PDA

View Full Version : 9 Days In Sosua, A Little help For The New Guys

poochai
04-23-2005, 06:54 PM
9 Days In Sosua, Long

I've just returned from 9 days in Sosua. I was scheduled for six but I just had to extend! It had been a year since I was there (actually 2 years since I've been in Sosua, I was in Boca Chica last year and a few trips to BlackBeards before that). I did some research on the board and decided to stay at The Europa. I've stayed at the Palace and BlackBeards before (both are great!!), but I decided that I wanted something a little quieter this time. I can't say enough good things about the Europa. The management is friendly, it's extremely chica friendly and the restaraunt is always good and convenient.

I never give a blow by blow trip report, so intead I will try and give some useful info for the new guys and some props to those who deserve it. The low point of this entire trip was the damn peso!! It stayed around 27.5 (to the dollar) the entire time that I was there and it was killing me!! I was used to 40-50 Per$, so as I'm toolling around and seeing that the prices have not moved, I soon realized that I was paying almost double for everything!! The DR is no longer a budget place and as much as I love it, I will not return untill they get this straightened out. I was in Thailand for 3 weeks in March so I couldn't help but keep comparing them. I miss Pattya!!

Since I mentioned Pattya, the closest thing to it in Sosua is Passions! If your in the Europa, you just go out the door, go left about 2 blocks and it's on the rightside. You can't miss it. There are normally 5 or 6 girls behind the bar wearing black skirts and orange tops. The reason that I said it reminds me of Pattya is that the girls are really alot of fun! They're a tight little group and if you get them going they'll start howling, laughing and getting very animated with thier storys. I loved it! I had a beer with the owner and he was a guy. A massage will cost you P900. I recommend this place! The prettiest smile goes to Carmen, nicest ass goes to Monica and the tightest bod goes to Maryann.

There are a few more bars down the road from passions but I never made it that far! If you head back down the road towards the Europa you will pass a gravel road on your right. Look down the road and on the left you will see what appears to be a castle. That's the famous Palace! I regret that I never stopped in to see John but that's just kinda what happens in The DR. You put things off for the next day and it never comes. As you continue down the road on the right you will see hamburger paradise. It's located in a small cove with sidewalk seating. This was about the closest thing that I found to budget eating. The food was decent, the service not bad for the DR. Continue the same way and about three doors down from the Europa there is a small open air bar, called??? There are about 4 girls working behind the Bar. Here is something for all the new guys to remember, almost all the girls in this town are avaliable!! if you like a girl just ask. At this bar the salida for a girl was P300. I took one out of there twice. A great experience the first time and so so the second.

As you continue past the Europa, the first bar that you will run into is Dominos Bar (on the right). It is a decent enough place, there are almost always girls there, starting from the Early afternoon untill the early morning. There is a staircase next to Dominos and it leads up to The Flamingo Club. I've only been there one time, and even though I was totally trashed, it was a very nice place. There are some really hot girls, the drink prices were comparable to everywhere else and the girls were not that pushy. My buddy took a girl out of here for a short time, but I do not remember what he paid. He had a regular girl so the chick had an apartment upstairs and that's where they went.

Across the street from Dominos is a farly new place, it's a round bar with a thatched roof. It seems to be the most popular place right now just to sit and drink. It's open 24 hours a day, and they've got a really hot day staff. There are always a few girls hanging around, all the time!! There is a small dominican soup shop in the building next door you go up some stairs and it's on a patio. They serve soup and I do not recommend it! I had one bowl and the next morning I had the shits with bad cramps for about three hours!

If you keep going down the road there are a few more bars.. About three blocks down is Sosua Life (wasn't this called the Merengue bar before?) and 2 doors down from there is the only Disco opened at this time. You can't miss it, it's upstairs and there are 2 bouncers at the bottom checking the girls Cedulas. It opens at midnight and starts rocking about 1am. It's a fun place and is just packed with chicks! if you haven't found what you wanted yet, you will find it here!

The places that I've mentioned are probably the most popular in town, but there are more, much more! One place that needs to be mentioned is also fairly new, it's called Baileys Bar. It's on the other side of town and very popular. I never had any food there, we would always just go to check out the staff! These girls are Beautiful!! It's definitely worth it to stop by.

Another is the Shark Bar down on the Beach (stall 66). It was my first time there and the owners, Lou and Justin are both great guys! They've got satelite radio there and they really jam. I'm not much of a day person but I made it down there 3 times just to have some beers, listen to the music and watch the girls go by. I also met the famous Jimmy DR on this trip and he is another good guy! He sponsored a party at the Shark Bar and the three of those guys went out of thier way to make sure that a good time was had by all!

A few quick mentions: Casa De Equipo, Stopped by there one night on the way back fron Cabarete. It was about 7pm and storming all day. from what i saw the place probably has possiblitys if you go later in the evening. It was dead during the day but at 7 there were a few lookers. Hotel Adventura, out side of Cabarete. I geuss this is a new place, they have the same thing going as BlackBeards/Palace. Nice rooms, cheap (750 pesos, he dosen't charge in dollars) and a decsent American/English owner.
The place is nice but way too far out for me.

I hope that this report helped some of the new guys and didn't bore the old guys. As I said earlier, I had'nt been to Sosua in 2 years so I used the boards to help me remeber where to go... and I just wanted to give something back. This is running a little long so I'll end it, but I will try to sit down and do a little comparison between The DR and LOS.

El Putanero

Ram
04-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Nice post!

There is no way any of us get bored of reports from DR....it's all we think about, it's all we really want to read about!
:D

Tonto4
04-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the report Pooch.

Coolhand
04-23-2005, 07:43 PM
great post

el_papi_chew_low
04-23-2005, 09:24 PM
pics :?: :twisted:

gdogg
04-23-2005, 10:22 PM
poochai,

Your post wasn't long at all, actually very concise...with very accurate info and directions. This will help readers who don't have time to read the real looooong posts. Thanks, and don't be a stranger!
:wink:

JDR
04-23-2005, 10:24 PM
About time you joined us. :D

BrooklynBeas
04-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Continue the same way and about three doors down from the Europa there is a small open air bar, called??? There are about 4 girls working behind the Bar.

Haligali Bar :grin:

icemancool68
04-26-2005, 06:51 PM
poochai we had som good times over there :grin:
" My buddy took a girl out of here for a short time, but I do not remember what he paid. He had a regular girl so the chick had an apartment upstairs and that's where they went."
I payd 1500 chica and i think 300 salida i just did not have the time to negotiate the price i think it would have been eazy to get 1000 for the chica. The upstairs was a fleebag room with only cold water shower.
The chica was exilent thogh.
I went 1 night to the disko at Playa Dorada with 2 chicas from BB
there is 150 peso enterence and 1 drink free and there were mostly
torist from Playa Dorada but i i did see a few realy good looking chicas
as i had 2 chicas with me i did not check them out.

el_papi_chew_low
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
pics :?: :twisted:

pics? :o