PDA

View Full Version : Pizzeria Napoletana, New Pizza Place in Sosua.

Hoseman
03-18-2011, 09:01 AM
There is a New Pizza Place right down the Street from Classicos toward the Main Hwy.If you lie Pizza in my opinion it is the best I have had in Sosua it looks like it is only open in the evening I will check and find out the Hours.The Name of it is Pizzeria Napoletana.

CaseOne
03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Will try in a couple of weeks..best pizza for me is the spot in front of NG....so awesome.

Hoseman
03-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Will try in a couple of weeks..best pizza for me is the spot in front of NG....so awesome.You are talking about D'Colores in my opinion better.

officemgr
03-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I like the pizza at the French place near brittania.

Sidney
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Be careful there. The owner will cheat you on the bill at every opportunity!

balcoach
03-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Hoseman is correct. The place up the street from merengue/winner's circle is quality pie, and pizza by the slice for 50 pesos. Take it from a fat man...quality new york style neopolitan slices.

Jimmydr
03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Hoseman is correct. The place up the street from merengue/winner's circle is quality pie, and pizza by the slice for 50 pesos. Take it from a fat man...quality new york style neopolitan slices.

There is nothing like taking a break, having a slice or some ice cream or a coffee. I do it daily, sometimes twice a day.

WickedWillie
03-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Wow thats great........Sosua has been crying out for yet another fucking pizza place:(

Maybe it's all part of the mayor and her cronies ingenious plan to make Sosua more attractive to tourists.:(

Thanks for the heads up D.

papi_sosua
03-18-2011, 05:59 PM
In January there were even rumors floating around, that we'll soon have a Doener Kebab place!!! What's wrong with pizza?

I am dying for a good Doener. Lamb, tsatsiki, w/ all the fixins...

Wow thats great........Sosua has been crying out for yet another fucking pizza place:(

Maybe it's all part of the mayor and her cronies ingenious plan to make Sosua more attractive to tourists.:(

Thanks for the heads up D.

Jimmydr
03-18-2011, 06:00 PM
In January there were even rumors floating around, that we'll soon have a Doener Kebab place!!! What's wrong with pizza?

They will need to import that.

WickedWillie
03-18-2011, 07:40 PM

Nothing at all wrong with pizza, I love it but I hope they do well along with the other 30 places in town where you can get pizza.

The new place Cheros (the old Pedro McFailure location) has what looks like doner kebabs. Get in quick before they close as their footfall appears minimal.:wink:

psriches
03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Nothing at all wrong with pizza, I love it but I hope they do well along with the other 30 places in town where you can get pizza.

The new place Cheros (the old Pedro McFailure location) has what looks like doner kebabs. Get in quick before they close as their footfall appears minimal.:wink:Right, but 27 of those places are horrible!!!

CaseOne
03-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Right, but 27 of those places are horrible!!!

What he said.

Jimmydr
03-20-2011, 10:06 AM

I did without Pizza while I was in DR or Mexico or Jamaica to name a few places.

Apos
03-20-2011, 01:45 PM
It's all a matter of taste and opinion....like most of life :D

In Sosua I had no difficulty in getting decent to very good pizza...the hardest part was remembering that Oh La Vache is closed on Mondays :mrgreen:

How ironic that one of the best places in Sosua to get pizza is a French restaurant! :lol:

The new place Cheros (the old Pedro McFailure location) has what looks like doner kebabs. Get in quick before they close as their footfall appears minimal.:wink:

What he said.

I did without Pizza while I was in DR or Mexico or Jamaica to name a few places.

I've eaten a lot of pizza in my life and have my own opinions but I've never met more opinionated people regarding pizza than NYers :rolleyes: and I did not like the pizza I had in NYC. :eek::eek::eek:

Apparently I was eating at all the wrong places...;)

Somewhere I have a list of a few recommended places and I will try one or two a day my next visit. Perhaps some of you NY guys could help out by listing the name and approximate address or your 2 or 3 favourite pizza places. :iconTU:

Jimmydr
03-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I've eaten a lot of pizza in my life and have my own opinions but I've never met more opinionated people regarding pizza than NYers :rolleyes: and I did not like the pizza I had in NYC. :eek::eek::eek:

The pizza is so fucking good here, I would pass up pussy to get a few slices of it, that is how good it is.

Apos
03-20-2011, 01:51 PM

They will need to import that.

What will they need to import except possibly the roasters? I would suspect that those would either already be available or would be improvised.

Excellent lamb is available locally as are yoghurt, sour cream and all the spices, etc...are available at larger grocery stores already.

What they really need is someone that knows how to properly prepare and cook everything.

Jimmydr
03-20-2011, 01:58 PM
What will they need to import except possibly the roasters? I would suspect that those would either already be available or would be improvised.

Excellent lamb is available locally as are yoghurt, sour cream and all the spices, etc...are available at larger grocery stores already.

What they really need is someone that knows how to properly prepare and cook everything.

So where do they keep the sheep herds in DR? I never seen live ones.

Apos
03-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Sabaneta :D
So where do they keep the sheep herds in DR? I never seen live ones.You should come back to the DR. I'll meet you there and we can have a BBQ. Roast pig and lamb! I know everyone we need to know for everything from supply of the food, location, catering...whatever we'd want.

The only real question is do you want to have it in Sosua or in the countryside somewhere. Perhaps by a pond or river? :mrgreen:

Jimmydr
03-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Sabaneta :DYou should come back to the DR. I'll meet you there and we can have a BBQ. Roast pig and lamb! I know everyone we need to know for everything from supply of the food, location, catering...whatever we'd want.

The only real question is do you want to have it in Sosua or in the countryside somewhere. Perhaps by a pond of river? :mrgreen:

Funny, as I was in Sabaneta a few times and never saw any. Are you talking about a guy with 10 or a few guys with a few 1,000 of them.

Apos
03-20-2011, 02:07 PM
No idea Jimmy, I'm not an agricultural expert. :rolleyes:

I just know that fresh lamb is available as you can buy it at the butcher or some supermarkets and I have a friend with a finca that often has lamb and always has pigs.
Funny, as I was in Sabaneta a few times and never saw any. Are you talking about a guy with 10 or a few guys with a few 1,000 of them.

Jimmydr
03-20-2011, 02:09 PM
No idea Jimmy, I'm not an agricultural expert. :rolleyes:

I just know that fresh lamb is available as you can buy it at the butcher or some supermarkets and I have a friend with a finca that often has lamb and always has pigs.

Pigs and goats, well there are many 1,000's of those and there is a guy that had 2 Llamas, on his farm but he didn't request a pair and ended up with 2 males.

Apos
03-20-2011, 02:17 PM
And...:confused:
Pigs and goats, well there are many 1,000's of those and there is a guy that had 2 Llamas, on his farm but he didn't request a pair and ended up with 2 males.

I guess he wasn't a expert farmer either! :corky:

Jimmydr
03-20-2011, 02:18 PM
And...:confused:

I guess he wasn't a expert farmer either! :corky:

Just because you can raise pigs doesn't mean you can raise chickens.

Apos
03-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Not sure where this tangent came from....

...but, fresh lamb and piglets are easily available from local producers. I have no idea or interst in how they are raised...just in eating them once they're cooked! :D

psriches
03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
It's all a matter of taste and opinion....like most of life :D

In Sosua I had no difficulty in getting decent to very good pizza...the hardest part was remembering that Oh La Vache is closed on Mondays :mrgreen:

How ironic that one of the best places in Sosua to get pizza is a French restaurant! :lol:

Somewhere I have a list of a few recommended places and I will try one or two a day my next visit. Perhaps some of you NY guys could help out by listing the name and approximate address or your 2 or 3 favourite pizza places. :iconTU:PIZZA has been a staple food for us (including Jersey and PA) since the 1800's; well before Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc. So we have an acquired taste for the stuff.

Most of us have our favorite neighborhood spots that would rival any of the trendy places you will receive as an answer to your "favorites" question.

Apos
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks but that's ok.

Not interested in the 3 you've listed and already have recommendations.

I'd forgotten just how serious pizza is...my bad :lol:
PIZZA has been a staple food for us (including Jersey and PA) since the 1800's; well before Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc. So we have an acquired taste for the stuff.

Most of us have our favorite neighborhood spots that would rival any of the trendy places you will receive as an answer to your "favorites" question.

psriches
03-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks but that's ok.

Not interested in the 3 you've listed and already have recommendations.

I'd forgotten just how serious pizza is...my bad :lol:And just to clarify, dominoes, papa john's and pizza hut are not the New York trendy places i'm referring too. New York trendy would be Lombardi's, John's, etc...... The ones you find on "New York Best Pizza" lists.

Our neighborhood spots are much better than all of the above! :wink:

Apos
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Muy claro...
And just to clarify, dominoes, papa john's and pizza hut are not the New York trendy places i'm referring too. New York trendy would be Lombardi's, John's, etc...... The ones you find on "New York Best Pizza" lists.

As with most "neighbourhood" type things no one's lining up to share to "outsiders". Thankfully I have friends. :D

Interesting to see that "we always" think what we're familiar with is the best. I grew up on pizza just like this
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_33364d8685b3a39c3.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=99616)

and some of the finest Chicago Style Pizza North of Chicago! :corky:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_33364d8685e9907eb.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=99617)http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_33364d868601bcad5.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=99618)
...but what could a Canadian possibly know about pizza! :eek::rofl:

DASBOOTY
03-20-2011, 09:36 PM
There is a New Pizza Place right down the Street from Classicos toward the Main Hwy.If you lie Pizza in my opinion it is the best I have had in Sosua it looks like it is only open in the evening I will check and find out the Hours.The Name of it is Pizzeria Napoletana.

This place was recommended to me by a bartender in Sosua. I went there one day at 3:30pm but it was closed. The guy there told me they opened at 5:00pm. I went to PJ's instead and had the shrimp and garlic pizza. Very good!

Sidney
03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
This ain't Napoli or NYC. The pizza is medium at best! At 75 pesos($2) for a pepperroni slice, it ain't no bargain either!

Hoseman
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
This ain't Napoli or NYC. The pizza is medium at best! At 75 pesos($2) for a pepperroni slice, it ain't no bargain either!It was 50 peso last week.I know it is not as good as Piizza in the States or Italy.But for the DR it is good and defintely good as far as Sosua is Concerned.If I get a decent Stea here it has been Avg. at best in comparsion to the States.

Sidney
03-23-2011, 08:51 AM
He probably cheated me on the price. Tipico!

mrblackluv
04-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I had a pizza from this place a few days ago.
I will concur..it's a pretty good pizza.

I will be back.
I also had a pizza from Pomodoros in Cabarete...will not go back there for pizza.

LJDMV
04-20-2011, 10:28 PM
I think went there too if it is a couple doors down from winners circle. We ordered a pie from there and had it delivered to winners circle during the final 4 game. It was good..

questner
04-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Post a menu. Is it a rising or thin crust pizza? I love those thick ones from Pizza Hut (medium pizza in 6 pieces 350 baht)

onetosix
04-21-2011, 06:00 AM

Me too, I like the pizza best at Oh la Vache(sp?) next to Brittania on Pedro Clisante....I think I've tried about all of the places in Sosua. "good" pizza is very subjective so different ones are going to like different places.

Sidney
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I just had my second and last experience here. I wanted a slice of pepperoni. The slice had 2 dime sized pieces. I ask for more. The stupid owner says ''yes, but it will be 20 more pesos.'' I told him ''to stick it up his ass'', and walked out!

Seņor JDR of Medellin
04-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I just had my second and last experience here. I wanted a slice of pepperoni. The slice had 2 dime sized pieces. I ask for more. The stupid owner says ''yes, but it will be 20 more pesos.'' I told him ''to stick it up his ass'', and walked out!

