PDA

View Full Version : 11/2010 - Classicos VIP and Bottle service

GrandePadre
11-06-2010, 09:45 PM
I know a couple guys have arranged this, how do you go about arranging the VIP with table service. I think I am going to have several buddies coming down for the first time and I know they are going to want this. Anyone got a price list on the bottles?

princepointe
11-06-2010, 10:13 PM
I know a couple guys have arranged this, how do you go about arranging the VIP with table service. I think I am going to have several buddies coming down for the first time and I know they are going to want this. Anyone got a price list on the bottles?

It's kinda weird. It was one price when I went with one group and another when I went with the other. I believe you go to the bar the day before and reserve it.

GrandePadre
11-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Got a number, I am going to try and call closer to the trip.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/199204cd613ceb2473.jpg

bigtymer
11-07-2010, 01:20 AM
To reserve vip, you go to the downstairs club during the day and pay the manager. The cost for the circle room is 5k but you get to spend 1/2 of that on drinks and the club keeps the other 2.5k
The cost for the black couches above the dance floor is 5k also, but you get to spend all of it on drinks. So basically the couches are free, you just have to agree to spend 5k on drinks to reserve the area.
I don't remember the bottle prices except, I know a large bottle of Brugal is 700 peso with set-ups. I think a bottle of Grey Goose is about 3k maybe more.

vewdew
11-07-2010, 01:00 AM
DAMN $80.00 for a bottle of grey?

How much for a bottle of smirnoff at the supermercado?

GrandePadre
11-07-2010, 01:17 AM
DAMN $80.00 for a bottle of grey?

How much for a bottle of smirnoff at the supermercado?

80 is cheap, you are going to drop at least 300 in the states on a bottle.

jonblaze
11-07-2010, 08:52 AM
80 is cheap, you are going to drop at least 300 in the states on a bottle.

When you say Grey I'm assuming your referring to Grey Goose? The largest bottle of Grey goose available at my local store which is the 1.75 L is only 65 dollars.

GrandePadre
11-07-2010, 12:46 PM
When you say Grey I'm assuming your referring to Grey Goose? The largest bottle of Grey goose available at my local store which is the 1.75 L is only 65 dollars.

I am talking about bottle service at a night club. Yeah liquor store prices are cheap, night club prices are not.

joeybk
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
sacase

good question ive wondered myself but it wasnt important last trip as i was dole

i agree you spend close to 3 or better on a bottle in ny nightclub ,sooo 3k 5k pesos is a deal

Peruchonyc
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
To reserve vip, you go to the downstairs club during the day and pay the manager. The cost for the circle room is 5k but you get to spend 1/2 of that on drinks and the club keeps the other 2.5k
The cost for the black couches above the dance floor is 5k also, but you get to spend all of it on drinks. So basically the couches are free, you just have to agree to spend 5k on drinks to reserve the area.
I don't remember the bottle prices except, I know a large bottle of Brugal is 700 peso with set-ups. I think a bottle of Grey Goose is about 3k maybe more.

the small grey goose is 4000k, the big one is 8000k. cuervo is 3000k i believe...and if you got connections u never pay nothing for the vip...the circle or the black couches. my group never pays nothing I guess cause they know we are gonna spend well over 5000k for the night on drinks.

GrandePadre
11-07-2010, 06:20 PM
the small grey goose is 4000k, the big one is 8000k. cuervo is 3000k i believe...and if you got connections u never pay nothing for the vip...the circle or the black couches. my group never pays nothing I guess cause they know we are gonna spend well over 5000k for the night on drinks.

Thanks man. Any idea what a bottle of Patron costs?

Peruchonyc
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks man. Any idea what a bottle of Patron costs?

A shot of patron is 500 pesos....imagine the bottle...I never asked.....sorry
but i'll be back to sosua the last week of nov...i'll ask and let u know :)

The Sage
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
You just got to love "high rollers".

GrandePadre
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
You just got to love "high rollers".

