PDA

View Full Version : plane from sti to pop

sicpup71
04-14-2005, 07:12 AM
anyone know if they have any flights between the 2 airports?? even a $50 flight is better then a cab ride :lol:

BrooklynBeas
04-14-2005, 07:57 AM
anyone know if they have any flights between the 2 airports?? even a $50 flight is better then a cab ride :lol:

I dont think they do that... Its only a 1 1/2 hour ride... The time you would board a plane, Delays, Check in... get baggage, Costs... it wouldnt be even close to worth it...Think about it!... plus a ride through the country is nice... Enjoy the scenery... Drink Presidentes... Stop and waved at chicas...its an experience!

JDR
04-14-2005, 08:27 AM
All I know is that its 3 hours and 1 minute from JFK to POP and 3 hours and 8 minutes from JFK to STI. I really think there may be no flights.

bmag
04-14-2005, 09:29 AM
you cant even fly from sdq to pop!!!

JDR
04-14-2005, 09:31 AM
you cant even fly from sdq to pop!!!

Yes you can. It was $50. Might be $75 now.

bmag
04-14-2005, 03:27 PM
thats news to me but good news. Caribe tours is allright with me tho. Which airline is it?

Dark Knight
04-15-2005, 09:37 AM
$50 flight from Sti to POP would really be a bargain flight since cabs charge 60-80 bucks. Caribe Tours is a bus ride. Bout a 1 1/2 ride. cost 70 pesos from sti to Puerta Plata. Just got in yesterday on the bus. Nice ride and not FREEzing. Later, SB

BrooklynBeas
04-15-2005, 09:43 AM
$50 flight from Sti to POP would really be a bargain flight since cabs charge 60-80 bucks. Caribe Tours is a bus ride. Bout a 1 1/2 ride. cost 70 pesos from sti to Puerta Plata. Just got in yesterday on the bus. Nice ride and not FREEzing. Later, SB

OK... pay attention guys... This flight from STI to POP will not and is not going to happen... Its an hour and a half away by car... You will have to be at the airport at least an hour in advance for the flight (if it would have happened)... Baggage claims, Customs, Price,then a taxi from POP to Sosua... the time the fuckin plane would go up inthe air from the time you got to the airport... you would already be in Sosua if you drove from STI!!!

Dick Dawson
04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Sounds like it would be like flying from NYC to Philly. There's no point.

D_W_
04-15-2005, 11:26 AM

Actually there are flights to Philly from LGA daily.

Dick Dawson
04-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Wonder how popular that route is.

Dick Dawson
04-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Wonder how popular that route is.

BrooklynBeas
04-15-2005, 01:23 PM

Actually there are flights to Philly from LGA daily.

I drive to Philly every now and then... It takes about 1 hour 45 minutes... Never thought of taking a plane

Reel Deal
04-15-2005, 01:54 PM
anyone know if they have any flights between the 2 airports?? even a $50 flight is better then a cab ride :lol:LOLOL!!!!!

It's only like 25 miles the way the crow flies...

No way.

Bug Boy
04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
I have been checking flight prices for my first trip to DR. If I fly into STI I can save a little over $ 200 USD. What would it cost to get from STI to Cabarete (cab vs bus) and the approximate travel time? I will be staying 3 nights in Cabarete and 4 nights in Sosua.

BrooklynBeas
04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I have been checking flight prices for my first trip to DR. If I fly into STI I can save a little over $ 200 USD. What would it cost to get from STI to Carberete (cab vs bus) and the approximate travel time? I will be staying 3 nights in Caberete and 4 nights in Sosua.

Cab about $50 bucks
Bus- Airconditioned and close to the same time... about $3

Take a bus

Bug Boy
04-15-2005, 04:13 PM
I have been checking flight prices for my first trip to DR. If I fly into STI I can save a little over $ 200 USD. What would it cost to get from STI to Carberete (cab vs bus) and the approximate travel time? I will be staying 3 nights in Caberete and 4 nights in Sosua.

