PDA

View Full Version : Bambu

Sidney
01-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Bambu

Avoid. Sosua is infintly better. The place is full of DR druggos, chulos, and gays. Men outnuber ho's 3 x 1. The chicas are worthless :mad:

Sidney
01-25-2011, 06:58 AM
Never, but never 'do' a Bambu ho! :mad:

Over many years, they are all worthless= liars, non providers, thieves, etc. The latest was an attractive 6'3' Haitian and her small, conniving accomplice. It started from an immediate demand of 4000 each, up from the agreed 1500 pesos TLN. But Denied. Just terrible sex! Avoid I think one of them is named Genny. :mad:

RickRock
01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I will be in Cabarete for 8 days this summer. If Bambu is to be avoided, are there any other good spots to pull chicas? Any massage or onsite places?

Thanks!

Nakom
01-25-2011, 02:02 PM
I will be in Cabarete for 8 days this summer. If Bambu is to be avoided, are there any other good spots to pull chicas? Any massage or onsite places?

Thanks!

Have you been reading this board???? Take a cab, bus, moto, publico, or rent a scooter / car and head to Sosua. It is only 12 min away, and there 200x more chicas than Cabarete.

Cabarete is a nicer place to stay - but way over-priced and hard to find quality chicas.

Mr. Smooth
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Bambu

Avoid. Sosua is infintly better. The place is full of DR druggos, chulos, and gays. Men outnuber ho's 3 x 1. The chicas are worthless :mad:

Thanks Sid. I went to the Bambu back in '07 and had a good time. Plenty of nice chicas then. Went once last year as a break from Sosua and was pretty disappointed. Plus, at night, I couldn't find a gua gua to get back, had to take a taxi for 400 pesos.

Cabarete is nice for a day time excursion with some nice (though expensive) bars and I love hanging at the beach with the constant breeze. Jose O' Shays is a nice hangout but with the added cost in tax and service fees, your bill will add up real quick.

I'm sure guys like WickedWillie know their way around and the best places to go for nighttime fun.

Seville
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks Sid. I went to the Bambu back in '07 and had a good time. Plenty of nice chicas then. Went once last year as a break from Sosua and was pretty disappointed. Plus, at night, I couldn't find a gua gua to get back, had to take a taxi for 400 pesos.

Cabarete is nice for a day time excursion with some nice (though expensive) bars and I love hanging at the beach with the constant breeze. Jose O' Shays is a nice hangout but with the added cost in tax and service fees, your bill will add up real quick.

I'm sure guys like WickedWillie know their way around and the best places to go for nighttime fun.

From what I have been hearing out of Cabarete only ask WickedWillie's advice if you want a massage from someones grandmother.:wink:

Jimbo44
01-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Last trip I rode my scooter with Robert all the way to Caberete from Sosua, during the day, we even stopped off at places on the way. Once I get to Caberete, and it was not my first time of course, i spent no more than 20 min there, and said to Robert, "lets blow this hot dog stand". I t was dead, and the few chicas I saw were terrible looking. I wouldnt even botehr at night!! I do know where a good bar is oof the rode on the south side that plays local bachata/merengue music.

Nakom
01-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Fri / Sat nights on the beach in Cabarete are awesome! Not many putas, but all kinds of drunk good looking women (tourist and local).

Seville
01-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Fri / Sat nights on the beach in Cabarete are awesome! Not many putas, but all kinds of drunk good looking women (tourist and local).

Which is exactly why Jimbo doesn't like it there:wink: And you can't wear stilleto heels on the beach either.

RickRock
01-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Have you been reading this board???? Take a cab, bus, moto, publico, or rent a scooter / car and head to Sosua. It is only 12 min away, and there 200x more chicas than Cabarete.

Cabarete is a nicer place to stay - but way over-priced and hard to find quality chicas.

LOL Yes I have read the board. I am going to Sosua (for the second time) for 14 days before moving to Cabarete for 8 days to relax and recover. Booked an AI in Cabarete for $30/day on the beach. Just thinking that I may want to hit something in Cabarete during my "down-time".

