PDA

View Full Version : International Living: "Don't Overlook The D.R."

Westy
01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
The January International Living Magazine has a two-page spread on "our favorite island": "Don't Overlook The D.R., a Caribbean Gem"

Major points they discuss are Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Punta Cana, and of course Santo Domingo. The author didn't say anything about Sosua, though she does mention Sea Horse Ranch (as if it were part of Cabarete). Maybe she didn't get a look at Calle P.C.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

weyland
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
... she does mention Sea Horse Ranch (as if it were part of Cabarete).
That could be because it is part of Cabarete.

Westy
01-24-2011, 06:52 PM
The January International Living Magazine has a two-page spread on "our favorite island": "Don't Overlook The D.R., a Caribbean Gem"

Major points they discuss are Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Punta Cana, and of course Santo Domingo. The author didn't say anything about Sosua, though she does mention Sea Horse Ranch (as if it were part of Cabarete). Maybe she didn't get a look at Calle P.C.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That could be because it is part of Cabarete.
Well, if you say so. I was going by Google Earth, which shows the east end of Sea Horse Ranch as 2.3 miles from the center of Sosua but 5 miles from the center of Cabarete ... as the crow, and the cursor on a GIS system, flies. But what do I know? I'm a cartographer, not a real-estate developer.

WickedWillie
01-24-2011, 08:00 PM
The town or municipality boundary of Sosua and Cabarete is at the El Choco road. Thats the road that goes up to the Casa Linda development.

For example the Sosua Ocean Village project is actually in Cabarete. As they found out a couple of years back after having paid taxes to Sosua municipality they then got a demand from Cabarete town. I hear they paid twice as Sosua refused them a refund.