I buy bottles in the States, if some of my buddies make it down so do they, so its not high rolling, its normal to me. We each roll different ways. :rolleyes:

GrandePadre
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
A shot of patron is 500 pesos....imagine the bottle...I never asked.....sorry
but i'll be back to sosua the last week of nov...i'll ask and let u know :)

Thanks, I appreciate the intel.

Hoseman
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I buy bottles in the States, if some of my buddies make it down so do they, so its not high rolling, its normal to me. We each roll different ways. :rolleyes:You are right we all do roll in different ways. Someone on Vacation is going to spend what ever they feel they can afford. I think Sage was just joking.He knows what he would see every week there.Guys are going to come down and spend a lot of money then we wonder why all of the people in Sosua think we are all rich and have unlimited money.They only can go by what they see. Hell I been down there 1 1/2 years and they still have problems comprehending the fact that I am not a tourist.

The Sage
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I buy bottles in the States, if some of my buddies make it down so do they, so its not high rolling, its normal to me. We each roll different ways. :rolleyes:

I live in LA. We have to drive everywhere so we tend to buy by the glass in order to monitor our state of inebriation. To be honest at home it's never really occurred to me to buy a bottle at a bar. My preference is to be cordial with the bartenders in the places I frequent. This tends to pay off quite well.

GrandePadre
11-07-2010, 08:00 PM
You are right we all do roll in different ways. Someone on Vacation is going to spend what ever they feel they can afford. I think Sage was just joking.He knows what he would see every week there.Guys are going to come down and spend a lot of money then we wonder why all of the people in Sosua think we are all rich and have unlimited money.They only can go by what they see. Hell I been down there 1 1/2 years and they still have problems comprehending the fact that I am not a tourist.

I have thick skin, I didn't take offense.

I live in LA. We have to drive everywhere so we tend to buy by the glass in order to monitor our state of inebriation. To be honest at home it's never really occurred to me to buy a bottle at a bar. My preference is to be cordial with the bartenders in the places I frequent. This tends to pay off quite well.

Sage, I am going to shoot you a PM when I am in LA again. I live in San Diego so I am always up that way. I agree fully, time and place. When I am back in DC with my people, we tend to get tables. Its nice to have a place to sit and also bring a female over to talk and pour her a drink, plus its cheaper in the long run. However, when I am at the local bar I am buying by the glass and shooting the shit with the Bartender.

vewdew
11-08-2010, 01:24 AM
This I can say You wont see my ass in that VIP thats for sure, I dont drink much in bars, but I do drink alot at the hotel.

I dont like to get wasted outside of my confort zone.

But I will buy some bottles at the supermercado so my ass can get wasted at the hotel :)

lobonegro
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
There are pros and cons to doing the VIP thing in Classicos...either way I enjoy it.
Sacase, to answer your questions the bottle prices/services are fairly reasonable compared to the states...I don't do the VIP much in Classicos...the last time I did it...we bought like 5 bottles of Henny a couple beers that was really it....I think it came up to about 500 and sumthin...it was ten guys total...so it wasnt really that expensive...and we def. finished off all those bottles...we were to the "oil"

GrandePadre
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
There are pros and cons to doing the VIP thing in Classicos...either way I enjoy it.
Sacase, to answer your questions the bottle prices/services are fairly reasonable compared to the states...I don't do the VIP much in Classicos...the last time I did it...we bought like 5 bottles of Henny a couple beers that was really it....I think it came up to about 500 and sumthin...it was ten guys total...so it wasnt really that expensive...and we def. finished off all those bottles...we were to the "oil"

5 Bottles of Henny...damn that's a good night.

jcrew2020
11-14-2010, 08:50 PM
You should take your friends to santiago one night and get bottle service in one the of the clubs. There are a lot of hot girls in santiago and it is a nice change from sousa.

riclagriclag
11-16-2010, 01:45 AM
You are right we all do roll in different ways. Someone on Vacation is going to spend what ever they feel they can afford. I think Sage was just joking.He knows what he would see every week there.Guys are going to come down and spend a lot of money then we wonder why all of the people in Sosua think we are all rich and have unlimited money.They only can go by what they see. Hell I been down there 1 1/2 years and they still have problems comprehending the fact
that I am not a tourist.

