PDA

View Full Version : easter in DR

GREEKFREAK
04-07-2011, 01:11 AM
I have a question. I'm gonna be in Sosua from 4/20-4-25..during my spring break....I believe easter drops around that time. Is this holiday in any way shape or form going to effect the amount of girls that are working. If yes would it effect it positively or negetively and why.

Thanks in Advance Guys.

gdogg
04-07-2011, 03:31 AM
Semana Santa (Easter) is a HUGE Dominican holiday. You will see a large number of families on the beach that weekend. Also, some hotels will book quickly. The last time I went during that time, I stayed at the Romanoff. I was the only solo traveler there, all the other rooms were taken by a few large families.

I believe there may have been a day that there wasn't an abundance of chicas, even that Sunday chicas were out. I mean it won't be like a Labor Day Weekend Putafest, but I wouldn't cancel a trip because of it. Like I alluded to, just don't plan to be able to roam around the beach that weekend without a MASSIVE crowd.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/gdogggatl/DRSemanaSanta2006219.jpg

Oh yeah, use the "search" function. A lot of your questions can be answered pretty easily. I searched "Semana Santa" and got some decent research material for you:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/search.php?searchid=2639364

:)

snoozer
04-07-2011, 08:48 AM
One year I was at Casa Valeria during Semana Santa and 2 dominican guys rented the room next to me. The first morning 10 guys came out of the room, they had taken all the pool loungers into the room to sleep on.

jose1234
04-07-2011, 08:56 AM
One year I was at Casa Valeria during Semana Santa and 2 dominican guys rented the room next to me. The first morning 10 guys came out of the room, they had taken all the pool loungers into the room to sleep on.

I have a hotel in Cabarete for about five months... Friends have told me that the kids will rent a room for two people and then fill it up with about 10 or so by the morning. I'm told it is spring break on steroids in Cabarete... I think I'll have to make sure the rooms don't have a lot of things that can break in them and then keep my fingers crossed things don't get too wild. I'm also told that every year there are at least two drownings by drunk people in downtown Cabarete during this weekend and several road fatalities as well...

bklyndrguy
04-07-2011, 10:31 AM
just remember that all the clubs and bars are closed from friday 12:00 am till saturday 12:00 am but u can still find many girls what i do all the time i make a plan before with a girl i like so we party in the room

lr444
04-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I have a hotel in Cabarete for about five months... Friends have told me that the kids will rent a room for two people and then fill it up with about 10 or so by the morning. I'm told it is spring break on steroids in Cabarete... I think I'll have to make sure the rooms don't have a lot of things that can break in them and then keep my fingers crossed things don't get too wild. I'm also told that every year there are at least two drownings by drunk people in downtown Cabarete during this weekend and several road fatalities as well...

Have you thought about posting a sign in the lobby and telling all guest that during Easter Week, Your Hotel requiers a deposit on all rooms. (to protect your hotel and any damage done by some guest.)

I have seen it done down there it help to recoup on damages.