PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines and delayed baggage

Dark Knight
04-23-2005, 05:28 AM
I went to Santo Domingo from 4/11-4/21 on AA.On arrival my luggage was delayed 1 and 1/2 days and back to Boston my luggage was delayed as well.In fact I still have'nt gotten it!
American says all they will do is give you $25.00 a day after 24 hours.I don't think that's enough considering the inconvienence of it all.
Has anyone experienced any similar situation and is there anyway to to get a greater reimbursement from them.Thanks

Tonto4
04-23-2005, 09:33 AM
I went to Santo Domingo from 4/11-4/21 on AA.On arrival my luggage was delayed 1 and 1/2 days and back to Boston my luggage was delayed as well.In fact I still have'nt gotten it!
American says all they will do is give you $25.00 a day after 24 hours.I don't think that's enough considering the inconvienence of it all.
Has anyone experienced any similar situation and is there anyway to to get a greater reimbursement from them.Thanks

I only bring carry-on. SDQ is just a problem airport. Long waits. Don't care attitude. Always something to get my blood pressure up, and I'm fairly easy going. :(

BrooklynBeas
04-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Ive Been to DR 9 times... 3 times with Jet Blue, Once with Aeromar,when they were around and 5 times with AA... Ive only had my luggage lost once this last trip with Jet Blue... I was flying standby on buddy passes so they didnt give me shit! :cry:

Pana
04-23-2005, 10:08 PM
It has happened to me 2x already on AA and the 1st time it happend it took them 2 days to get my luggage to me :( lucky I had spare clothes in my carry on and my soap and toothpaste etc....,and the second time it happend I said to myself not again :roll: and this time only one of my bags didnt make it down and then I recieved it the next day, every time I travel now I always cross my fingers that luggage made it on the plane.

Cheeno
04-23-2005, 11:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that.

Next time, bring less clothing and bring only one small carry-on. I have my clothes dry cleaned at the hotel. They do a pretty good job.

bmag
04-24-2005, 12:22 AM
How Jetblue loses luggage on non-stop direct flights is beyond me. I just do the carry on now. I also dont do Jetblue anymore since they have the worst itinerary into Santiago only

BrooklynBeas
04-24-2005, 01:09 PM
How Jetblue loses luggage on non-stop direct flights is beyond me. I just do the carry on now. I also dont do Jetblue anymore since they have the worst itinerary into Santiago only

If Jet Blue has booked flight and there is too much weight on the plane then they may leave a few items behind in your departing airport... It's not like they lose them, they just dont send them...