Wow, still another bad experience for you.:rolleyes:

Sidney
04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Wow, still another bad experience for you.:rolleyes:
Yeah. It is all my fault for being negative and such an asshole!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah. It is all my fault for being negative and such an asshole!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well I been reading most of your stuff and from your angle, Sosua is dead, restaurants suck, your amigas are getting arrested left and right and the pizza is too expensive. Why not just go back home?

Sidney
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Well I been reading most of your stuff and from your angle, Sosua is dead, restaurants suck, your amigas are getting arrested left and right and the pizza is too expensive. Why not just go back home?
Sorry Jimmie! You are hallucinating! Your mind wants to see negative! I report what I see. Sosua is not dead, but it has moderated since the crackdown, Dec. 3. Most all restaurants are very good! Only, the Napoli restaurant fuked me once and they were refused at my second attempt. Try it if you like. I had 2 amigas arrested early. They are very careful since then. Sosua is my home. I am happy here! Jimmy, give Sosua another try!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
04-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry Jimmie! You are hallucinating! Your mind wants to see negative! I report what I see. Sosua is not dead, but it has moderated since the crackdown, Dec. 3. Most all restaurants are very good! Only, the Napoli restaurant fuked me once and they were refused at my second attempt. Try it if you like. I had 2 amigas arrested early. They are very careful since then. Sosua is my home. I am happy here! Jimmy, give Sosua another try!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perhaps Jimmy will also hand out some of XmanDave's flyers in front of Clasico's. Show us how safe that would be too! :D:rolleyes:

If that happen's I'll be perched at my favourite seat at The Winner's Circle enjoying the spectacle! :lol::rofl:

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 02:07 PM

Maybe in 20 years when I am tired of Medellin.

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Perhaps Jimmy will also hand out some of XmanDave's flyers in front of Clasico's. Show us how safe that would be too! :D:rolleyes:

If that happen's I'll be perched at my favourite seat at The Winner's Circle enjoying the spectacle! :lol::rofl:

Please update us on how many tourists were murdered over the past 15 years in Sosua?

deezl
04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
And just to clarify, dominoes, papa john's and pizza hut are not the New York trendy places i'm referring too. New York trendy would be Lombardi's, John's, etc...... The ones you find on "New York Best Pizza" lists.

fine, but you say one bad word about grimaldi's and we're gonna have a problem. :wink:

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 02:09 PM
fine, but you say one bad word about grimaldi's and we're gonna have a problem. :wink:

That is a top 3 place for Pizza in NY.:bigthumbup:

Apos
04-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Please update us on how many tourists were murdered over the past 15 years in Sosua?

I've not been keeping score but I'd say more reported in the last 2 years than in the 10-15 years previous. There's been a noticeable spike in violent crime against tourists and expats with many being seriously injured and killed.

This is in the DR in general but most memorable to me in places like Sosua, Boca Chica and Las Terrenas. It's far too common. :eek:

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I've not been keeping score but I'd say more reported in the last 2 years than in the 10-15 years previous. There's been a noticeable spike in violent crime against tourists and expats with many being seriously injured and killed.

This is in the DR in general but most memorable to me in places like Sosua, Boca Chica and Las Terrenas. It's far too common. :eek:

You said try handing out flyers and see what happens. Well, last year in Medellin, 2,000 were murdered.

I am sure that for every murdered tourist, a Dominican will be caught for the crime.

Apos
04-21-2011, 02:19 PM
You said try handing out flyers and see what happens. Well, last year in Medellin, 2,000 were murdered.

I am sure that for every murdered tourist, a Dominican will be caught for the crime.

Does that go for expats as well?

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 02:21 PM

It goes for everyone that is in the wrong places. Deals gone bad if you know what I mean.

Apos
04-21-2011, 02:22 PM
It goes for everyone that is in the wrong places. Deals gone bad if you know what I mean.

