PDA

View Full Version : Santiago to Sosua

chitownpimp
11-24-2010, 11:49 AM
What is the best and cheapest way to go from Santiago to Sosua?

Chief Papi Lindo
11-24-2010, 12:01 PM
What is the best and cheapest way to go from Santiago to Sosua?

metro or caribe tours bus lines

vewdew
11-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Take the Bus, that would be the cheapest way.

chitownpimp
11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks, once we leave the airport in Santiago how do we find the buses/schedules etc?

swiggy
11-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks, once we leave the airport in Santiago how do we find the buses/schedules etc?

it depends what time you land, if its after 8pm then no more bus. if its 2 or 3 guys a taxi cost me $75 2 months ago from santiago to sosua. there is a board at the airport in santiago out by the parking lot with the prices posted. when i was there it was by a little security guard shack if i remember correctly.

ralphie1
11-24-2010, 09:31 PM
best and cheapest are not the same

best, to me, would be to grab a cab. 75 bucks, give or take

cheapest, like the guys say, take the bus. never did that, dont know how long it takes, costs or how many times a day it makes that run

when i hit santiago, all i can think of is "how fast can i get to sosua". there are typically 3 or 4 of us to split the cab fare so it really isnt that expensive

gmalet
11-25-2010, 08:24 AM
The cheapest way is Publico.

naptime
11-25-2010, 09:19 AM
the bigger question... what time do you arrive in santiago. that will help determine whats the "best" way to get to sosua.

the cheapest is the bus. 150 pesos. but they dont start running to sosua until 8:15 am at caribe and 9:00 am at metro.

so if you are arriving on the 2am spirit flight, you'll be taking a nap at the airport for a few hours. i've done this twice now. also, 500 pesos from the airport to the bus station by taxi. metro takes about 2 hours to get to sosua, and drops you off right at the texaco station at dr.rosen. caribe tours takes about 2.5 hours, and drops you off in charamicos just before the curve around the beach. both buses cost the same, and both are equally comfortable and cold.

the BEST way, imo, is taxi. especially if you have more than one guy. generally you can get there for 60-70 daytime, and 70-80 nighttime. taxi will take about an hour and a half. the problem is that if you arrive in the middle of the night, say 2am, by the time you clear customs and get on the road, its gonna be almost 3, and you are gonna arrive at around 4:30 to 5 am. near impossible to check into most hotels, unless you are able to get the owner/manager to set up an arrangement with you. i have also done this option. we were able to drop our bags at our hotel, but not check into a room yet. so we spent the rest of the evening(morning) at the 24 hour restaurant caipirina drinking and getting hooked up with chicas. :)

if you are interested in the taxi option, lemme know i have an excellant driver, with an extremely clean, and comfortable car, who takes this route often, and is very honest and dependable.

Dave Diaz
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM

http://www.metrotours.com.do/

http://caribetours.com.do/index.php/viajes/get_travel

I was looking for the same info. These are the sites someone shared with me about the bus schedules. Nap has the info below on where both buses leave you.

Goodluck on your trip

chitownpimp
11-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the great info, can you send me the number of your reliable cab driver? I will call him once we arrive in Sosua, looks like Metro is the cheapest and better option.

eldorob
11-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Never done Metro, but Caribe is great. AC, sometimes TV. Chicas on the bus - course that's hit and miss but you never know. EVen if they aren't your type, you can still practice your chica skills. Nice scenery outside along the way.

The only way I would do taxi is if it was late and I didn't want to wait till morning.