PDA

View Full Version : The Diplomats...Dip Set..whatever......

Magnum
09-19-2006, 09:52 AM
I have to get this off of my chest.

Saturday Night in Classicos -

We walk up the stairs and they are lined with balloons and streamers. We walk inside and it is the same set up. The whole inside of the club has balloons and streamers everywhere. OK......we think that someone is having a party and it should be a good time. When we walk in to go to the bar at the back wall we pass a group on guys hanging out in the area above the regular level to your right.

The are popping champagne corks every 2 minutes with a shit load of chicas surrounding them. I sit back and start to watch the festivites going on there and to me it appears to be just another group of guys that we have previously discussed here - you know the ones that hang out in front of the Europa wearing the wife beater tees or guinea tees - whatever you choose to call them. This crew was dying for attention and did everything in their power to get it.

Beas quickly alerts me that they are a rap group - the Diplomats - or Dip Set as he referrred to them. He explains to me that they are up and coming and semi famous. When I tell you that I then proceeded to watch the most ridiculous, assinine behavior that I have ever witnessed in my life. Here were these clowns - and I am putting it nicely - standing on the speakers that surround the dance floor making total asses of themselves - crying out PLEASE look at me - I am important.

The whole attitude - which I am sure that I do not have to explain. Classless...clueless...disrespectful....every neagtive word you could think of. Prancing all over the dance floor like they owned the place...taking off their Diplomats t's and throwing them all over- getting down to their barechests.

But wait it gets better....these brain surgeons - who could probably not spell cat if you spotted them the C and the T - decide that now they want to get back up on the speakers and throw wads of dollar bills into the crowd on the dance floor. You could imagine that scene where people were diving all over each other and trampling each other to get to some free $$$$.These jerks got a big kick out of watching $3000 peso a month Dominicans scurry all over for their $$$. Ahhh the power we have.....well as Jayman would say FUCK YOU!

As if that was now not enough...they climb back on the speakers - champagne bottles in hand - and proceed to shake up the bottles, open them and spray the same group of people who were racing to get the $$$. All the while you could see their chests puffed out enjoying their - what they must have thought they had - superiority.

This whole scene made me sick. They ruined a good night for all that were there with their classless - I do not give a shit, thug attitude. If this is what rap has become - pass me the Glenn Campbell CD because I would listen to that crap that have anything to do with what I saw.

Oh...as a wrap up to the Diplomats and their games Saturday night.....they were real big shots when they had the bubbly flowing, throwing around dollar bills, bee bopping all over the dance floor and garnered all of the attention their little pea brains could have wanted. Sunday night - one of the main culprits was sitting in Classicos in the same spot - minus the balloons - minus the streamers - minus the champagne - and guess what? - no one was giving him the time of day!

agua chico
09-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Easy fix, stay out of classico or don't go to Sosua on the weekend anymore, I know I won't.

MrHappy
09-19-2006, 10:22 AM
We ran into a bunch of idiots like that a few weeks ago, but it was a guy celebrating his birthday with a bunch of friends. Not quite as bad, however.
These guys were poppin' open bottles of champagne(at least 15 or so) and spraying everyone on the dance floor, which was packed with girls dancing.
Now, if you have any idea how much time a Dominicana spends in a salon fixing her hair, and how much it costs her, you know how well this type of behavior goes over.
They pretty much managed to clear the dance floor first, then the rest of the place when they started spraying everyone else.
Where do these guys get the idea that people like this kind of shit?
In the end, it was the group of guys on the dance floor, by themselves, doing their "go daddy" dance.
Talk about the "Ugly American" syndrome..
If any of those guys are on here, believe me when I tell you, no one likes that crap.

Magnum
09-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Easy fix, stay out of classico or don't go to Sosua on the weekend anymore, I know I won't.

I hear what you are saying but why should I - or anyone else - have to change what I like to do or where I like to go because of some undesirables - whether that be in Sosua or here. Get rid of the rift raft and let the people who go to enjoy themselves and have a good night out - do just that.

This is just one of the many things that has surely changed my thinking on Sosua over the past 3 years. It just is not the same place that it used to be.

MrHappy
09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Absolutely...

Brother, have all the fun you want as long as it doesn't impose on anyone else. But when someone starts involving other people in their stupid ass behavior, it ruins the night for a lot of people.

But I'll tell ya something, Magnum, Sosua ain't changing..... you are.

It's always been pretty much the way it is now. Now that the newness has worn off, you notice the undesirable stuff more.

And it does get old after a while.

Magnum
09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Absolutely...

Brother, have all the fun you want as long as it doesn't impose on anyone else. But when someone starts involving other people in their stupid ass behavior, it ruins the night for a lot of people.

