PDA

View Full Version : Delta Updates

Don Tomas
07-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Delta Air Lines will make it even easier for customers to vacation or conduct business in two of the Caribbean’s most popular countries – Dominican Republic and Trinidad and Tobago. Delta is adding new nonstop fights between Atlanta and Santiago de Los Caballeros, Dominican Republic; New York-JFK and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; and Atlanta and Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, effective Dec. 9, 2006*. With the new flights, Delta will offer customers more than 250 weekly flights to 21 Caribbean destinations – up more than 30 percent from the number of destinations offered at the same time last year.
“Delta continues to be the fastest growing airline in the Caribbean and we are pleased to add three more exciting routes that make the Caribbean even more accessible,” said Bob Cortelyou, Delta’s vice president – Network Planning. “Our customers will have more options for travel to the leisure and financial capitals of the Caribbean this winter than at any time in our history thanks to the 13 new routes we’ve added to the Caribbean in the last year.”

To celebrate its ongoing international expansion, Delta is offering special low fares for travel on its newest Caribbean routes. Tickets must be purchased by Aug. 7, 2006, and travel must be completed by March 31, 2007.

One-way fares, based on a round-trip purchase, are as follows:
From To One-way fare
New York-JFK to Punta Cana $159
Atlanta to Santiago de Los Caballeros $199
Atlanta to Port of Spain $249

Additional taxes/fees/restrictions apply. Fares shown are available for purchase only on delta.com or from a travel agent. See below for more details.

Delta’s upcoming expansion to Dominican Republic marks the fifth increase in service to the growing island since summer 2004 when Delta inaugurated its first flights between New York and Santo Domingo. With the winter 2006 schedule, Delta will offer seven daily departures between the United States and the Dominican Republic with daily nonstop service between Atlanta and New York-JFK and Santiago de Los Caballeros, Santo Domingo and Punta Cana, in addition to new daily nonstop service between Atlanta and Puerto Plata (effective Dec. 15)*.

The Dominican Republic is one of the fastest growing destinations in the Caribbean thanks to its picturesque white-sand beaches, lively colonial cities and large centers of commerce. The country sits on the second-largest island in the Caribbean and is the home of the oldest colonial city in the New World – Santo Domingo.

Port of Spain will be a new Delta destination, providing improved access to global customers traveling to one of the Caribbean’s leading commercial centers. In addition to a growing tourism industry, Trinidad and Tobago is know as the Caribbean’s leading producer of oil and gas and boasts one of the most prosperous economies in the region. Culturally, the island is famous as the birthplace of calypso music and for the development of one of the only new instruments created in the 20th century – the steel pan.
Delta’s newest flights to the Caribbean will be operated with 150-seat Boeing 737-800 and 142-seat Boeing MD-88 aircraft and are scheduled as follows:

Delta’s schedule between New York-JFK and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, effective Dec. 9:
Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Equipment
211 New York-JFK at 10:45 a.m. Punta Cana at 3:35 p.m. Daily Boeing MD-88210
Punta Cana at 4:25 p.m. New York-JFK at 7:30 p.m. Daily Boeing MD-88

Delta’s schedule between Atlanta and Santiago, Dominican Republic, effective Dec. 9:
225 Atlanta at 10:15 a.m. Santiago at 2:45 p.m. Daily Boeing 737-800
224 Santiago at 4:30 p.m. Atlanta at 7:05 p.m. Daily Boeing 737-800

Delta’s schedule between Atlanta and Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, effective Dec. 9:
319 Atlanta at 2:50 p.m. Port of Spain at 8:30 p.m. M,W,Sa,Su Boeing 737-800
322* Port of Spain at 9:05 a.m. Atlanta at 1:15 p.m. M,T,Th,Su Boeing 737-800
*Flight effective Dec. 10, 2006

(Nice flight times for ATL-STI if I do say so)

Gutter Meat
04-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Will be taking Delta to POP this week. NYC with connection in Atlanta. Anyone who used Delta to POP what was their experience.

bpl0116
04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
let me know im doing this for 1st time in september.While im gonna stay over a night in atlanta its one of same flights to POP>METS vs Braves in september.thats when im going

B_J_Lover
04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Can't speak on the experience because I used AA miles this time, but I sat in POP airport Monday watching. The Delta flight came in on schedule about 3pm ish. Smaller plane than the AA, but still nice size and good capacity. They serviced it, moved the luggage off and back on and it was heading back out the gate in about 45 minutes. Off it went back to ATL. Very efficient Delta staff.

kiddfrost
04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Delta is good to go... That's what I fly since it's the only flight I can get direct to POP from ATL...

leeway99
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Used Delta to POP in Feb, worked out well.

Gutter Meat
04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I believe Delta uses the same as Continental, The 737-800.

Summit
04-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Delta flight #257........flies to POP every day......great trip and a short one from Atlanta.....sit on the left side......and enjoy the caicos island chain about halfway to POP......emerald green water around the island chain.........beautiful sight

Gutter Meat
04-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Everything went well with Delta. The flight from Atlanta is a little longer than going on AA from Miami. I had an old Song plane from NYC to Atlanta so I had direct TV , music right in the seat back in front of me.

RearWindow
05-02-2007, 10:53 PM
ATL-POP 2 1/2 hour flight. Have a Mojito and relax. All is good..

Gutter Meat
05-03-2007, 02:05 AM
I would use Delta again I had no problems at all and imigration/customs was very fast in Atlanta.

sicpup71
05-03-2007, 02:14 AM
I would use Delta again I had no problems at all and imigration/customs was very fast in Atlanta.

it's good to know, another way of getting there.

Gutter Meat
05-03-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm on another trip next week to the mother land, this time using AA miles.

ChicaSeeka
05-03-2007, 07:10 AM
delta worked good for me to with the atlanta connection

Seattliter
05-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Was Delta to POP crowded (ie every seat taken) or was there some room. I know it depends on day of week, time of year, etc. but just trying to get an understanding (I can fly free on DL)

agua chico
05-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Something I just found out, for those who live in Atlanta, is that if you book a last minute package trip or a vacation package for a 3 day trip the whole shit is cheaper than a single Delta Airfare. So, I am buying an all inclusive ticket for 3 days and I am only using the air portion of it.

Gutter Meat
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Was Delta to POP crowded (ie every seat taken) or was there some room. I know it depends on day of week, time of year, etc. but just trying to get an understanding (I can fly free on DL)

The flight from ATL to POP was 3 quarters full. I had my own empty row on the 737. The same on the return trip.

agua chico
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
The flight from ATL to POP was 3 quarters full. I had my own empty row on the 737. The same on the return trip.