I could venture a guess at what you're implying but I won't.

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 02:24 PM
I could venture a guess at what you're implying but I won't.

At this point, we understand what each other means.:bigthumbup::bigthumbup:

Apos
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
There are all too many unsolved deaths of expats in the DR like the lawyer in Sousa, the older lady in Gaspar Hernandez and others in Samana/Las terrenas just to name a few. :D

Just because people think they know something does not mean they can prove it or that they're right in the first place. Of course the ones that are "solved" may not actually be...know what I mean? :wink:

Apos
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM
At this point, we understand what each other means.:bigthumbup::bigthumbup:

Perhaps but I don't believe it's that simple...;)

Apos
04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Are all the Grimaldi's locations equally good?

CaseOne
04-21-2011, 02:51 PM
With so much emphasis on Sosua and DR on ISOC..why not visit Jimmy? Seems odd to just give up DR cold turkey.

Sidney
04-21-2011, 03:00 PM
With so much emphasis on Sosua and DR on ISOC..why not visit Jimmy? Seems odd to just give up DR cold turkey.
A great idea! Cum on over!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DASBOOTY
04-21-2011, 03:22 PM

It makes no difference to me how many were murdered.

I am still going back in July :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Are all the Grimaldi's locations equally good?

I only been to two of their locations and both were good.

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 03:23 PM

Why would I go to a place that is 4th or 5th on my list of places to go.

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
A great idea! Cum on over!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

95% of the guys that I met and hung out there with back in 2003-2006 have moved on to other places. Sosua is great if you want point and click, and don't care about speaking the language.

DASBOOTY
04-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Sidney tells it as it is. He pulls no punches. And he is funny as hell:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!

Jimmydr
04-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Sidney tells it as it is. He pulls no punches. And he is funny as hell:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!

Funny as in ha ha or funny in as sad.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DASBOOTY
04-21-2011, 03:39 PM

And besides the above, he always thanks my posts :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:!

Hoseman
04-21-2011, 05:12 PM
There are all too many unsolved deaths of expats in the DR like the lawyer in Sousa, the older lady in Gaspar Hernandez and others in Samana/Las terrenas just to name a few. :D

Just because people think they know something does not mean they can prove it or that they're right in the first place. Of course the ones that are "solved" may not actually be...know what I mean? :wink:I don't know about Canada But I know there are way more unsolved in Detroit.People are going find something wrong with where they live you just wiegh the positives against the negatives.

Sidney
04-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Why are we wasting 4 pages of posts on this, at best, a very ordinary pizza place?

Seņor JDR of Medellin
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Why are we wasting 4 pages of posts on this, at best, a very ordinary pizza place?

Haha, we have wasted more pages on other things.

TC
04-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Is that a statement for or against going to medellin?

TC
04-22-2011, 08:52 PM

Don't worry about the pages. Jimmy can get us more. Cheap!

psriches
04-22-2011, 09:24 PM
AVERAGE!!!!!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/42094db2279aef870.jpg
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/42094db2279bc586a.jpg

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 10:07 AM
These guys that are not from NY, New Haven, Conn, Philly or Boston, really have no idea what pizza should taste like,

TC
04-24-2011, 03:35 PM
These guys that are not from NY, New Haven, Conn, Philly or Boston, really have no idea what pizza should taste like,

I would NOT include any of those other places with NY. Especially Boston.

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 03:36 PM
I would NOT include any of those other places with NY. Especially Boston.

I have had very good pizza in all those places so, I would include it.

Hoseman
04-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Andr the Yankees are going to win the World Series and the Knicks the NBA Championship right.

Apos
04-24-2011, 05:08 PM

Do you know these guys?

TC
04-24-2011, 06:18 PM

I have had very good pizza in all those places so, I would include it.

Then perhaps we should include guys from Queens in the list of ones "really have no idea what pizza should taste like"! :smile:

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Do you know these guys?

you again.:mrgreen:

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Then perhaps we should include guys from Queens in the list of ones "really have no idea what pizza should taste like"! :smile:

Lombardi's is #1, in the WORLD.

