PDA

View Full Version : Need a Guide in Sosua

swxby
02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
I am planning my second trip there in March with two other wingmen. Looking at streets and reading about the driving there in the DR, none of us wants to rent a car and drive around. We have a villa this time a little distance from Sosua. Does anyone have any contacts for a “Trustworthy” guide with transportation? We can navigate and negotiate with the chicas with the best of the “Newbie’s”, we just need someone to drive our drunk behinds and spoils of war back to the villa at 2 or 3 in the morning. We don’t want to get ripped off with cabs everyday. Any info would be appreciated. You can pm me if you like.

Nakom
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
A mini van cab from Sosua to Cabarete is 200rd = $5.41. I can PM you some numbers of trust worthy cabs - don't mess around with a guide.

swxby
02-04-2011, 04:59 PM
A mini van cab from Sosua to Cabarete is 200rd = $5.41. I can PM you some numbers of trust worthy cabs - don't mess around with a guide.

Thanks for the info. Please do send me some numbers. That is pretty cheap!

Bug Boy
02-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the info. Please do send me some numbers. That is pretty cheap!
You can also find one of those publico taxi's. I think they have the red narker on top. They charge like 40 pesos per person for 5 people as well you can always work a deal with them I always use them to go to the airport at the end of my stay. I rent the whole cab for 200 pesos to the pop airport as opposed to 35 bucks

officemgr
02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
how much you pay me?? cesar at new garden is pretty good but he works days.

I am planning my second trip there in March with two other wingmen. Looking at streets and reading about the driving there in the DR, none of us wants to rent a car and drive around. We have a villa this time a little distance from Sosua. Does anyone have any contacts for a “Trustworthy” guide with transportation? We can navigate and negotiate with the chicas with the best of the “Newbie’s”, we just need someone to drive our drunk behinds and spoils of war back to the villa at 2 or 3 in the morning. We don’t want to get ripped off with cabs everyday. Any info would be appreciated. You can pm me if you like.

Mr Hillbilly
02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
I recommend Robert6999 taxi service he will get you phones.... pick you up and guide you around... Maybe even stop for a cigar

SeaWeed
02-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I recommend Robert6999 taxi service he will get you phones.... pick you up and guide you around... Maybe even stop for a cigar and loan you money......or help you exchange money.....all at very fair rates.......lol

just remember not to tell Robert6999 that you need a room for two guys......that's a deal breaker....lol

and if it isn't too much of a hassle......buy the guy a cold beer.......it won't cost you more than $100 Pesos....lol

QueGuapo
02-04-2011, 08:04 PM
and loan you money......or help you exchange money.....all at very fair rates.......lol

just remember not to tell Robert6999 that you need a room for two guys......that's a deal breaker....lol

and if it isn't too much of a hassle......buy the guy a cold beer.......it won't cost you more than $100 Pesos....lol

Yeah, and he will take you to get leche for your chicas any time you need it....

vewdew
02-05-2011, 01:33 AM
I recommend Robert6999 taxi service he will get you phones.... pick you up and guide you around... Maybe even stop for a cigar

Eeheheh you had to throw that in there :)

Mr Hillbilly
02-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Eeheheh you had to throw that in there :)

Vewdew I am a member of travel boards mostly for entertainment.. ....

Seville
02-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Yeah, and he will take you to get leche for your chicas any time you need it....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seville
02-05-2011, 09:36 AM
and loan you money......or help you exchange money.....all at very fair rates.......lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
02-05-2011, 03:03 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whats even FUNNIER is that you are hanging with TNT and Probably JIMBO et al , and you are VERTICAL at 9:30 am ????

How is that even POSSIBLE ???

Mr Hillbilly
02-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Whats even FUNNIER is that you are hanging with TNT and Probably JIMBO et al , and you are VERTICAL at 9:30 am ????

Remember they are hour ahead of EST now..... You need a trip you should know that..your slipping lol

PS JD double or nothing on Super Bowl? Pittsburg would be geographical choice for you but seeing you ain't right you probably like the Packers and are sitting in your computer chair with a Cheesehead hat ...:rofl:

Seville
02-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Contrary to what people may think, Jimbo does not get drunk here. TNT72 is a completely different story.:wink:

JD426
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Remember they are hour ahead of EST now..... You need a trip you should know that..your slipping lol

PS JD double or nothing on Super Bowl? Pittsburg would be geographical choice for you but seeing you ain't right you probably like the Packers and are sitting in your computer chair with a Cheesehead hat ...:rofl:

Its even worse than that, I talk to someoe in the DR literally every single day, and still forget once in a while. It drives her insane.

Not a big football fan, but since I watched the steeler & jets game which I thought was very good, & the Steelers almost gave it all back in the 2nd half eventhough they completely dominated in the first half, I going to go with the Packers as u stated.. Whats the point spread, I dont even know.

Mr Hillbilly
02-05-2011, 06:54 PM
JD give me 3 points and Steelers.. I think Packers might choke.. Rodgers didn't show up in last game.. Steelers have been there before....