Well I hope they start filling up the seats so that Delta doesn't cancel that route. If I have to go through Miami again I might hang myself. Wait, maybe not, I am on a trip to Sosua.

Gutter Meat
05-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Interesting that there were no spanish announcements on the Delta flight.

3somefan
03-18-2008, 04:47 PM
On my last trip I flew round trip from Minneapolis to POP through Atlanta for $386!! When I got back, I started checking prices for other trips this year and there were quite a few good deals on Delta. However, that seems to have changed. I have been looking the past few days and it doesn't seem like there are very many flights any more scheduled to POP out further this year... :veryconfused:

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I am guessing this may have something to do with the possible merger with Northwest. I can't figure out where all of those flights went, were they just cancelled?? Is Delta flying into POP anymore??

Just curious if anyone knows...

guttaman
03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.kayak.com/

I believe Delta is cutting back for low season. Try Delta into STI or check all available flights on Kayak.

3somefan
03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
If I book through another site though, I don't get the miles on Delta...is that correct??

3somefan
03-18-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.kayak.com/

I believe Delta is cutting back for low season. Try Delta into STI or check all available flights on Kayak.

I think you may be right, the only this is that I am actually looking at dates farther out this year in high season and there is nothing!!

agua chico
03-18-2008, 05:13 PM
You get miles if you travel with delta regardless of where the ticket was purchased. You will, however, have to call customer service to credit your miles to your account. It won't be automatic as it would be, had you bought from Delta directly.

Delta does not have daily fights to POP. There are some seasons when they don't even go there.

3somefan
03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
You get miles if you travel with delta regardless of where the ticket was purchased. You will, however, have to call customer service to credit your miles to your account. It won't be automatic as it would be, had you bought from Delta directly.

Delta does not have daily fights to POP. There are some seasons when they don't even go there.

Thanks Jagu...

I didn't even know this stuff!

3somefan
03-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Do they offer direct flights into Santiago or SDQ??

Jimmydr
03-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks Jagu...

I didn't even know this stuff!

That explains alot now about the missing points?

3somefan
03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
That explains alot now about the missing points?

What do you mean.... :eek:

Jimmydr
03-18-2008, 05:30 PM
What do you mean.... :eek:

I flew Avianca and I am missing them points.

Hunter
03-18-2008, 05:35 PM

All the third party sites (Expedia, etc.) have boxes to put your frequent flier number in... no??? I never have to call to get credited using Expedia etc.

3somefan
03-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys...

What's weird is like 2-3 weeks ago, Delta had a round trip flight from Minneapolis to POP with a connection in ATL, for the dates of 12/30-1/6...for $434. Now it is gone, and there is no indication on their site that it filled up or was even there...

eldorob
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM

If it's a "partner" airline, you may still be able to get your points if you call customer service.

I use CO almost exclusivly, but recently had to fly delta cross country. I gave delta my CO ONe-pass number at the desk and they punched it in to those flights. The points showed up on my CO account a day after I got home.

eman
03-18-2008, 08:25 PM
A lot of the airlines are cutting back.

greydread
03-18-2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23690403/

Somebody's got to pay for this:

Kevy
03-19-2008, 09:19 AM

If it is a code share flight with Avianca, you have to contact them directly and go througha real hassle to get the points. Otherwise I never had any trouble with them.

guttaman
03-19-2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23690403/

Somebody's got to pay for this:

Looks like Delta is restructuring their domestic flights. Depending on your market they might be dropping flights to Minnesota or taking them off the shelf for now until they can figure out how much more money they need to make each flight profitable. Looks like Delta is hurting and i believe other airlines will follow. JetBlue flights to the DR are going through the roof and they are always tweeking their flights into STI.

Glad i saved all my FF miles on AA and JB. Just hope AA and JB does not go bust until i get to use them.

JuanElGriego
03-19-2008, 11:34 AM
What's weird is like 2-3 weeks ago, Delta had a round trip flight from Minneapolis to POP with a connection in ATL, for the dates of 12/30-1/6...for $434. Now it is gone, and there is no indication on their site that it filled up or was even there...

Are you seriously looking at flights for 2009??? :eek2:

3somefan
03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Are you seriously looking at flights for 2009??? :eek2:

With the price for tickets around New Year's fairly high, I want to make sure I get them asap before they get even higher as time goes by...

I need to plan ahead in with my job. The more I plan ahead, the easier it is to make sure those plans happen!!

biggun1221
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
If you keep up with the current happenings, then you will know that the cost of fuel is killing the airlines. Not only them but we the people are being hurt by it as well. The oil cost per barrel is driving every thing up and the dollars is falling. Several airlines have started charging 25.00 to check a second bag. Jet Blue is selling extra leg room for 10.00 and I suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg. Seems we are caught in the middle and no where to turn.:confused:

Willie
03-20-2008, 11:58 AM

I flew to Panama on Avianca and got my miles credited to my Delta account.

Last I read, Delta and Avianca ended their code share agreement.

Hunter
03-20-2008, 12:04 PM
If you keep up with the current happenings, then you will know that the cost of fuel is killing the airlines. Not only them but we the people are being hurt by it as well. The oil cost per barrel is driving every thing up and the dollars is falling. Several airlines have started charging 25.00 to check a second bag. Jet Blue is selling extra leg room for 10.00 and I suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg. Seems we are caught in the middle and no where to turn.:confused:

Good point. I see this fuel issue only getting worse and cheap fairs may be thing of past.:icontd: :icontd: :icontd:

3somefan
03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I have read a little on this whole subject, and it sounds like many airlines are cancelling a lot of their less popular flights to cut costs. They are also rumored to wait to see if flights fill totally up, and if they don't and the flight can't be profitable, they will just cancel it.

Like Biggun said, they are charging for extra bags too. They are also adding $25-$50 per ticket for the fuel costs. I was watching NBC Nightly News last night and they were breaking down the ticket prices...Fuel was 30% of the ticket price and rising!!

3somefan
03-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, I played with the dates a little bit and wouldn't you know...I found some killer deals on Delta!! :confused:

From Minneapolis to POP roundtrip from Dec 27th to Jan 5th...$461 (all in!!!)

I'm gonna have to lock that in.

cainer
03-23-2008, 06:25 PM
I was also surfing the net looking for deals for any airline flying out of either detroit or toronto. The best deal i could find for the week of april 13th to the 20th was with Delta. Price was $419 with a stop in atlanta.

