PDA

View Full Version : Bus_Sosua to Santiago

FritoBandito
02-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi,

Which is the better bus to take to Santiago? Metro Bus or Caribe Tours???

Does the Metro Bus leave the Texaco station in Sosua every hour like the Caribe Tours bus runs in Charamicos???

If I am going to the monument area in downtown Santiago, which bus runs closer to that area????

Thank you much,
J.B.

weyland
02-27-2011, 11:08 PM
If I am going to the monument area in downtown Santiago, which bus runs closer to that area?
They both have depots at Las Jardines, which is not particularly near the Monument (about 1 kilometre away?) but nearer than Caribe Tours' other depot in Las Colinas.

harlem hec
02-27-2011, 11:13 PM
I only use the Metro....its 180 pesos and I think its 820am 1020am 120pm and 420pm from what i remember

It takes 2 hours....makes a stop in Puerto Plata then heads over to Santiago

Best thing about it is that you dont have to get over to Charamicos for it and a different class of people take the metro from what i noticed

rushdog34
02-28-2011, 07:22 AM
So the metro station is more convenient as far as the pickup location what about the buses that they use?

I only use the Metro....its 180 pesos and I think its 820am 1020am 120pm and 420pm from what i remember

It takes 2 hours....makes a stop in Puerto Plata then heads over to Santiago

Best thing about it is that you dont have to get over to Charamicos for it and a different class of people take the metro from what i noticed

Seville
02-28-2011, 07:35 AM
So the metro station is more convenient as far as the pickup location what about the buses that they use?

Both buses, Metro and Caribe, are just fine. Bring a sweatshirt, long sleeved shirt or light jacket. They crank the A/C. The Metro is a little faster because it makes less stops.

weyland
02-28-2011, 07:43 AM
The Metro is a little faster because it makes less stops.
Be careful if you plan on returning mid/late afternoon. Metro have a two hour plus gap in their schedule around then and for that reason the Caribe Tours can get fully booked.

jcrew2020
02-28-2011, 08:30 AM
I prefer to ride the Metro. Better class of people. In Santiago, the metro and caribe tours are located right next to each. If you don't feel like waiting 2 hours for the Metro, then walk to Caribe Tours and buy a ticket. Same type of buses. Caribe tours is a few pesos cheaper.

jcrew2020
02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
When you arrive in Santiago, You can catch the A car, in front of the Metro Station, 2 minutes later and 20 pesos, you will be in downtown Santiago.

jacknback
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
I have used both coming and going.
Prefer Metro.
Last out of Sosua each day around 5:30PM.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
03-09-2011, 12:08 AM
When you arrive in Santiago, You can catch the A car, in front of the Metro Station, 2 minutes later and 20 pesos, you will be in downtown Santiago.

Tell me more about this "A car". Bus, cab???
I was wondering how beat to do a Santiago airport- to- bus station connection.
Not saying I'll def be flying into STI, but if it's alot cheaper than POP...
Then to "Los Jardines"? Far from downtown? 1km?

jcrew2020
03-09-2011, 07:58 AM
The "A" is a publico. A small car that holds 4 people in the back and 3 people in the front. The letter on the car tells, you where it goes. Fast and Cheap way to get around the city.

You will find that the "PA" car runs from the airport to the city. You can catch the car, right in front of the airport. It will take you to downtown santiago.