PDA

View Full Version : I'm seeing inflation in restaurant prices!

Sidney
03-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Guess they are doing business the L.A way! Business is bad = raise prices! Econ 101 is not taught in L.A. ! Chicken Shacks +15%. Italian restaurant next to Britannia +10%. Burrito Hut +20%.:mad::mad::mad:

el toro
03-28-2011, 04:10 PM
It seems that since the USD to Dom. Peso rate is better that the restaurants are just charging more pesos now. They're thinking in terms of what we would pay in dollars at home rather than local peso pricing and adjusting accordingly so our money doesn't go as far and they profit more.

Hoseman
03-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Guess they are doing business the L.A way! Business is bad = raise prices! Econ 101 is not taught in L.A. ! Chicken Shacks +15%. Italian restaurant next to Britannia +10%. Burrito Hut +20%.:mad::mad::mad:Are you sure they are not just charging you more agai.I had a slice of pizza Sat.I paid 50 peso:biggrin:

papi_sosua
03-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Maybe it is because commodity food prices are going thru the roof worldwide?

And why would you expect your local Chicken Shack, Italian Restaurant, or Burrito Outlet not to pass on their cost of raw ingredients?

Econ 101 for you?

Guess they are doing business the L.A way! Business is bad = raise prices! Econ 101 is not taught in L.A. ! Chicken Shacks +15%. Italian restaurant next to Britannia +10%. Burrito Hut +20%.:mad::mad::mad:

The Sage
03-28-2011, 05:32 PM
There are three things supporting higher prices. Petro cost there now are the highest on record. Commodity prices around the world have gone through the roof. It takes more pesos to buy dollars. My understanding is that most of the commerence there is in some manner pegged to the dollar. With all those forces working in concert restaurant prices had to go up and unfortunately will most likely continue to rise.

papi_sosua
03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
I just never have the patience to say it in as many words.
But you are right on...

There are three things supporting higher prices. Petro cost there now are the highest on record. Commodity prices around the world have gone through the roof. It takes more pesos to buy dollars. My understanding is that most of the commerence there is in some manner pegged to the dollar. With all those forces working in concert restaurant prices had to go up and unfortunately will most likely continue to rise.

Sidney
03-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I will anxiously await your responses when restaurant prices double, triple and even quadruple, as they have in AR! :rofl:

papi_sosua
03-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Home cooking!
Been practicing it since my graduate days.

I can live happily for months on spagh., ketchup, and cheddar cheese. Add 3 lbs. Of chicken breast per day and two hours of exercise...it'll to you good.

I will anxiously await your responses when restaurant prices double, triple and even quadruple, as they have in AR! :rofl:

snoozer
03-28-2011, 09:33 PM

The Burrito Hut only opened 3 months ago, are you saying they have increased their prices by 20% after such a short time? Find it hard to believe.

MrHappy
03-29-2011, 07:51 AM

It's getting ridiculous here.

A Burger King Whopper combo is 10 dollars.

All the malls here are starting to feel it too. Shops are closing down everyday.