But I'll tell ya something, Magnum, Sosua ain't changing..... you are.

It's always been pretty much the way it is now. Now that the newness has worn off, you notice the undesirable stuff more.

And it does get old after a while.

You may just be right.......

Hemp
09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
I hear what you are saying but why should I - or anyone else - have to change what I like to do or where I like to go because of some undesirables - whether that be in Sosua or here. Get rid of the rift raft and let the people who go to enjoy themselves and have a good night out - do just that.

This is just one of the many things that has surely changed my thinking on Sosua over the past 3 years. It just is not the same place that it used to be.

explain how it used to be cause us rooks dont have a clue!!!

as far as the Dip set goes THEY WERE IN SOSUA :eek: :confused: those guys are the princes of the clubs here in NYC why do they need to go to the 3rd world to show off and get bitches??? they get all of them here already :confused: thats weird but anyhow if it really was them i dont like them as a rap group anyway...there a bunch of purple and pink wearing clowns who are not much liked by the greater NY area ethier...didnt see this re-re behavior when i was there and i was in classicos all weekend so hopefully i wont see it when i return!

ajax718
09-19-2006, 10:39 AM
The word seems to be out about Sosua. It has become more land more commercialized. The day MTV does "Spring Break from DR" is the day I stop going.

There are plenty of other places in DR to visit where tourists are few and far between

Magnum
09-19-2006, 10:39 AM

as far as the Dip set goes THEY WERE IN SOSUA :eek: :confused: those guys are the princes of the clubs here in NYC why do they need to go to the 3rd world to show off and get bitches??? they get all of them here already :confused: thats weird but anyhow if it really was them i dont like them as a rap group anyway...there a bunch of purple and pink wearing clowns who are not much liked by the greater NY area ethier...didnt see this re-re behavior when i was there and i was in classicos all weekend so hopefully i wont see it when i return!

I would not know them If I tripped over them but Beas was all over it - gave me the whole breakdown on who discovered them, mentor, record company etc etc - and he has the pics.

Hopefully you will get a weekend where you do not have to put up with the BS.

sosuaman
09-19-2006, 10:49 AM
just gotta do your own thing,,,,,,,,,

Hemp
09-19-2006, 10:53 AM
The word seems to be out about Sosua. It has become more land more commercialized. The day MTV does "Spring Break from DR" is the day I stop going.

There are plenty of other places in DR to visit where tourists are few and far between

you right about the word being out on Sosua...but if MTV goes there...:( its over!!!

No wonder guys are pressuring me to hunt in santiago...instead of sosua

knotty
09-19-2006, 10:53 AM
DIP SET!!!!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/450645100307d815f.jpg

DIP SET!!!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/45064510030883232.jpg

DIP SET!!!!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/450645100307b1059.jpg

DIP SET!!!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/45064510030897a49.jpg

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 11:24 AM
You may just be right.......

ABSOLUTELY

Magnum
09-19-2006, 11:26 AM
ABSOLUTELY

It has been known to happen!

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Maggie... Tell these guys about what you told the Dip Set in the bathroom of classicos when he asked if you saw them on TV... hahaha...

Magnum
09-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Maggie... Tell these guys about what you told the Dip Set in the bathroom of classicos when he asked if you saw them on TV... hahaha...

After these clowns have their good time...one of them is in the bathroom and I make a comment to him - hey you guys are having a good time tonight huh? He then turns to me and proceeds to tell me I probably would have seen them on TV. I ask him why would I see them on TV - Americas Most Wanted?? - and he says on MTV - I tell him I doubt it - absolutely not. I think I may have hurt his feelings!

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 11:33 AM
And... You told him thats not rap... Rap is the Sugar Hill gang... didnt you include that?

Magnum
09-19-2006, 11:38 AM
And... You told him thats not rap... Rap is the Sugar Hill gang... didnt you include that?

Alright....give me a break....I feel like shit today.

He is telling me that they are rappers and I tell him the only rappers that I would know of is Curtis Blow (opening act in '80 for a concert with him, Bob Marley and The Wailers and Lionel Ritchie and the Commodores....5th row center isle at the Garden- GREAT concert) and Sugar Hill Gang.....he kind of looked at me like I had a 2 heads......

knotty
09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I can't believe the guy actually thought you would know them.

Beads
09-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Magnum you should have proceeded to tell him that the girls him and his buddies were giving out hundreds of dollars to so they hang out with them you fucked for $20 each a day or 2 before they arrived.

Magnum
09-19-2006, 12:01 PM
I can't believe the guy actually thought you would know them.

Knotty....he sure did think so - shocked me too - like I would know!

