PDA

View Full Version : Enigma Disco in Puerto Plata????

FritoBandito
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Any thoughts or feelings about Enigma Disco in Puerto Plata??? For my next trip, I want to get outside of Sosua to explore the nightlife elsewhere. I've never been to Puerto Plata at night to go clubbing , so I think I'll give it a try.

I see that Cristals disco is next to the brothel. Is it a place where you could find a normal crowd, or is it like Classicos in Sosua, and mostly filled with putas???

If I go to Enigma or Cristals, will there be any gringos???

It looks like Enigma disco is just past Brugals rum factory on the main highway (Route 5). http://www.dr1.com/forums/images/smilies/chinese.gif

Thanks,
J.B.

Avenida Manolo Tavarez Justo puerto plata - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&biw=1020&bih=545&q=Avenida+Manolo+Tavarez+Justo+puerto+plata&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Avenida+Manolo+Tavarez+Justo,+Puerto+Plata,+Dominican+Republic&gl=us&ei=ge01TeKlAdPTgAf3qdWyCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA)

tonymd
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Cristals is like Passions in Sosua, you pay for the girls on site or takeout, yes you will see gringos there.

adios
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
I was in Enigma Disco with my wingman once. It was very crowded, everyone looked at the gringos who got lost there (we were the only ones)... but it was nice, anyway. Danced with several chicas.. I didn't pull anything there, because my wingman felt a bit uncomfortable after a while: in between about 100 Dominicans and it was the first DR trip. I would go there again, but with a chica or another monger! Just don't expect Cristal or Clasico... this is local.

Hoseman
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
I was in Enigma Disco with my wingman once. It was very crowded, everyone looked at the gringos who got lost there (we were the only ones)... but it was nice, anyway. Danced with several chicas.. I didn't pull anything there, because my wingman felt a bit uncomfortable after a while: in between about 100 Dominicans and it was the first DR trip. I would go there again, but with a chica or another monger! Just don't expect Cristal or Clasico... this is local.It only been open a couple of months my boy lives in PP and he took a friend of ours there they love the place.When I have been in PP it has been too early on the weekend I will have to check it out on the week days I have past it it did not seem like much was going on ,but it was only about 10.

weyland
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
It looks like Enigma disco is just past Brugals rum factory on the main highway (Route 5).
No, it isn't. I don't think it was ever in that area. For a few years recently it has been in Plaza Turistica under the Dry Bridge but last year it moved to the Malecon. See about halfway down the first part of my Malecon walk here:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=724198&postcount=1

I have not visited it since its recent move but if it is anything like it was at the Dry Bridge you are in for a big disappointment. I have rarely seen more than a dozen customers in there at one time. The staff are available for salida but I have never seen any single girls hooking in there though I am sure it happens.

A more lively disco for Dominican couples and parties is Orion, probably because drink prices are reasonable. Again, not haunted by putas but if you are younger, reasonable-looking and can dance I dare say you could pull a local chica as you do get groups of females going there for a night out. Male waiters.

Other dance-halls in the same general area are La Canita, Cabellon, and Teraza Caribe. These all play latin music only (bachata, merengue, salsa, tipico, reggaeton).

If you are looking for "First World" disco music you might be better off in the discos inside Playa Dorada.

If you have a car I would be happy to show you where these places are but, except for Friday, Saturday, and perhaps Sunday nights, they are usually dead, and sometimes even on those nights. And I would ask you to pay my taxi fare home (200 pesos) as I won't want to hang around until late.

El Bohen Night Club is also nearby. I just mention that in case you happen to have won the lottery lately.

Very few gringos in any of these locations.

It all depends if you are going out primarily to dance or to hunt chicas.

I see that Cristals disco is next to the brothel. Is it a place where you could find a normal crowd, or is it like Classicos in Sosua, and mostly filled with putas?
I think you are confused. Cristal "disco" is the brothel. It is not really a disco. Apart from the very occasional woman there with her boyfriend, there are only putas there. Lots of them and very expensive. You can do them on site or take them away. Around 5000 pesos for TLN and salida. Expensive drinks.

No-one goes there to dance. There is a dancefloor but that is used by the putas to dance or strip as a way of advertising their wares.

If you like Haitians and Haitian music there is Kakaobaka, but only lively on Sunday nights. Not for the faint-hearted. I haven't been since the crackdown so I don't know what the atmosphere is like these days. If it is bitter and resentful, you might be better avoiding the place as there were frequent fights there even in happier pre-earthquake days.