Scofflaw~

SeaWeed
01-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Booked an AI in Cabarete for $30/day on the beach. Just thinking that I may want to hit something in Cabarete during my "down-time".

Scofflaw~May I ask what the name of the AI is in Cabarete for $30/day?

RickRock
01-25-2011, 06:58 PM
May I ask what the name of the AI is in Cabarete for $30/day?

Celuisma Cabarete (Adults Only). I had a discount coupon from hotels4u.com as a return user. Cost $32.60/night for 8 nights in July (high season, I think). Never been to Cabarete so I'm hoping the beach/resort is nice.

Scofflaw~

weyland
01-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Plus, at night, I couldn't find a gua gua to get back, had to take a taxi for 400 pesos.
The guaguas don't run at night but the carritos/publicos (shared taxis) do. I have often taken one (35 pesos).

And 400 pesos seems a lot. I would have thought 300 tops unless it was in the small hours of the morning (after 2.00am).

Bug Boy
01-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Many years ago there was a bar just before the begining of Cabarete call Casa de Equipo and I pulled an incredibly cute girl out of there but I don't think it is there anymore. Also if you see the shared taxi (they are identified by the red taxi tag instead of a white one) you could probably get the entire cab to yourself for 200 peso's although it is fun to get into a taxi with 3 chicas. $35.00 for a taxi from the airport to Sosua and 200 peso from sosua to the airport. it is easy enough to get the cell phone numbers of any number of taxi drivers that speak a bit of english and they have always found me a good selection of 1000-1500 peso semi pro girls and for like 20-30 bucks a day they can be your personal driver.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
01-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Last trip I rode my scooter with Robert all the way to Caberete from Sosua, during the day, we even stopped off at places on the way. Once I get to Caberete, and it was not my first time of course, i spent no more than 20 min there, and said to Robert, "lets blow this hot dog stand". I t was dead, and the few chicas I saw were terrible looking. I wouldnt even botehr at night!! I do know where a good bar is oof the rode on the south side that plays local bachata/merengue music.

I'm jerking your chain- but, c'mon! "All the way" to Cabarete???
Jimbo, it's 5 minutes! I took a motoconcho once when I was in a hurry to meet a chica there.
And yeah, if you have a minute or two to wait: the shared-taxi/"publico" is the way to go. I think there's a five/ten peso premium at night, because lastvyear it was like 25 pesos to Cabarete during the day- and about 30/35 back at night.

weyland
01-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Many years ago there was a bar just before the begining of Cabarete call Casa de Equipo and I pulled an incredibly cute girl out of there but I don't think it is there anymore.
It was more than a bar. It was a full-scale brothel with many chicas living on site. Long gone, I am afraid. Not only closed but knocked down and redeveloped as (I believe) condos.

weyland
01-25-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm jerking your chain- but, c'mon! "All the way" to Cabarete? Jimbo, it's 5 minutes!
You got to remember that Jimbo is agoraphobic. He has funny turns if he finds himself more than five minutes walk from New Garden or the Strip. He probably needed oxygen to make it all the way to Cabarete.

A trip to Puerto Plata was definitely too much for him. He was sweating and breathing heavily in the La Sirena cafeteria. Robert12345 had to take him down to the ladies shoe department and pose in high heels to quieten him down.

Seville
01-25-2011, 08:48 PM
You got to remember that Jimbo is agoraphobic. He has funny turns if he finds himself more than five minutes walk from New Garden or the Strip. He probably needed oxygen to make it all the way to Cabarete.

A trip to Puerto Plata was definitely too much for him. He was sweating and breathing heavily in the La Sirena cafeteria. Robert12345 had to take him down to the ladies shoe department and pose in high heels to quieten him down.

And for the record, I looked damn good in those high heels. At least Jimbo, and one other old ex-pat, thought so.:wink: It was for medicinal purposes.

