PDA

View Full Version : "Metro Bus" and "Caribe Tours"

Cheeno
08-24-2006, 10:37 PM
I sometimes make trips from Santo Domingo to Santiago and vice versa.

I prefer Metro over Caribe. Here is why.

#1. Metro is around 50 pesos more than Caribe. But the Metro is a non-stop (direct) ride from Santo Domingo to Santiago and vice versa.

#2. The seats seem to have a little more space than Caribe.

#3. In December of 2005, I took the Caribe Tours from Santiago to Santo Domingo and the bus made several stops in Santo Domingo.

Here is the contact for both bus companies.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/581144ee619642b42.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/581144ee61984897e.jpg

guttaman
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Cheno, you are a legend in your own mind. Is there a website for Metro.

Cheeno
08-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Cheno, you are a legend in your own mind. Is there a website for Metro.

Sorry my bad. :)

Beads
08-25-2006, 09:32 AM
yea metro is awesome . They also go from Puerta Plata to Santiago and vice versa last February it was 70 pesos one way. Pretty cheap to ride the bus for over an hr and pay approx $2.25 US. It made very few stops.

Cheeno
08-25-2006, 10:36 AM
yea metro is awesome . They also go from Puerta Plata to Santiago and vice versa last February it was 70 pesos one way. Pretty cheap to ride the bus for over an hr and pay approx $2.25 US. It made very few stops.

Metro is also a nice place to meet a girl. :mrgreen:

Beads
08-25-2006, 10:40 AM
yea a lot of locals use Metro . Caribe is good for travelling long distances if your not in a hurry and want to watch a movie. Id rather get their quick and chat with people.

MrHappy
08-25-2006, 11:29 AM
There was a time when Caribe Tours was the transportation of choice over the Metro, but the quality of their buses has gone downhill.

Dirty bathrooms are common, the VCR's always seem to be broken, and it seems like they've added stops to increase their revenue, making the trip from SD to Sosua seem like forever.

I used to recommend Caribe Tours, but now the Metro is better.

If you're feeling really adventurous, you can take one of the cheaper bus lines, which stop every few miles or so. The are usually packed, take forever, but have tons of girls that you can meet.