PDA

View Full Version : Hipolito extends an olive branch

NewsWhore
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
The PRD party's newly elected presidential candidate, Hipolito Mejia, extended an olive branch to his opponent Miguel Vargas Maldonado yesterday. He added that he needed Vargas' support in order to win the 2012 elections. According to Diario Libre, Mejia said that his priority after winning the nomination was to achieve internal unity, and for that purpose he will consider all the decisions or initiatives by the National Organizing Commission members, who include Enmanuel Esquea Guerrero, Milagros Ortiz Bosch and Hugo Tolentino Dipp and other notables. Mejia defended the work of the Organizing Commission members, who besides doing an enviable job, he feels that they are part of the "national pride".

"They did a job and they did it well and for this they will always have my support, my pride and my satisfaction, and to say that not all is lost in the country with people like them and instead of criticizing them I support them", he declared. The former President of the Republic ratified his running mate as Luis Abinader, with whom he signed an agreement and gave his word, which he said, would be fulfilled to the letter. Likewise, although he did not reveal any names, he said that many leading members from the Vargas camp have approached him to offer him their support as the PRD candidate.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#8)