PDA

View Full Version : Which Sunday is Carnival in Santiago?

tpaz37
01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
I have looked everywhere and can't find an answer, I have to know before I can book the ticket. Thanks guys I know someone will come through with the date for me.

Mr Hillbilly
01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I was there last sunday in Feb -- it was last day in La Vega for Carnaval I was there by day-- then in Santiago that night-- people everywhere big concert northwest of monument.

I would assume same goes for this year--

tpaz37
01-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks Hillbilly, but isn't the last Sunday in February the 27th, which is Independence Day, or if that just celebrated in La Capital? That is why I'm confused I would hate to show up in Santiago on the 27th and find out that they are not doing carnival, but rather a military type parade. That would suck ass, in a bad way. LOL, and just like you, I went to La Vega and Santiago last year, I loved it and want a repeat. The schedule for last year was, arrive in Santiago on a Thursday, stayed there until Saturday morning, headed to La Vega for carnival that day, and Santiago that night, I partied in Santiago and went to passions, the next day Sunday, I enjoyed carnival there, then on Monday morning I went to Lifestyles resort in POP and stayed until Wednesday, and not knowing POP at all, I drove to Sosua all three nights for mongering, and then returned to SDQ on Thursday morning and enjoyed that carnival that Sunday and went home the following day.

Mr Hillbilly
01-24-2011, 05:51 AM
I know what you mean about the dates -- I wanted to go to Santo Domingo Carnaval this year first week in March with nephew but couldn't get the info so going to Cartagena instead.

Westy
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Carnival... isn't that the same time as Mardi Gras? The weekend before Lent?

Ash Wednesday is March 9th this year. Carnival should be March 5-8.

gdogg
01-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Santo Domingo's carnival is 27 February. I would assume Santiago's would be on the same day, but don't hold me to that.

JD426
01-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Santiago is on the 27th, but there is something in front of the monument on the 25th, when they will show all the costumes.

hugrad95a
02-24-2011, 10:28 PM
http://carnavalvegano.com/cv/

JD426
02-25-2011, 12:00 AM
I think the date has been moved to March 5th ?

KoKi9290
02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
I was told the big day in SDQ was March 6 but that might be the Independence Day Parade. Military and marching bands. I was there last year and found the parade boring but the chicas, wao! Chime in Mr. Happy and educate us.

MrHappy
02-28-2011, 07:41 AM
I was told the big day in SDQ was March 6 but that might be the Independence Day Parade. Military and marching bands. I was there last year and found the parade boring but the chicas, wao! Chime in Mr. Happy and educate us.

The 27th is the big day for the entire island. Every town has their own celebration. Most have a psuedo parade, with costumes, drum brigades, the whole nine yards.

Haina was a fucking zoo yesterday.

Every single girl from the entire town were hanging out on the parade route.

I think every motorcycle in Haina was there too.