PDA

View Full Version : 1st post and visit to Sosua DEC 7-15th

parkerfelix1972
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Good Afternoon,

I would like any information/advice that can save me a lot of hassle and/or money while in Sosua. I will be staying with a buddy of mine at the Casa Marina Resort (only due to low all inclusive price), but would like to know what are the best places for 1 night stays or afternoon trists and costs associated with each.

I appreciate any help and would love to meet up with any of you that will be there during the dates of DEC 7 to DEC 15th.

(fyi - if it helps - my spanish is above tourist level and I can understand it fluently)

Thanks in advance
Felix

Klockman
11-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Good Afternoon,

I would like any information/advice that can save me a lot of hassle and/or money while in Sosua. I will be staying with a buddy of mine at the Casa Marina Resort (only due to low all inclusive price), but would like to know what are the best places for 1 night stays or afternoon trists and costs associated with each.

I appreciate any help and would love to meet up with any of you that will be there during the dates of DEC 7 to DEC 15th.

(fyi - if it helps - my spanish is above tourist level and I can understand it fluently)

Thanks in advance
Felix

Tons of information here, read the forum

I'd recommend not using e-mail addresses as your user name, that gets you signed up for all sorts of sites, such as farmlove.com or worse the Jonas Brother fan club.

There's tons of stuff on Sosua here, just do some reading

johnfromnorthjersey
11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
The search feature is a wounderful thing. You may want to consider changing your lodging reservation. Don't think the Casa Marina is very chica friendly.
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=297966&highlight=Casa+Marina+Resort

Jonew1
11-16-2010, 02:16 PM
around four weeks to read... this forum has a ton of info bro.. i had to read alot before i left for my trrip and it was worth it. i made reservations at places i had no idea about and found out that they werent so good for what i had planned during my stay and changed some things around. when these guys on here tell you somthing listen. most of them know what they are talking about. but do lots of reading you will be glad you did come december

weyland
11-16-2010, 02:33 PM
ParkerFelix if that is your real email address get JimmyDR to change your handle now.

As the guys say, your questions are too general to be answered here but they are being answered in detail every day on this board if you take the trouble to read the relevant (i.e. Sosúa) threads. Advise you to subscribe to the "Trip Report" section for at least one month (US$7.95) or for three months (US$14.95). You will save this money many times in useful tips plus the fun of reading other guys reports and, hopefully, your own after your trip.

mikelodge
11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
ParkerFelix if that is your real email address get JimmyDR to change your handle now.

As the guys say your questions are too general to be answered here but they are being answered in detail every day on this board if you take the trouble to read the relevant (i.e Sosúa) threads. Advise you to subscribe to the "Trip Report" section for at least one month (US$7.95) or for three months (US$14.95). You will save this money many times in useful tips plus the fun of reading other guys reports and, hopefully, your own after your trip.

Listen to Weyland you don't get to 70 and still be chasing wild women in a foreign land without knowing something.

PS Felix has anyone emailed you anything weird yet cuz they will.
Felix the Trusting Cat - might sound safer

Apos
11-16-2010, 07:26 PM
If all you are looking for is an inexpensive, safe room for afternoons and evenings I'd highly recommend either Hotel Don Antonio or Rocky's. Both are $25 or $30 a night, within 1/2 block of "down town" Sosua, 2 minutes to Clasico Disco, 1 minute to El Flow and as cost effective as you can comfortably get.

I'll leave it to you to Google up their websites and contact info and then please do spend some time with the search function and reading all you can about Sosua and the DR. You will not regret it!

My first trip, and many other guys have said similar, I was soooo well prepared, see a lot of street pix, maps, read all about each bar and hotel and even specific chicas that by the time I finally got there it was all familiar, almost surreal! :D

malescan
11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
There are some cool cabanas on the east side of town.. called love and care or something like that, 500 pesos for 4 hrs and real nice, the drive in type. When you head toward Cab turn left before the dollar store. I like it there cause its discreet.
Good for a hit and run. Dont know if its true but heard you can take girls back to the resort now, weather or not you wanna is another thing.

Apos
11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
There are some cool cabanas on the east side of town.. called love and care or something like that, 500 pesos for 4 hrs and real nice, the drive in type. When you head toward Cab turn left before the dollar store. I like it there cause its discreet.
Good for a hit and run. Dont know if its true but heard you can take girls back to the resort now, weather or not you wanna is another thing.