Magnum
09-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Magnum you should have proceeded to tell him that the girls him and his buddies were giving out hundreds of dollars to so they hang out with them you fucked for $20 each a day or 2 before they arrived.

I didn't have the time then....I was too busy diving on the dance floor for the $$$!!!!! ;)

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 12:14 PM
I didn't have the time then....I was too busy diving on the dance floor for the $$$!!!!! ;)

LMAO... I hope the pics on the guy on the speaker came out OK... Ill try to post tonight... LOL!

JuanElGriego
09-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Beas, just out of curiousity, were any of the main members there (Juelz/Jones/Cam) or was it just the hangers-on?

The Dip Set crew has a pretty loyal following, but it's mainly comprised of the lowest IQ rap fans as their rhymes are comically bad in terms of content and originality. A song that floated around the underground titled "Dick Set", which spoofed the Dip Set's rap style and content, is one of the funniest things i've ever heard.

These guys are clowns in every sense of the word and the sooner Jay-Z crushes Cam'ron and puts the Dips out their miserable existence, the better for everyone.

knotty
09-19-2006, 12:24 PM

you gotta remember JR Writer is Dominican.

gtown
09-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Hate rap anyway. Couldn't stand those rapper wannabes in the clubs while I was there, I mean come on! Who are they fooling? As has been said, why do they need to come to the 3rd World to get their "bitches" and "sluts"? Because it's a load of shit, and they know the truth has no place in Sosua anyway.

JuanElGriego
09-19-2006, 12:36 PM
you gotta remember JR Writer is Dominican.

This guy's so lame he had to bite the rap style OF HIS OWN CREW MEMBER!!!!

Lord, bring back Rakim ....

"you put me tape on pause,
then add some more to yours,
so now you thinkin',
you're ready for the neighborhood wars,
but an e-m-c-e-e
don't even try to be,
when you come up to speak don't even lie to me,
you like to exaggerate,
dream and imaginate,
then change the rhyme around back and aggrivate me,
so when you see me come up .... freeze,
or you'll be one of those 7 emcees"

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Actually i dont listen to Dip Set i just know who they are... I asked one of them where Cam was and he said Cam is back in NY... After that there was noone i would listen to...

psriches
09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Beas, just out of curiousity, were any of the main members there (Juelz/Jones/Cam) or was it just the hangers-on?Trust me, neither one of them was there! It was the hangers-on!

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 06:34 PM
You could be right psr but there were about 10-15 of them... And they were all wearing the dimplomats T's with the rhinestones on them... Magnum, do you recognize any from the pics above?

WSJ3
09-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Trust me, neither one of them was there! It was the hangers-on!

So I read this thread thinking it was Cameron and it was only the backup dancers that fucked up the party.

Its not like I haven't seen the wife beater crew in DR on a long holiday weekend.

But where were the Bouncers they usually step in and "Bounce" troublemakers.

Beads
09-19-2006, 06:59 PM
So I read this thread thinking it was Cameron and it was only the backup dancers that fucked up the party.

Its not like I haven't seen the wife beater crew in DR on a long holiday weekend.

If there we balloons etc around they probably paid for use of the club. They paid for the booths up at the top section near the bar. When I was in town in July a bunch of them paid for what they call the VIP area or those booths. I asked how much they paid and was told 1500 pesos for 4 nights they paid in advance. They roped them off and kept them empty for them all night. So im sure the bouncers got their cut and knew who not to throw out.

psriches
09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Damn, 1500 pesos for 4 nights of roped off VIP!! Gotta love 3rd world countries!! LOL

WSJ3
09-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Damn, 1500 pesos for 4 nights of roped off VIP!! Gotta love 3rd world countries!! LOL

Lets rope off VIP for me you Stalker and Yubi...

Tee Hee...

psriches
09-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Shit, at prices like that, let's rope off the entire dance floor!!

Kevy
09-19-2006, 07:21 PM
1500?I paid 100 one night for My chica, Ajax and his chica and Erics to sit on the right hand side benches when you walk in. It was funny I was the bouncer's best friend after that, he was asking me which chica to let in and all that.

psriches
09-19-2006, 07:25 PM
1500?I paid 100 one night for My chica, Ajax and his chica and Erics to sit on the right hand side benches when you walk in. It was funny I was the bouncer's best friend after that, he was asking me which chica to let in and all that.Well got damn!! At these new and improved rates, let's rope off Sosua!! Make the entire town VIP invite only!

ilikenyacional
09-19-2006, 08:32 PM
1500?I paid 100 one night for My chica, Ajax and his chica and Erics to sit on the right hand side benches when you walk in. It was funny I was the bouncer's best friend after that, he was asking me which chica to let in and all that.