WickedWillie
01-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Bambu

Sid, have YOU ever been to Bambu or even Cabarete at night??????

WickedWillie
01-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Never, but never 'do' a Bambu ho! :mad:

Over many years, they are all worthless= liars, non providers, thieves, etc. The latest was an attractive 6'3' Haitian and her small, conniving accomplice. It started from an immediate demand of 4000 each, up from the agreed 1500 pesos TLN. But Denied. Just terrible sex! Avoid I think one of them is named Genny. :mad:

Sounds like Classicos ho's to me, ya think they could be the same?????

WickedWillie
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Just think how long it would have taken to get laid if you had stayed in Cabarete:biggrin:

WickedWillie
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
From what I have been hearing out of Cabarete only ask WickedWillie's advice if you want a massage from someones grandmother.:wink:

It's going to go down as one of life's regrets that I didn't take your call and bailed, I thought it was the novia checking up on me:wink:

WickedWillie
01-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Celuisma Cabarete (Adults Only). I had a discount coupon from hotels4u.com as a return user. Cost $32.60/night for 8 nights in July (high season, I think). Never been to Cabarete so I'm hoping the beach/resort is nice.

Scofflaw~

It's 3 km east of Cabarete town.

WickedWillie
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Many years ago there was a bar just before the begining of Cabarete call Casa de Equipo and I pulled an incredibly cute girl out of there but I don't think it is there anymore. Also if you see the shared taxi (they are identified by the red taxi tag instead of a white one) you could probably get the entire cab to yourself for 200 peso's although it is fun to get into a taxi with 3 chicas. $35.00 for a taxi from the airport to Sosua and 200 peso from sosua to the airport. it is easy enough to get the cell phone numbers of any number of taxi drivers that speak a bit of english and they have always found me a good selection of 1000-1500 peso semi pro girls and for like 20-30 bucks a day they can be your personal driver.

Happy memories:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WickedWillie
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
It was more than a bar. It was a full-scale brothel with many chicas living on site. Long gone, I am afraid. Not only closed but knocked down and redeveloped as (I believe) condos.

Closed down, knocked down but not yet redeveloped. The owner pocketed US$1 million. Probably just a tad more than he made in salidas and room charges.:wink:

drdreamer
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakom http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=893762#post893762)

Just think how long it would have taken to get laid if you had stayed in Cabarete:biggrin:

Priceless.. I couldn't have said it better myself......:rofl:

RickRock
01-25-2011, 11:40 PM
It's 3 km east of Cabarete town.

Since I'm staying in an AI there, are there any massage or onsite places in Cabarete? The Cabarete threads are a little thin.

Thanks!
Scofflaw~

Jimbo44
01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Which is exactly why Jimbo doesn't like it there:wink: And you can't wear stilleto heels on the beach either.

I dont have time to play with non putas and the games that go along with it. I have enough of that shit here in NY.

Jimbo44
01-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Jimbo, it's 5 minutes! I took a motoconcho once when I was in a hurry to meet a chica there.
And yeah, if you have a minute or two to wait: the shared-taxi/"publico" is the way to go. I think there's a five/ten peso premium at night, because lastvyear it was like 25 pesos to Cabarete during the day- and about 30/35 back at night.
5 Min, no freaking way!! Unles u r going maybe 80 mph. I stay to the right side of the road, and go about 35mph. Plus I stop on the way at a few places. I will add tho, that i have met several chicas at the clubs in sosua who tell me that they live in Caberete tho. So, I assume they r aroung during the day.

ralphie1
01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
5 Min, no freaking way!! Unles u r going maybe 80 mph. I stay to the right side of the road, and go about 35mph. Plus I stop on the way at a few places. I will add tho, that i have met several chicas at the clubs in sosua who tell me that they live in Caberete tho. So, I assume they r aroung during the day.

all the chicas are from somewhere else.....so they say. lol bet you would be shocked how many are sosua local

Mr. Smooth
01-26-2011, 04:03 AM
The guaguas don't run at night but the carritos/publicos (shared taxis) do. I have often taken one (35 pesos).