Hoseman
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
El Bohoeim is more of the Disco with Punta mix.Correct me if I am wrong Weyland.

weyland
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
El Bohen is more of the Disco with Punta mix. Correct me if I am wrong, Weyland.
You are right. There is a small dance-floor but I think it is mainly used by visiting males dancing with the resident whores rather than couples going there to enjoy an evening's dancing. (Orion fills the latter requirement).

But that is a slight difference from Cristal which had not occurred to me. I cannot afford to patronize either establishment so I cannot pretend to be an expert.

And I don't go out dancing so I have never worked out why some of the places I mentioned can be overflowing into the streets one week and dead the same day of the following week. But the locals seem to know where the action is going to be through their grapevine.

Hoseman
01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
You are right. There is a small dance-floor but I think it is mainly used by visiting males dancing with the resident whores rather than couples going there to enjoy an evening's dancing. (Orion fills the latter requirement).

But that is a slight difference from Cristal which had not occurred to me. I cannot afford to patronize either establishment so I cannot pretend to be an expert.

And I don't go out dancing so I have never worked out why some of the places I mentioned can be overflowing into the streets one week and dead the same day of the following week. But the locals seem to know where the action is going to be throuigh their grapevine.I was there last Weekend about 1 A.M. and I saw there plenty of Couples that is a nice size place that was the lastetI had been in there plenty of Couples in there.

FritoBandito
01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks for that excellent post on your walk along the malecon in POP, Weyland....I ate at the Sea Front Restaurant last March when I went over to see the parade in POP.

They had 99 peso food specials, and I ordered two, and had an excellent meal for under 200 pesos...I'l definitely stop in there again when I visit POP....:wink:

FritoBandito
01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey Weyland,

Enigma Club:
http://www.dr-restaurants.com/en/restaurant.php?id=177

So apparently this isn't the same place as the Enigma Club on the malecon, huh???? This one is supposed to be on the main highway.

No, it isn't. I don't think it was ever in that area. For a few years recently it has been in Plaza Turistica under the Dry Bridge but last year it moved to the Malecon. See about halfway down the first part of my Malecon walk here:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=724198&postcount=1

I have not visited it since its recent move but if it is anything like it was at the Dry Bridge you are in for a big disappointment. I have rarely seen more than a dozen customers in there at one time. The staff are available for salida but I have never seen any single girls hooking in there though I am sure it happens.

A more lively disco for Dominican couples and parties is Orion, probably because drink prices are reasonable. Again, not haunted by putas but if you are younger, reasonable-looking and can dance I dare say you could pull a local chica as you do get groups of females going there for a night out. Male waiters.

Other dance-halls in the same general area are La Canita, Cabellon, and Teraza Caribe. These all play latin music only (bachata, merengue, salsa, tipico, reggaeton).

If you are looking for "First World" disco music you might be better off in the discos inside Playa Dorada.

If you have a car I would be happy to show you where these places are but, except for Friday, Saturday, and perhaps Sunday nights, they are usually dead, and sometimes even on those nights. And I would ask you to pay my taxi fare home (200 pesos) as I won't want to hang around until late.

El Bohen Night Club is also nearby. I just mention that in case you happen to have won the lottery lately.

Very few gringos in any of these locations.

It all depends if you are going out primarily to dance or to hunt chicas.

I think you are confused. Cristal "disco" is the brothel. It is not really a disco. Apart from the very occasional woman there with her boyfriend, there are only putas there. Lots of them and very expensive. You can do them on site or take them away. Around 5000 pesos for TLN and salida. Expensive drinks.

No-one goes there to dance. There is a dancefloor but that is used by the putas to dance or strip as a way of advertising their wares.

If you like Haitians and Haitian music there is Kakaobaka, but only lively on Sunday nights. Not for the faint-hearted. I haven't been since the crackdown so I don't know what the atmosphere is like these days. If it is bitter and resentful, you might be better avoiding the place as there were frequent fights there even in happier pre-earthquake days.

weyland
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey Weyland,

Enigma Club:
http://www.dr-restaurants.com/en/restaurant.php?id=177

So apparently this isn't the same place as the Enigma Club on the malecon, huh???? This one is supposed to be on the main highway.
That is where the nightclub used to be (and nowhere near the Brugal plant) until it moved to the Malecón last summer. I never noticed a restaurant there. It is just possible the restaurant is still there, but very low key if it is. The staff and customers in the club seemed to use a pizzeria in the same mall if they got hungry.

The Enigma Club at the Dry bridge was notable for a sign the wording of which I always found slightly humorous. It is described near the start of this post, but it is no longer there:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=716286&postcount=1

Mr Hillbilly
01-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Any thoughts or feelings about Enigma Disco in Puerto Plata??? For my next trip, I want to get outside of Sosua to explore the nightlife elsewhere. I've never been to Puerto Plata at night to go clubbing , so I think I'll give it a try.