Was it the shaved head white guy ? He is cool. I had a beer with him at Seacrets one night. Another cool one is the big, medium skin guy with a gun in his pant, working downstair at Merengue.

WSJ3
09-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Shit, at prices like that, let's rope off the entire dance floor!!

SEGURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEPUTY DAWG
09-19-2006, 08:55 PM
"Magnum you should have proceeded to tell him that the girls him and his buddies were giving out hundreds of dollars to so they hang out with them you fucked for $20 each a day or 2 before they arrived."

Now that's what you should have said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would've loved to see that conversation and laugh my ass off at them!!!!!!!!!

DEPUTY DAWG
09-19-2006, 09:41 PM
This guy's so lame he had to bite the rap style OF HIS OWN CREW MEMBER!!!!

Lord, bring back Rakim ....

"you put me tape on pause,
then add some more to yours,
so now you thinkin',
you're ready for the neighborhood wars,
but an e-m-c-e-e
don't even try to be,
when you come up to speak don't even lie to me,
you like to exaggerate,
dream and imaginate,
then change the rhyme around back and aggrivate me,
so when you see me come up .... freeze,
or you'll be one of those 7 emcees"

Rakim and Kid Capri are here next week in D-Town and I'll be working it that night
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/5435451093b60ab2f.jpg
Think about it wait erase your rhyme,
forget about it, don't waste your time,
Cause I'll be in the crowd if ya ain't controllin it,
Drop the mic you shouldn't be holdin it,
This is how it should be done, this style is identical to none
some try to make it sound like this but you bettin me,
so upset I'm what your sweat means,
I drip steam like a microphone fiend, eagar to emcee is my theme
I get HYPE! when I hear a drum roll..Rakim is on the mic, and you know I got soul................

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 10:23 PM

Money talks my brotha! They were poppin moet in Classicos and had a big ass barrell or garbage can filled with bottles... I think that explains it...

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Lets rope off VIP for me you Stalker and Yubi...

Tee Hee...

Not sure if you know but Yubi is no longer at Hali Gali and now claims she owns the bar right to the left of Lou's Shark Bar...At least i know she works there... She was upset with me cause i never went in there for a drink but i was at Lous like every day! LOL...

psriches
09-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Not sure if you know but Yubi is no longer at Hali Gali and now claims she owns the bar right to the left of Lou's Shark Bar...At least i know she works there... She was upset with me cause i never went in there for a drink but i was at Lous like every day! LOL...We saw that Hali Gali Yubi last trip at her new place. But i think WSJ is referring to the other Yubi. "Loca Yubi"............

BrooklynBeas
09-19-2006, 10:58 PM
We saw that Hali Gali Yubi last trip at her new place. But i think WSJ is referring to the other Yubi. "Loca Yubi"............

Not sure if i know that one... I think a pic may refresh my memory... hook it up psr! :)

psriches
09-20-2006, 06:47 AM
Not sure if i know that one... I think a pic may refresh my memory... hook it up psr! :)Here is a pic of WSJ and the other Yubi.... One of G dogg's fav's as well.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/Picture022edit.jpg

Magnum
09-20-2006, 07:18 AM
You could be right psr but there were about 10-15 of them... And they were all wearing the dimplomats T's with the rhinestones on them... Magnum, do you recognize any from the pics above?

You are asking me????

I think that I recognize one or two of them....one of them may have been the clown in the bathroom with me.

Now if they were not part of that group and they were wearing the T's and carrying on like they were in the group - that is pretty weak. Get a F'n life!

sosuaman
09-20-2006, 12:32 PM
The Dip Set crew has a pretty loyal following, but it's mainly comprised of the lowest IQ rap fans as their rhymes are comically bad in terms of content and originality.

apparently it doesn't take much to be a rapper with fans,,,,,,,,,,,

Hemp
09-20-2006, 12:34 PM
apparently it doesn't take much to be a rapper with fans,,,,,,,,,,,

what does that mean??? explain please!

sosuaman
09-20-2006, 02:24 PM
their rhymes are comically bad in terms of content and originality. .

thats what i mean,,,
if a supposed "rap" group can have a "loyal following" based on puttin out shit like that ... then i guess ,,,,
it doesn't take much to be a rapper with fans...

knotty
09-20-2006, 03:00 PM
thats what i mean,,,
if a supposed "rap" group can have a "loyal following" based on puttin out shit like that ... then i guess ,,,,
it doesn't take much to be a rapper with fans...
It's actually easy to be a rapper, but difficult to be an M.C. There is a definite difference between the 2.

blacksultan
09-22-2006, 06:42 PM
DIP SET!!!!

