PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitoes

FnB
02-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi guys

I've been to BBs a year ago and made a report here
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=227307

Was thinking about going back there in May for a few days and was just wondering, those who have been to the place recently, how is the situation with the mosquitoes? I loved my first time there, but must admit those flying bloodsucking monsters bothered me immensely, even with all the sprays I used.

rookie44
02-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi guys

Was thinking about going back there in May for a few days and was just wondering, those who have been to the place recently, how is the situation with the mosquitoes? I loved my first time there, but must admit those flying bloodsucking monsters bothered me immensely, even with all the sprays I used.

I have two friends there right now I will inquire on that. I am also going in April so I will respond then if the pussy doesn't shatter my brain. lol

Carlos

daddy999
02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
When are you going in April? I'm going as well, but my wingman Dunedain can't pull this trip off.

I have two friends there right now I will inquire on that. I am also going in April so I will respond then if the pussy doesn't shatter my brain. lol

Carlos

gdogg
02-25-2011, 10:40 PM
When are you going in April? I'm going as well, but my wingman Dunedain can't pull this trip off.

Where the hell IS Dunedain?? Haven't heard from him lately.
:confused:

rookie44
02-26-2011, 01:57 AM

April 12-19. How is dunedain? We supposed to hook up in July. I had to squeeze in a trip.

Bahamonger
02-26-2011, 04:55 AM

Carlos
Hola Rookie44!

I Plan to be there in the latter part of April. At about what part of April are you going? It would be awesome to meet and share drink with a board member.

Bahamonger
02-26-2011, 04:59 AM
Just scrolled up and saw your dates Rookie44;missed you by 2 days. Anyone there between 21 and 27

ilv4play
04-07-2011, 12:33 AM
We will be there the 17th - 24th in sousa though.

daddy999
04-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Where the hell IS Dunedain?? Haven't heard from him lately.
:confused:

No worries, he was tied up for a bit, but will be back shortly and to his heat seeking missile ways:wink: He is looking foward to his return.

daddy999
04-07-2011, 01:29 AM
April 12-19. How is dunedain? We supposed to hook up in July. I had to squeeze in a trip.

He's doing well. Don't blame you on squeezing in a trip. I just got back myself. I couldn't wait until July either. He told me about you and July. It's a go if you're still up for it?

daddy999
04-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Hi guys

I just got back and the mosquitoes are still biting. I just don't think they were to bad though. Unless you have some kind of magic spray that works really well for you, don't bother bringing any as they have plenty in the bar area.

TC
04-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I was there in November and got bitten up pretty well. I went to the farmacia near Jenny's and pantomimed what I wanted in my sorry-ass Spanish. They gave me "Hidrocortisona" (hydrocortisone).

I don't think it's for mosquito bites.

daddy999
04-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I was there in November and got bitten up pretty well. I went to the farmacia near Jenny's and pantomimed what I wanted in my sorry-ass Spanish. They gave me "Hidrocortisona" (hydrocortisone).

I don't think it's for mosquito bites.

Yeah, I don't think they got your point-lol! So, when do you plan to make your return?

unclecrook
04-08-2011, 04:20 AM
I come from the great white north and have much experience with the little bastards, and i hate the smell of those dam bug sprays. I used to just smoke cigs and that worked well, but then i quit, but two things have worked for me, Vanilla extract, put it on it smells better, and the other thing that will work is just take Vodka and rub it all over, you will smell like a distilary but the critters hate it, but vodka will dry up pretty quick and you will have to splash some on again, thats why i keep a bottle close by, and drink it often....LOL!

MrHappy
04-08-2011, 07:22 AM
You need to buy the Baygon Mosquito coils in Jenny's. They're super cheap, and last 8 hours or more once lit. You can even burn them while you're sleeping.

The little buggers hate them. That will at least keep your room mosquito free.

TC
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I don't think they got your point-lol! So, when do you plan to make your return?

Hey daddy! Not sure, but I'm going through withdrawal! I'm trying to plan a trip now to somewhere, but I can't decide where!

TC
04-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I come from the great white north and have much experience with the little bastards, and i hate the smell of those dam bug sprays. I used to just smoke cigs and that worked well, but then i quit, but two things have worked for me, Vanilla extract, put it on it smells better, and the other thing that will work is just take Vodka and rub it all over, you will smell like a distilary but the critters hate it, but vodka will dry up pretty quick and you will have to splash some on again, thats why i keep a bottle close by, and drink it often....LOL!

I was in Negril last year, and the girls all knew to use overproof rum. It worked!

Maybe mosquitos are teetotalers.

dunedain
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I think the mosquitoes are haters, they just want to ruin a good time at BB.

Been taking care of business lately which is the reason for my absence. D9 filled me in on his trip there so I guess he would have the most updated info. When Rookie44 gets back we should hear more.

rookie44
04-12-2011, 03:42 PM
. D9 filled me in on his trip there so I guess he would have the most updated info. When Rookie44 gets back we should hear more.

I had to cancel the April trip. 2 family members got very sick so I had to stay back at the ranch and take care of them. BAD LUCK I think. Oh well I still have my photos and memories, and my friends share info with me about their recent trips and vice versa. I did book for July, I will get BIZZZAY on my B-day. A bunch of friends will be in the house. Roll call Dunedain, S & C (2 friends from NY & Conn)., My man C from B-more with his lady. Me and my wifeee. It should be off the hook. Its always better with good peeps. Dunedain I hope D9 may share some recent info to keep the rest of us junkies going.:)

cdstart=8th%20Blackbeards%20hostage%20release&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/Brazil3.jpg&yr=2011&mo=7&da=12&hr=14&mi=30&sc=0&cdend=No%20Mas%20Leche&txtcolor=undefined&untilcolor=undefined

SrSuerte
04-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Spray is cool, but I just wear pants and spray my arms when those blood suckers come out.

MrHappy
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Spray is cool, but I just wear pants and spray my arms when those blood suckers come out.

I'm really surprised that John hasn't bought one of those hand held portable propane foggers to spray the place.

All it would take is a minute or two blast each night in the east "volleyball/bar" area, and it would probably get rid of them completely.

greydread
04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
just take Vodka and rub it all over, you will smell like a distilary but the critters hate it, but vodka will dry up pretty quick and you will have to splash some on again, thats why i keep a bottle close by, and drink it often....LOL!
Actually drinking enough vodka so that it comes out of your pores when you perspire works even better. A good cigar will help to intensify this effect.

Rubicon
04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
For whomever might be interested:

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=31314

I've found this stuff to be EXCELLENT. Non-greasy, smells good without smelling "perfumy", and has worked great. Been using it for the past few years and wouldn't use anything else.