I dont think ill do any better but thought id ask all you guys and see if anyone flys regularly out of toronto or out of detroit before i officially book this. I got a few stites for toronto that i can get a bit less but, its all hit and miss as u usually have to book them a few days before departure to get that cheap rate. Any info appreciated, thanks

Ps, anyone planning on being in the sosua or PP area on those weeks?

cainer
03-23-2008, 06:26 PM
On my last trip I flew round trip from Minneapolis to POP through Atlanta for $386!! When I got back, I started checking prices for other trips this year and there were quite a few good deals on Delta. However, that seems to have changed. I have been looking the past few days and it doesn't seem like there are very many flights any more scheduled to POP out further this year... :veryconfused:

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I am guessing this may have something to do with the possible merger with Northwest. I can't figure out where all of those flights went, were they just cancelled?? Is Delta flying into POP anymore??

Just curious if anyone knows...

I am guessing that the flight i was looking at for the week of april13th to 20th would also be available for you. Funny thing was, it is $419(includes taxes) for me for that week but, if i left a day before or after, the price is over a grand, weird

I just did a search on flights from minniapolis to pOp and it is even cheaper, only $350(taxes included) EVEN WEIRDER

3somefan
04-01-2008, 06:54 PM
I am guessing that the flight i was looking at for the week of april13th to 20th would also be available for you. Funny thing was, it is $419(includes taxes) for me for that week but, if i left a day before or after, the price is over a grand, weird

I just did a search on flights from minniapolis to pOp and it is even cheaper, only $350(taxes included) EVEN WEIRDER

Thanks for the information. I wish I could get down there then, but not possible.

I really enjoyed my experience on Delta and will use them again for my New Year's Trip, however, their schedules and pricing baffles me a bit. :confused:

BigDave
09-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I got a $240 credit on Delta (non-transferable) that I have to use by (complete travel) 10-24-08 or I lose it. (a flight I had to cancle last year)
And the Delta flights I've been looking at from my area, NYC, (ewr preferably) SUCK!! :mad:

The only DR flights I see are going to SDQ, but big $$ with layovers. Which I hate because continetal has me spoiled.

I saw some good prices for a Miami flight (weekend South Beach?) last night, but today thier all up over $350.

Any Ideas?? I'd hate to let this die and throw away the $$, but then again may have to?

Beads
09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Sounds like your going to SDQ. Pay the extra $200 and spend the weekend. A bad weekend in SDQ can't be any worse than spending it in at home? :rofl:

greydread
09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Any Ideas?? I'd hate to let this die and throw away the $$, but then again may have to?
It'd be a shame to waste the voucher. You can get R/T to FLL from EWR for $305 (extra $55). You could hang out there or catch a Spirit special to DR or whatever destination you choose that weekend if one pops up. There's a lot of fun stuff to do in FLL anyway if one doesn't. This is what's known as a Good problem. :mrgreen:

BigDave
09-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Sounds like your going to SDQ. Pay the extra $200 and spend the weekend. A bad weekend in SDQ can't be any worse than spending it in at home? :rofl:

Probrably thats whats gonna happen, maybe I'll go to Boca Chica? :rolleyes:

Hunter
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Probrably thats whats gonna happen, maybe I'll go to Boca Chica? :rolleyes:

You were talking about this voucher at picnic.

Poor planning my brother :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BigDave
09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
That's an option too, I was thinking maybe a Florida weekend, something with an ocean view? Hows the p4p or amp action down south? :wink:

It'd be a shame to waste the voucher. You can get R/T to FLL from EWR for $305 (extra $55). You could hang out there or catch a Spirit special to DR or whatever destination you choose that weekend if one pops up. There's a lot of fun stuff to do in FLL anyway if one doesn't. This is what's known as a Good problem. :mrgreen:

BigDave
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
You were talking about this voucher at picnic.

Poor planning my brother :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I KNOWW!! I kept putting it off because I did'nt see any flights I liked. FK!! I HATE DELTA!!! :mad:

Hunter
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Big D:

What do you consider "high" as far as airline cost to DR???

What do you want to pay???

BigDave
09-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Big D:

What do you consider "high" as far as airline cost to DR???

What do you want to pay???

Well 1st of all my prefrence is POP, but thats out. And I'm already taking a trip end of this month. So its more of a trying to find something quick easy, and ok, cheap. I'm tracking a flight 10-17 > 10-20 for $419, that means $179 out of pocket, whick is a strong possibility. I'm gonna track it for a couple of days to see if it fluctuates.

But now we're talking 7-8 hour travel times, vs the 3-4 hours I'm used too with continetal. And I don't have delta miles to upgrade to 1st class, wah, wah, wah, I Know, still better than blowing the voucher, & or staring at the boob tube all weekend!!:p

Hunter
09-09-2008, 01:41 PM
But now we're talking 7-8 hour travel times, vs the 3-4 hours I'm used too with continetal. And I don't have delta miles to upgrade to 1st class, wah, wah, wah, I Know, still better than blowing the voucher, & or staring at the boob tube all weekend!!:p

You sound like a spoiled rich Gringa from Basking Ridge... suck it up :corky:

BlueDevil
09-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I don't know if you've been to Costa Rica, but you may want to give San Jose a shot. Flights from EWR to SJO are running $366 r/t (including tax and fees) during the first few weeks of October. The layover and connection in ATL is not that bad...I made a CR trip in July, and experienced no problems with Delta.

Cuba Libre
09-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I got a $240 credit on Delta (non-transferable) that I have to use by (complete travel) 10-24-08 or I lose it. (a flight I had to cancle last year)
And the Delta flights I've been looking at from my area, NYC, (ewr preferably) SUCK!! :mad:

The only DR flights I see are going to SDQ, but big $$ with layovers. Which I hate because continetal has me spoiled.

I saw some good prices for a Miami flight (weekend South Beach?) last night, but today thier all up over $350.

Any Ideas?? I'd hate to let this die and throw away the $$, but then again may have to?I might be wrong, but I thought all the Continental Airlines DR flights were codeshared with Delta. You might want to call Delta and ask (I know they can't do it online).

greydread
09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
That's an option too, I was thinking maybe a Florida weekend, something with an ocean view? Hows the p4p or amp action down south? :wink:
pm the Captain. That's his stomping ground. He's also a big Spirit airlines scout.

psriches
09-09-2008, 06:50 PM
DELTA has a 1 non-stop that leaves every Saturday to and fro Santiago.

This doesn't start until 2009. I guess that doesn't help you.

Tony Toca
09-10-2008, 07:54 AM
DELTA has a 1 non-stop that leaves every Saturday to and fro Santiago.

This doesn't start until 2009. I guess that doesn't help you.

Doesn't Delta have a daily nonstop from JFK to STI?