DIP SET!!!

DIP SET!!!!

DIP SET!!!
Fuck these muthafuckas!!!!

blacksultan
09-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Here is a pic of WSJ and the other Yubi.... One of G dogg's fav's as well.

Why does she look like she is about to have a seizure????

Jimmydr
09-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Why does she look like she is about to have a seizure????

A large snake is in her ass now!

Hemp
09-22-2006, 06:47 PM
DIP SET!!!!

DIP SET!!!

DIP SET!!!!

DIP SET!!!

fuck these mutha fukas wit a sick dick :mad:

milldam
09-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Maybe they ought to change their name to Dip Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way rap music is just awful anyway.

JuanElGriego
09-22-2006, 08:54 PM

As a 40 y/o guy from Minnesota, i'd expect you to dislike rap music, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I know the lyrics are often lame and the images are often worse than lame, but there is some good rap music out there. It's just that the good rap music isn't promoted because it's not the kind of rap that's gonna attract suburban white kids (who are responsible for the majority of rap music sales) to it. Those kids prefer the "thug" imagery they'll never have to see in real life to "substance" rap. For them, a 50 cent CD is like taking a safari ride in Africa. They can say they went to the jungle without ever being in any real danger. Don't shit on all rap milldam, trust me on this one.

agua chico
09-22-2006, 08:59 PM
I was going to comment on the Minnesota thing but I did not want to start another long ass thread.

milldam
09-22-2006, 10:03 PM
You`re right Juan I actually like all kinds of music, some of the early 90`s Dr. Dre Snoop Dogg stuff was really pretty good to listen to.

DEPUTY DAWG
09-23-2006, 03:05 AM
Ahhhhh he's just a prince fan!!!!!!!!!!! from the 80's & 90's

psriches
09-23-2006, 10:35 AM
As a 40 y/o guy from Minnesota, i'd expect you to dislike rap music, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I know the lyrics are often lame and the images are often worse than lame, but there is some good rap music out there. It's just that the good rap music isn't promoted because it's not the kind of rap that's gonna attract suburban white kids (who are responsible for the majority of rap music sales) to it. Those kids prefer the "thug" imagery they'll never have to see in real life to "substance" rap. For them, a 50 cent CD is like taking a safari ride in Africa. They can say they went to the jungle without ever being in any real danger. Don't shit on all rap milldam, trust me on this one.Just curious Juan, but why wouldn't a 40 year old guy from Minnesota like rap music?

Deniro
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
didn't read every post but someone said the Dips are the darlings in the US clubs. as far as i know they ain't shit. they have a small following in the NYC area and that's about it. if those clowns went to LA i doubt they could even get into the more exclusive clubs.

and them being "up and coming"? more like "has-beens". Cam'rom's being trying to start shit with Jay-Z for some time now and get some attention but Jay is just ignoring him and not giving him a second of his day.

i think Juelz Santana is Dominican so he probably took them there. "nobody's paying us any attention here, let's go to DR, break 500 bucks and be big shots." LAME!!!

and about the birthday boy spraying everybody with champagne, i can't believe nobody in the club had the balls to put him and his crew in their place. i ain't no thug or a wanna-be gangsta but if i'm there with my crew (for a lack of better word) we're walking up to them. i didn't fly to DR to have some idiot spray champagne on me and send me back to my hotel my with tail between my legs.

JuanElGriego
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Just curious Juan, but why wouldn't a 40 year old guy from Minnesota like rap music?

Because rap music didn't have the exposure in Minnesota that it did in other parts of the country for a long time. I don't think this guy had access to Ralph McDaniels' show in Minnesota and how many stations in Minnesota had "urban" formats in the 80's? That being said, i'd guess rap music probably blew up in Minnesota around the early 90's, which would make any 40 y/o over 25 years old at that point and less likely to be attracted to rap music than if he were a teen. Hip-hop culture (graffiti, dancing, rap) has always been about youth and if you didn't get into it when you were younger, it's much less likely (though not impossible) that you'll get into it at all.

blacksultan
09-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Maybe they ought to change their name to Dip Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's ok not all of us like Lawrence Welk either.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hemp
09-23-2006, 02:40 PM

or pat boone :biggrin:

knotty
09-23-2006, 03:59 PM
i think Juelz Santana is Dominican so he probably took them there. with tail between my legs.

nope...he's African American. JR writer is the one that is Dominican.

Deniro
09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
did a quick search...

"Juelz Santana (born LaRon Louis James on February 18, 1982) is a half African American and half Dominican rapper from Harlem..."

http://www.last.fm/music/Juelz+Santana/+wiki

knotty
09-23-2006, 04:10 PM
did a quick search...