True but Rocky's and Don Antonio are only about $900 pesos, much closer to the action so you avoid transportation costs, don't waste time and are yours for all day and night. You can use them multiple times and split one with your buddy, assuming you know how to share or don't mind a little company. :rolleyes:

There are lots of choices; Cabañas and the short-time hotels in town have their advantages in some scenarios and there are many other possible options but none, IMO, better located or more cost effective than Don Antonios and Rocky's....but it's up to you.:corky:

Seville
11-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Listen to Weyland you don't get to 70 and still be chasing wild women in a foreign land without knowing something.

PS Felix has anyone emailed you anything weird yet cuz they will.
Felix the Trusting Cat - might sound safer

Weyland doesn't "chase" anything. He just calls them over and they flock to him. It's like he is the Hatian Pied Piper.:biggrin:

parkerfelix1972
11-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for all the info.

I am changing the user name so no email is reflected, but it was a dummy email address anyway.

Question?

I have heard it both ways from the board and from a couple of friends that recently went to Sosua - will the resort (Casa Marina) allow guests? if so what price?

I have heard they have recently slacked up on their policy.

mikelodge
11-17-2010, 12:19 AM
True but Rocky's and Don Antonio are only about $900 pesos, much closer to the action so you avoid transportation costs, don't waste time and are yours for all day and night. You can use them multiple times and split one with your buddy, assuming you know how to share or don't mind a little company. :rolleyes:

There are lots of choices; Cabañas and the short-time hotels in town have their advantages in some scenarios and there are many other possible options but none, IMO, better located or more cost effective than Don Antonios and Rocky's....but it's up to you.:corky:

Also if you come out of your front door at Casa Marina you are on Martinez and instead of going right toward DrRosen go left a few blocks and you will find a yellow hotel called Hotel Coco. They have rooms for $25 and maybe even less.

The benefit here is they drink at the bar area often very late so if you bring a girl back after Classicos at 2am you could still party a little if you chose to.

This is Coco owned by Canadian guy

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414af086ffd2e22.jpg

There is another option also some studio units that are very private for rent for $20 US right by hotel residence D'Piero

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414af0771b69144.jpg

JD426
11-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Also if you come out of your front door at Casa Marina you are on Martinez and instead of going right toward DrRosen go left a few blocks and you will find a yellow hotel called Hotel Coco. They have rooms for $25 and maybe even less.

The benefit here is they drink at the bar area often very late so if you bring a girl back after Classicos at 2am you could still party a little if you chose to.

This is Coco owned by Canadian guy

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414af086ffd2e22.jpg)

There is another option also some studio units that are very private for rent for $20 US right by hotel residence D'Piero

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414af0771b69144.jpg)

A Canadian Guy named IAN, who is one of the coolest people in Sosua.
hes married now and his wife had a baby , but that has not slowed him down any. LOL seriously, Ian is really good people...

mikelodge
11-17-2010, 01:22 AM
A Canadian Guy named IAN, who is one of the coolest people in Sosua.
hes married now and his wife had a baby , but that has not slowed him down any. LOL seriously, Ian is really good people...

I agree I have slipped in there a few times and always felt welcome but I guess those of us that drink and understand that it doesn't mean you have to be an ass understand better. I agree Ian is good people and since I stayed at D'Piero and could go cross country south to find PC I always loved it.

If anyone wants to get a chuckle and I assume at least Darcy will know what I mean. Down there North and south they don't all go thru and some are dirt. So options go all the way up to the place a couple or 3 blocks south of Voramar where they have the nursery like plants and chicken roasters and turn right and head to PC and get over by Hungarian and Carib Jet, el toro ect.

Not as easy to find drunk and in the dark :lol: of course I don't drive drunk.

Or go right (west) toward town and turn at Simply Red and come out at Europa which is safer than being stuck turning around on some dirt if you are alone and there are some Chulos hanging out on a dirt road.

Still the speed bumps suck.

Damn I don't give a shit now I miss it ALLLLLLLLLLLL. :rofl:

Soon

balcoach
11-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Felix,
PM me if you choose, I will be arriving the same day as you. If I can be any help or if you want to catch a beer and shoot the shit.

Coming in out of MIA and you?

coach