On that note, I remember a few years back when a crew came down from NYC?? They were flashing mucho denero's, in Classicos ordering top shelf booze for random chicas, Then, during there grand finally exit they start throwing paper money in the air watching all the girls have a free for all. One rotten banana spoils the bunch. That also reminds me of the time I was at a strip club in Mass. many years ago, 3 bikers came in order beers sit at the stage an proceeded to garter belt 10's 4x each ,and this was back in the day when they didn't have lap dances. My opinion: What a waste!!!
Ric
Excuse my Spellin!!

lobonegro
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
On that note, I remember a few years back when a crew came down from NYC?? They were flashing mucho denero's, in Classicos ordering top shelf booze for random chicas, Then, during there grand finally exit they start throwing paper money in the air watching all the girls have a free for all. One rotten banana spoils the bunch. That also reminds me of the time I was at a strip club in Mass. many years ago, 3 bikers came in order beers sit at the stage an proceeded to garter belt 10's 4x each ,and this was back in the day when they didn't have lap dances. My opinion: What a waste!!!
Ric
Excuse my Spellin!!

That's ridiculous...everyone wants to live that rapstar life....I can't even lie...during my first trip, I threw some dollars in the air...but I blame it on the al al al al alcohol....

lateforwork
11-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Heading down next month for my second trip and have been reading trip reports nonstop. I noticed a lot of guys/groups get the VIP in classico and order bottles. Just wondering how much the bottles go for and if there is any extra charge for VIP

balcoach
11-15-2011, 06:22 PM
VIP at classico's ( as of this past summer, we had got it for some reason)
5000 for the night and you get a 2500 bar tab.

Betcha bottles are pretty pricey in classico's considering a presidente will run you 150 there... so you can do the math.

Pay one of the security guards a few hundred pesos and get a booth or two along the rail, much better locale in my opinion.

As I sit here and write this, i am trying to remember the last time I was in classico... might have to make an appearance before i jet for a minute.

The Sage
11-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Coach, now you've gone a put a price on something that was always free. I have to throw a flag on you for that. :smile:

Betcha bottles are pretty pricey in classico's considering a presidente will run you 150 there... so you can do the math.

Pay one of the security guards a few hundred pesos and get a booth or two along the rail, much better locale in my opinion.

As I sit here and write this, i am trying to remember the last time I was in classico... might have to make an appearance before i jet for a minute.

balcoach
11-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Coach, now you've gone a put a price on something that was always free. I have to throw a flag on you for that. :smile:

Your right Sage... if you get there early and post up, u got those booth's for free... I will restate that ..... a tip to the security will clear out an occupied booth for you!!!!!

lateforwork
11-15-2011, 06:43 PM
haha gotcha, thanks. doesnt seem worth it, I like to be in and out of there

JuanElGriego
11-15-2011, 07:23 PM

Exactly. All holed up in that back corner, I wouldn't sit in that VIP area for free never mind pay for the privelege, but some guys seem to like it.

Now Copa is a different story. You're right on top of the action in the VIP. :bigthumbup:

foxracing
11-15-2011, 07:26 PM

then why get the vip? if your in and out just go upstairs walk around, hunt, find your prey, and then proceed to eat it in your hotel room :mrgreen:

BigLongBeach
11-15-2011, 09:45 PM

then why get the vip? if your in and out just go upstairs walk around, hunt, find your prey, and then proceed to eat it in your hotel room :mrgreen:

Good Point Fox, Late4work i dont know if you have done VIP in classicos but doing VIP in DR isnt like doing VIP in the states. When i do VIP in the states i do it for the comfort, ease, and security. Those dont exist in DR. The security guards arent going to look after your stuff and you are going to have hookers in and out so you can see the risks.