Cab about $50 bucks
Bus- Airconditioned and close to the same time... about $3

Take a bus

The bus sounds good to me. Where in Caberete would the bus let me off. My first 3 nights will be at Hotel de Ventura.

D_W_
04-15-2005, 04:25 PM

US Air flies Dehavilland Dash 8 Turboprops to PHL.

Bug Boy
04-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong. I did a little research and found out that Caribe Tours will take you from STI as far as Sosua, their last stop. Cost is RD $100.

What would be the best transportation from Sosua to Cabarete (with luggage).

jd_mine
04-15-2005, 04:51 PM
With luggage you're gonna need a cab. That would set you back about 350 pesos (as of last September, might be more now)....

D_W_
04-15-2005, 04:57 PM
With luggage you're gonna need a cab. That would set you back about 350 pesos (as of last September, might be more now)....
Don't they have an under carriage stow or is it on of those small buses?

el_papi_chew_low
04-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong. I did a little research and found out that Caribe Tours will take you from STI as far as Sosua, their last stop. Cost is RD $100.

What would be the best transportation from Sosua to Cabarete (with luggage).

I take Caribe Tours all the time. The buses are similar to a Greyhound. Luggage is usually not a problem. Their is plenty of room in the luggage bins, especially since you would be getting on when most people have already gotten off (unless it is a holiday like Semana Santa when a lot of locals go from Santiago to Sosua).

jd_mine
04-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah, but he's asking Sosua to Cabarete. The bus only goes till Sosua, so he needs to take a cab for the last part to Cabarete.......
On the Caribe Tours luggage is no problem, no......

bmag
04-16-2005, 11:55 AM
what about plane fron sdq to pop as mentioned above? flying from sti to pop seems silly. I think people should see at least a little bit of the country from the ground. How bad is an hour in a bus for four bucks anyway?

psriches
04-16-2005, 12:35 PM
STI caribe tours to Sosua(charimicos)=80 pesos(as of March) plus 150 pesos for taxi to area hotels. Plenty of luggage space.

el_papi_chew_low
04-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, but he's asking Sosua to Cabarete. The bus only goes till Sosua, so he needs to take a cab for the last part to Cabarete.......

You're right! If you are staying at Aventura, I think the owner said he could work out a free or reduced ride. If not, maybe your hotel can arrange cheap transportation from Sosua. Other options like gua guas and cabs are discussed in the Cabarete section. I took a cab with three people once from the strip in Sosua to Cabarete and the cab charged us 800 pesos one way, but I know there are cheaper options, even with luggage.

Count Dante
04-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Hi,

I'm a complete DR newbie, planning my first trip in June. I'm preparing to buy my plane ticket, but wanted to know if the bus runs from santiago to sousa on sundays. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Apos
04-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I'm a complete DR newbie, planning my first trip in June. I'm preparing to buy my plane ticket, but wanted to know if the bus runs from santiago to sousa on sundays. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i think it does, here's the schedule

Santiago 6:00 6:45 7:15 8:15 8:30 8:45 9:00 12:25 1:25 2:25 3:30 3:45 4:15

and the website

http://www.caribetours.com.do/

JDR
04-17-2005, 05:44 PM

You're right! If you are staying at Aventura, I think the owner said he could work out a free or reduced ride. If not, maybe your hotel can arrange cheap transportation from Sosua. Other options like gua guas and cabs are discussed in the Cabarete section. I took a cab with three people once from the strip in Sosua to Cabarete and the cab charged us 800 pesos one way, but I know there are cheaper options, even with luggage.
You got ROBBED. :(

Public taxi is 50 cents per person.

el_papi_chew_low
04-17-2005, 06:15 PM

You got ROBBED. :(

Public taxi is 50 cents per person.

Small thing to a giant!!!! :wink: