the lobsters are banned, they aren't getting big anymore. FYI The lobsters they have in Mexico are the species they have in Florida or in the DR. Unless they are flying down Maine lobsters.

Yeah they are spiny lobsters. I don't like Maine lobster.