PDA

View Full Version : why is my thread closed

levan01
04-04-2011, 06:45 PM
hey can anyone tell me why I got locked out of my first trip to sosua it moved and I can't post

whynotme
04-09-2011, 07:30 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22205

after a few months of inactivity all threads except for stickies are closed

naptime
04-09-2011, 09:10 AM
you call THAT a report?

Kevy
04-09-2011, 09:13 AM
From 2006 and you have to ask:rofl::rofl::rofl:

gdogg
04-09-2011, 09:28 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22205

Wait a minute!!! I know this CAN'T be the thread he's asking about. I remember this. So it took him five years to get his computer fixed and pics re-sized? Hilarious then, hilarious now!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

...just start a new one.

whynotme
04-09-2011, 09:32 AM
he actually posted that question in some elses trip report :confused:

i pulled it out and started a new thread for him so he could get his reply without interrupting the other members thread

gdogg
04-09-2011, 09:34 AM
he actually posted that question in some elses trip report :confused:

i pulled it out and started a new thread for him so he could get his reply without interrupting the other members thread

Yeah...I saw it and was about to answer. I actually started replying, but went back and saw Jimmy had thanked it. I figured he was either re-opening it or moving it. Then a few minutes passed, and I had moved on with my life. :lol:

papirazzi
04-09-2011, 12:05 PM
I remember that thread too...didn't he rip us a new asshole when we waited like five days for something........ANYTHING!!!!
Now Levan...I hope this time the turn around to your announcement is faster!

TC
04-09-2011, 12:31 PM

Just out of curiosity, why is this? Is it a bandwith issue? If not, what is the harm in keeping these threads open forever?

Jimmydr
04-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, why is this? Is it a bandwith issue? If not, what is the harm in keeping these threads open forever?

Because there was a jerkoff that made a comment on a few 100 very old posts one night. A guy asked a question in June 2004 and this jerkoff gave him an answer in May 2009.

TC
04-09-2011, 12:55 PM
1 or 100? I could see 100 being a hassle only because it bumps them all to the top, but if it was one answer, he may not have even realized it.

Sometimes, if I'm researching a place, the only info is old, I may want to ask a followup question. Actually, especially if the info is old, since it may be out of date.

I guess the alternative would be to start a new thread, but I'm not sure that's much different, because either way, there is one thread at the top asking a question about that location.

Not a criticism, just my 2 pesos.

Jimmydr
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
1 or 100? I could see 100 being a hassle only because it bumps them all to the top, but if it was one answer, he may not have even realized it.

Do you want links to all 100.

Jimmydr
04-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I guess the alternative would be to start a new thread, but I'm not sure that's much different, because either way, there is one thread at the top asking a question about that location.

Not a criticism, just my 2 pesos.

Many have started new topics and It takes me 10 seconds to merge them, which is fine.

TC
04-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Do you want links to all 100.

(As I once said to a fat, toothless hooker) I'll pass, but thanks!

levan01
04-09-2011, 01:15 PM
damn guys I thought we were here to help each other out how about a little less criticism I was on the tread first time to sosua I have been traveling to the southcoast since 04 but in june for the first time I'm traveling up north for the first time alone I just wanted some information guys .I don't know what me having a problem with uploading my pictures 5 years ago has to do with my question .if it's something that I don't know or don't understand all you have to do is explain it to me one time.again I'm gonna be in sosua 6/19 thur 7/04 I would like to meet a few of you guys over some beers

Jimmydr
04-09-2011, 01:16 PM
damn guys I thought we were here to help each other out how about a little less criticism I was on the tread first time to sosua I have been traveling to the southcoast since 04 but in june for the first time I'm traveling up north for the first time alone I just wanted some information guys .I don't know what me having a problem with uploading my pictures 5 years ago has to do with my question .if it's something that I don't know or don't understand all you have to do is explain it to me one time.again I'm gonna be in sosua 6/19 thur 7/04 I would like to meet a few of you guys over some beers

Did you say that you had pictures. We would love to see them.

LM
04-09-2011, 01:30 PM

If you want an old thread reopened, to ask a question or add info....PM a Mod and he will reopen it for you....

Jimmydr
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
damn guys I thought we were here to help each other out how about a little less criticism

Its all about having an awesome fucking time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp1TbLFPp8&feature=related

gdogg
04-11-2011, 08:39 AM

I apologize for giving you a hard time. Sometimes I assume that everyone's just like me. I deal with tons of boards dealing with a wide variety of topics, and would never expect a many years old inactive thread to still be open. I should've just said "start a new one".

princepointe
04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Did you say that you had pictures. We would love to see them.

Pictures is the magic word. You can say or do anything you want and if you have pictures it's allllll good. lol. Post that shit up.

givengo440
04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Pics man pics and a good report

mrblackluv
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I think ya'll are confused...(or maybe its just me):biggrin:

I think he wants to know why he can no longer post in
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335133 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335133)

The name of it is "My first trip to Sosua"

He (and I) was posting in that thread before it was moved.

I find it pretty annoying as well when I am posting in a thread..and it is moved without warning to an area in which I do not have accesss.

I know what the answer is.."pay up or post enough to be promoted to green"
but it's still annoying as hell to be suddenly cut off from a conversation you were having.

whynotme
04-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I think ya'll are confused...(or maybe its just me):biggrin:

I think he wants to know why he can no longer post in
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335133 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335133)

The name of it is "My first trip to Sosua"

He (and I) was posting in that thread before it was moved.

I find it pretty annoying as well when I am posting in a thread..and it is moved without warning to an area in which I do not have accesss.

but it's still annoying as hell to be suddenly cut off from a conversation you were having.
once pics are posted in a thread the thread gets moved to the appropriate area. the original thread starter will always have axcess to it even without a paid membership. however lurkers with out paying, will not get axcess to the picture sections

gdogg
04-12-2011, 12:42 AM

You can always send him a pm.

mrblackluv
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Thats what I ended up doing...but at first I couldnt remember his name.

I tried looking at my old posts..but once the thread gets moved you can't see them anymore.

naptime
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM

I tried looking at my old posts..but once the thread gets moved you can't see them anymore.

You couldn't remember jimmy's name ? :rofl:

gdogg
04-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Then send me a pm.