PDA

View Full Version : Violent kids take over school in Los Mina

NewsWhore
02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
"You can't do anything because I'm a minor, but you'd also better remember that I'm armed", a 13-year old boy is quoted as warning a School Police agent on duty in the San Vicente de Paul School in Los Mina, as reported in Diario Libre. According to the agent, and this is backed up by the school's principal, this boy is a member of a gang that goes about stealing and physically attacking the students. The most recent victim of these minors was an eighth grade student. Last Friday the teachers had to pull him away from one of the gang in order to prevent further abuse. "I'm afraid, because he told me that he is going to cut me with his machete," the student told Diario Libre reporters yesterday.

They also steal snack money from the students, rob the school supplies or they throw stones. The school is constantly the target of robberies or attempted robberies, according to the principal, Father Nelson Rafael Paulino Lopez. The priest said that in just two years they have robbed the school eight times and that they are continually trying to rob the place. "The sad thing is that nobody does anything. This is why we are calling for a solution to the lack of safety that exists and asking that we are not left unprotected". He said that although there are five school police agents for the morning and afternoon sessions, they need military personnel in order to control the young criminals.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#13)