BigDave
09-10-2008, 08:18 AM
I might be wrong, but I thought all the Continental Airlines DR flights were codeshared with Delta. You might want to call Delta and ask (I know they can't do it online).

I tried,they said no. :confused: worth a try. thanks anyway!

BigDave
09-10-2008, 08:26 AM

Not that I could find

greydread
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Forget the D.R. on Delta during that period. I was just plugging in dates and they come up consistently higher than the other airlines by almost $200. I think they've got a lot of vouchers set to expire within that timeframe.

I'd do the next best thing. They've got R/T's from Newark to San Juan for $323 all day long. Pack your clubs and just go for a golf weekend and a late November tan. Who knows? You may get laid as well.

BigDave
09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Forget the D.R. on Delta during that period. I was just plugging in dates and they come up consistently higher than the other airlines by almost $200. I think they've got a lot of vouchers set to expire within that timeframe.

I'd do the next best thing. They've got R/T's from Newark to San Juan for $323 all day long. Pack your clubs and just go for a golf weekend and a late November tan. Who knows? You may get laid as well.

I'm not seeing those $$'s, but Shit does'nt delta fly direct to ANYWHERE from Newark?? Every thing has a fkn connection! I HATE Delta!!:mad:

greydread
09-10-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm not seeing those $$'s, but Shit does'nt delta fly direct to ANYWHERE from Newark?? Every thing has a fkn connection! I HATE Delta!!:mad:
Yep....Atlanta.

I did a flex weekend search on Delta's web site and they came up with 2 ea. $240 (before tax) 4 and 5 day weekends, 2 ea. $254 2 and 3 day weekends and 2 ea. $294 2 and 3 day weekends between NYC aiports and SJU.

A 4:03 flight direct from JFK-SJU with tax is $261.80

The 8:53 min EWR-ATL-SJU is (with tax) $302.80.

Shit, I'd do it. :thumbsup2:

My last flight ever on US Airways was a free miles round trip to SXM. It cost me $53 and they'll never get me on another flight of theirs, ever. He who laughs lasts' laughs last.

psriches
09-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Delta Air Lines Announces New Schedules Between New York City and the Dominican Republic

Delta resumes weekly service to Santo Domingo and Santiago starting Dec. 13, 2008.* (these will be non-stop saturday flights only)

ATLANTA, Aug. 26, 2008 – Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) today announced a schedule change for flights connecting New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to Santo Domingo and Santiago, Dominican Republic. The two routes will operate on Saturdays starting Dec. 13, 2008.

Delta currently offers daily nonstop service between New York-JFK and Santo Domingo and Santiago. These flights will be temporarily suspended in mid-September and will return as a weekly frequency in December, just in time for the holiday rush.

Also in December, Delta will begin nonstop service between Atlanta and Santiago, making the Dominican Republic the country with the most routes for the airline in the Caribbean.

These flights complement Delta’s current nonstop service connecting Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to Santo Domingo, Punta Cana and Puerto Plata.

“Delta is responding to the needs of the growing Dominican population in New York City, especially during the holiday season when so many of our valued customers fly home to visit friends and family,” said Christophe Didier, Delta’s vice president for Sales and Government Affairs for Latin America and the Caribbean.

Delta’s schedule between New York-JFK and Santo Domingo starting Dec. 13, 2008:

DL493
New York-JFK at 8:35 a.m.
Santo Domingo at 1:50 p.m.
Saturday

DL494
Santo Domingo at 2:50 p.m.
New York-JFK at 6:08 p.m.
Saturday

Delta’s schedule between New York-JFK and Santiago starting Dec. 13, 2008:

DL549
New York-JFK at 7:45 a.m.
Santiago at 12:57 p.m.
Saturday

DL550
Santiago at 2 p.m.
New York-JFK at 5:12 p.m.
Saturday

Passport Playa
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM

Based on my experiences, there is no such thing as a bad weekend in Santo Domingo. Happy hunting!

The Mac Man

greydread
09-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I dunno about this. As of today Delta's best price (from JFK) is $597 on a flight that takes 17:10 down and 19:48 back and JetBlue on the same dates is $385 for a 3:44 down and 3:56 back direct flight.

I say go to Atlanta for the weekend (EWR-ATL=$239, 2:19 down, 2:05 back) and book your Dominican trip for a later date on JetBlue. There's a lot of fun shit to do in Atlanta and lodging and car rental are cheap.

BigDave
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
OK, so where did I go?? :wink:

(hint I'm at a Hilton) :rolleyes:

Cheeno
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
OK, so where did I go?? :wink:

(hint I'm at a Hilton) :rolleyes:

Hey BigDave :biggrin:

Are you in Santo Domingo?

If so, then have a great time!!! :cool2:

BigDave
10-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey BigDave :biggrin:

Are you in Santo Domingo?

If so, then have a great time!!! :cool2:

Ehh.. Not quite,,,,:o :o

Milwalkee, Wisconsin!! :eek:

Decided to use the delta credit to attend a business conference/seminar.

And I did some research, the monger scene up here sucks.

I'd look into a craigs list or back page, but I'm afraid the girl that shows up would look like the banned photo of 3somes girl!:p :rofl:

So maybe a strip club if that and an early night, I got an 8 am class.

Well the inside of my room looks like the Hilton in Santo Domingo, I'll have to use my imagination and your post and close the blinds and dream of the malecon!! :rolleyes:

Jimmydr
10-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Ehh.. Not quite,,,,:o :o

Milwalkee, Wisconsin!! :eek:

Decided to use the delta credit to attend a business conference/seminar.

And I did some research, the monger scene up here sucks.

A business Meeting? WTF??:D:D:D:D:D

BigDave
10-10-2008, 07:38 PM
A business Meeting? WTF??:D:D:D:D:D

I Know!!.........:o :o ;)

Gutter Meat
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Was checking flights to Puerto Plata in January and noticed on Saturdays Delta has a non stop flight JFK -POP using a 737-800. It also says subject to government approval. However the total price comes out to $501 which is higher than Jet Blue.

Gutter Meat
10-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Did anyone book on Delta yet ?

JDR
10-30-2009, 11:16 AM
I received an e mail for Jamaica as well. Many places are hurting now.

Gutter Meat
11-08-2009, 01:51 AM
I hope this lower's the prices.

SeaWeed
11-08-2009, 07:23 AM
this morning received an email - New York to Montego Bay, Jamaica is only $198 R/T on AirJamaica for January tru middle of Feb.......plus tax.......the total is under $300 R/T.......non stop........likkle cheaper from Orlando for mi!

Gutter Meat
01-10-2010, 11:59 PM
For some reason the taxes are only $101 round trip which is less than Continental and Jet Blue JFK-POP.