Apos
04-24-2011, 07:13 PM
you again.:mrgreen:
Of course :rolleyes:....so you don't know them or where they're from, correct? ;)

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Of course :rolleyes:....so you don't know them or where they're from, correct? ;)

Well I never met anyone from NY, Boston, Philly or New Haven that said there was good pizza outside of these areas.

List the top 3 places within 50 miles of your home.

Apos
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Well I never met anyone from NY, Boston, Philly or New Haven that said there was good pizza outside of these areas.

I'll consider it after you admit that you don't know where "the pizza guys" are from. :rolleyes:

Jimmydr
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
I'll consider it after you admit that you don't know where "the pizza guys" are from. :rolleyes:

You don't know what great pizza is. But its okay, everyone can't be from the 4 places that I mentioned.

TC
04-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Lombardi's is #1, in the WORLD.

Exactly! New York, baby!!! GTFO with that Boston/Phiily/Connecticut stale cardboard shit!!!

Hunter
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Oh Please....

Pepes and Sallys of New Haven beats any New York pie.....especially that overrated Lomabardis :lol:

Apos
04-24-2011, 09:44 PM
You don't know what great pizza is. But its okay, everyone can't be from the 4 places that I mentioned.

So you keep telling me but that does not make it true. :corky:

Don Alejo
04-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Anything from Wooster St. is off the chain! Best Pizza I ever had, and Best Breakfast Sandwich I ever had!

TC
04-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Oh Please....

Pepes and Sallys of New Haven beats any New York pie.....especially that overrated Lomabardis :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's like saying Idaho has the best art museums! Thanks, Hunter! I needed a good laugh!!!

Jimmydr
04-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Oh Please....

Like I said, New Haven is up there.

Jimmydr
04-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Anything from Wooster St. is off the chain! Best Pizza I ever had, and Best Breakfast Sandwich I ever had!

Where is Wooster Street?

Jimmydr
04-25-2011, 08:41 AM
So you keep telling me but that does not make it true. :corky:

Think about what you just said. Applies to everything that we hear.

Hunter
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Where is Wooster Street?

New Haven - Street of Pepes and Sallys

Jimmydr
04-25-2011, 08:47 AM
New Haven - Street of Pepes and Sallys

I need to get over there to try some.

Jimmydr
04-25-2011, 08:47 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's like saying Idaho has the best art museums! Thanks, Hunter! I needed a good laugh!!!

Italians make the BEST pizza and they are in all these areas.

TC
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Like I said, New Haven is up there.

You're half right. "New Haven is up there" in Connecticut. Other than that....

TC
04-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Italians make the BEST pizza and they are in all these areas.

Perhaps, but since we're talking about American pizza places, that's irrelevent. Where your grandparents came from is as relevent to your pizza-making skills as it is to your ability to hit a curveball.

The best pizza in AMERICA is made with New York water.

Don't even get me started on bagels and chinese food.

psriches
04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Anything from Wooster St. is off the chain! Best Pizza I ever had, and Best Breakfast Sandwich I ever had!I was on Wooster St yesterday! Off of Houston St and Broadway.

Jimmydr
04-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Perhaps, but since we're talking about American pizza places, that's irrelevent. Where your grandparents came from is as relevent to your pizza-making skills as it is to your ability to hit a curveball.

Don't even get me started on bagels and chinese food.

So you plan on eating in my Chinese restaurant anytime soon.

TC
04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
So you plan on eating in my Chinese restaurant anytime soon.

If you're referring to that place we went to in Flushing, I've been back to that place several times! It was really good!

But it was even better with Jiggy there to order for us!!!

BigLongBeach
04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
The pizza is so fucking good here, I would pass up pussy to get a few slices of it, that is how good it is.

