PDA

View Full Version : Rockies

FritoBandito
03-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I'd like to thank the people who come into Rockies for breakfast, drunk, and act rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.

Thanks for being loud and obnoxious and ruining my breakfast experience.

Didn't your mama ever teach you any manners and how to act in public???

Did you ever think that some people like to come into Rockies and have a nice quiet breakfast with no drama???

Have some fucking consideration for other people!

Nakom
03-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I am sure the people you are refering to were drunk, acting rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. If you don't enjoy thier company, find a place where mongers don't stay and eat, and enjoy a quiet drama free breakfast away from them. Simple really.

FritoBandito
03-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I am sure the people you are refering to were drunk, acting rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. If you don't enjoy thier company, find a place where mongers don't stay and eat, and enjoy a quiet drama free breakfast away from them. Simple really.

Fucking-a right I will and did....but why should I have have to go somewhere else??? It's a PUBLIC establishment, and not their own social club....

and besides I was usually in there before they arrived....what I am saying is show some class people and don't act like a buffoon.......

Jimmydr
03-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Fucking-a right I will and did....but why should I have have to go somewhere else??? It's a PUBLIC establishment, and not their own social club....

and besides I was usually in there before they arrived....what I am saying is show some class people and don't act like a buffoon.......

I agree, if that is where we go, they need to tone it down a bit. Tell the manager.

JD426
03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Its not appropriate. Rockies is not just Mongers.
There are families and sometimes goups of ladies older than your mom who go there to eat.. and enjoy quiet, Computer time.
It shows a lack of respect to all those around you. Not even at the New Garden did I see such behavior, and thats whith HO's milling about.
Anyone who thinks its acceptable, is wrong. Just cause you are a half a block from Ho central, dont mean you have to act like a horses ass in a nearby Restaurant.

Nakom
03-23-2011, 01:45 PM
There are 4 types of people (paradigm's) in the world. This situation is a great example. Which of the following would you do in this situation:

1) Talk to the rude mongers and tell them to stop.
2) Complain to the manager.
3) Do nothing and finnish your breakfast.
4) Find a new place to have breakfast.

Jimmydr
03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
There are 4 types of people (paradigm's) in the world. This situation is a great example. Which of the following would you do in this situation:

1) Talk to the rude mongers and tell them to stop.
2) Complain to the manager.
3) Do nothing and finnish your breakfast.
4) Find a new place to have breakfast.

5) Have your whores go over and throw them out.

JD426
03-23-2011, 01:49 PM
6)- ask them if they are going to eat their Cornbread....

and then the fight starts...

LOL

Apos
03-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh my...

2 thoughts:

1. I'm starting new poll or having a vote to change your name to Mr. PC :rolleyes:

LOL
2. Rocky's has cornbread? :corky:

Jimmydr
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM

It must be a new item on the menu.

JD426
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh my...

2 thoughts:

1. I'm starting new poll or having a vote to change your name to Mr. PC :rolleyes:

It was a quadruple entendre, think about it it will come to you...

Jimmydr
03-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Did you ever think that some people like to come into Rockies and have a nice quiet breakfast with no drama???

Have some fucking consideration for other people!

Sometimes people forget .

Apos
03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
It was a quadruple entendre, think about it it will come to you...
Pehaps one of the Mensa members will explain it for me...:rolleyes:

Jimmydr
03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Pehaps one of the Mensa members will explain it for me...:rolleyes:

How do we find out if we are in that organization?

Nakom
03-23-2011, 02:06 PM

LOL

:icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd::icontd:

Apos
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
On a more serious note; often, and it's not a science but often enough, I've seen the staff deal with guys that are disturbing others most effectively and if Rick is there, which is often the case, he's dealt with them straight away.

This seems not to have been the case here but a quick and subtle word with the staff would almost certainly have fixed the issue. Has for me in the past when I figured it would be best coming from them than me...

JD426
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
How do we find out if we are in that organization?

I heard Mensa will send you a PM...

Apos, check your pm bro...
and please dont make something that it aint.. ok bro...
its just a line in a movie from a really funny scene at a table, which erupts into a fight, over corn bread , nothing more.
Frito = corn chips...
it sucks when I have to explain it though, to defend myself.

and as expeceted the head peanut, chimes in with his "Ceasar" thumbs down..
yeagh ok... as usual trying to twist something to your personal agenda.

Apos
03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
It must be a new item on the menu.
A Southern staple that I luv!

I make it pretty good too...want my recipe?

