PDA

View Full Version : May 2005 Trip #3

JDR
05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Well there are three couples and we are at The Gran Jimenoa for two nights. We went River Rafting this morning and it was graet! There were 7 rafts full of tourists. Last night we had Mexican food and walked around the town. It all started off with a rental car that had a flat going and another flat in Jarabocca. :(

vak
05-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Did you at least paddle this time?

Pana
05-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Well there are three couples and we are at The Gran Jimenoa for two nights. We went River Rafting this morning and it was graet! There were 7 rafts full of tourists. Last night we had Mexican food and walked around the town. It all started off with a rental car that had a flat going and another flat in Jarabocca. :(
That place is filled with so many potholes when I was there I must of seen :eek: a strech of 2 mile road of potholes thats why I always rent a jeep in DR because you never know what you might fall into down there :? .

BrooklynBeas
05-02-2005, 10:12 PM

Any Pics???

JDR
05-03-2005, 09:33 AM
I did not row this time as well. I have taken no pictures this trip either. Last night we went horsebackriding and had dinner in the hotel overlooking the river. 6 people makes for a nice vacation here. I would like to fill this place one week in the future.

JDR
05-04-2005, 09:50 AM
It would be nice to come here in a large group, fill 3 or 4 rafts and have races. I know of at least 7 guys that have enjoyed this hotel and town. :D

bigfroggy1
05-20-2005, 07:23 PM
I have rafted here in the states on the new and cheat rivers.
is this a lazy oy fast white water raft ??

JDR
05-20-2005, 07:33 PM
I have rafted here in the states on the new and cheat rivers.
is this a lazy oy fast white water raft ??

Its kind of lazy.

bigfroggy1
05-20-2005, 08:15 PM
perfect for sun and beer then :grin:

jd_mine
05-21-2005, 09:17 AM
It's a very controlled environment. I had never done it before and the first few minutes it seemed pretty dangerous. But after that I quickly realised they just give you a sense of danger and even if you do nothing yourself (Jimmy!!!), the guide will steer the thing OK.
One raft did capsize though.........I had great fun, even though I did get sunburn pretty bad.
The horseriding we did afterwards.....I hated that with a passion.

Kevy
05-21-2005, 09:31 AM
How can you not like the horse riding, it is one of the reasons you went there.

Dark Knight
12-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Its kind of lazy.

Ahhhh, my kind of river. Intertube lazy.