Jimbo44
01-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Looks like u r getting hot rocks to go again??

Gutter Meat
01-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Delta Airlines... JFK to POP "NON STOP" Jan 16th to 23rd is $230 R/T... with taxes comes to $331. I Think the cheapest I've seen for this time of year. The only thing is right now theres only Saturday service.

joeysterr
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Was browsing on kayak and saw direct flights from JFK to POP, interesting. I don't think all prices will suddenly drop because of competition or such. Maybe it is only seasonal. Like the way Continental goes back on full week schedule for flights from Newark to POP during the high tourist season.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/155734d1f843ce99ab.png

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/155734d1feaa2460de.png

Feb 5-12 sample is $402.20Total Price

www.delta.com

princepointe
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
And I'm buying my cousins Family Pass for Delta in April. This year is just getting better and better. lol

rodinz
01-01-2011, 04:41 PM
im guessing 400 is round trip price with taxes?

thats pretty good if it is.

JD426
01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Continental is matching the price ($402) from Mid Jan to end of jan, out of EWR. Strangely, Jet Blue (jfk) is not matching the price yet.

deezl
01-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Continental is matching the price ($402) from Mid Jan to end of jan, out of EWR. Strangely, Jet Blue (jfk) is not matching the price yet.

CO has been $392-402 from EWR-POP for at least the last 4 or 5 months. I don't think they're price-matching Delta but the other way around.

givengo440
01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Thats b/c JB is 268+tax comes out to $401

hugrad95a
01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
From NYC to the DR is average about 401 with taxes. The exception is Spirit where you can get a flight from LGA to STI for 290 with taxes even without joining the spirit club. Also, at times when JB does a price drop you can catch a flight for about 330 with taxes. I use 400 as my price point to determine if I'm getting a good deal.

mrblackluv
01-01-2011, 11:16 PM
CO has been $392-402 from EWR-POP for at least the last 4 or 5 months. I don't think they're price-matching Delta but the other way around.

Ditto..
I always watch the flights from EWR and JFK.
Anything around $400 all in is about standard.

Dave Diaz
01-17-2011, 02:07 AM
From NYC to the DR is average about 401 with taxes. The exception is Spirit where you can get a flight from LGA to STI for 290 with taxes even without joining the spirit club. Also, at times when JB does a price drop you can catch a flight for about 330 with taxes. I use 400 as my price point to determine if I'm getting a good deal.

Spirit has flights from LGA to STI on select dates from now until March 8, $49. Total after taxes was 272. Only downside was making the stops, 1 stop sucks. I didnt mind so much the one on my way to STI but the return sucks but this is still an awesome deal. Thanks for putting me on to Spirit.

Can work this with Jetblue and try to get under that 400 sometimes.

mikelodge
11-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Ok someone may benefit from this so I will share it. From now until Nov. 30 you transfer miles from Delta and they give them ALL BACK To YOU. So you can transfer them to a friend, relative, kids, anybody and they give them back to you. I think the cap is 150,000 miles that you can transfer and the most one person can receive is 300k but the fee is only $30 plus a penny a mile so it is really like this.

Forget the 30 bucks it is unimportant. So say you transfer 70,000 miles enough for a trip to the Phillipines and then you pay $700 plus the $30 so then you kid, wife (hope not) or friend or girlfriend gets the 70,000 miles which a worth anywhere from $1100-$1800 and the best part is Delta gives you back the miles so you are out nothing. Basically a great way to buy miles for a penny a mile which just doens't happen.

deezl
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
nonstop JFK-STI $307 R/T taxes included on Delta in March-August, price confirmed on delta.com.

kayak search shows same price availability to SDQ

deezl
12-06-2011, 11:51 AM
posted this in the Delta thread but worth creating a new thread in case anyone misses it. $307 r/t nonstop flights to DR. Sweet!

Price confirmed on delta.com.

$300-ish fares don't usually seem to last beyond a few days so snap these up while you can.

el toro
12-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Sometimes I book my return separately. JFK - SDQ One-Way is $137 (taxes incld) for March 14 when I wish to go. That's an unheard of price. I'm gonna jump on that I think and then later book my return from POP.

Mr. Smooth
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Sometimes I book my return separately. JFK - SDQ One-Way is $137 (taxes incld) for March 14 when I wish to go. That's an unheard of price. I'm gonna jump on that I think and then later book my return from POP.

I land in SDQ two days later and staying in Boca for a few days. Perhaps a night of bar hopping on Duarte could be possible, por favor??

el toro
12-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I land in SDQ two days later and staying in Boca for a few days. Perhaps a night of bar hopping on Duarte could be possible, por favor??

No doubt. I'll keep your PM with your dates and hit you up once we decide for sure, but I'm pretty set on arriving 3/14 for 2-3 days in BC.

lateforwork
12-06-2011, 10:13 PM
smfh @ $107 in taxes and fees

deezl
12-07-2011, 11:59 AM
AA just price-matched. Also nonstop flights out of JFK.

come on Continental, follow the trend - you know you want to!

psriches
12-07-2011, 11:13 PM
posted this in the Delta thread but worth creating a new thread in case anyone misses it. $307 r/t nonstop flights to DR. Sweet!

Price confirmed on delta.com.

$300-ish fares don't usually seem to last beyond a few days so snap these up while you can.

34182I like the Delta red eye on the return. I can go straight to work. It gives me another red eye option other than Jet Blue. Nice!!

ROVER
12-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Just to expand on what DEEZL has posted I just got this in my e-mail.

This is good news for the New York home team and especially the NY members (J.S. ? ) that fancy racking up those Skypesos. :corky:

Enjoy more flights to the Dominican Republic,
Puerto Rico and Bahamas from NYC. http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/031411_btn_dt_red_book_now.gif (http://e.delta.com/a/hBO4oTjB7R-H0B8e42oNHcFEj5y/dl1?OMNITURE_TAG=EMFAREAA001263120811190725) http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/110310_dyn_5c_div1.gif http://f.chtah.com/s/0/0/sharethis.pngShareThis (http://ebm.e.delta.com/c/tag/BO4oTjB7R-H0B8e42oNHcFEj5y/doc.html?t_params=I_PRFX%3D0%26CUST_ID%3D9201123180%26EMAIL%3Dphotonman00%2540yahoo.com%26FRST_NM%3DJohn%26LAST_NM%3DRutherford%26OMNITURE_TAG%3DEMFAREAA001263120811190725%26PRFX_NM%3DMr&t_sharepop=1) http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif Hello,

Arriving soon: more flights to Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas.

