PDA

View Full Version : The power of love?

NewsWhore
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Carlos David Garcia Rojas, the messenger who ran away after cashing a check for RD$5.4 million, which belonged to the construction company he worked for, confessed that when he had the money in cash in his hands, he was drunk with love for his girlfriend.

He admitted to the judge who ordered preventive custody that this was why he abandoned his motorcycle and took a taxi, in which he went to the municipality of San Luis, where he stayed for five days. His journey took him to San Pedro de Macoris, Higuey and El Seibo. "They gave me the money... I thought of a girlfriend I had... I loved her a lot... she induced me to do this", he said.

According to Diario Libre, Garcia Rojas told how he got together with his girlfriend Mary Carmen Lopez Perez (La Nina) in San Luis, and gave her a backpack "full of currency". "I put it on the bed and she went on filling it up (with the money)". He said that after he took off for San Pedro de Macoris where his girlfriend "went to find me, supposedly to save me, but it was a trap, it was to kill me and take the money, because some people in Higuey were waiting for me, then she told me what was going on". The accused did not identify the person who had alerted him in Higuey. The judge for Permanent Attention for the National District, Jose Alejandro Vargas, sent him to three months preventive custody in Najayo jail.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#15)