PDA

View Full Version : Filter By User

Don Tomas
04-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Based on a request by "princepointe (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=19644)" and the fact I thought it was a great idea I just built a nice little feature into the board.

When reading a thread you can filter based on the person's name. I can see this as an invaluable feature for new guys that just want to read the info by the author in a Trip Report post and skip the "high 5/good job" or "can I have her #" posts in the thread when everyone replies and puts in their 2 cents.

Or in another case where the trip report was for an entire week with a post per day and they just want to read the story skipping the replies!

You can filter and UN-filter by left clicking on the username in the thread. (see pic) Of course unfilter returns the thread to normal.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/35314da25e5f10b50.jpg

naptime
04-10-2011, 11:03 PM
nice :)

BlueDevil
04-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks, DT. Good to see you back...

CaseOne
04-10-2011, 11:40 PM
isoc boarding experience has improved exponentially..thanks!

princepointe
04-11-2011, 12:00 AM
YEAHHHHH. Thanks man. I was thinking about this a while back but never really thought to mention it. When I saw you updating the site I knew I had to mention it. Thanks for the recognition.

weyland
04-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Nice feature, DT, and thanks for your continued help with the board.

I just tried it out on one very long thread, and found that it not only filtered to the person whose name I clicked but also retained all my own posts in that thread as well.

Is that what you intended? Whether it is or not I think most posters would be happy to have their own posts included in the filter as happened in my test.

Thanks also to Princepointe for suggesting it.

Don Tomas
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Nice feature, DT, and thanks for your continued help with the board.

I just tried it out on one very long thread, and found that it not only filtered to the person whose name I clicked but also retained all my own posts in that thread as well.

Is that what you intended? Whether it is or not I think most posters would be happy to have their own posts included in the filter as happened in my test.

Thanks also to Princepointe for suggesting it.

Unintended Feature I guess.

gdogg
04-11-2011, 08:10 AM
YEAHHHHH. Thanks man. I was thinking about this a while back but never really thought to mention it. When I saw you updating the site I knew I had to mention it. Thanks for the recognition.

Good suggestion, prince! I never would've thought of it. We may just keep you yet.
:wink:

princepointe
04-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Good suggestion, prince! I never would've thought of it. We may just keep you yet.
:wink:

Earning my keep so when BOD is contemplating booting me someone can say "Hey,remember when Prince suggested....". lol

MrHappy
04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
So that is a filter for all posts by a specific member, in the specific thread where one left clicked on the user profile, as opposed to getting all posts in all threads when one selects the "all posts by xxxxx" option?

gdogg
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
I used it on that never ending thread. It was interesting to see my thoughts on it over the years.

Don Tomas
04-12-2011, 03:34 PM
So that is a filter for all posts by a specific member, in the specific thread where one left clicked on the user profile, as opposed to getting all posts in all threads when one selects the "all posts by xxxxx" option?

Yes because when you do a search of "all posts by xxxxx" it comes back as a search result which means you only see the first 200 characters unless you click on the post link.

Whereas this is in the normal thread view where you see all the text and pictures.

Crossfire1
04-12-2011, 04:35 PM
This is an awesome feature. I just read Naptime's report using this feature and it was much more enjoyable. This may inspire me to start posting trip reports again. With this feature people could actually read the report without being distracted by some idiot with negative comments about why the girl has on too much make up.

Thanks DT

princepointe
04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Well look who's back. lol

harlem hec
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
GREAT FEATURE!!!

Prince-thanks for this suggestion!!

sicpup71
04-13-2011, 01:56 AM
nice job DT how's life?

MrHappy
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes because when you do a search of "all posts by xxxxx" it comes back as a search result which means you only see the first 200 characters unless you click on the post link.

Whereas this is in the normal thread view where you see all the text and pictures.

Definitely cool stuff. Thanks DT. Hope you're doing well..

Don Tomas
04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
nice job DT how's life?

Getting better, 2011 is looking up!