PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new pizza place!!

WickedWillie
04-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Located between Cafe Cubano and Brittania on PC.

Wood fired brick oven pizza parlour being opened in a few days time by an Italian, Tony, who has owned and run pizza places in Cabarete for over 20 years.

Seville
04-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Wood fired brick oven pizza parlour being opened in a few days time by an Italian, Tony, who has owned and run pizza places in Cabarete for over 20 years.

Is his pizza in Cabarete any good?

onetosix
04-21-2011, 06:26 AM

I was watching this place under construction in March before I left for Thailand....stoped in there one day and asked the construction workers what was going in there and they told me a pizza resturant....I thought "oh good" maybe a stand-alone dedicated pizza-only place might have some great pizza, but alas I left town before completion and so I'm glad to hear that it is actually going to open and will be eager to get some opinion reports of its offerings and quality...in the meantime the food here in Thailand is off-the-charts fantastic and CHEAP, but I'll be back in Sosua in October and hope to have some good pizza there.

Kevy
04-21-2011, 07:06 AM
I was watching this place under construction in March before I left for Thailand....stoped in there one day and asked the construction workers what was going in there and they told me a pizza resturant....I thought "oh good" maybe a stand-alone dedicated pizza-only place might have some great pizza, but alas I left town before completion and so I'm glad to hear that it is actually going to open and will be eager to get some opinion reports of its offerings and quality...in the meantime the food here in Thailand is off-the-charts fantastic and CHEAP, but I'll be back in Sosua in October and hope to have some good pizza there.

You still in Thailand? We get there Saturday.

onetosix
04-21-2011, 07:18 AM
You still in Thailand? We get there Saturday.

Yes, I'm living here in Pattaya right now enjoying the low hanging fruit...it's always in season here you know. If you PM me and let me know where you'll be hanging your hat in Pattaya, I'll look you up. It would be nice to meet you and compare a few notes over a drink...sounds like we enjoy some quite similar locations and activities around the planet.

Seville
04-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Yes, I'm living here in Pattaya right now enjoying the low hanging fruit...it's always in season here you know. If you PM me and let me know where you'll be hanging your hat in Pattaya, I'll look you up. It would be nice to meet you and compare a few notes over a drink...sounds like we enjoy some quite similar locations and activities around the planet.

You are such a social butterfly.:rolleyes:

WickedWillie
04-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Is his pizza in Cabarete any good?

His old place, PizzaVia, was a good hangout and I enjoyed the pizza. Back in the day a pie cost RD$60 and I spent many nights with him drinking his gut-rot mamajuana. He eventually sold it for US$450,000 to a dreamer from Seattle who went bust in 6 months.

His newer place is always busy but I think he could be more generous with the toppings.

onetosix
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
You are such a social butterfly.:rolleyes:

Yeah...you're one to talk....at least I don't limit myself to Haitian flachitas even though I have enjoyed a number of them too and would have to agree that they are excellent companions.