PDA

View Full Version : Travelman's Trip Questions

travelman
08-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks again for all the help. I was wondering what are the current hot spots in POP are Crystals and Franks open with selection?

What should I expect for current fees?

What are the hours post law changes?

I have decided to stay at BB but, I will venture down to Sosua and POP just to plan future trips if I like it.

One last one. For the vets where are you buying property in DR? I am planning retirement in 5 years when we sell our company and am considering spots all over so I may look around.

Jimmydr
08-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Make sure you have a good lawyer. 2000 pesos all night at Franks, no mas!

ErikS
08-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks again for all the help. I was wondering what are the current hot spots in POP are Crystals and Franks open with selection?

I believe both are still open.

What should I expect for current fees?

as JDR said, don't pay more than 2000 DR pesos for TLN. They will try for much more (especially in Crystals!).
And both places have a "Salida" (exit fee for taking the girls out). In Franks the "ISOC Salida" was a special rate of 500 pesos. In Crystals, again they will ask for more (1000+ depending on what time it is), but you should be able to negotiate it down to 500DR or less (you negotiate the Salida with the Club Owner/Manager, not the chica).

What are the hours post law changes?

The new closing times were midnight Sun -Thurs, and 2am on Fri & Sat.
Kevy just posted that a new decree allows bars in the tourist areas to now stay open till 1am Sun-Thurs. I'm not sure if this applies to POP?

I have decided to stay at BB but, I will venture down to Sosua and POP just to plan future trips if I like it.

If you are at BB for more than a day or two, a trip into POP and Sosua is a good idea.

One last one. For the vets where are you buying property in DR? I am planning retirement in 5 years when we sell our company and am considering spots all over so I may look around.

JDR is the man to talk to about this.

I have not been to POP in a while, so some of the info I posted might have changed recently. Keep reading the board for updates.

When are you going?
Enjoy your trip.