Muy claro...
As with most "neighbourhood" type things no one's lining up to share to "outsiders". Thankfully I have friends. :D

psriches is saying that in every neighborhood in NYC/TRI-state-area there is a pizza parlor or 2 and their pizza is better than any place outside of the NYC/Tri-state.

My personal favorites are a breaded chicken, and pepperoni pie from my local pizza place, or a lasagna slice from my buddies neighborhood place about 8minutes away.

Lombardi's is the best non local/neighborhood pizza parlor i have been to. I heard Johns was better but i havent had the need to try it.

Jimmydr
04-27-2011, 09:41 AM
If you're referring to that place we went to in Flushing, I've been back to that place several times! It was really good!

But it was even better with Jiggy there to order for us!!!

I was saying that if I open up a restaurant, since its all about the water, will you be a regular customer of mine?

TC
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
I was saying that if I open up a restaurant, since its all about the water, will you be a regular customer of mine?

Sigh.

How can anyone say they will become a regular customer of a hypothetical restauarnt they've never tried? Unless you are planning to have hot witressess give all the customers complimentary blow jobs.

The water is ONE factor necessary to have the BEST pizza, bagels, etc. But not the only one. There are many other requirements, such as all you other ingredients, your cooking skill, etc.

Also, Jimmy, if you open a restaurant, PUH-LEEZE promise me that you'll wash your hands.

Sidney
04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
The best Pizza is at El Cuartito (queso, fugazzeta con jamon). Buenos Aires, AR:lol::lol::lol: Better than Chicago deep dish or NYC thin slice! My son and friends from Chicago and MSP wanted to eat there every night! For your info, BA is 55% Italian.

Jimmydr
04-27-2011, 06:18 PM
The best Pizza is at El Cuartito (queso, fugazzeta con jamon). Buenos Aires, AR:lol::lol::lol: Better than Chicago deep dish or NYC thin slice! My son and friends from Chicago and MSP wanted to eat there every night! For your info, BA is 55% Italian.

You summed it up.

Jimmydr
04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Sigh.

Also, Jimmy, if you open a restaurant, PUH-LEEZE promise me that you'll wash your hands.

That is why NYC pizza tastes so good. Unwashed hands.

deezl
04-27-2011, 06:28 PM
For what it's worth, I think the hot waitresses + complimentary blowjobs is a great restaurant idea.

I'd be there for lunch every day, though I'm not sure I'd ever actually eat there.

Jimmydr
04-27-2011, 06:31 PM
For what it's worth, I think the hot waitresses + complimentary blowjobs is a great restaurant idea.

I'd be there for lunch every day, though I'm not sure I'd ever actually eat there.

Well my restaurant will be located in Laurelas. Bjs are not free, at my place.

deezl
04-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Well my restaurant will be located in Laurelas. Bjs are not free, at my place.

as long as they're on the menu you'll get a visit, but i can't promise repeat business.

DASBOOTY
05-01-2011, 06:03 AM
That is why NYC pizza tastes so good. Unwashed hands.

Jimmy, maybe it is the leche that the cheese is made of!

Which brings me to the story of the 3 cheese pizza:

This girl ordered a vegetarian pizza from a local pizza place to be delivered. However, the pizza that was delivered to her had meat on it. She called the pizza place back and told them she wanted a vegetarian pizza delivered. The 3 guys working there didn't take to kindly to her complaint and so when they were making her the new pizza, they dropped their own leche onto the pizza and then had it delivered.

Well, the girl got sick after she ate the pizza:puke:. The next day her father took a sample of the pizza to a hospital to have it analyzed. It was found to have semen in it. The health authorities shut down the pizza place. This is a true story.

Apos
05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
John's in The Village? Delicious! :corky:
psriches is saying that in every neighborhood in NYC/TRI-state-area there is a pizza parlor or 2 and their pizza is better than any place outside of the NYC/Tri-state.

My personal favorites are a breaded chicken, and pepperoni pie from my local pizza place, or a lasagna slice from my buddies neighborhood place about 8minutes away.

