PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break

vagrant11
02-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the board but not to the hobby.
I'm planning a trip to Sosua in the next couple of months and was was wondering if Sosua is affected by the Spring Break college crowd in terms of hotel availability and overall costs due to an influx of people in March or if those typical crowds are more confined to the all inclusives.
Just wondering if I should delay my trip until mid-april.

Thanks

Tiger
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to Sosua in the next couple of months and was was wondering if Sosua is affected by the Spring Break college crowd in terms of hotel availability and overall costs due to an influx of people in March or if those typical crowds are more confined to the all inclusives.

Thanks

Most college kids go to Punta Cana for spring break. I don't think it affects POP or Sousa at all.

gdogg
02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks

No effect whatsoever. I went during my spring break from school several times. It's a great time to go. If you're going in April, make sure you know about Semana Santa. Now THAT may affect your trip a great deal!

JD426
02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Cabarete is THE place to be during Semana Santa, every hot chica from Santiago will be there. Its a tradition with them.

gdogg
02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Cabarete is THE place to be during Semana Santa, every hot chica from Santiago will be there. Its a tradition with them.

I like it during Semana Santa, but it's not for everyone. Plus, room availability can be a bitch! More so in Sosua than Cabarete, I imagine.

LJDMV
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
I like it during Semana Santa, but it's not for everyone. Plus, room availability can be a bitch! More so in Sosua than Cabarete, I imagine.

Someone tell us the dates for this event in April so we can all try to be there.

gdogg
02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Someone tell us the dates for this event in April so we can all try to be there.

Easter....I don't have a calendar handy.

vagrant11
02-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
I think I'll come a week or 2 before Semana Santa, I know it can get a little nuts around Easter in Latin America.
Maybe I'll see some of you there.

whynotme
02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Easter....I don't have a calendar handy.
its the day kevy and i leave for bkk:D

april 22nd

slipheed
02-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks

I also head down during march, (for spring break ironically) but I've never seen 20 white dudes doing keg stands in Classicos. March is actually a great time to visit!:iconTU:

Tiger
02-12-2011, 09:48 AM
No effect whatsoever. I went during my spring break from school several times. It's a great time to go. If you're going in April, make sure you know about Semana Santa. Now THAT may affect your trip a great deal!

What is Semana Santa????

Kevy
02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
What is Semana Santa????

Easter, on Good friday everything shuts down.

DCIronman
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM

Easter.