"Juelz Santana (born LaRon Louis James on February 18, 1982) is a half African American and half Dominican rapper from Harlem..."

http://www.last.fm/music/Juelz+Santana/+wiki

that's a new one, because this is the 1st writing i ever read that he was 1/2 dominican. most of the stuff state he's just African American.

milldam
09-23-2006, 05:02 PM

You guys are really hammering me ....lol, that`s ok it`s all in good fun.

Actually I watched the Lawrence Welk Show a lot when I was a kid, my parents always went out on saturday night and I would stay with the grandparents.

I like a few rap songs but as a whole i`ts not my favorite. I guess as Juan says it`s all about the environment you grew up in.

You guys will really think this is funny but my favorite music is old country from the 50`s through 70`s etc.

blacksultan
09-23-2006, 07:09 PM
You guys are really hammering me ....lol, that`s ok it`s all in good fun.

Actually I watched the Lawrence Welk Show a lot when I was a kid, my parents always went out on saturday night and I would stay with the grandparents.

I like a few rap songs but as a whole i`ts not my favorite. I guess as Juan says it`s all about the environment you grew up in.

You guys will really think this is funny but my favorite music is old country from the 50`s through 70`s etc.

My dad's parents watched the welkster's tv show when I was a little kid too. I now wonder why all of the singers on his show looked so asexual, even the women.

knotty
09-23-2006, 09:51 PM
these couldn't have came at a better time. Killa Cam.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Puffanick2/photo_mid_def_1444483.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Puffanick2/photo_mid_def_1444482.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Puffanick2/photo_mid_def_1444481.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Puffanick2/photo_mid_def_1444480.jpg

Hemp
09-23-2006, 10:09 PM
is this shit foreal :p :p

:eek:

JuanElGriego
09-24-2006, 08:47 PM
WTF was that?!?!?!?!?!!!! :eek:

This dude shits on Jay for wearing sandals yet he's hugging up with a he-she?????

sosuaman
09-24-2006, 08:52 PM

ouch!!.......

BrooklynBeas
09-24-2006, 08:55 PM
that's a new one, because this is the 1st writing i ever read that he was 1/2 dominican. most of the stuff state he's just African American.

Im half dominican too... but thats what happens to all of us after your 10th trip! LOL :)

Magnum
09-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Im half dominican too... but thats what happens to all of us after your 10th trip! LOL :)

Absolutely.....but Jewish from the waist down!

PapiQueRico
09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Actually, in the early 80's Minneapolis was as much a place for the R & B scene as Detroit.

gdogg
09-27-2006, 12:46 AM
Here is a pic of WSJ and the other Yubi.... One of G dogg's fav's as well.

From last Thanksgiving:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gdoggatl/NOVEMBER2005Backup222e.jpg

gdogg
09-27-2006, 12:47 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gdoggatl/NOVEMBER2005Backup221e.jpg

nomad
09-29-2006, 10:37 PM
I have to get this off of my chest.

Saturday Night in Classicos -

We walk up the stairs and they are lined with balloons and streamers. We walk inside and it is the same set up. The whole inside of the club has balloons and streamers everywhere. OK......we think that someone is having a party and it should be a good time. When we walk in to go to the bar at the back wall we pass a group on guys hanging out in the area above the regular level to your right.

The are popping champagne corks every 2 minutes with a shit load of chicas surrounding them. I sit back and start to watch the festivites going on there and to me it appears to be just another group of guys that we have previously discussed here - you know the ones that hang out in front of the Europa wearing the wife beater tees or guinea tees - whatever you choose to call them. This crew was dying for attention and did everything in their power to get it.

Beas quickly alerts me that they are a rap group - the Diplomats - or Dip Set as he referrred to them. He explains to me that they are up and coming and semi famous. When I tell you that I then proceeded to watch the most ridiculous, assinine behavior that I have ever witnessed in my life. Here were these clowns - and I am putting it nicely - standing on the speakers that surround the dance floor making total asses of themselves - crying out PLEASE look at me - I am important.

The whole attitude - which I am sure that I do not have to explain. Classless...clueless...disrespectful....every neagtive word you could think of. Prancing all over the dance floor like they owned the place...taking off their Diplomats t's and throwing them all over- getting down to their barechests.

But wait it gets better....these brain surgeons - who could probably not spell cat if you spotted them the C and the T - decide that now they want to get back up on the speakers and throw wads of dollar bills into the crowd on the dance floor. You could imagine that scene where people were diving all over each other and trampling each other to get to some free $$$$.These jerks got a big kick out of watching $3000 peso a month Dominicans scurry all over for their $$$. Ahhh the power we have.....well as Jayman would say FUCK YOU!