Lombardi's is the best non local/neighborhood pizza parlor i have been to. I heard Johns was better but i havent had the need to try it.

Jimmydr
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
John's in The Village? Delicious! :corky:

I think John has 5 locations and its in my top 10.

Hunter
05-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Got a road trip idea for you and Jimmy.

Come down to New Haven....you need $170.00. First we'll go to Star and get laid by hot Koreans....that is FS for $170.00

Then I'll take you to Pepes to show you a real pizza. I'll buy the pizza.

Matter a fact that is what I'm doing today but going to another pizza joint :lol::lol:

Jimmydr
05-01-2011, 01:51 PM

Come down to New Haven....you need $170.00. First we'll go to Star and get laid by hot Koreans....that is FS for $170.00

Matter a fact that is what I'm doing today but going to another pizza joint :lol::lol:

I will see if my wingman is up to that, in the future.

Hunter
05-02-2011, 08:49 AM
I will see if my wingman is up to that, in the future.

Jackpot yesterday...Gigi....26...natural rack....NO english..good sign...

Sure enough BBBJ...hot damn my lucky day..also CIM :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I got one of those in January too...very rare at AMPs...but it is my good looks that turns them :wink:

Jimmydr
05-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Jackpot yesterday...Gigi....26...natural rack....NO english..good sign...

Sure enough BBBJ...hot damn my lucky day..also CIM :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I got one of those in January too...very rare at AMPs...but it is my good looks that turns them :wink:

Lucky to get a BBBJ, hahahaha. My last find in Meddy insisted that I cum in her mouth so she could swallow.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

TC
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM

As much as I like your plan, if we did it, my pizza would taste like Korean pussy!

Jimmydr
05-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Attention all pizza lovers. I have entered into the yellow pages my top places of NYC. I could use help on the New Haven and Philly places as well as additional NY places.

bentwire
05-04-2011, 04:23 PM
As much as I like your plan, if we did it, my pizza would taste like Korean pussy!

lol is that a bad thing???

TC
05-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Attention all pizza lovers. I have entered into the yellow pages my top places of NYC. I could use help on the New Haven and Philly places as well as additional NY places.

Here is all the help you need:

You already have a list of the best pizza places in NY, the best place for pizza this side of Italy. You live here. There is no reason to leave New York for lesser pizza elsewhere. In Philly, have a cheesesteak. In Buffalo, get wings. In Connecticut, go to New York.

Let me try to put this in terms you can relate to:

You like Medellin chicas more than any other chicas on earth. During your next Medellin trip, why on earth would you leave Colombia to go to another country to search for Medellin chicas?

Jimmydr
05-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Here is all the help you need:

You already have a list of the best pizza places in NY, the best place for pizza this side of Italy. You live here. There is no reason to leave New York for lesser pizza elsewhere. In Philly, have a cheesesteak. In Buffalo, get wings. In Connecticut, go to New York.

I was in Philly and had cheestakes and pizza.

Jimmydr
05-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Let me try to put this in terms you can relate to:

You like Medellin chicas more than any other chicas on earth. During your next Medellin trip, why on earth would you leave Colombia to go to another country to search for Medellin chicas?

Pizza is done best by Italians who come from Italy and have settled all over the US. The best pizza can be found all over.

ilv4play
05-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I have to admit to eating pizza in Sosua, and the French place Oh La Vecha had it going on. Add some spicy oil and the chilie pepper flakes..... Oh baby. Just remember to wash your hands well before playing with the chica or they might have a strange warming sensation that gets a little out of control. That is from experience and apparently it does sting a bit. We did not notice any issues with our checks and actually talked with the owner for quite some time on each of our visits.

TC
05-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I was in Philly and had cheestakes and pizza.

Any veggies?

TC
05-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Pizza is done best by Italians who come from Italy and have settled all over the US. The best pizza can be found all over.

Wrong. The best pizza comes from know-how AND the best ingredients. Like dough made from NEW YORK water. Where your grandparents come from doesn't mean you can make great pizza.