PDA

View Full Version : white castle

officemgr
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
i don't know how long it will last but right next to club x is a new place selling white castle like burgers for 25 pesos. at night there is a huge line of people that look like they walked miles to buy 1 single little burger.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/mmwdrtrips/044c3664.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/mmwdrtrips/efb0237d.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/iblazem69/Picture098.jpg

the_Jayman
09-08-2006, 09:55 PM
DT sucessfully gave ne the crave a year or so ago . . . I think it was WSJIII that ALMOST gave me the crave the other night . .

25 pesos ? ? ? That's like a buck . . . FUCK THEM ! !

Don Tomas
09-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Haha this is hilarious, but damn when you can get a full sized hamburger for RD$40, I don't see overpriced RD$25 burgers making it, that's more then the US!

PS. Do they have the Onion Rings too, White Castles has the best ORs anywhere IMHO!

Beads
09-08-2006, 10:32 PM
he made it smaller and charged more for it! :rofl: :rofl:

Tony Toca
09-09-2006, 04:06 AM
While the price is the same as a US joint, they turn them around fast (they handed my order in less than a minute).

Its great for right after the disco and the burgers are pretty good.

DEPUTY DAWG
09-09-2006, 04:12 AM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it the first time!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

gmalet
09-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey it even gives you that White Castle after affect feeling.

I gotta tell ya I ate my share last week.

WSJ3
09-09-2006, 08:17 AM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/SammySosa42/cap169.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/SammySosa42/cap168.jpg

PapiQueRico
09-09-2006, 09:42 AM
I think White Castle has the best marketing in the world. They must, becasue they stay in business even though they SUCK!

Beads
09-09-2006, 10:44 AM
so these burgers are edible?

knotty
09-09-2006, 09:11 PM
wow, they basically stoled the whole White Castle set-up. Almost like McDowells from COming to America.

MegaSquirt
09-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Unbelievable! These are the same "Belly Bombers" as found in the real White Castle? Do they have the same minced onions on them? I'll be afriad to eat them. Can someone get a closeup photo of their burgers? :eek: :eek:

guttaman
09-09-2006, 11:57 PM
I would eat South American Spagetti O's cold out of the can before i eat a 25 peso Dominican burger. Same price but less chance of food poisoning.

sosuaman
09-10-2006, 12:59 AM
still haven't tasted a burger in the dominican ,,,
that actually tastes like a burger,,,,,,,

gdogg
09-10-2006, 03:32 AM
I'm going to Krystal's (let the White Castle fans begin the hate!).

MegaSquirt
09-10-2006, 12:17 PM

So, your favorite burger from Krystal would be "BA Burger"? Also known as Bad Ass Burger. :wink: :D
Hey, it would be my favorite also. The thing is there isn't any in my state. The nearest one is in Virginia. I know they have them in Florida.

Don Tomas
09-10-2006, 02:47 PM

Krystal's isn't even close to WC! I know when I first got to Florida I tried them, I immediately went to the supermarket and bought frozen White Castles.

To me Krystals is all bun, their buns are about 3x as high (volume) than WC. I realize with either place you are dealing with very little meat, but at least make the bun relative in size!

gdogg
09-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Krystal's isn't even close to WC! I know when I first got to Florida I tried them, I immediately went to the supermarket and bought frozen White Castles.

To me Krystals is all bun, their buns are about 3x as high (volume) than WC. I realize with either place you are dealing with very little meat, but at least make the bun relative in size!

I knew this story from DT was coming. You guys have no idea how many times I've heard it!!
:lol:

Jimmydr
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM

Stick with Waffle House.

PapiQueRico
09-10-2006, 05:10 PM
White Castle?!?!?! We call them Rat Burgers. The only things worth eating there are the dfries and the shakes. The burgers are worse than veggie burgers! YUK!!!!!