If your looking for a place to post up and have your drinks just do a booth just travel light. If you are planning a wild party then the private VIP might be cool.

lateforwork
11-15-2011, 09:48 PM

lmao true that. I was just considering it to see how much the bottles were. I go out in NYC almost every week, i leave the city to get away from being bottled everywhere I go. In the city a bottle is 300 min, in Queens you can get away with 150. I'm going to be rolling with a few guys, guess Ill chip in if they're down, maybe invite a few chicas over.

BigLongBeach
11-15-2011, 09:56 PM
lmao true that. I was just considering it to see how much the bottles were. I go out in NYC almost every week, i leave the city to get away from being bottled everywhere I go. In the city a bottle is 300 min, in Queens you can get away with 150. I'm going to be rolling with a few guys, guess Ill chip in if they're down, maybe invite a few chicas over.

Brugal will be cheap. I think its about 1000rd.

stuff like greygoose is gonna be more than 3500rd.

rule of thumb is local alcohol will be cheaper, imported alcohol will go for the gringo price.

JuanElGriego
11-16-2011, 10:53 AM

rule of thumb is local alcohol will be cheaper, imported alcohol will go for the gringo price.

Ciroc and a jug of Cranberry came out to about 4000 .... were we buying drinks and shots like usual the cost would have been much higher.

Seville
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Ciroc and a jug of Cranberry came out to about 4000 .... were we buying drinks and shots like usual the cost would have been much higher.

I must be a no class, no style, no money kind of lowlife because I don't even know what that is.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JuanElGriego
11-16-2011, 11:12 AM

You can still order a bottle without doing the VIP area in Classico.

You can get a booth, be closer to the action and have a much better view of all the prospective talent around, and not have thirsty bitches peeking into that corny little VIP area tucked in the back, hoping to get asked to come in .... and then have to deal with telling them they need to get out if they're acting stupid or you're simply not feeling them.

Now if you already got girls and you just want to chill in there with your buddies and girls, i guess the VIP there can work.

TNT72
11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I must be a no class, no style, no money kind of lowlife because I don't even know what that is.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Its taken you a long time to realize that!!

Seville
11-16-2011, 11:17 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Its taken you a long time to realize that!!

I've always had a suspicion but this was like a reality slap in the face.:(

JuanElGriego
11-16-2011, 11:21 AM

Yeah yeah, keep playing that 'oh shucks' role on here.

Robert's from Syracuse everybody ... and very proud of it ... so if you ever see a guy wearing a 'Cuse Carmelo Anthony jersey standing in the middle of the Classico dance floor with a bottle of Cognac in his hand ... don't be shy ... walk up and say hello to Robert. He's good people. :bigthumbup:

TNT72
11-16-2011, 11:22 AM

You can get a booth, be closer to the action and have a much better view of all the prospective talent around, and not have thirsty bitches peeking into that corny little VIP area tucked in the back, hoping to get asked to come in .... and then have to deal with telling them they need to get out if they're acting stupid or you're simply not feeling them.

Now if you already got girls and you just want to chill in there with your buddies and girls, i guess the VIP there can work.

I went in with balcoach for the VIP that night. Then Ryatt and his guys had it the next night, so I was there 2 nights in a row.

Fucking hated that spot!

First, you can't see shit happening in the rest of the club, because everyone stands right in front of the VIP, and blocks your view.

Second, one night, there were some dudes that were being pricks, and not moving when I was trying to get out and go to the banos. Trying to mean mug me into starting some shit with there big asses (I won't say it was the jetblue weekend warrior crowd, because I know some guys get worked up when others say that. But, I will say they were from the NorthEast coast from their accents). I learned that night that a 200 peso tip to the bouncers gets more than a booth cleared. A bouncer cleared my path everytime I walked out of the VIP that night. Damn those guys were pissed after that!

