PDA

View Full Version : One year in jail for Major League pitcher in deadly shooting

gmalet
01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2011/1/4/38175/One-year-in-jail-for-Major-League-pitcher-in-deadly-shooting

SD. A Puerto Plata (north) court yesterday sent Baltimore Orioles pitcher Alfredo Simón to spend one year of prison, for allegedly killing a man and injuring the victim’s 17 year old brother in a New Year’s Eve shooting.

The Puerto Plata Instruction Court ruled for the motion by Assistant prosecutor Juan C. Hernandez, rejecting the defense request to relalse the Oriole reliever on bond.

Simón was taken to Puerto Plata yesterday, after goint to the office of the Police chief Jose Polanco, together with his lawyer Carlos Olivares, to turn himself in and face charges in the fatality which occurred in the section Los Salados, of the town Luperon.

gmalet
01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
1 year in jail?????

Snowman
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
This is a period where he stays in prison while the investigation takes place ,,,he may face the judges before the year is over or he may be ordered to spend more time there while the police investigate ..IT is unusual that he was not permitted bail. In the prisons in the DR , more than 85% of prisoners have not been sentenced. The guy is practically toast now.

greydread
01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
He'll be out by April.

steviewonder
01-04-2011, 10:22 PM
3 days to turn himself in. What are the odds that he gave the police the same gun that he used New Years Eve?;) The other issue here is whether the US will revoke his visa.:eek:

naptime
01-04-2011, 11:56 PM
a whole year.. in a cell with 20 naked thugs.... he's fucked. literally.

Klockman
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM

Yup, there's one pitcher that's going to do a little catching

mrblackluv
01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Damn..thats crazy...
A year while they investigate???

hugrad95a
01-05-2011, 12:44 AM
His dumb ass should have fled back to the US.. I would have been on the 3am flight from Santiago back to US. Let them investigate while I am in the US.

princepointe
01-05-2011, 03:12 AM
His dumb ass should have fled back to the US.. I would have been on the 3am flight from Santiago back to US. Let them investigate while I am in the US.

I was thinking the same thing. If something were to ever pop of in DR with me, I would be on the first thing smoking before they knew my name. lol

gdogg
01-05-2011, 04:59 AM

The Orioles would have sent him back on the first thing smoking...unless you meant that he should hide out stateside. Yeah, that might have worked. Too bad...he got me a few saves back in July and August on some fantasy teams.

cervezalover
01-05-2011, 05:15 AM

This guy will have his own cell with a/c and all the other amenities, with money in this country nothing is impossible

http://www.listin.com.do/la-republica/2011/1/4/172333/Hubo-fiesta-en-Najayo-entre-la-gente-de-Figueroa-Agostohttp://

www.listin.com.do/la-republica/2009/5/23/102240/Relato-de-los-hechos

MrHappy
01-05-2011, 06:07 AM
3 days to turn himself in. What are the odds that he gave the police the same gun that he used New Years Eve?;) The other issue here is whether the US will revoke his visa.:eek:

Today's new is reporting that the family of the victim are saying that things did not go down as our star player would lead us to believe.

They say the shooting was the result of an argument.

They are also indicating that the gun that was turned over to the police, is not the same gun he used to shoot the guy.

Gdogg is right, flying to states would have served no useful purpose. It would look like he was running, and he would have been sent back post haste.

The VISA issue? I'm guessing that's down the road a little further.

Some Dominican men are just like some Dominican women. You can give them the world on a silver platter, and they'll fuck it up.

JuanElGriego
01-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Too bad...he got me a few saves back in July and August on some fantasy teams.

Maybe you can print out our fantasy stat sheet from last year and come forward as a character witness for him? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

gdogg
01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Maybe you can print out our fantasy stat sheet from last year and come forward as a character witness for him? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd be tempted if he was good for than a few weeks! They can keep him.
:lol: