PDA

View Full Version : La Roca - Puerto Plata

thunderstar
03-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Guys

Its been nearly a year since we were last on the north cost – can anyone tell me if La Roca Cabana is still going?

Also – what the rates are for the “Presidential” rooms are?

Looking for a 20 hour “hire”.

Thanks for your help!

weyland
03-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Certainly still flourishing. No idea of rates.

What makes you think you can fuck for 20 hours? Or do you need a nineteen-and-a-half-hour break after the first time before you can get wood again?

For some info on Puerto Plata cabañas:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=252106

Prices may have changed since I posted but they are all still going strong.

Dr McGlovin
03-20-2011, 01:25 PM
La Roca is great. I stayed in Cabana 11 and it has access to a private pool area. It really is more like a private villa where no prying can see the naked outdoor activities. I stayed there for 4 days. 3,500 DOP per day. 1,500 DOP for the private pool area. I wound up tipping a worker to open the door and didn't pay the house for the usage. That is where I made my best D.R. "Home Movies" . All the natural sunlight was conducive to great viideo quality. A little tippijg went a long way. The staff would do anything and everything I required. There is also an adjoing cabana #12. That would be a great party for a pair of mongers. I highly recommend this establishment, cheapie cheapies need not apply.

jcrew2020
03-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't want to spend 4 days in a Cabana. 3,500 pesos is almost $100 dollars, you could have rented a nice place for that type of money. Cabanas don't have windows. Where did you eat all the time?

I love Cabanas, but a few hours is enough for me.

Apos
03-20-2011, 01:57 PM
The food at cabañas can be quite good.

What he described sounds pretty awesome and with a private fenced area and pool better than most hotels. Windows? :confused:
We don't need no stinking weiondows with a private patio and pool! :corky:

Sounds like a pretty decent alternative for the privacy seeking villa rental guys at least for an occasional night o 2 at a time! Rent both units and share the pool....hmmm:iconTU:
I wouldn't want to spend 4 days in a Cabana. 3,500 pesos is almost $100 dollars, you could have rented a nice place for that type of money. Cabanas don't have windows. Where did you eat all the time?

I love Cabanas, but a few hours is enough for me.

thunderstar
03-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Thanks so much for the info!

Not planing to fuck for 20 hours, our plan is to "check in", find an old English guy to take out for dinner, then pick up from Bohem or Crystals for a "posh" night.

However - the old English guy may be able to point us in a more value direction - if he has the connects now!

The Presidential suite we looked in last time - but couldnt use because of the stairs, at the time my leg was band and wouldnt be able to make full use of the facilities, however this time - we will chill in the hot tub and party!

Corrado
03-21-2011, 12:02 PM
It is very nice...!!!

jcrew2020
03-21-2011, 01:01 PM
My friend owns these Cabanas. They are really nice. I just wouldn't want to spend 4 days trapped in a cabana.

Dr McGlovin
03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
I had failed to mention that I did have a jeep. Therefore, I was not at the mercy of taxi's and turista price gouging. The manner in which I like to party is not acceptable in hotel surroundings. In the past I have been invited to leave Barba Negra. My wingmen Dr. Timothy Leary and Mr. Bob Marley were not appreciated by John and Co. Privacy is the key element to my mongering. Followed by prompt service of any and all requests. That and a few Santiago dimes should do. :D

To the Thunderstars, Units 11 & 12 really are like villas and not a typical cabana.
I feel they are nicer than the presidential suites and there are no stairs. But, you had mentioned you were looking for a 4 hour rental. These units are available for ST as well.

Happy Mongering

thunderstar
03-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks DR - the villa style is what we will do for a day - its a whole day we are looking at not just a 4 hour rental.

Whilst I dont think our partying is as wild as yours - it suits us.

8 days till we are in the sunshine!