PDA

View Full Version : How much to tip your caddy?

dashadow
01-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Anyone know how much to tip your caddy after playing golf? Usually you have to pay $25 for one, but how much tip is appropriate? Thanks.

princepointe
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone know how much to tip your caddy after playing golf? Usually you have to pay $25 for one, but how much tip is appropriate? Thanks.

I guess it really depends. Apparently I'm a big tipper so take this with a grain of salt. I usually tip about 5-10 bucks and hour when i'm playing 18 if they are a good spotter. I have a lot of trouble spotting my balls so that's what I need him for. I've been know to tip up to the cost of the round. These are usually young students so I try to hook them up. I think caddying is one of the more humbling jobs you can have so I tip accordingly.

Si_Poppi
01-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I think it depends on where you are.

In the Dominican Republic at the Playa Dorada Golf Club, the caddy fee is $15 for 18 holes and I usually tip 500 pesos plus a sleeve (3) of nice balls.
I'll buy him a couple of drinks and sometime give more balls and/or a golf club that I wouldn't mind replacing.

CentralNJDude
01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Played over at Playa Dorada late December.. Tipped the caddy $20 since he was not overally aggressive in correcting my messed up game. Bought a couple of Bohemia's while I was drinking and did also give him a couple of my old golf balls. You should check out the cart girl AnneMarie, great looking and friendly.. Unfortunately she scooped up and got married a few years ago..

dashadow
01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys, all great advice. I played Playa Dorada last January, and will be there again in about 2 weeks. Going to try to play Playa Grande as well. I always feel a little uncomfortable with tipping in another currency. Cant wait to get there!

MrHappy
01-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks guys, all great advice. I played Playa Dorada last January, and will be there again in about 2 weeks. Going to try to play Playa Grande as well. I always feel a little uncomfortable with tipping in another currency. Cant wait to get there!

Ooohhhh, you're going to like that! Great course..

CentralNJDude
01-05-2011, 09:31 AM
I talked to a few folks at the Playa Dorado clubhouse and they said the fairways at Playa Grande were pretty beat up after some of the recent storms/rains.. If you do play there, let me know how it is. If you can get to Santiago, try to play the Santiago Country Club, great course. Its a little hard to get to from the main road.