Beginning in March, we're adding more nonstop flights to the Caribbean from New York City to make it even easier for you to head south. Plus, book at delta.com (http://e.delta.com/a/hBO4oTjB7R-H0B8e42oNHcFEj5y/dl1?OMNITURE_TAG=EMFAREAA001263120811190725) by December 30, 2011, and you'll enjoy special each-way* Economy Class fares based on required round-trip purchase on the following expanded routes from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) or new service from LaGuardia Airport (LGA):

http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif http://f.e.delta.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif
http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif JFK - Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif Two Daily Flights http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif March 2, 2012 http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif $119 http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif
http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif JFK - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ) http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif Two Daily Flights http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif March 2, 2012 http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif $119 http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif http://f.chtah.com/i/19/2068312564/110110_1x2.gif
*Fares are each-way based on required round-trip purchase. Fares are valid in either direction.
Additional taxes/fees/restrictions/baggage charges may apply (http://e.delta.com/a/hBO4oTjB7R-H0B8e42oNHcFEj5y/dl1a?OMNITURE_TAG=EMFAREAA001263120811190725#terms).

Book (http://e.delta.com/a/hBO4oTjB7R-H0B8e42oNHcFEj5y/dl1?OMNITURE_TAG=EMFAREAA001263120811190725) one of these flights today for travel between March 2 and August 15, 2012, to take advantage of low fares on convenient, nonstop service to the Caribbean.

hugrad95a
12-14-2011, 05:52 AM
I see 333 right now on Delta to SDQ

deezl
03-23-2012, 04:21 PM
JFK-STI $299 R/T on Delta all-in. Price confirmed. Select dates in April (at least, I didn't check into May or beyond).

Looks like they fucked up and forgot to include US taxes which should've knocked the price up about $30, but their fuck-up is your gain if you jump now.

Rubicon
03-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Based on the attachment it indicates a tax of $107.10.

After checking, that same price applies to earlier departure dates as well.
SOB, I'm sitting here in limbo dying to tie down a date to go but can't until I hear from my doctor. I know with my luck, by the time I do, fares will be right back up to where they usually are.

joeysterr
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM

SOB, I'm sitting here in limbo dying to tie down a date to go but can't until I hear from my doctor. I know with my luck, by the time I do, fares will be right back up to where they usually are.

Book it now and cancel it if you still didn't hear from your doctor before 23hrs59min at NO fee

deezl
03-23-2012, 05:02 PM

Go ahead and book it! You'll have until midnight the following day to change your mind (assuming you expect to hear from your Dr soon) and if you don't know by then - go ahead and cancel, and if the fare is still available then book it again. Lather, rinse, repeat!

deezl
03-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Book it now and cancel it if you still didn't hear from your doctor before 23hrs59min at NO fee

great minds think alike! lol

delta's policy is a little better than the standard 24hr rule:

Tickets/Cancellation:
Cancellation request must be made by midnight of the day after the eTicket is purchased or midnight of the departure date of the first flight, whichever comes first. Available only for eTickets purchased at the time of reservation through Delta ticket offices and airport ticket counters, Reservation Sales, or at delta.com.

tarzan
03-23-2012, 05:12 PM
I jumped the gun and got my ticket about a month ago to POP. This would have saved me $150. I guess I'll see you guys there.

Rubicon
03-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Go ahead and book it! You'll have until midnight the following day to change your mind (assuming you expect to hear from your Dr soon) and if you don't know by then - go ahead and cancel, and if the fare is still available then book it again. Lather, rinse, repeat!

Well, with this being Friday, almost 6pm, I don't expect to hear from my doctor until Monday, at the earliest.
I've got to wait to hear from his office just for an appointment to go and see him. At that point I'm expecting a date for the operation. I'm trying to work around all of these variables. I was hoping to hear from his office by today with an appointment for next week and take off after that, or an appointment sometime after next week and get the hell out of here now.

We'll see.

Rubicon
03-23-2012, 05:26 PM
[-]great minds[/-] desperate mongers think alike! lol

Just a joke, guys. Don't get offended. lol

El-Rey
03-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Yea. Im doing the Delta flight. Cheap as hell. Hopefully the flight isnt packed cuz delta planes are a little tight.

balcoach
03-24-2012, 06:45 AM
I jumped the gun and got my ticket about a month ago to POP. This would have saved me $150. I guess I'll see you guys there.

Tarzan
After the transport costs to and from STI to get to the North coast, and even more, the headaches involved. Your are about even if you only had 150 difference.

Just my opinion.

but 299 to the RD is pretty good fare, all things considered.

El-Rey
03-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Tarzan
After the transport costs to and from STI to get to the North coast, and even more, the headaches involved. Your are about even if you only had 150 difference.

Just my opinion.

For my dates (4-19 to 4-24) I save only $38 After taxi. Yet I chose STI because of the times of the flites. I land before 1am and have enough time to get to After one.
Then I leave at 2am and land back at JFK at 6am and go straight to work. I like the odd hour flights because I doubt they will be crowded.

Apos
03-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Having just flown JFK to STI and STI to JFK on these 2:00 am flight I gotta tell ya they were TOTALLY PACKED! They were asking for volunteers to be bumped.

Also the planes and a little older with totally outdated "entertainment" consisting of a headphone jack and a tiny screen only every few rows unlike jetblue and other more modern fleets with seatback screens and multiple options for viewing and listening...and sometimes even a power plug.

The seating and isles are tight as well.

Not complaining, once in the air the flights went fast and more or less on time except for my last leg and I would not hesitate to take the same flights again.

A qualified recommendation but a budget saver this time around.

For my dates (4-19 to 4-24) I save only $38 After taxi. Yet I chose STI because of the times of the flites. I land before 1am and have enough time to get to After one.
Then I leave at 2am and land back at JFK at 6am and go straight to work. I like the odd hour flights because I doubt they will be crowded.

El-Rey
03-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Having just flown JFK to STI and STI to JFK on these 2:00 am flight I gotta tell ya they were TOTALLY PACKED! They were asking for volunteers to be bumped.

Also the planes and a little older with totally outdated "entertainment" consisting of a headphone jack and a tiny screen only every few rows unlike jetblue and other more modern fleets with seatback screens and multiple options for viewing and listening...and sometimes even a power plug.

The seating and isles are tight as well.

Not complaining, once in the air the flights went fast and more or less on time except for my last leg and I would not hesitate to take the same flights again.

A qualified recommendation but a budget saver this time around.

I wont lie, I really dont like delta. I fly to ATL and SFO every couple of weeks and the seats are just too tight. Yet I wanted to give it a go to DR and see if maybe a different type plane but I see I failed. American sends the larger plane and though it can be packed I almost always get bumped to 1st class.