As if that was now not enough...they climb back on the speakers - champagne bottles in hand - and proceed to shake up the bottles, open them and spray the same group of people who were racing to get the $$$. All the while you could see their chests puffed out enjoying their - what they must have thought they had - superiority.

This whole scene made me sick. They ruined a good night for all that were there with their classless - I do not give a shit, thug attitude. If this is what rap has become - pass me the Glenn Campbell CD because I would listen to that crap that have anything to do with what I saw.

Oh...as a wrap up to the Diplomats and their games Saturday night.....they were real big shots when they had the bubbly flowing, throwing around dollar bills, bee bopping all over the dance floor and garnered all of the attention their little pea brains could have wanted. Sunday night - one of the main culprits was sitting in Classicos in the same spot - minus the balloons - minus the streamers - minus the champagne - and guess what? - no one was giving him the time of day!

You neglect to add how much money you and Beas grabbed!

nomad
09-29-2006, 10:50 PM

That is Magnum! Used those assholes money to pay for HIS nights entertainment. I am sure Beas asked them to sign an autograph.

gdogg
09-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Ahhhhh he's just a prince fan!!!!!!!!!!! from the 80's & 90's

That's what our world is missing now, more Prince music (he's still doing it, but not enough)! Taking music classes out of American schools has led to the downfall of this country. Just my humble opinion. The people who can actually play INSTRUMENTS, and write original tunes should be the ones selling records. At the very least, the popular artists should be able to carry a tune. I'll stop now before this tirade continues, I'm really passionate about REAL music!
:icontd:

psriches
09-30-2006, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4FWXQ4OG2k

elsucio
09-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Don't know much about this group, or the rap genre in particular although i do appreciate some rap music. But i did notice some posters plasted in my neighborhood where they are playing a date at a place at a dive club in an industrial part of east Baltimore not much bigger than my house so it appears things aint exactly happening for them right now....

Deniro
09-30-2006, 06:22 PM
WTF was that?!?!?!?!?!!!! :eek:

This dude shits on Jay for wearing sandals yet he's hugging up with a he-she?????

i can only imagine the amount of jealousy Cam'Ron goes to bed every night with.

you gotta pardon Jay for for selling out the garden in a day. (and fucking Beyonce every night :D)

JuanElGriego
09-30-2006, 08:26 PM
i can only imagine the amount of jealousy Cam'Ron goes to bed every night with.

you gotta pardon Jay for for selling out the garden in a day. (and fucking Beyonce every night :D)

The only "garden" Camron can sell out is the one in his grandmama's back yard.

And what about DMX's washed-up ass coming out and siding with Camron, talking about Beyonce's made Jay soft and that he personally would never be seen wearing sandals. When did sandals become such a taboo in the hip-hop world? West Coast cats have been rocking sandals for the longest, but they always wore socks while wearing them. Is it something about exposed toes that makes it not-a-good look? What's next? What about wiping your ass, is that acceptable ..... or is that being pussy?? Do real thugs walk around with shitty assholes? :rolleyes:

Deniro
09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
i never understood how DMX achieved any level of success as a rapper. i'd rather listen Ja Rule than DMX. he should be sucking SwissBeatz's dick every night.

i don't get the whole sandal thing neither. never knew it was a fashion no-no.

Jay is a true P-I-M-P. others are just hating on him for his $$$ and success. BTW, whatever happened the ultimate hustler Dame Dash? what a joke.

http://hdoweu.269g.net/image/017-892330.jpg

PapiQueRico
09-30-2006, 08:45 PM
I freely admit that I don't know shit about Hip Hop, but it seems that it is more about the soap opera lives of the performers than about the music.

That can never be a good thing.

JuanElGriego
09-30-2006, 08:50 PM
i never understood how DMX achieved any level of success as a rapper.

I actually think DMX's first album was an all-time classic.

It came at a time when the East Coast was really putting out weak stuff and he came through and blew everyone out the water with a style and passion no one had heard before ..... and of course as you mentioned, those sick Swizzy beats.

Problem was/is, DMX is limited as a rapper. For long-term success, one has to be versatile and he's anything but, more like a one-trick pony. Every song sounds the same, the whole "dog" and "grrrrr" thing got old quick, and he's never been able to adjust.

Deniro
09-30-2006, 08:54 PM
to me DMX is an East Coast Master P. same shit different album. just replace the "dog" and "grrrrr" thing with "uuggghhhttt".

milldam
09-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Dark Knight
10-01-2006, 03:15 AM
What is that thing?

Dark Knight
10-01-2006, 03:18 AM
There is no such thing as Prince. It would be impossible for it to still be making music, or anything else.