Crossfire1
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
I tried the caslte burgers last week. They were not bad. The price is a little high but it was worth it. Anyway, where else can ypu get a quick burger at after the club anyway? However, I don't think they had to steal White Castle's Logo to be successful.

whynotme
09-10-2006, 06:40 PM
i ate there twice (sat and then again on friday night ) and it helped sober me up before heading back to the new garden.
i think it actually tasted good but the fries were better i think
as i said it helped sober us up lol

LM
09-10-2006, 06:42 PM
also tried a few last night....they hit the spot:)

Beads
09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
damn sounds like his location is whats making it work.getting all the late night crowd for quick eats is a smart idea.

Don Tomas
09-10-2006, 07:57 PM
White Castle?!?!?! We call them Rat Burgers. The only things worth eating there are the dfries and the shakes. The burgers are worse than veggie burgers! YUK!!!!!

Well while I don't agree with you, there is no way you can ever complain about their onion rings. The ORs are the best anywhere, one of the few places that still use real whole onions in their onion rings.

PapiQueRico
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll give the onion rings a try. Back when they were here on the East Coast, Jack in the Box had great onion rings!

Dick Dawson
09-10-2006, 08:38 PM
The flavored chicken rings that WC had for a few weeks were pretty good.

the_Jayman
09-10-2006, 09:15 PM
ya want a real American burger . . . Go To Lou's ! ! The Shark Bar ! !

I had my only non-shark-bar burger in the DR @ Herman's . . . it tasted like a sausage . . . fuckin yummy ! ! !

did it taste like a good old North American rat burger ? ? ?

Don Tomas
09-11-2006, 12:11 AM
The flavored chicken rings that WC had for a few weeks were pretty good.

Odd they are a permenant menu item here in Chicago.

Dick Dawson
09-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Odd they are a permenant menu item here in Chicago.

These weren't the regular chicken rings. These were seasoned with either Tobasco or Hidden Valley Ranch.

Don Tomas
09-11-2006, 12:52 AM
These weren't the regular chicken rings. These were seasoned with either Tobasco or Hidden Valley Ranch.

Yep those ones.

prtyr2
09-11-2006, 07:08 AM
If the burgers are made with dominican beef. . . .count me out. That is why most of you guys have never had a decent burger in the DR. I think Lou was importing the beef and he is a stickler for detail etc.

I only eat burgers in the DR in hard rock cafe, champions, fridays, tony romas or outback. . . . .plus I get great angus burgers in pricesmart and make em on my george foreman grill. Every dominican that has tried em. . . .freaks out. . . .the quality of beef is that much better.

White Castle burgers are not to be eaten while the sun is up. . . . .they are a late night 3am and after meal for me. . . . .never eat em in the day time. . . .

jake6212
09-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Go to the Acropolis mall in Santo Domingo on Churchill. There is a fast food place "carne something (it may be a chain). They make good burgers. Food has come a long way in the DR.

Magnum
09-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Well while I don't agree with you, there is no way you can ever complain about their onion rings. The ORs are the best anywhere, one of the few places that still use real whole onions in their onion rings.

The burgers are an acquired taste. I grew up on those things.....I have my favorite locations mapped out.... ...Rockaway Blvd in Ozone Park....Northern Blvd in Corona....Bruckner Expwy in the Bronx....Atlantic Ave in East NY.....4th Avenue in Sunset Park.....Queens Blvd in Rego Park....Bell Blvd in Bayside...Queens Blvd near Gallaghers.....It is a once a month must for me......they are not kidding when they use the word cravings....

I will definitely be trying those belly bombers down in Sosua in 3 days....

blacksultan
09-11-2006, 09:41 PM

White Castles are better that Krystal's homie. They need to open up a Chic-fil-A in the DR.

the_Jayman
09-11-2006, 10:41 PM
If the burgers are made with dominican beef. . . .count me out. That is why most of you guys have never had a decent burger in the DR. I think Lou was importing the beef and he is a stickler for detail etc. . .

ya think ? ? ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445061dd6173a1.jpg

LOU DA MAN ! !

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334445061dd6cfce8.jpg

Don Tomas
09-12-2006, 12:18 AM
This post caused me to buy a crave case today!

MegaSquirt
09-12-2006, 12:23 AM
This post caused me to buy a crave case today!