And 400 pesos seems a lot. I would have thought 300 tops unless it was in the small hours of the morning (after 2.00am).

Actually it was closer to 11pm. The street was pretty dead, it was a weeknight and I was just looking for a little something different. Should have known better.

I didn't even see a publico. The taxi guy originally wanted 500 pesos, I countered with 300 and we agreed to 400.

My next time down, if I go to Cabarete at night, it will be a Fri or Sat.

MrHappy
01-26-2011, 06:41 AM

Um.... hold on a sec.... isn't that what you find back home? Why come to Cabarete?

MrHappy
01-26-2011, 06:44 AM

The guy on the motorcycle that bought the farm and took his GF and a couple of other kids with him was trying to make the trip in 5 minutes.

So much for that argument.

Sidney
01-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Sid, have YOU ever been to Bambu or even Cabarete at night?????? Folr 10 years. I lived there for 9 months in 2007. Gave up on the area in 2007 because of many crime incidents. I returned to AR.

Sidney
01-26-2011, 08:10 AM

I agree on 2007. Many of the hottest of Sosua tried it for bigger money. Do you remember the super hot Margarita?

Sidney
01-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Sid, have YOU ever been to Bambu or even Cabarete at night??????I wrote this on another website in 2007: Illusion versus Reality--Why I moved away from Sosua/Cabarete I visited the area several times over the last 5 years and loved it for all the reasons that many of you love it. I began living there full time in February. But in reality, I began to see the dark, ugly things about the area--these are random notes of mine: my Dominican gf afraid to walk on vitually deserted beach, car rear-ended--hit and run and the police refused to help, an armed robbery attempt of my house , an armed robbery attempt of Orilla del Mar(my rental) by 4 bandits= a 30 shot gunfight, bandits return in revenge gunfight with security--owners attempt a cover-up possibly to protect their properties value and/or rental income, pickpockets, police totally corrupt, crime atmosphere, the stories of friends terrorized by criminals, high prices, huge fear of an accident = loco drivers, pedestrians, and motos, police actively seek bribes on jfk, police will not protect me. no laws are observed and no laws enforced, con games, inflated prices = beer, food, cars, gasoline, difficulties of cedulla and registration, impossible to buy a house , must rent cars, gas 4.75 a gal, internet and electricity interruptions, supermarket food expensive , security and police are afraid to come to your rescue, 12 policemen raid a nice restauarant in Juan Dolio with loaded shotguns and semi-automatic rifles terrorizing the patrons--because the music was too loud, and dengue and typhoid fever, police persecution of Haitians seeking bribes.:mad:

WickedWillie
01-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Folr 10 years. I lived there for 9 months in 2007. Gave up on the area in 2007 because of many crime incidents. I returned to AR.

So your original 2 posts were based on your experience of 4 years ago??

Jimmydr
01-26-2011, 09:30 AM
all the chicas are from somewhere else.....so they say. lol bet you would be shocked how many are sosua local

Well the ones that came there 10 years ago to work I guess are now considered locals.

ralphie1
01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Well the ones that came there 10 years ago to work I guess are now considered locals.

...but tell everybody they are from santiago. lol nobody will admit to being from sosua, well, nobody except for robert 123321. i guess being from sosua makes you a slut

Sidney
01-26-2011, 12:26 PM
So your original 2 posts were based on your experience of 4 years ago??
No they in the last 5 days. Why do I bother to post?

Mr Hillbilly
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Why do I bother to post?

So you can first to report what happens when the ISOC taxi service meets up with taxi mafia!!

I will want ALL the details!

WickedWillie
01-26-2011, 12:50 PM
No they in the last 5 days. Why do I bother to post?

Oh OK Sid, now I get it, this was your personal experience in the last 5 days.

You had 1 duff muff with terrible sex and you are now advising everyone to avoid Bambu based on a solo experience.

Pretty sure I've never read anywhere that guys get the $$$ upward sell and a lousy shag. Do hookers try that shit for real???

Never happens in Sosua for sure.

Must just be in Bambu, you are right, stay away:wink:

Nakom
01-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Um.... hold on a sec.... isn't that what you find back home? Why come to Cabarete?

1) I can't pick up 18 - 25 year old women at home.

2) Drunk tourists (any age) on vacation are always 100X more open to a one night stand.

3) I travel for the vacation first, the hookers are just an added bonus.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
The guy on the motorcycle that bought the farm and took his GF and a couple of other kids with him was trying to make the trip in 5 minutes.

So much for that argument.

Jeez, I didn't have a stopwatch!
"seemed like 5 minutes"
and, no the motoconch was not speeding, and no I never felt unsafe.
But, again- the publicos are the way to go!
I was actually harangued by said chica when she I told her I took a motoconcho- she said it's too far of a trip (ironically, I did it to not keep her waiting long!). Seemed fine to me

Sidney
01-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh OK Sid, now I get it, this was your personal experience in the last 5 days.

You had 1 duff muff with terrible sex and you are now advising everyone to avoid Bambu based on a solo experience.

Pretty sure I've never read anywhere that guys get the $$$ upward sell and a lousy shag. Do hookers try that shit for real???

Never happens in Sosua for sure.

Must just be in Bambu, you are right, stay awayBe my guest! Go for it. Your luck and skills are better than mine! If you read, I gave you specifics. Tens years of strikeouts for me. Surely you can find the 6'3'' Haitian. Happy Bambu mongering. I'll stick with Sosua. :lol:

austin
01-26-2011, 06:39 PM
A couple months ago a friend picked up a chica in Bambu... she changed the price when he got to the cabañas to 300 usd... he was drunk and horny so he paid it...

he also got pick pocketed by another chicha on the beach west of LAX... while he negotiated with her... guess he was pretty drunk!

Sidney
01-31-2011, 06:55 AM
Sid, have YOU ever been to Bambu or even Cabarete at night??????
Sunday night 11pm = no chicas in Bambu! Is that negative?:rolleyes:

WickedWillie
01-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Sunday night 11pm = no chicas in Bambu! Is that negative?:rolleyes:

No but early, with the exception of Friday/Saturday and holiday weekends Cabarete doesn't get going until midnight.

Sidney
01-31-2011, 08:00 AM
No but early, with the exception of Friday/Saturday and holiday weekends Cabarete doesn't get going until midnight.
Sorry Willie. I don't think it ever ''gets going''! I'll spend my time in Sosua!:)

DRJones
01-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Sorry Willie. I don't think it ever ''gets going''! I'll spend my time in Sosua!:)

It gets going after midnight most nights, especially Fri-Sun. Also Ono's next door. There is a new disco under construction where Las Brisas used to be which looks like it will be air conditioned.

From 10p-midnight stop by the Arriba Bar across the street on the second floor. Its the pre-game gathering place.

A new place called "Wow" opened between Cabarete center and Callejon de la Loma where they play Latin music. It may have some potential. They have live music on weekends. Its owned by two African American physicians.

alvinthefirst
02-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Bambu

I have been living in Cabarete for 3 years, and I think that's a matter of opinion. I know I'm a "newbie" but I never heard of this site until recently and have pretty much stayed up all night perusing the posts and pics. Bambu is fine, but if you're new, you have to know who you're dealing with or have someone with you who does. If you're at Bambu after midnight, especially on a weekend, you'll see the same chicks from Sosua who didn't get any action and are looking to score the " greener " tourists in Cabarete, at higher prices. It's pretty much the same. Now since Willy " Chamo " and Illana have tightened things up in Sosua after the election, a lot more action has come to Cabarete since Christmas. The best thing to do is go back and forth on the beach between bars and clubs checking out the ones who are pros and the ones who come from Sabaneta just to score bill money, the " semi " pros. After midnight, 1-2000 pesos for the rest of the night isn't that hard to do.

I also used to work in Sosua, so I'm not fresh, just pretty laid back. You'd never notice all 6'3 of me unless you asked me a question.

ctp1812
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM

Scofflaw~

I was there in July of 2009 for 4 days with a girl from bonao. It was not the nicest resort I have ever been too, but we had a blast. The staff was fun, food was not very good but we ate it, the second room we had was good but the first one was horrible. I refused to stay there, told the staff to get me another room with a good a/c system and to come get me at the bar when it is ready. The beach was nice at night, we partied so much at night never really saw it during the day. the last day there she blew me on the beach around 5 am before we made it back to the room.

As far as Bambo I have mixed feelings, I really liked the nightlife at bambo and the cabarete beach, Got to know the DJ at bambo and me and my girl always had a good time. But if I was rolling solo looking to find a chica I think i would have been disappointed. Also there is a bar i liked going to across the street from the backside of bambo, you cant miss it, it is upstairs blaring music off the balcony, usually a few chicas hanging on the balcony looking over the street, it is owned by a german girl. she has fusball table and pool tables. Again I was with my girl, I didn't see much to pick up.

During the day Cabarete has a beautiful beach with nice atmosphere. Nice restaurants on the beach in the sand. Food pretty good. But if you are not already hooked up, you might get lonely. Now 32.00 dollars a day sounds like a good deal, but unless you are coupled up I imagine you will be traveling back to sosua alot.

Last thought, there is no way in the world I would stay in Cabarete without having a novia with me.

ctp1812
02-17-2011, 10:46 AM

Just a THOUGHT OF CONCERN:

I do not think you would get my ass on a motoconcho at let's say 2:30 am traveling from sosua to cabarete. With or without a chica I think it's a bad idea. Yes it is only a 10-15 minute ride, but it is on a road that is black as night. Anything could happen.

alvinthefirst
02-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I was there in July of 2009 for 4 days with a girl from bonao. It was not the nicest resort I have ever been too, but we had a blast. The staff was fun, food was not very good but we ate it, the second room we had was good but the first one was horrible. I refused to stay there, told the staff to get me another room with a good a/c system and to come get me at the bar when it is ready. The beach was nice at night, we partied so much at night never really saw it during the day. the last day there she blew me on the beach around 5 am before we made it back to the room.

As far as Bambo I have mixed feelings, I really liked the nightlife at bambo and the cabarete beach, Got to know the DJ at bambo and me and my girl always had a good time. But if I was rolling solo looking to find a chica I think i would have been disappointed. Also there is a bar i liked going to across the street from the backside of bambo, you cant miss it, it is upstairs blaring music off the balcony, usually a few chicas hanging on the balcony looking over the street, it is owned by a german girl. she has fusball table and pool tables. Again I was with my girl, I didn't see much to pick up.

During the day Cabarete has a beautiful beach with nice atmosphere. Nice restaurants on the beach in the sand. Food pretty good. But if you are not already hooked up, you might get lonely. Now 32.00 dollars a day sounds like a good deal, but unless you are coupled up I imagine you will be traveling back to sosua alot.

Last thought, there is no way in the world I would stay in Cabarete without having a novia with me.

You been to Sosua since December ? Illana and Willy Chamo have changed things. No solo " Chicas" on the beach or they go to jail, some solo Chica's if they look like "Ho's" ( whatever that means ) get harassed, shook down, arrested, and don't let the poor chick be Haitian. A lot of the action is moving away from Sosua since the crackdown, or you only see it at the discos late at night. Some of the clubs were forced to enclose their open fronts with windows. I'm not saying that Sosua is dead, but it's changed a lot. Illana thinks she can make Sosua family friendly and that Sosua can be a tourist attraction where people can come and enjoy the beach, bring their children and don't have to worry about what they may see strolling down Pedro Clisante . It's still there, but it's more clandestine now. Chica's don't approach you when you're sitting on the corner cigar bar having a beer, or at a sidewalk cafe. I think their idea is doomed to fail because Sosua was built on Pussy, but it's had an effect for the past few months.