Apos
03-23-2011, 02:18 PM
We're on the same page...funny scene and should be no need to explain.

its just a line in a movie from a really funny scene at a table, which erupts into a fight, over corn bread , nothing more.
Frito = corn chips...

I heard that if you have to ask...never mind :rolleyes:

Jimmydr
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Frito = corn chips...

Some of us need everything splained to us.

Jimmydr
03-23-2011, 02:24 PM
A Southern staple that I luv!

I make it pretty good too...want my recipe?

Sure, I will have one of my amigas whip up a batch for me.

Nakom
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Get a life.

Apos
03-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Sure, I will have one of my amigas whip up a batch for me.

Cornbread (Copied from some wonderful website and used often!)

A Few Quick Notes

Please read through all of the instructions, okay?

This recipe is divided into two parts:

1. the ingredients

2. the techniques, or how to make it.

The Ingredients

3/4 cup of all purpose flour

3/4 cup of yellow cornmeal (it's okay to use white cornmeal -- I prefer yellow)

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tbsp. sugar

1/4 cup of butter, MELTED

1 large egg

1 1/4 cup of buttermilk

3 tbsp. oil (I prefer Canola oil)

The Techniques (How To Make It)

Turn on your oven to 400 to preheat.

Put 3 tbsp. of Canola oil into a black 12" skillet, and put the skillet into the oven so it'll get hot. The skillet with the oil should be in the oven about 15 minutes or so. You want the skillet, and the oil inside it, to get piping hot, but not to begin to smoke.

You'll use TWO bowls, one large and one small.

Into the LARGER bowl put the dry ingredients. Stir them till you're sure that they've all been mixed together thoroughly.Make sure your baking powder/soda have been complete incorporated into your flour and cornmeal.

Into the SMALLER bowl, put the wet ingredients. (I usually put my butter into one of my small mixing bowls and put it into the microwave, on high, for about 20 seconds to melt the butter.) Then I pour in the buttermilk, then break in the egg, and use a fork to mix it all together.

Now here's the trick: pour the liquid ingredients ALL AT ONCE into the dry ingredients.

Use a spatula (or large wooden spoon) to mix the wet and dry ingredients, using only a few swift strokes -- about a dozen turns. It's okay if there are small bits of dry flour/cornmeal here and there. The point is to mix LIGHTLY -- if it starts to look smooth like cake batter, you've gone too far. (It'll still be good, but these instructions are about making a great cornbread.)

Use an oven mitt to remove the hot skillet from the oven and place it on your counter. Then pour your cornbread batter into it, then return the skillet to the oven.

Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. I encourage you to set your timer for 15 minutes, then check the cornbread and turn it halfway around (for even browning.)

Some ovens run really hot -- so your cornbread might be ready in slightly less than 20 minutes. For other ovens, it could take the full 25 minutes, or even slightly longer.

When will you know it's done? When the top has turned a gorgeous golden brown.

Remove it to the counter and let it sit for about 8 minutes. Place a plate on top of the skillet (use an oven mitt -- the skillet will still be really hot) and invert so that the cornbread falls onto the plate. The top (what had been the bottom on the skillet) will be dark and beautiful!

Let the cornbread rest for about 10 minutes, then slice into wedges. The crust will be dark and crisp, the interior will be moist and have a heavenly crumb.

Mr. Smooth
03-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Unfortunately Frito many drunk people are loud, crude and socially unacceptable. When I have been in Rockies for breakfast, it usually has been around noon or 1 pm and things have been pretty tame. Just a few people socializing at an acceptable noise level.

I have enjoyed the Britannia for a decent breakfast and have never had any problems with unruly types.

FritoBandito
03-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately Frito many drunk people are loud, crude and socially unacceptable. When I have been in Rockies for breakfast, it usually has been around noon or 1 pm and things have been pretty tame. Just a few people socializing at an acceptable noise level.

I have enjoyed the Britannia for a decent breakfast and have never had any problems with unruly types.

In fact, that's where I ate breakfast today....:lol:

Citynights
03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
5) Have your whores go over and throw them out.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I bet sidney is getting out of hand again....:crazy:

JD426
03-24-2011, 10:54 AM
how is this for politicall incorrect..
LOL

YouTube - Fat Ho Burgers

Apos
03-24-2011, 11:34 AM
how is this for politicall incorrect..
LOL

YouTube - Fat Ho Burgers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQ6yRa3PjM)

Food looks great, I'd try it!

Where is it? :D

Sidney
03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Rocky's will be featuring March Madness on the ''big screen'', Saturday. First game 6pm. Second game about 9pm.

Sidney
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Final game is: 920pm, Monday