That's what our world is missing now, more Prince music (he's still doing it, but not enough)! Taking music classes out of American schools has led to the downfall of this country. Just my humble opinion. The people who can actually play INSTRUMENTS, and write original tunes should be the ones selling records. At the very least, the popular artists should be able to carry a tune. I'll stop now before this tirade continues, I'm really passionate about REAL music!
:icontd:

milone
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
What is that thing?
Photoshop?

Magnum
10-02-2006, 07:17 AM
You neglect to add how much money you and Beas grabbed!

Who the hell are you??????????????????

Magnum
10-02-2006, 07:20 AM
That is Magnum! Used those assholes money to pay for HIS nights entertainment. I am sure Beas asked them to sign an autograph.

I may look stupid but......

Beas is still learning!

Shit what the hell are you doing here? I got your email about your return.....have a great time....no guest appearance from me...

GDogg is going to love this...you and me at it again!

nomad
10-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Who the hell are you??????????????????

Maaaaaaagnuuuuuuummm!

Do that give you a clue?

psriches
10-02-2006, 08:55 PM
http://hdoweu.269g.net/image/017-892330.jpgHow much for that chica on the left? She's hot but i wouldn't pay more than 2000 pesos.

Deniro
10-02-2006, 09:07 PM
How much for that chica on the left? She's hot but i wouldn't pay more than 2000 pesos.

she's no Nilsa or Kenia, but i would pay a bit more than 2000...

http://www.leeryanfan.com/cob/gallery/photos/elle%20magazine/09.jpg

Hemp
10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
:p the only woman i will ever love

http://individual.utoronto.ca/rapidtransit/beyonce.jpg

Deniro
10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
BTW, while searching for her pics came across this one, Jay is totally jacking my style! white T, blue shorts and Gucci sunglasses! that unstylish motherfucker!!!

http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/startracks/060522/beyonce.jpg

psriches
10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
http://individual.utoronto.ca/rapidtransit/beyonce.jpgCan someone please photoshop this pic? I need to see the toto!!

BrooklynBeas
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Can someone please photoshop this pic? I need to see the toto!!

I was thinkin the same thing LOL... Dont mind a thread jack when its about Beyonce's pussy! :)

Deniro
10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
while we're thread jacking... :D

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1645302/0/nouser_1645/T0_-1_1645302.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1645302)

[img=http://img28.imagevenue.com/loc585/th_42476_untitleds_123_585lo.jpg] (http://img28.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=42476_untitleds_123_585lo.jpg)

psriches
10-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Let's at least stay on thread jack topic.

The topic is Beyonce, Jay Z?? Hell, they're starting to look alike!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/JayZBeyonce.jpg

Deniro
10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
those 2 definitely should not mate!

The topic is Beyonce, Jay Z?? Hell, they're starting to look alike!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/JayZBeyonce.jpg

Deniro
10-02-2006, 11:02 PM

The topic is Beyonce, Jay Z?

yes sir!

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8532/untitledart1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

(click for larger view)
http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc600/th_44285_untitleda_123_600lo.jpg (http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=44285_untitleda_123_600lo.jpg)

psriches
10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
yes yes yes yes yes.......................................................

Magnum
10-03-2006, 08:18 AM

You guys are too much.....this was a thread about a 40-something year old white guy venting about a rap group and now it turns into one about Beyonce sin panties?????

WHAT THE HELL TOOK YOU SO LONG!!!!!!!

blacksultan
10-03-2006, 06:49 PM
I wonder if Beyonce can suck dick well.

psriches
10-03-2006, 07:57 PM
I wonder if Beyonce can suck dick well.Sounds like another job for photoshop. Hey Deniro, where ya at!!!

WSJ3
10-03-2006, 08:03 PM

TAKE IT EASY TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/SammySosa42/YouDIEMF.jpg

Deniro
10-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Sounds like another job for photoshop. Hey Deniro, where ya at!!!

yes she can suck dick very very well. don't ask me how i know, i just do. :D

nah man, i don't know one thing about PhotoShop. i found that pic on the web, someone else did the work.

Vincent Vega
11-03-2006, 05:52 PM
i'm from ny and i know few members. trust me the idots that you seen may have been dipset entourage. not members. cam'ron, juelz santa, jim jones, etc are mad cool.

yourmama
11-07-2006, 09:51 PM
The Hip Hop Power Summit 2006 was held in Sosua. I DJ and have record label contacts and was invited, but could not attend. I figured the type of behavior you described would happen.

Hemp
12-02-2006, 05:53 PM
the new improved dipset...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/ksriver80/w/15.jpg (http://www.topcomments.com/)