And now...you are acting like you're Cheeno? Clogging the bowl! :corky: :corky:

Don Tomas
09-12-2006, 01:19 AM
And now...you are acting like you're Cheeno? Clogging the bowl! :corky: :corky:

Nope they don't bother me at all.

sosuaman
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
whats next?,,, mcDonalds on pedro calisante?

blacksultan
09-12-2006, 07:56 PM
whats next?,,, mcDonalds on pedro calisante?

That right, you can go in and order some McChocha!!!!

BrooklynBeas
09-12-2006, 09:47 PM
guys im gonna take one for the team in a couple of days and order a couple of these treats... Ill be sure to post a pic of the burgers as well!! :)

BrooklynBeas
09-12-2006, 09:48 PM
The burgers are an acquired taste. I grew up on those things.....I have my favorite locations mapped out.... ...Rockaway Blvd in Ozone Park....Northern Blvd in Corona....Bruckner Expwy in the Bronx....Atlantic Ave in East NY.....4th Avenue in Sunset Park.....Queens Blvd in Rego Park....Bell Blvd in Bayside...Queens Blvd near Gallaghers.....It is a once a month must for me......they are not kidding when they use the word cravings....

I will definitely be trying those belly bombers down in Sosua in 3 days....

You and me both dad!!!

blacksultan
09-12-2006, 09:51 PM
guys im gonna take one for the team in a couple of days and order a couple of these treats... Ill be sure to post a pic of the burgers as well!! :)

make sure you have your pepto bismol chewables just in case.

BrooklynBeas
09-12-2006, 09:55 PM
make sure you have your pepto bismol chewables just in case.

Can you put that shit in carryon or do i have to buy it there... Dad aint lettin me pack big... That fuck! :)

P.S. I bought a small ass hair gel tonight... I think i can leave it in my pocket when i go through the detectors... I cant find good gell out there and i have to look good ya know! :)

blacksultan
09-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Can you put that shit in carryon or do i have to buy it there... Dad aint lettin me pack big... That fuck! :)

P.S. I bought a small ass hair gel tonight... I think i can leave it in my pocket when i go through the detectors... I cant find good gell out there and i have to look good ya know! :)

I dont think it will be a problem as long as you leave it in the packaging.

BrooklynBeas
09-12-2006, 10:00 PM
OK well we will see! Thanks!

gtown
09-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Info on food will come quite useful, since that I'm planning on dropping the All-Inclusives this time.

BrooklynBeas
09-12-2006, 10:13 PM
you need to stay in Sosua... try to rent a condo if u can... Marco will help u find one... He can be found on here under the name "Rocky" or in Rockies in Sosua... Go there for breakfast next trip and log in to this site from Sosua...

gtown
09-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I know about that already but thanks. I had a few guides showing me around Sosua and telling me about the hotels. I'll keep it in mind.
What I'll really need though is accomadtion for at least 2 ppl in a chica friendly place for a reasonable price and ,if possible, seperate rooms.

BrooklynBeas
09-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Just a lil more info for ya... Magnum, his friend and I are gonna be staying at the infamous "Scarface Mansion" Made famous by WSJ and prsiches... Its a 3 bedroom airconditioned house with a private pool just for us... Its $120 a night... Any decent hotel in Sosua will be about the same price...

Don Tomas
09-12-2006, 10:25 PM

Dude we really don't care if you gel the hair on your ass! Actually thanks for ruining my meals for the next couple days maybe I will go on a diet!

Magnum
09-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Dude we really don't care if you gel the hair on your ass! Actually thanks for ruining my meals for the next couple days maybe I will go on a diet!

LMAO.....DT....Think of how I feel.....I have to live with this guy for the next 5 days!!

Jimmy.....Fuck You!!!!

Magnum
09-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Just a lil more info for ya... Magnum, his friend and I are gonna be staying at the infamous "Scarface Mansion" Made famous by WSJ and prsiches... Its a 3 bedroom airconditioned house with a private pool just for us... Its $120 a night... Any decent hotel in Sosua will be about the same price...

How are those twin beds feeling right about now??????????