PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Forum Features

Don Tomas
04-27-2005, 03:43 AM
Right now this is a stripped down, very secure phpBB nested inside the greater web page. I need to add some addons on the test site and make sure it's all good. If you want to be a beta tester on the test site let me know.

In no particular order:
Allowed linked avatars again. (You can upload with no problem)
Sub-Categories within the Forums!
Image uploading!
Plus anything else interesting I find.

Note: I need to work on a couple web site features first which are more important both for administration and organization. Security was already done.

DONE

BrooklynBeas
04-27-2005, 09:07 AM
is this site gonna host the pictures we want here... or do we still have to throw it on a different site to host...

JDR
04-27-2005, 09:14 AM
is this site gonna host the pictures we want here... or do we still have to throw it on a different site to host...

Ni pictures will ever be hosted here. I will not pay $250 a month for that. :(

BrooklynBeas
04-27-2005, 09:19 AM

i hear ya... but never say never... we may get rediculously big in the future and then you will have sponsers for that $250!

JDR
04-27-2005, 09:22 AM

i hear ya... but never say never... we may get rediculously big in the future and then you will have sponsers for that $250!

Bandwidth problems occur. I saw Jackson grow from 1 to 120,000 in 2 years. What a mess that was.

Reel Deal
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM

Bandwidth problems occur. I saw Jackson grow from 1 to 120,000 in 2 years. What a mess that was.Growth is good, but requires planning.

nuhomet
04-28-2005, 03:30 PM
How about a panic button! Hit Ctrl h and the site changes to Yahoo.

Don Tomas
04-28-2005, 04:52 PM

HAHA Actually I am developing a Work-Safe theme too!

BrooklynBeas
04-28-2005, 05:22 PM

Sounds good but not Yahoo... Maybe it can switch to Outlook so it looks like im reading emails...