DCIronman
03-24-2012, 02:34 PM
I wont lie, I really dont like delta. I fly to ATL and SFO every couple of weeks and the seats are just too tight. Yet I wanted to give it a go to DR and see if maybe a different type plane but I see I failed. American sends the larger plane and though it can be packed I almost always get bumped to 1st class.

Damn. I'm flying Delta to SDQ in May. And since I have a layover, we're looking at about 6-7 hrs flight time. That's too much time to be packed tight like sardines. I praying we have a bigger plane.:mad:

Damn I miss that COPA flight to STI for $374! I hope it comes back soon.

But $386 rt from the DC area on Delta is damned hard to beat right about now.:corky:

deezl
03-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Damn. I'm flying Delta to SDQ in May. And since I have a layover, we're looking at about 6-7 hrs flight time. That's too much time to be packed tight like sardines. I praying we have a bigger plane.:mad:

Damn I miss that COPA flight to STI for $374! I hope it comes back soon.

But $386 rt from the DC area on Delta is damned hard to beat right about now.:corky:

you can find out what plane u have by checking your reservation/flt#

$345 r/t flights to SDQ in May via American & Delta out of Baltimore pretty much every day of the month. $329 to STI.

DCIronman
03-24-2012, 02:55 PM
$345 r/t flights to SDQ in May via American & Delta out of Baltimore pretty much every day of the month. $329 to STI.

Not for the dates I need. And unfortunately, I can't be as flexible with my itinerary as I normally would be. The fellas and I are doing a motorcycle tour this trip. And I'm factoring in about 3 days or so to get some mongering in. So my dates are pretty set in stone.

And I refuse to do that 2am or 8am return flight bullshit. Taking all of that into consideration, I'm pretty happy with $386.:)

tarzan
03-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Tarzan

Just my opinion.

I took that into account when I was booking. At the time the delta flight was $378. That wouldn't be worth it for me as I'm in NJ 5min from EWR and would have to go to NY. Under $300 I would have been tempted, but you're right, in the end I wouldn't save more then $50 or so. This is a great alternative if you travel with one or two people to share the taxi expenses tho.

psriches
03-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I took that into account when I was booking. At the time the delta flight was $378. That wouldn't be worth it for me as I'm in NJ 5min from EWR and would have to go to NY. Under $300 I would have been tempted, but you're right, in the end I wouldn't save more then $50 or so. This is a great alternative if you travel with one or two people to share the taxi expenses tho.Or renting a car anyway!!

deezl
04-05-2012, 02:56 PM
$278.50 R/T JFK-STI redeye. Nice!

Fare available pretty much every day in April-May.

psriches
04-05-2012, 07:51 PM

44193It's amazing, Delta has been running this "under $300 incl tax" special for about 8 months now and not many here from New York seem to book them. I bought 3 so far.

DCIronman
04-05-2012, 09:07 PM
It's amazing, Delta has been running this "under $300 incl tax" special for about 8 months now and not many here from New York seem to book them. I bought 3 so far.

It's because most guys on here don't think about flying into any other DR airport but POP. Now if Delta starts a $300 special flying into POP, I may have to cop one of those myself. And I haven't flown into POP since '05.:rofl:

hugrad95a
04-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I would have been down there several times at that price. Sometimes work just sucks..

mrblackluv
04-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Damnn...
I see one or four of these in my future...but what about the rental counter?

Dont think I can get a car that late..:(

El-Rey
04-06-2012, 06:12 AM
I was talking to a pilot buddy of mine and he said POP is so expensive because the flights are always full. They make the same amount of money for one full flight with jacked up prices as they would with three 75% full flights and save on extra expenses. Mongers made pop expensive. Imma keep doing STI if it saves until airlines figure that one out too.

El-Rey
04-06-2012, 06:15 AM
He works or Airtran now and he also said they are looking to get into POP by next year. Right now they only fly to Punta Cana.

psriches
04-06-2012, 06:20 AM
I was talking to a pilot buddy of mine and he said POP is so expensive because the flights are always full. They make the same amount of money for one full flight with jacked up prices as they would with three 75% full flights and save on extra expenses. Mongers made pop expensive. Imma keep doing STI if it saves until airlines figure that one out too.He's probably referring to the all inclusive travelers that keep those flights to POP full. Not the monger! Santiago is always fully booked with Dominicans and they have alot more planes flying in. But yet the rates are always lower. So i'm pretty sure it's the all inclusive vacationers that keep POP so high.

El-Rey
04-06-2012, 06:22 AM
He's probably referring to the all inclusive travelers that keep those flights to POP full. Not the monger! Santiago is always fully booked and they have alot more planes flying in. But yet the rates are always lower.

I agree but That was my opinion about the Mongers. On my superbowl flite I did notice alot of families and couples so I d agree with that.

Gutter Meat
04-14-2012, 09:00 PM

I just booked Delta airlines JFK - SDQ for next week one way with taxes for $134 !!!!!

FARE: 79.00 USD
Tax: 55.00
Total: 134.00 USD

For my return flight, I was able to pull a Jet Blue flight from SDQ to JFK for $113 plus $103.60 in taxes = 216.60 total!!!

Fare USD 113.00
Taxes / Fees / Charges USD 103.60
Total Fare USD 216.60

Then I had a Jet Blue travel bank credit of $131

Form of Payment Travel Bank : XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX- USD 131.00

brought fare to $85 .60

My total fare round trip for this flight with taxes is $219.60!!!!

Without the credit it would of came out to $350

jacknback
04-14-2012, 09:17 PM
I just looked at a ticket the 2nd week of June from here in Fort Lauderdale to STI and return.

Only $726.50RT with a total of 34 hours travel!!!!Such a deal!!!!!!!!!!!:icontd:

jacknback
04-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Just tried to get close to your dates........could get 5/17 to STI for $319 with 12 hours and 45 minute travel
and return on 5/26(couldn't get the 25th)for (get this)$1205 with 36 hour travel time!!!!
Boy you can't beat these deals and I'm 1500 miles closer to the DR then you are!!!!!

Total RT is "only" $1519 with almost 50 hours total travel time!!!! for about a 1600 mile RT flight!!!!!

Oh by the way........this was economy!!!!

Skynyrd
04-14-2012, 11:29 PM
I just looked at a ticket the 2nd week of June from here in Fort Lauderdale to STI and return.