ctp1812
02-17-2011, 10:03 PM
You been to Sosua since December ? Illana and Willy Chamo have changed things. No solo " Chicas" on the beach or they go to jail, some solo Chica's if they look like "Ho's" ( whatever that means ) get harassed, shook down, arrested, and don't let the poor chick be Haitian. A lot of the action is moving away from Sosua since the crackdown, or you only see it at the discos late at night. Some of the clubs were forced to enclose their open fronts with windows. I'm not saying that Sosua is dead, but it's changed a lot. Illana thinks she can make Sosua family friendly and that Sosua can be a tourist attraction where people can come and enjoy the beach, bring their children and don't have to worry about what they may see strolling down Pedro Clisante . It's still there, but it's more clandestine now. Chica's don't approach you when you're sitting on the corner cigar bar having a beer, or at a sidewalk cafe. I think their idea is doomed to fail because Sosua was built on Pussy, but it's had an effect for the past few months.

I am completely aware of what is going on in SOSUA, but I am not sure what your comments have to do with my time spent in Cabarete in July of 2009. I was staying at a resort in Cabarete with a chica from Bonao and was sharing my experience with a guy who is getting ready to visit that same resort.

RickRock
02-17-2011, 10:30 PM
I am completely aware of what is going on in SOSUA, but I am not sure what your comments have to do with my time spent in Cabarete in July of 2009. I was staying at a resort in Cabarete with a chica from Bonao and was sharing my experience with a guy who is getting ready to visit that same resort.

And that guy appreciates the info. Thanks!

Scofflaw~

ctp1812
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
And that guy appreciates the info. Thanks!

Scofflaw~

your welcome, let me know if I can help you.

alvinthefirst
02-23-2011, 03:14 PM

They have a lot to do with it. Your post said stay away from Cabarete without your own "novio", my point is that a lot of the action has moved here. I'm not going to argue with you about it. I was trying to add some information since I live here and know a little bit more about Cabarete's scene. I see a lot of the street chica's from Sosua who have come here , they are limited to pass by's in the daytime , But Cabarete at night now is different, my point was that it has changed a lot in Cabarete since 2009. The rude comment was unnecessary. A few of the Haitian chica's seemed to have moved to this area, and I spot familiar faces on the streets and in the neighborhood down near Islabon where the Haitian chica's live. If you know this area, and know who to talk to and where to go, you'll find it's not 2009 anymore.

alvinthefirst
02-24-2011, 07:16 AM

Thanks!

A couple of new pool halls opened up near the car wash going towards Sabeneta, but it's probably wise to take a friend, and even a Dominican "guide" with you until you find what you seek. Not hard at all if you try. In fact, some of the motoconcho guys will take you to the Dominican bars in Sabaneta and Gaspar Hernandez if you ask ...

MrHappy
02-24-2011, 11:06 AM
A couple of new pool halls opened up near the car wash going towards Sabeneta, but it's probably wise to take a friend, and even a Dominican "guide" with you until you find what you seek. Not hard at all if you try. In fact, some of the motoconcho guys will take you to the Dominican bars in Sabaneta and Gaspar Hernandez if you ask ...

Some guys say they could never do 8 days in BB. I couldn't do 8 HOURS in Cabarete!! lol.

WickedWillie
03-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Sid, get your carcass over to Bambu tonight for some of this.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/94194d716af0ac020.jpg

Nakom
03-04-2011, 06:01 PM
It looks like they are bringing in girls from Vegas :)

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
03-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Just a THOUGHT OF CONCERN:

I do not think you would get my ass on a motoconcho at let's say 2:30 am traveling from sosua to cabarete. With or without a chica I think it's a bad idea. Yes it is only a 10-15 minute ride, but it is on a road that is black as night. Anything could happen.

