PDA

View Full Version : Any good seafood restaurants

remyman41
10-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Looking for something in Sosua, like the ones in Maimon, that offer a variety of fish and lobster

Hemp
10-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Looking for something in Sosua, like the ones in Maimon, that offer a variety of fish and lobster

marua mai is a good start...lol
i had this seafood platter that G-dogg vouched for that was very good. i forget the name of the platter.

ChicaRider
10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
no fish camps like in Maimon... but Restaurant Central in Charamicos is awesome and comparable - in price and quality... the "new" place in Charamicos (called "memories" or something like that) overlooking the beach, is a little more expensive (still very reasonable) and the food's not as good... but the view is AWESOME...

The only places Ive found similar to Maimon are the "fish camps" in Rio San Juan.. but they're farther from Sosua...east instead of west...

gdogg
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM
...also Michael's in Los Charamicos. Great food and a great view of the beach!!

continentalmike
10-14-2006, 07:30 AM
...also Michael's in Los Charamicos. Great food and a great view of the beach!!

Gdogg,

When we ate there it was called Micheal's Stone, mi hijo.. anyway the food is your basic good homecooked seafood a la criolla and as it is freshly cooked before you eat expect around 2 pre-dinner drinks of waiting time.. so don't go there is you have an urgent desire to eat!

C-Mike

ErikS
10-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Gdogg,

When we ate there it was called Micheal's Stone, mi hijo.. anyway the food is your basic good homecooked seafood a la criolla and as it is freshly cooked before you eat expect around 2 pre-dinner drinks of waiting time.. so don't go there is you have an urgent desire to eat!

C-Mike

I think you guys are talking about this place?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/DR-Aug2006162.jpg

Very easy to get to in Los Charamicos. Just walk to the far end of the Sosua beach (towards the high numberred stalls). Walk up the steps at the end of the beach and make the first right.
Micheals is about 100 meters down on the right (water side).

ChicaRider
10-15-2006, 09:47 PM
The "new" place (Memories) is right next door...I think it used to be called Atlanticos...I heard a couple of good reviews of the food, but mine (Pescado Criollia) was not very good...

ErikS
10-15-2006, 09:55 PM
The "new" place (Memories) is right next door...I think it used to be called Atlanticos...I heard a couple of good reviews of the food, but mine (Pescado Criollia) was not very good...

Do you mean this place next door?
I liked it and what a view......., and Presidentes were 40 pesos!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006159.jpg

vagabond
10-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Restaurant El Batey serves excelent seafood. Atlantic Blue is also good.

ChicaRider
10-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Do you mean this place next door?
I liked it and what a view......., and Presidentes were 40 pesos!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Aug2006/LosCharamicos/DR-Aug2006159.jpg

Yep, that's it... the views from those two places is amazing...awesome breeze too. The drinks were good and cheap, the service was great - and friendly, but my fish was pretty bad - actually one of the worst meals Ive ever had in the DR...but like I said, I heard a few other good reviews, so maybe it was an off day. And I have to say, the Lambi Vinagrette was great - but you cant really screw that up! They don't have a menu - or at least didn't a few weeks ago, maybe they do now. They have Chicken, fish, Pork Chops, Conch, Octopus...all prepared either fried, grilled, or criollia-style. Im willing to give it another shot...hard to go wrong with grilled chuletas or fried chicken!

Also the price wasnt bad, considering there was no menu and I was taling a chance...but the fish was around 200 peos with fries and a salad...

I was going to mention Atlantic Blu's and Antonio's, but the OP was looking for something to compare to the fish camps in Maimon... 500 peso entres don't cut it!

Side note: Baileys has a few good seafood dishes...all under 350 pesos, some around 225..all their food is great and they have a good salad bar...