I see that Cristals disco is next to the brothel. Is it a place where you could find a normal crowd, or is it like Classicos in Sosua, and mostly filled with putas???

If I go to Enigma or Cristals, will there be any gringos???

It looks like Enigma disco is just past Brugals rum factory on the main highway (Route 5). Click to see pic (http://www.dr1.com/forums/images/smilies/chinese.gif)

Thanks,
J.B.

Avenida Manolo Tavarez Justo puerto plata - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&biw=1020&bih=545&q=Avenida+Manolo+Tavarez+Justo+puerto+plata&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Avenida+Manolo+Tavarez+Justo,+Puerto+Plata,+Dominican+Republic&gl=us&ei=ge01TeKlAdPTgAf3qdWyCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA)

Nacho--

There is a big Rancho Tipco past Texaco where you turn to go to Blackbeards had girls sitting there even am during the week last week when I went by.

Chalos or Charlies in POP on wednesdays has 200 peso beer bongs and there is some hot ones there. Kareoke night or something on wednesday.

Roadway disco [Playa Dorada] on saturday nights are good IF there isn't a big concert somewhere else nearby same night.

Spent time in those other disco's in POP mostly sausage fests and not so good looking chicas.

Hoseman
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Just for Clarification it is on the Malecon next to the Accueros Restaurant.

weyland
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Just for clarification, it is on the Malecón next to Aguaceros Restaurant.
Si, señor.

MrHappy
01-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Dry bridge................ heh heh, Weyland, you've been here too long.

terrierist
01-20-2011, 09:12 PM
The new Enigma club (moved from near the Dry Bridge), is a big waste of time. They have only a half dozen of the ugliest girls in Puerto Plata, to go along with their expensive drinks.

Mi esposa's prima works there, and so I've been a few times, but it's really quite dead. My advice is to look elsewhere.

vagabond
03-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I just had lunch at Aquaceros the other day, and saw they (Enigma) advertised with 25 beautifull girls, but I guess reality is very different :)

steviewonder
03-18-2011, 05:29 PM
I just had lunch at Aquaceros the other day, and saw they (Enigma) advertised with 25 beautifull girls, but I guess reality is very different :)

It is, especially for this place:wink: Frito, as mentioned B4 La Canita on Monday PM, and weekends are easy chica pick ups, and the place in rammed and safe 4 gringos. You will find more chica groups there looking for guys to buy beers and dance, as well as an exit. Rancho Tipico only on Sat. and Sun PM. All chicas serving are 500 pesos salida B4 neg. w/chica. These girls only work 4 tips and will neg. to get out ASAP. Like Weyland, Cristals is off the chart 4 me, but just down the street on the malecon you can visit 4 - 6 nice beach bars where there's usually chicas available for a meet and greet. IMHO the other places such a El Furgon, Chalos, and even Charlies, but these places while there's chicas there, tend to sway more to the Dominican males that are hunting them, and in most cases have already established a connection. Happy hunting:biggrin:

weyland
03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I have been to Kakaobaka a couple of times lately, once on a Saturday and once on a Sunday. It is now managed by an old (in both senses) girlfriend of mine and, rather to my surprise, she seems to be doing a great job. I cannot exactly put my finger on what she has done but there is a much more relaxed atmosphere there now. For one thing she has closed up the front entrance, leaving only the side entrance. Maybe this helps security to monitor any bad elements. The other thing there is that the music, though still too loud, is not as deafening as in most clubs. I put this down to Haitians not being able to afford more powerful speakers, but that may be unfair. Drinks are same price as in Dominican clubs whereas Haitian places are usually cheaper.

Ratio is still about 3 men to 1 woman and there were only about 15 haitianas there each time I went, but many of them were good-lookers. You would need to be very careful about assessing who was available and who was with their regular husband or boyfriend though (not that these categories are necessarily mutually exclusive).

So not really a pick-up place, although the guy I was with made a date with a pretty young waitress, but a little bit different from the usual bars if you like Haitian music (they play plenty of bachata and reggaeton too, also reggae). Interesting to see the Haitians more confident, happy and stylish on their own turf compared with Sosúa.

Doesn't warm up to around 9.30pm but that is still earlier than most bars. I think it is only Haitian on Saturdays and Sundays (maybe Fridays too). Just a dead Dominican bar other nights.

hugrad95a
03-18-2011, 10:40 PM
I can vouch vouch for El Chalo, there some nice chica's in there I was with two so I couldn't pull or get any numbers but I would have and for 300 peso's those yards of beer were on point.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/65684ca0d44626c59.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/65684b8e99aaf04ac.jpg