Agreed- according to my chica from Sabaneta de Yasica: Cabarete to Sosúa is too
far of a motoconch ride at any time.
Didn't stop us from partying and chilling in Cabarete then returning to Sosúa for the "main event" by taxi publico.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
03-04-2011, 11:47 PM
It looks like they are bringing in girls from Vegas :)

And one muscle-bound homo.

RickRock
03-05-2011, 12:33 AM
And one muscle-bound homo.

I thought that was a picture of Weyland ...

DRJones
03-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I saw the Friday night dance show at Bambu's twice. It sucked all the oxygen out of Ono Bar, practically emptied it. The girls were struck dumb staring at the male dancers. The bartenders lit the bars on fire and everybody got pretty cranked up.

Cabarete is a quieter scene than Sosua, but it is a scene and for some people its all they need. 10-12p at Arriba bar and then after midnight go to Bambu and maybe Ono bar. Soon the new air conditioned indoor disco will open. There's a little action at the bomba/gas station just west of town, and also just east near the other bomba/gas station where there are some billiard bars.

Also there is a hidden gem: Elvis' restaurant across from the front door to the Velero Beach Resort has some very beautiful, seemingly more educated women who come from the Capitol and La Vega and Santiago and just sit around at night (and during the day, but fewer) waiting around for guys staying at Velero or El Magnifico. Elvis speaks English and food is simple but decent. Go there at 9p, then Arriba 10-11p, then Bambu at midnight and you will begin to learn what Cabarete is about. As some posters above have pointed out, the pressure in Sosua has caused many girls from Sosua to move to Cabarete.

jose1234
03-09-2011, 01:14 PM
I saw the Friday night dance show at Bambu's twice. It sucked all the oxygen out of Ono Bar, practically emptied it. The girls were struck dumb staring at the male dancers. The bartenders lit the bars on fire and everybody got pretty cranked up.

Cabarete is a quieter scene than Sosua, but it is a scene and for some people its all they need. 10-12p at Arriba bar and then after midnight go to Bambu and maybe Ono bar. Soon the new air conditioned indoor disco will open. There's a little action at the bomba/gas station just west of town, and also just east near the other bomba/gas station where there are some billiard bars.

Also there is a hidden gem: Elvis' restaurant across from the front door to the Velero Beach Resort has some very beautiful, seemingly more educated women who come from the Capitol and La Vega and Santiago and just sit around at night (and during the day, but fewer) waiting around for guys staying at Velero or El Magnifico. Elvis speaks English and food is simple but decent. Go there at 9p, then Arriba 10-11p, then Bambu at midnight and you will begin to learn what Cabarete is about. As some posters above have pointed out, the pressure in Sosua has caused many girls from Sosua to move to Cabarete.

I was there in August last year and there were girls hanging out there as well. It's a little hidden street with a couple of cheap restaurants and a few Chicas hanging out... There seemed to be about three to seven chicas that hang out in that area depending on the day... As the afternoon progresses and into the evening more show up...at least that was the case in August. They seemed to be typical looking.

I met a girl in front of my place that works at Bambu. Her name is Lu or Lucy... anyone know her? She was super friendly with me and spoke some english... I think she speaks french as well but she looks Dominican.

Kaiju
03-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Yea Elvis Barra is a hidden gem. It's really a great setup. I just fly back Monday from there. I love those girls. The smartest is Marciel. The best tits belong to Sandra. I fell in love with her friend who had the best tits of them all, Diana. Her sister cute too! Elvis is a great guy. Great food and awesome atmosphere. The girls are all clean and well versed with amor. And right down the road is the beach. What could you possibly want more of.

Kaiju

Wau!Papi
03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Also there is a hidden gem:

Another hidden gem is called Boca Chica

"pearls in s%$t"

So if you need an alternative to Sosua which is post mortem go to Boca which has been reborn. I'm not there anymore since the girls are crazy jealous and I can't set foot there for another 5 years. Mr. Happy has been waiting for Boca to die, but it ain't happenin'