Only $726.50RT with a total of 34 hours travel!!!!Such a deal!!!!!!!!!!!:icontd:

I booked my Flight on American Orlando to pop 1st week of June 478.00 rt

deezl
04-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Just tried to get close to your dates........could get 5/17 to STI for $319 with 12 hours and 45 minute travel
and return on 5/26(couldn't get the 25th)for (get this)$1205 with 36 hour travel time!!!!
Boy you can't beat these deals and I'm 1500 miles closer to the DR then you are!!!!!

Total RT is "only" $1519 with almost 50 hours total travel time!!!! for about a 1600 mile RT flight!!!!!

Oh by the way........this was economy!!!!

if you start swimming right now you could probably beat the plane there.

how flexible are you on dates & airports? you could do 5/15-5/22 on AA out of MIA-STI for $287 R/T
or 5/15 through 5/19 or 5/23 on Spirit FLL-STI (redeyes both ways) for $247 R/T
those are all direct flights

TNT72
04-15-2012, 08:06 AM

how flexible are you on dates & airports? you could do 5/15-5/22 on AA out of MIA-STI for $287 R/T

Damn deezl!!

You have WAY too much time on your hands!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

deezl
04-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Damn deezl!!

You have WAY too much time on your hands!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:lol:

probably true, but mostly it's that i'm just good @ internet.

i can do a flight search faster than you can fall down and crack your melon.

:wink:

TNT72
04-15-2012, 12:51 PM
:lol:

probably true, but mostly it's that i'm just good @ internet.

i can do a flight search faster than you can fall down and crack your melon.

:wink:

Your awfully damn sure of yourself!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

deezl
04-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Your awfully damn sure of yourself!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's try a best of 7.

Somehow I think that even if I lose, I win.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

TNT72
04-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Let's try a best of 7.

Somehow I think that even if I lose, I win.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ummmm.....I'll pass. I have my Sosua badge now! One scar on the forehead is enough!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

jacknback
04-15-2012, 06:23 PM

Thanks deez but I was just trying to show that sometimes everyone can't get the "deal".
There is probably no doubt,that me living in Fort lauderdale I would check Spirit 1st!!!!:iconTU:

JDR
08-28-2012, 06:35 PM
My wingman calls me and asks if I can get away in January because its $347 RT to the Capital. Well we have our tickets. Can't pass on that price.

Señor JDR of Medellin
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
www.Capitalone.ca/skymag

3 miles per every Delta dolla

Welcome bonus of 25,000 miles

DCIronman
01-04-2013, 09:18 PM
My wingman calls me and asks if I can get away in January because its $347 RT to the Capital. Well we have our tickets. Can't pass on that price.

Just got $399 RT to Santiago in Feb. And it's not one of those crazy 2am itineraries. Delta is getting me there at 2pm. Gotta love that.

Señor JDR of Medellin
01-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Just got $399 RT to Santiago in Feb. And it's not one of those crazy 2am itineraries. Delta is getting me there at 2pm. Gotta love that.

Delta has great prices from NY. This is my 4th trip in two years.

DCIronman
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Delta has great prices from NY. This is my 4th trip in two years.

Well, the only time we get prices below $400 here in the DC area is generally during the summer. So when I see something for that price this time of year, I almost always pounce on it.

Delta is showing up lately. My last 3 or 4 flights have been with them.

Señor JDR of Medellin
01-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Well, the only time we get prices below $400 here in the DC area is generally during the summer. So when I see something for that price this time of year, I almost always pounce on it.

Delta is showing up lately. My last 3 or 4 flights have been with them.

I was going to use miles but everytime its around $325 - $349. Those are great values.

hugrad95a
01-25-2013, 01:31 AM
FYI Delta. 370 Round trip NYC to STI.

Feb 2-6

http://www.kayak.com/#/flights/NYC-STI/2013-02-01/2013-02-06

Hunter
01-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Big changes in Deltas FF program. see article below. I think the bottom line is they want to weed out the people who game the system...ie..DD....you are out DD :wink:

Attention travelers: Your high-flying status with Delta Air Lines may take a dive with the airline's new frequent flier rules.

Delta announced a new spending requirement Thursday for gaining elite status in the airline's SkyMiles program.

In addition to racking up Medallion qualifying miles or segments, passengers will have to spend a minimum dollar amount on tickets each year for each rung on the mileage ladder. For silver status, the spending requirement is $2,500. Gold status requires $5,000 in ticket purchases, $7,500 for platinum and $12,500 for diamond status.

The change starts on January 1, 2014, for membership status in the 2015 program.

"Adding a revenue component to the SkyMiles Medallion program ensures that our most valued customers receive the best program benefits and a more exclusive experience," said Jeff Robertson, vice president of the SkyMiles program, in a statement.

Tim Winship, publisher of Frequentflier.com expects a mixed reaction to the change among travelers,"depending on which side of the fence you find yourself on."

It's a win for business travelers who easily qualify for the programs through company-paid flights, Winship said, because fewer elite members means better odds for upgrades.

But travelers who have been using cheap flights as a status strategy, may get bumped down -- or out -- of the game, Winship said.

Justin Cook, a sales trainer from Orlando, Florida, flies nearly every week in the mid-Atlantic or the Southeast. Cook is a Delta Diamond Medallion member -- the highest level -- yet he estimates his company spends between $8,000 to $10,000 a year on his air travel, shy of the $12,500 requirement.

By 2015, he suspects he could drop two levels to gold status.

"I will actively be looking into other airlines to see if they will match my status."

whynotme
01-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Big changes in Deltas FF program. see article below. I think the bottom line is they want to weed out the people who game the system...ie..DD....you are out DD :wink:

In addition to racking up Medallion qualifying miles or segments, passengers will have to spend a minimum dollar amount on tickets each year for each rung on the mileage ladder. For silver status, the spending requirement is $2,500. Gold status requires $5,000 in ticket purchases, $7,500 for platinum and $12,500 for diamond status.

i dont fly delta so it won't affect me:corky:

but if united follows suit it may:icontd:or may not as ;

i spend about $7,000/year to get 100,000 paid flown miles and the rest of my flights i use my ff miles

hugrad95a
01-25-2013, 08:03 PM
United has already implemented something like that during the merger with Continental.. Now you have to have 4 paid flights to qualify for status. Meaning if you fly once or twice a year from the US to China you would be gold after two trips. Now to gain the status you have to have two additional paid flights anywhere to qualify for the status.

deezl
01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
United has already implemented something like that during the merger with Continental.. Now you have to have 4 paid flights to qualify for status. Meaning if you fly once or twice a year from the US to China you would be gold after two trips. Now to gain the status you have to have two additional paid flights anywhere to qualify for the status.

A round trip is (at minimum) two flights (one there, one back). two round trips = (at least) 4 flights.

Those flights have to be on UA or Copa, though.