I prefer the booths myself.

TNT72
11-16-2011, 11:24 AM

Robert's from Syracuse everybody ... and very proud of it ... so if you ever see a guy wearing a 'Cuse Carmelo Anthony jersey standing in the middle of the Classico dance floor with a bottle of Cognac in his hand ... don't be shy ... walk up and say hello to Robert. He's good people. :bigthumbup:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

JuanElGriego
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I went in with balcoach for the VIP that night. Then Ryatt and his guys had it the next night, so I was there 2 nights in a row.

Fucking hated that spot!

First, you can't see shit happening in the rest of the club, because everyone stands right in front of the VIP, and blocks your view.

Exactly.

Second, one night, there were some dudes that were being pricks, and not moving when I was trying to get out and go to the banos. Trying to mean mug me into starting some shit with there big asses (I won't say it was the jetblue weekend warrior crowd, because I know some guys get worked up when others say that. But, I will say they were from the NorthEast coast from their accents). I learned that night that a 200 peso tip to the bouncers gets more than a booth cleared. A bouncer cleared my path everytime I walked out of the VIP that night. Damn those guys were pissed after that!

I prefer the booths myself.

Remember that night we walked into Classico and you were like "damn, no booth spots" and i was like 'don't worry, i'll get us a fuckin' booth".

You slunk off and two minutes later i was calling at you "over here!!!" .. and you were like "how'd you do that"??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

One hand washes the other and that holds true everywhere in the world. In a shithole like Classico all it takes is a couple hundred pesos, elsewhere it takes more, but the fact remains the same. :iconTU:

Seville
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM

Yes, Syracuse, the Cognac capital of the world. Just before I left I was sipping some Cognac (do you actually sip it??) with Beyonce, Donald Trump and the President of France outside the Carrier Dome.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TNT72
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Exactly.

Remember that night we walked into Classico and you were like "damn, no booth spots" and i was like 'don't worry, i'll get us a fuckin' booth".

You slunk off and two minutes later i was calling at you "over here!!!" .. and you were like "how'd you do that"??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

One hand washes the other and that holds true everywhere in the world. In a shithole like Classico all it takes is a couple hundred pesos, elsewhere it takes more, but the fact remains the same. :iconTU:

When I asked you how you got one, you replied " I've been coming her for fucking years, they know me". That was the night I realized that a little goes a long way there.

With so many trips this year, the waiters now fight to find me the best spot, as soon as I walk in. But I still give one certain bouncer a couple hundred pesos each night, just for a little CYA. He is never far away, and always keeps an eye on me.

Who knows what shit I can get myself into!!

adios
11-16-2011, 12:51 PM

1 bottle of brugal (700ml) is 300 pesos.
1 bottle of coke (2l) is 600 pesos.

on my last trip we always got two brugals and the coke for 1200 pesos total. enough booze for 3 guys. so 1 person pays about 450-500 incl. a tip.

lateforwork
11-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Oh crap, I just realized what you guys are talking about. I thought the booths upstairs was the VIP, I forgot about that room further back in the corner (Only made one trip so far). yea, that def looks like a waste of time...I'll stick to the booths since that seems to be where the actions is.

joeybk
11-16-2011, 10:27 PM
1 bottle of brugal (700ml) is 300 pesos.
1 bottle of coke (2l) is 600 pesos.

on my last trip we always got two brugals and the coke for 1200 pesos total. enough booze for 3 guys. so 1 person pays about 450-500 incl. a tip.

