PDA

View Full Version : Vargas "sour grapes" and acceptance

NewsWhore
04-12-2011, 04:30 PM
A month and four days since Hipolito Mejia was declared the winner of the PRD's presidential nomination primary, his opponent, Miguel Vargas conceded victory to Mejia and called on his followers to support the campaign.

"Although I know that the results that were announced were not the real results, I am not going to be an obstacle for the party to find itself and successfully take part in the elections of 2012", he told dozens of his followers at an event held yesterday afternoon at the Dominican Fiesta Hotel.

In the midst of expressions of support, he called on his followers "to support without any grudges and with generosity" so that the PRD and Mejia may win the next elections.

He pointed out that his decision "to decline his legitimate aspiration" was taken because "party unity and the nation's stability are above any personal ambitions". Nonetheless, he said that there was a "conspiracy" to devalue his claims and "since they have denied me the path of truth and transparency, I embrace the path of self-sacrifice".

He defended his work as PRD president, which he says is responsible for the recovery of the party after the 2004 elections. He added that as a result of the agreement signed with President Leonel Fernandez in May 2009, the President decided not to run for re-election.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#12)