PDA

View Full Version : Cop sent to prison for 20 years

NewsWhore
03-30-2011, 05:00 PM
A police agent, Manuel de Jesus Martinez, who brutally murdered a young college student in his car for failing to stop in an incident that sparked off the "Police, don't kill me! I'll stop!" nationwide campaign was sentenced to 20 years in prison yesterday by the chief magistrate of the tribunal, Gisell Mendez. The court absolved Police Private Elvis Vinicio Montero Jimenez due to the fact that he tried to control the situation and assisted the victim after he was wounded by his partner.

El Caribe reports that the tragic events occurred last 27 June in the Luperon neighborhood and led to the start of a nationwide campaign on social networks and in the media of "Police, don't kill me, I'll stop!" in protest at police brutality. The media campaign was accompanied by peaceful protests calling for justice.

The incident occurred when the young driver was signaled to stop in a dark area and he refused, whereby the police shot the tires and caused the car to crash into some metal benches. Then Manuel de Jesus Martinez shot through the rear window, fatally wounding the driver, Abraham Ramos Morel.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#17)