I thought the small bottle of brugal was 300 pesos an the large bottle 600 or 700 ,but i was usually feeling real good by that point

2 bottles was nescessary some nights not really though :rofl:

I agree with TNT never did the vip thing but that section is always jammed up ,We would get a bottle or 3 an sit at the tables by the bar in the back great view an service aswell

tgunz
11-17-2011, 10:45 AM
I thought the small bottle of brugal was 300 pesos an the large bottle 600 or 700 ,but i was usually feeling real good by that point

I agree with TNT never did the vip thing but that section is always jammed up ,We would get a bottle or 3 an sit at the tables by the bar in the back great view an service aswell

You are correct, about the bottle prices. They are in that range depending on the type of brugal. I believe enejo i s the most expensive at 350 pequeno and 700 Grande. You pay for extra soda! I prefer the tall tables by the dance floor, but I am a dancing fool.

adios
11-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Sorry, my bad. Nevertheless, it's cheap compared to the Presidentes for 150 pesos...

JuanElGriego
11-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Sorry, my bad. Nevertheless, it's cheap compared to the Presidentes for 150 pesos...

Yes, i should also note the Ciroc price i quoted was at Copa not Classico.

joeybk
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM

Anint that the truth after 10 - 20 threwout the day mix with congac ,the presidentes got no love at night

But i must thank Mr smooth for introducing me to ron barcelo ,it was much smoother than Brugal an i enjoyed it straight up with that beautiful Cigar i was blessed with from Ryatt, Alec bradley if i recall correct .Thanks again to both those most kind gentlemen

Irie
11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Anint that the truth after 10 - 20 threwout the day mix with congac ,the presidentes got no love at night

Huh??? I beg to differ :smile:. Although a little vodka/ redbull always hit the spot when the sun went down.

SeaWeed
11-17-2011, 01:06 PM
it's cheap compared to the Presidentes for 150 pesos...
when did the go up to $150 Pesos in Classicos......that's like $4US......wow.......

wasn't too long ago I was buying Presidentes at Elflow for $50 Pesos.........

JuanElGriego
11-17-2011, 01:13 PM
when did the go up to $150 Pesos in Classicos......that's like $4US......wow.......

wasn't too long ago I was buying Presidentes at Elflow for $50 Pesos.........

But one is a nightclub and one isn't.

Apples and oranges.

Mr. Smooth
11-17-2011, 02:07 PM

But i must thank Mr smooth for introducing me to ron barcelo ,it was much smoother than Brugal an i enjoyed it straight up with that beautiful Cigar i was blessed with from Ryatt, Alec bradley if i recall correct .Thanks again to both those most kind gentlemen

You are welcome, amigo. I was introduced to it on my 2nd trip by Lou, the owner of the apparently closed up, Shark Bar. A much smoother taste and finish. I think I'll grab a bottle or two for the trip back home next time down.

Nakom
11-17-2011, 02:47 PM
You are welcome, amigo. I was introduced to it on my 2nd trip by Lou, the owner of the apparently closed up, Shark Bar. A much smoother taste and finish. I think I'll grab a bottle or two for the trip back home next time down.

How could a guy named Mr. Smooth drink anything else! :rofl:

joeybk
11-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Huh??? I beg to differ :smile:. Although a little vodka/ redbull always hit the spot when the sun went down.

Well i meant from me they got no love 95% of the time at night .

But you on the other hand along with TNT were clearing them out by the case :rofl:

joeybk
11-17-2011, 10:39 PM

I had to give thanks an props where its due

yes Mr smooth it was indeed a smooth finish ,i thought the exact same Im definetly gonna bring some home on my next trip .

This trip i didnt brnig back any because im a congac drinker an many of my co workers who are from the island's always talk about white hennesy .Soo i brought home 3 bottles they all went but they werent all they were cracked up to be .Its not vsop an In my opinion theres nothing special about the white its smoother than the regular but the quality was lacking especially considering the price .

mho
03-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Barcelo has been my preferred choice for years, it is truly great. If I never return to the DR, I will continue to drink my Barcelo, dulce tormento. Gran Anejo is the shit but I have to special order it here for $25 so I just buy the Anejo for $15.99. It is the best bargain in the store.

I will pull the trigger on the Barcelo Imperial to treat myself but since I usually mix with a little Coke and lime, the Anejo is more appropriate.